Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 9:22:34 AM EDT
[#1]
I know I am not a politician but I have held a clearance in the past ,  clearances do not just stay active forever after you leave .  I think mine went inactive after 24 months (that had to do mostly with a different contractor taking over the contract) , and they can be revoked immediately.  Were I to take another position where I needed a clearance I would go through the security clearance process again , background  investigation , etc.

Why should this asshole have any type of preferential treatment ?
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 9:26:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
fuck that Communist Muslim
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/30/2020 9:45:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I am sure his book would call President Trump one of Americas enemies.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 9:55:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If he is no longer in that job he should no longer have access. Need to know and he doesnt

This is normal
View Quote

The security clearance process is as political as anything else in government.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 9:58:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The security clearance process is as political as anything else in government.
View Quote

Yes and that is a problem .
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 10:02:12 AM EDT
[#6]
He should be writing it from Gitmo.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 10:02:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Should have given him access and fed him disinformation.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 10:03:00 AM EDT
[#8]
GOOD
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 10:06:35 AM EDT
[#9]
I would like to believe this is to prevent him from discovering the case against him that is surely classified at the moment.

I would like to believe.

Unfortunately, I don't.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 10:06:45 AM EDT
[#10]
I don't understand, why when person is out of their job, no longer part of the organization, retired, why do they still have any access to anything at all.

Once you are out, you are out.  Cut all the classified access.  Too many people have too much access.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 10:18:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If he is no longer in that job he should no longer have access. Need to know and he doesnt

This is normal
View Quote

This.  There isn't some conspiracy involved.  The fact is he is no longer a federal employee (not to mention not having a legitimate WORK RELATED need to know).  A memoir doesn't count.  And even if he was still a employed by the government, needing the info to write a book, is not a justification to access the material.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 10:21:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
If he is no longer in that job he should no longer have access. Need to know and he doesnt...
View Quote

You would think so but apparently it isn't typical. High level people leave government service but continue to have the ability to access current, classified information. There's certainly no rational, legitimate explanation for why that's the case but we all know the real reason. That information gets funneled to our allies and enemies via their bullshit positions on corporate boards.

Why didn't anyone stop this practice long ago? Because they're all in on the payoffs in exchange for info game. Just the 1 billionth example of how corrupt and broken our government is.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 10:23:48 AM EDT
[#13]
As soon as you quit working, your access needs to stop.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 10:26:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 10:37:52 AM EDT
[#15]
If he's no longer in a position where he is need-to-know, he shouldn't have access anyway.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 10:47:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
That took far too long.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/30/2020 7:02:39 PM EDT
[#17]
LOL Took long enough
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 7:13:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Fuck Brennan. He's a cunt.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 7:19:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Isn't that asshole a literal fucking communist?
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 8:23:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
That took far too long.
View Quote
Yep.  That should have happened the minute he started running his mouth.

I know if I break my NDA my shit stops working that day
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 8:23:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Obama and all his cronies should be on that list too.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 8:25:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 8:27:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Seems as though many former appointees to such positions have no automatic removal of such access.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is normal

Seems as though many former appointees to such positions have no automatic removal of such access.

that is criminal
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 8:27:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 9:38:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Isn't that asshole a literal fucking communist?
View Quote

Card carrying member of the Communist Party and some faggot motherfucker made him CIA director. You know his cocksucker name!
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 9:43:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

You would think so but apparently it isn't typical. High level people leave government service but continue to have the ability to access current, classified information. There's certainly no rational, legitimate explanation for why that's the case but we all know the real reason. That information gets funneled to our allies and enemies via their bullshit positions on corporate boards.

Why didn't anyone stop this practice long ago? Because they're all in on the payoffs in exchange for info game. Just the 1 billionth example of how corrupt and broken our government is.
View Quote

And this is based upon first hand knowledge.  Now I can understand if lets say a soldier with a TS clearance leaves the government and then is hired by a defense contractor, which requires a TS clearance, then yes it would make sense.  Now lets say Bill Clinton, who has left office, doesn't have access to current classified information.  Maybe i'm missing something.  Can you enlighten us?
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 9:44:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
That took far too long.
View Quote

Quoted:
Good. FJB.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/30/2020 9:49:26 PM EDT
[#28]
He should be blocked from removing his head from the stainless steel toilet by his cell mate .
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 9:51:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
That took far too long.
View Quote

FPNI
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 9:51:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 9:59:09 PM EDT
[#31]

I have a "drinking problem"...

Such a great film.  lol.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 10:11:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I would like to believe this is to prevent him from discovering the case against him that is surely classified at the moment.

I would like to believe.

Unfortunately, I don't.
View Quote

One reason to suspend a clearance is due to an investigation.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 10:17:19 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm just glad that it finally got done.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top