Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/11/2024 11:24:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Chokey]
Fuck JBJ but good on him for this

https://fox17.com/news/local/jon-bon-jovi-helps-save-woman-on-nashville-pedestrian-bridge

WATCH: Jon Bon Jovi talks woman off ledge on Nashville bridge | LiveNOW from FOX
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 11:27:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Good for him
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 11:32:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Good job, I suppose.  Never seen a suicidal person who was serious get talked out of shit.  They just do it; others are just attention whores.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 11:42:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Moon-Watcher:
others are just attention whores.
View Quote

Or it’s because they don’t know how to cry for help.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 11:46:14 PM EDT
[#4]
The twist, she was actually on the ledge because she swore that she would kill herself if she had to listen to one more of his songs.

Remember when he sang  "I've seen a million faces, and I rocked them all"  I always thought at least one person wasn't rocked.  And it must have been her!!!
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 11:47:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Good on him, and good for her. I hope they both find solace after that event.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 11:50:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Wonder if he got out and started singing living on a prayer, or wanted dead or alive??
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 11:54:09 PM EDT
[#7]
In contrast, Phil Collins watched a guy drown.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 11:54:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Woman: *puts one foot on railing*
Bon Jovi: "Who-oooa, we're halfway there!"

But seriously, I'm glad she decided not to go through with it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 11:55:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By spork:
View Quote

Lol
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 11:57:47 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 12:05:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Jovi reportedly said to the woman “Whoa, we're half way there… Take my hand, we'll make it, I swear… We've gotta hold on to what we've got. It doesn't make a difference if we make it or not, we got each other."

FJBJ
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 12:11:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Lot of class.  Good for him.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 12:16:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By junker46:
Lot of class.  Good for him.
View Quote

This. Lots of people out there wouldn’t have done anything.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 12:23:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Yeah, good for him.  

I can't help but notice the other people that just kept walking.  WTF.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 12:53:08 AM EDT
[#15]
In the video it looks like the other person did all the work to get her to come back over the railing.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 1:11:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SuperHeavy] [#16]
Let me off this world, people are delusional.

Originally Posted By AR15Texan:
In the video it looks like the other person did all the work to get her to come back over the railing.
View Quote

Maybe I'm delusional? I see Jon start to talk and approach the railings the women responds to him, Jon's wife is sort of hiding behind him at this point.

Rushing up and pushing into a suicidal jumpers personal space is probably a bad idea. Bon Jovi's slow cool approach seems to be the smarter one.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 1:14:30 AM EDT
[#17]
I was on a bridge maintenance crew with the DOT for 11 years, then another 6 years doing inspection on bridge and highway projects. Lets just say I’ve had some training and seen some aftermath.

A jumper doesn’t hesitate. They pull over, leave the car running, don’t ever bother to close the door, and they hop over the barrier.

An attention seeker sits or stands on the edge and lets emergency responders talk to them.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 1:41:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Good job, I suppose.  Never seen a suicidal person who was serious get talked out of shit.  They just do it; others are just attention whores.
View Quote

This x 1000….
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 1:45:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By GimpyPaw:
I was on a bridge maintenance crew with the DOT for 11 years, then another 6 years doing inspection on bridge and highway projects. Lets just say I’ve had some training and seen some aftermath.

A jumper doesn’t hesitate. They pull over, leave the car running, don’t ever bother to close the door, and they hop over the barrier.

An attention seeker sits or stands on the edge and lets emergency responders talk to them.
View Quote

I-405 bridge probably has the highest body count…
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 2:10:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Good thing it wasn't David Lee Roth.

Ah, might as well jump (jump)
Might as well jump
Go ahead and jump (jump)
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 2:11:47 AM EDT
[#21]
View Quote

In his defense, there was something in the air that night.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 2:14:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By tac556:

I-405 bridge probably has the highest body count…
View Quote

Vista Bridge used to be king, until they put the fencing up.  Fremont (I-405) averages 45 - 60 jumpers per year, and it's still only 3rd in the state.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 2:23:12 AM EDT
[#23]
I need to know what it was that she threw off the bridge?
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 2:42:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Liberal pos he is

Link Posted: 9/12/2024 2:47:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By benbob:
The twist, she was actually on the ledge because she swore that she would kill herself if she had to listen to one more of his songs.

Remember when he sang  "I've seen a million faces, and I rocked them all"  I always thought at least one person wasn't rocked.  And it must have been her!!!
View Quote

Savage, love your humor… may I subscribe to your news letter?
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 3:10:02 AM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 3:13:49 AM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

I'm not sure that "attention seeker" is the term I'd use.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 3:17:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Chromekilla:
Wonder if he got out and started singing living on a prayer, or wanted dead or alive??
View Quote
Never Say Goodbye
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 3:23:26 AM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

Theres those they are determined and those that aren't, and often find them in places where they can be discovered, bridges etc, they take pills then call 911, etc and the others.....when they find the body
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 6:35:22 AM EDT
[#30]
View Quote
An awfully narrow view from someone who I sure had tons of experience in dealing with critical incidents.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 6:40:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By SuperHeavy:

Maybe I'm delusional? I see Jon start to talk and approach the railings the women responds to him, Jon's wife is sort of hiding behind him at this point.

Rushing up and pushing into a suicidal jumpers personal space is probably a bad idea. Bon Jovi's slow cool approach seems to be the smarter one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SuperHeavy:

Originally Posted By AR15Texan:

They’re wrong, but even if they weren’t that’s a very goofy thing to get pedantic over.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 6:45:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NY12ga] [#32]
Originally Posted By GoBigRed:
Good thing it wasn't David Lee Roth.

Ah, might as well jump (jump)
Might as well jump
Go ahead and jump (jump)
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 6:59:54 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By wsix:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wsix:

True, but I believe, he didn't care anymore.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 7:03:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Chokey:
Fuck JBJ but good on him for this

https://fox17.com/news/local/jon-bon-jovi-helps-save-woman-on-nashville-pedestrian-bridge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pc9SZgaWHx8
View Quote

Good on him.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 7:07:15 AM EDT
[#35]
Classic GD/internet suicide thread.

One side: hey man, if you’re really thinking about hurting yourself, don’t do it. Get some help. Talk to someone.

Other side: -sees someone on a ledge- fucking attention whore.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 7:10:18 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By zaskar017:
Classic GD/internet suicide thread.

One side: hey man, if you’re really thinking about hurting yourself, don’t do it. Get some help. Talk to someone.

Other side: -sees someone on a ledge- fucking attention whore.
View Quote

Third side " I call dibs on your guns".
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 7:20:51 AM EDT
[#37]
She was living on a prayer.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 7:26:20 AM EDT
[#38]
I have no opinion on JBJ, I’ve never listened to his music or know anything about him.

I feel it’s good on him &/or his wife for talking the lady down, I hope she gets the help she needs, whether she was serious or just seeking attention.

Side note, as far as bridge count, the Royal Gorge bridge over the Arkansas river in CO has a very high count for not being in or around a big population center. They don’t publish when they have a jumper because they found that it just encourages more to jump. Once they stopped publishing jumpers, the copy cat jumpers decreased. At least that’s what I’ve been told by Royal Gorge employees and river rafting guides. For 12-15 yrs I white water rafted thru the Gorge several times each summer. I saw them recovering a body a few times. I haven’t been there in 15 years.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 7:32:46 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By OUSooner:
She was living on a prayer.
View Quote

Especially with the Union being on strike. It’s tough… so tough.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 7:45:18 AM EDT
[#40]
good job.

WWYD?
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 7:45:30 AM EDT
[#41]
Is that bridge high enough to kill you from jumping?
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 7:51:11 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 7:53:27 AM EDT
[#43]
He gives love

A bad name.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 7:57:57 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By benbob:

View Quote

He is clearly playing fast and loose with the English language. Statistically speaking, you couldn’t possibly rock every face you’ve seen, especially if we’re talking about numbers like that. It makes me wonder which of his other claims are grossly exaggerated.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 8:03:30 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By sh768:

He is clearly playing fast and loose with the English language. Statistically speaking, you couldn’t possibly rock every face you’ve seen, especially if we’re talking about numbers like that. It makes me wonder which of his other claims are grossly exaggerated.
View Quote

Lol found the Facebook fact checker.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 8:03:51 AM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

When I was a boy I watched my dad hop out of our truck and grab a guy climbing a fence to jump off a bridge. Dad grabbed him by the belt as the guy was going over the top, already rolling over the other side. Suicidal guy was riding shotgun with a friend and said, "pull over I'm gonna be sick." Dad saw what was happening and acted instantly.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 8:21:49 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By noob5000000:
Woman: *puts one foot on railing*
Bon Jovi: "Who-oooa, we're halfway there!"

But seriously, I'm glad she decided not to go through with it.
View Quote

“It’s my life, and it’s now or never, I don’t wanna live forever…”
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 8:23:27 AM EDT
[#48]
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 8:31:47 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 8:33:32 AM EDT
[#50]
That moves him up a notch in my book. Puts him at 1.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top