BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 7:39:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It's not about "fact checking," it's about our side continually falling for stupid shit over and over again and looking like mouth breathing morons still stuck in 1980's era "Satan Panic."

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
And here is what the Dark Brandon is based on, the Dark Maga that Madison Cawthorn and MTG used to repost.

The left can't meme so stop falling for this stupid shit.

You're playing right out of their hand.

https://www.businessinsider.com/dark-maga-explained-far-right-memes-calling-for-trump-revenge-2022-5

I bet all of you calling it "Satanic" had nothing to say when Marjorie Taylor Green and so many others were making the reference about themselves or fellow Conservatives.

https://i.imgur.com/nsC1xBa.jpeg
Thank you for fact checking us. Maybe you can work for one of the major news corporations.

It's not about "fact checking," it's about our side continually falling for stupid shit over and over again and looking like mouth breathing morons still stuck in 1980's era "Satan Panic."

But aren't they evil and satanic?
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 7:41:43 AM EDT
[#2]
That's Biden when he gets around little children.

Link Posted: 2/12/2024 7:56:44 AM EDT
[#3]
When I see stuff like this, I ignore it and move on, and don't grasp at straws trying to attribute things to it.  I'm clearly not in the know and don't GAF.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 8:29:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Never heard of “dark maga” in my life

The MTG tweet there is after the dark Brandon crap isn’t it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And here is what the Dark Brandon is based on, the Dark Maga that Madison Cawthorn and MTG used to repost.

https://www.businessinsider.com/dark-maga-explained-far-right-memes-calling-for-trump-revenge-2022-5

Memes with the Dark MAGA aesthetic frequently depict Trump in dramatic black and red-tinted images, often with laser beams shooting out of his eyes.

"A big part of the aesthetic involves memes of a God-like, authoritarian Trump getting revenge on perceived opponents," Dr. Caroline Orr Bueno, a behavioral scientist researching far-right extremism, told Insider.

"It's an aggrieved movement centered around the idea of a vengeful return to power. They're embracing the role of the villain and stripping away any facade of decency or political correctness."

Although not explicitly endorsed by Donald Trump, the movement appears to be gaining more mainstream support – including from Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, who on May 7 posted an image with the Dark MAGA aesthetic.

I bet all of you calling it "Satanic" had nothing to say when Marjorie Taylor Green and so many others were making the reference about themselves or fellow Conservatives.

Nope. The laser shooting out of Trump's eyes as the "Dark MAGA" meme started before the Dark Brandon meme.

The Dark Brandon meme was a copy of the Dark MAGA meme and combined aspects of the Let's Go Biden meme with it.

Basically a way of "If we start calling ourselves the same nickname and make light of it, it loses the power to be used against us."

Ben Shapiro and others were all butthurt the liberals started copying the Dark MAGA meme and "ruining it."

The meme (Dark Brandon) first began to catch on in late summer of 2022, trending on Twitter and drawing mockery from right-wing influencers like Ben Shapiro, while other posters complained that the libs ruined their meme. But the origin and potential cringe elements didn’t stop many Biden supporters from wholeheartedly embracing and running with the imagery.

This MTG twitter post referring to the Dark MAGA trend was a few months before the Dark Brandon meme even started.

Pretty sure they used this image and others like it to copy off it.

Link Posted: 2/12/2024 8:31:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 8:33:30 AM EDT
[#6]
The left is retarded.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 8:59:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Whomever is in charge of the Joe Biden X account has been making some really bad decisions lately.

For a group that says "mean tweets = bad" anyways.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 9:11:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

It was all over this site in 2022.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 9:15:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Trump will save us
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 9:15:41 AM EDT
[#10]
To be fair, everything is going as they drew it up.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 9:20:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 9:49:45 AM EDT
[#12]
He’s trolling y’all about fixing the super bowl so Taylor swift can endorse him
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 10:08:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

C'mon people, it's like everyone here is an "expert" on the meme wars and trolling but then can't figure out the basics when the other side is using it against you.

It's nothing to do with "Satan" or anything else.....

It's just making fun of the Let's Go Brandon joke combined with the earlier "Dark MAGA" meme going around a few years back and used by multiple conservative politicians.

And the caption is a reference is all the conspiracy nutcases with Taylor Swift using the deep state to win the Super Bowl.

Stop falling for this shit. I don't understand how some of you can be so gullible.

View Quote

Quoted:

View Quote

This.

Also, user name is appropriate.

GD is in a full blown “Satanic Panic”!!

You guys better align yourselves with Tipper Gore and the PMRC!
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 10:10:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The left is retarded.
View Quote

Many so called “conservatives” on the right, are showing themselves to not be any better.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 10:11:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yup.

…and it’s working.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 10:28:01 AM EDT
[#16]
This is the first I'm seeing anything called "Dark MAGA."  

My recollection is that Biden's handlers started the "Dark Brandon" shit as a way of trying to turn the "Let's Go Brandon" chanting back on the conservatives,  which in turn gave birth to the "Leftists Can't Meme" meme.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 10:30:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

She already endorsed him tho
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 12:52:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Nope. The laser shooting out of Trump's eyes as the "Dark MAGA" meme started before the Dark Brandon meme.

The Dark Brandon meme was a copy of the Dark MAGA meme and combined aspects of the Let's Go Biden meme with it.

Basically a way of "If we start calling ourselves the same nickname and make light of it, it loses the power to be used against us."

Ben Shapiro and others were all butthurt the liberals started copying the Dark MAGA meme and "ruining it."

This MTG twitter post referring to the Dark MAGA trend was a few months before the Dark Brandon meme even started.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Memes with the Dark MAGA aesthetic frequently depict Trump in dramatic black and red-tinted images, often with laser beams shooting out of his eyes.

"A big part of the aesthetic involves memes of a God-like, authoritarian Trump getting revenge on perceived opponents," Dr. Caroline Orr Bueno, a behavioral scientist researching far-right extremism, told Insider.

"It's an aggrieved movement centered around the idea of a vengeful return to power. They're embracing the role of the villain and stripping away any facade of decency or political correctness."

Although not explicitly endorsed by Donald Trump, the movement appears to be gaining more mainstream support – including from Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, who on May 7 posted an image with the Dark MAGA aesthetic.

The meme (Dark Brandon) first began to catch on in late summer of 2022, trending on Twitter and drawing mockery from right-wing influencers like Ben Shapiro, while other posters complained that the libs ruined their meme. But the origin and potential cringe elements didn’t stop many Biden supporters from wholeheartedly embracing and running with the imagery.

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/west-wing-playbook/2022/08/08/how-a-meme-of-biden-as-an-underworld-king-became-appropriated-by-his-aides-00050405

Little more backstory on it apparently. It originated in 2020 but not from "dark maga"

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top