Dave Smith Breaks Down the Reasons Russia Invaded Ukraine

Title is description enough.

Good discussion.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 11:15:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Failed to load title?
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 11:17:01 PM EDT
[#2]
yawn opened right up with nuke derp, i skimmed and was just derp, derp, talking about others shows derp.. im out
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 11:17:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Failed to load title?
View Quote

Thread title. You know what I meant.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 11:17:52 PM EDT
[#4]
It's amazing how feeble and helpless people are today.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 11:17:56 PM EDT
[#5]
He should send UKR a few million dollars.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 11:29:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Smith is a Communist
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 11:29:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 11:30:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 11:33:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVXzwnU1H6U

Good discussion.
View Quote

He was indeed given an education.  Maybe not based in facts, but that’s not important.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 11:43:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

He was indeed given an education.  Maybe not based in facts, but that’s not important.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good discussion.

Guy apparently schooling Joe is an ass... and his version of events are definitely spun to favor his narrative.

Putin is a bad guy.

Ukraine is corrupt and in bed with corrupt governments.

Our government is doing evil shit.

I agree on those points.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 11:45:25 PM EDT
[#11]
The reality is that countries are free to modernize and shed their old corruption and Putin wants these countries to stay beholden to him with his puppets forever. Buck from that and we'll invade you? We should just appease Putin forever because he'll stop at one country? He might nuke us so he should just be able to hold countries hostage forever right? F that. This guy would have appeased Hitler in the 1930's.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 12:05:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Fuck him and fuck Russia. Ukraine has every right to defend itself.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 12:15:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have yet to see anyone make that argument. I have seen people say not to use our tax money to fight other people's stupid wars. And consequently draw us into another nations border dispute.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 2:07:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I have yet to see anyone make that argument. I have seen people say not to use our tax money to fight other people's stupid wars. And consequently draw us into another nations border dispute.
View Quote

Respectfully,

- LOTS of people have made that argument from .gov on down to joe on the street corner, and the world over.
- This is not a “stupid” war.  This is a knock-down, David vs. Goliath fight for existence for some people.
- It’s not a “border dispute.” This is a knock-down, David vs. Goliath fight for existence for some people.
- It’s a test of international law and whether such a thing can exist with a rogue nuclear power.  It is of massive global importance.

I’m not opposed to different opinions, but we have to have the basic facts ironed out and a lot of the buzz and media is not making that clear at all.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 2:37:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Respectfully,

- LOTS of people have made that argument from .gov on down to joe on the street corner, and the world over.
- This is not a “stupid” war.  This is a knock-down, David vs. Goliath fight for existence for some people.
- It’s not a “border dispute.” This is a knock-down, David vs. Goliath fight for existence for some people.
- It’s a test of international law and whether such a thing can exist with a rogue nuclear power.  It is of massive global importance.

I’m not opposed to different opinions, but we have to have the basic facts ironed out and a lot of the buzz and media is not making that clear at all.
View Quote

I don't mean to sound inflammatory, but there is no other way to put this that would get the point across.

International law is fake and gay and has often been just a cudgel for the U.S. It restrains when it doesn't matter, and is broken when it hurts the bottom line.  That's fine for empire, but I think we can discuss how it's a load of bullshit.

That's not to say I don't respect national sovereignty, I think that's a very important thing. But their aims, security, and borders are secondary to mine.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 2:57:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.

I wonder why people aren’t as gung ho to free Tibet.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 3:21:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yup.

View Quote

Tibet isn’t a stepping stone to ww3.

Link Posted: 9/29/2022 3:24:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.

I don’t understand why so many of you want WW3.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 3:35:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nobody does.

Acquiescing to a violent dictator will.

The west’s failure to take action in 2014 has only emboldened a tyrant.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 3:37:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Nobody does.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nobody does.

So why don’t you support liberating Tibet?
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 3:38:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Nobody does.

View Quote

Everything is WW2
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 3:48:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Everything is WW2
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nobody does.

Everything is WW2

It is kind of funny when you think about it. They refuse to see the parallels to other events throughout history.  

Link Posted: 9/29/2022 4:00:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ukraine has strategic value to the United States whereas Tibet doesn't (shrug.gif)
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 4:05:10 AM EDT
[#24]
This guy does not know what he is talking about. Just looking for attention. Totally ignores Crimea and Russian troops in Moldova. There is nothing he won't give Putin. Screw the people who want freedom. Most of them on Arfcom are the same sellouts who advocate balkanizing America too. Before the war, no one, no one, believed Russia was a paper tiger. Y'all bought into the propaganda and won't admit it. They were all expecting Russia to overrun Ukraine in 2-3 weeks. If Putin wants to commit national suicide and use nukes then so be it. It will be the worst decision he could possibly make and he knows it. If he survives the war he will be on the run. Russia is having riots all over the country, govt. buildings being burned, and hundreds of thousands of draft-age men are fleeing the country. He is losing on every front. A nuke isn't going to change that. Using a nuke is not another way of flipping the bird at the world. It will just seal his doom. By the way, the talks never stopped, they still meet. Right now they are discussing a huge prisoner swap.

I find it interesting the same people who were blabbering we shouldn't fight for the people who won't fight for their freedom, then change their tune when they do fight. They are just empty chests. I hope Ukraine does push Russia out of their country, every square inch of it. Make the chickens who wanted the Ukrainians to sue for peace early on at any price eat shit.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 2:42:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
yawn opened right up with nuke derp, i skimmed and was just derp, derp, talking about others shows derp.. im out
View Quote

ADHD much?
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 2:44:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Guy apparently schooling Joe is an ass... and his version of events are definitely spun to favor his narrative.

Putin is a bad guy.

Ukraine is corrupt and in bed with corrupt US government.

I agree on those points.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/29/2022 2:46:25 PM EDT
[#27]
The guest is acting and speaking very soyish.

Link Posted: 9/29/2022 2:52:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Respectfully,

View Quote

Did you copy paste that response one too many times?
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 2:58:42 PM EDT
[#29]
The guy talking is a fucking idiot. He has hardly done any looking into what's going on.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 3:00:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Putin is a bad guy.

I agree on those points.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good discussion.

Putin is a bad guy.

I agree on those points.

Agree
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 3:01:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Respectfully,

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Respectfully,

Some would say this is biblical.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 3:02:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Ukraine has strategic value to the United States whereas Tibet doesn't (shrug.gif)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ayup. Natural gas sales.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 3:05:17 PM EDT
[#33]
He went off on some sort of "agreement" that the USSR had with NATO when it dissolved in the '90's that USSR would give up its client states and in exchange NATO would not expand.  I don't think that happened.  From what I recall, the USSR just plain fell apart.  That's when I turned it off.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 3:07:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Some would say this is biblical.
View Quote

It is, and not just in the often used David and Goliath sense, Russia is probably the last in Daniel's list of "kings", world powers.  Among them were Babylon, Persia, Greece from Alexander the Great onwards, and Rome.  Russia is prophesied to fall, "he will come all the way to his end, and there will be no helper for him".  Seems that is well along, with the often miserable performance of the Russian military in the field and all the mounting domestic problems and dissent in Russia.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 3:14:44 PM EDT
[#35]
I don't believe a fucking thing any talking head says.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 3:15:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 3:16:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Putin is a bad guy.

I agree on those points.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good discussion.

Putin is a bad guy.

I agree on those points.

Agree as well
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 3:18:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Lolbertarians never disappoint
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 3:27:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The reality is that countries are free to modernize and shed their old corruption and Putin wants these countries to stay beholden to him with his puppets forever. Buck from that and we'll invade you? We should just appease Putin forever because he'll stop at one country? He might nuke us so he should just be able to hold countries hostage forever right? F that. This guy would have appeased Hitler in the 1930's.
View Quote

The reality is every world leader is a piece of hot shit. They all deserve to die. Putin is Europe's problem. We should stay out of it while we deal with our own trash.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 3:31:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The guy talking is a fucking idiot. He has hardly done any looking into what's going on.
View Quote

100%

Link Posted: 9/29/2022 3:50:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Strategic value is much higher for those that are in power. Its where they can launder and steal billions of taxpayers money.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 3:52:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Neither have a strategic value to the US.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 3:54:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Respectfully,

Interestingly enough Ukraine means borderlands.

Link Posted: 9/29/2022 3:55:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Ayup. Natural gas sales.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ayup. Natural gas sales.

Tibet is loaded with copper and other minerals.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 3:55:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Respectfully,

- This is not a "stupid" war.  This is a knock-down, David vs. Goliath fight for existence for some people.
- It's not a "border dispute." This is a knock-down, David vs. Goliath fight for existence for some people.
- It's a test of international law and whether such a thing can exist with a rogue nuclear power.  It is of massive global importance.

I'm not opposed to different opinions, but we have to have the basic facts ironed out and a lot of the buzz and media is not making that clear at all.
View Quote
You talk a lot about facts.  Yet did not refute anything he listed.  Now who is spreading vague propaganda of "hope, transparency, and change"?
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 4:01:38 PM EDT
[#46]
I don't know who Dave Smith is, but he seems like a real Russian sympathizer asshole. Stopped playing after a few minutes.

OP- feel shame for posting this and wasting our time.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 4:14:32 PM EDT
[#47]
I’m still waiting to hear what Ukraines strategic value is to US taxpayers.

Bueller?…..

Please don’t mention that if we don’t stop him in Ukraine, he’ll March on Poland and threaten all of NATO/Europe. Russias military is obviously a joke.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 4:23:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Quit watching when he implied that Saddam didn’t have WMDs. Saddam most certainly did have them and his use of them on the Kurds is well documented.

Fuck anyone who says Saddam didn’t have them and regurgitates that retarded leftist talking point.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 4:33:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I'm still waiting to hear what Ukraines strategic value is to US taxpayers.

Bueller? ..

Please don't mention that if we don't stop him in Ukraine, he'll March on Poland and threaten all of NATO/Europe. Russias military is obviously a joke.
View Quote
Ukraine turned hard against corruption in 2014.  It has been very obvious as a change in the business climate there in the last few years. Do we want countries to be encouraged to be corrupt shitholes, or do we want them to reform and reduce corruption?  Strategically, we don't really want to be friends with corrupt places, since they are inherently unstable and prone to communist revolution.

We're getting the best possible deal on real world testing of our equipment, against Russia's toys, without having our military coming home mangled/dead.  That's both valuable for R&D purposes, but massively supports U.S. manufacturing/on shoring.  It is the best interests of the U.S. taxpayers to have a very robust manufacturing, and in particular military hardware production capability.  

Plenty of countries right now that would normally be buying their hardware from Russia or China are rethinking that, some of those are relevant to U.S. international interests.  It makes for better diplomatic leverage/relations where, say India or Turkey really wants the U.S. hardware.

Link Posted: 9/29/2022 4:36:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
You must not have been around during the opening of the war or you are lying.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top