Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 7:54:56 AM EDT
[#1]
If I didn't know better, I'd start thinking the Constitution is a dead document!
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 8:01:15 AM EDT
[#2]
GoTtA gEt ThEm DoPeRz!!!!!

Once again, that "War on Drugs" exception to the 4th Amendment applies....

The War on Drugs should be ended because it has become a War On The Bill of Rights.
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 8:03:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Whatever the perp gets as a sentence...give it to every cop who decided they didn’t need a warrant.
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 8:40:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

"All agree: the DEA entry team entered Huskisson's house unlawfully" One should stop right there and ask the question why have the DEA agents that did this unlawful act not been charged? The answer is clear, government people are above the law.
View Quote
The King's men are unrestrained.  What could possibly go wrong?
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 8:44:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Everyone went homw safe and the meth was off the street.

Good bust!
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 8:47:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Its okay they planned to get a warrant though
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 8:48:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Imminent discovery requires a pretty significant amount of justification.
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 8:55:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Laws no longer matter.

We're in a post-Constutional period now.

We're essentially at the point where Wiley-E-Coyote has run off the cliff, is hanging in mid-air, and is holding the "help" sign, right before he plummets into the abyss.

Laws that violate the 2nd are willingly enforced daily. Judges and presidents and senators thinking they can ban shit willy-nilly... and not only does NOTHING happen to them, they fucking get re-elected.

I know right from wrong. I also understand the Constitution and what the FF meant by it. I follow the laws i agree with, and ignore those i don't.

Im about to commit multiple breaches of the law when i step off this morning, like i do every morning.

Eat a dick: illegal laws, those that create said laws, those that enforce them, and those that abide by them.

You're not American. Get the fuck out of my country.
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 8:55:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
We are either a land of laws or we are not. Which is it?
View Quote
That just depends on who you are.
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 8:56:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Re-read it.  The excerpt posted said the govt had a lot of probable cause......  Im just saying I’d like to know the full story.
View Quote
If they had probable cause why not get a warrant?

The full story is the police acted illegally and are rewarded for it. This is where police should be sent to jail.
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 9:00:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If I didn't know better, I'd start thinking the Constitution is a dead document!
View Quote
Hell, we've been living in a post Constitutional America for a very long, long time.
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 9:08:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It says they saw drugs in his kitchen which makes me think it’s in plain view.  Maybe they saw it from outside a window and worried that he would destroy the evidence before a warrant could be obtained.  You are completely right, there are lots of what ifs.  I’d like to know the full story before developing an opinion. Otherwise I’d be just like the “my baby didn’t do nuffin” mommas that we all think are retarded.
View Quote
Constitution still applies even if the evidence gets snorted while they watch.
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 9:15:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Our judicial system has become a joke.  Time for an overhaul.  Judges need to be held accountable for their opinions and activism.
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 9:17:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Is there a reason we’re only getting bits and pieces of the story instead of a link with all/most of the facts?
View Quote
I heard it was because the OP was drinking.

PDF of court decision: https://tinylink.net/ibwnB

Justia Opinion Summary

"Arrested on drug conspiracy charges, Hardy led DEA agents to his drugs and guns and provided information that Hardy purchased methamphetamine from Huskisson six times over the preceding five months, for $8,000 per pound, at Huskisson’s house and at his car lot. Huskisson had stated that Huskisson’s source expected a shipment of methamphetamine the next day. Hardy called Huskisson. Agents recorded that conversation. Huskisson agreed to deliver 10-12 pounds of methamphetamine. The next day, the two agreed during additional recorded calls that the deal was to occur at Huskisson’s home that night. Agent Cline followed Hardy to Huskisson’s house; watched Hardy enter, with an entry team on standby; and saw a car pull into the driveway. Two men exited the car with a cooler and entered the house. Minutes later, Hardy walked outside and gave a prearranged signal to indicate he had seen methamphetamine in the house. No search warrant had yet been issued.

The entry team entered the house and arrested Huskisson, who refused to consent to a search of his residence, and the other men. Officers saw in plain sight an open cooler with 10 saran-wrapped packages of a substance which field tested positive for methamphetamine. DEA agents then filed the warrant application, which stated: “The law enforcement officers observed an open cooler with ten saran wrapped packages that contained suspected methamphetamine. The suspected methamphetamine later field tested positive for the presence of methamphetamine.” The warrant issued four hours after the initial entry. The Seventh Circuit upheld denial of a motion to suppress. The entry was unlawful. Ordinarily, the evidence would be excluded but because the government had so much other evidence of probable cause, and had already planned to apply for a warrant, the evidence is admissible. Though the government should not profit from its bad behavior, neither should it be placed in a worse position."

https://law.justia.com/cases/federal/appellate-courts/ca7/18-1335/18-1335-2019-06-05.html
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 9:17:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Machiavelli Shrugged
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 9:19:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I knew the 4th was dead, but they're raping its corpse on the dining room table now.
View Quote
PERFECTLY stated.
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 9:19:56 AM EDT
[#17]
If you are the government, laws are only suggestions.
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 9:23:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Different rules for the Kings men.
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 9:24:48 AM EDT
[#19]
"The government concedes its illegal entry."
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 9:27:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Makes no difference. Had he shot a cop in an illegal raid he would be hung for it and the entirety of GD would be calling for his head.
View Quote
Not the entirety
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 9:28:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Did somebody say 'impeachment'?
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 9:29:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Not the entirety
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 9:31:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Laws no longer matter.

We're essentially at the point where Wiley-E-Coyote has run off the cliff, is hanging in mid-air, and is holding the "help" sign, right before he plummets into the abyss.

Laws that violate the 2nd are willingly enforced daily. Judges and presidents and senators thinking they can ban shit willy-nilly... and not only does NOTHING happen to them, they fucking get re-elected.

I know right from wrong. I also understand the Constitution and what the FF meant by it. I follow the laws i agree with, and ignore those i don't.

Im about to commit multiple breaches of the law when i step off this morning, like i do every morning.

Eat a dick: illegal laws, those that create said laws, those that enforce them, and those that abide by them.

View Quote
Agree with this 1000%. The laws are a farce and are whatever they want them to be or not be.

Witness the sanctuary city bullshit. Same deal.
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 9:34:57 AM EDT
[#24]
I already planned to buy a legal full auto but made this one first. Is that okay judge?
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 9:56:05 AM EDT
[#25]
yeah, thats some REAL WTF, right there.
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 10:00:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
lol
View Quote
It’s God damned hilarious.  
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 10:01:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Here's the ruling:

Link

The court basically said "Yeah they entered illegally, and several hours later they wrote up a search warrant that included the fact that they found a lot of meth.  But since the judge probably would have approved that search warrant if they left out the part about already finding meth before they wrote it, it's admissible evidence.  Also, we realize the cop said during cross examination that they wouldn't have even applied for the warrant if they hadn't found the drugs, which would definitely make the evidence inadmissible, but he first told the prosecutor they would have applied for the warrant either way.  Since the lower court decided to ignore the conflicting testimony and go with his first statement, we'll go with that too.  It's our duty to not put cops in a bad position."
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 10:04:17 AM EDT
[#28]
I'd say this is banana republic behavior......but at least banana republics are more open about it.....
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 10:11:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I agree.  Depending on how fast the detective can type and how good their go-by is (and if the judge is awake) it should've taken about two hours from start to finish.
View Quote
This was a two day operation.  They had their snitch call the guy to arrange a drug buy the day before this happened, then sat with the snitch overnight and all day the next day before going to the house that evening.
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 10:14:36 AM EDT
[#30]
We need to raid the house to see if we need a warrant.

We need to pass the bill to find out what’s in it.

The Federal Gov is a complete fraud.

DNC = America’s Mob
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 10:19:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Laws no longer matter.

View Quote
Yup. "Land of the free" is becoming more of a catch phrase to sell bumper stickers than an actual reality
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 10:22:27 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
We need to raid the house to see if we need a warrant.

We need to pass the bill to find out what’s in it.

The Federal Gov is a complete fraud.

DNC = America’s Mob
View Quote
For what it's worth, two of the three judges that made this unanimous ruling were Trump appointees.
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 10:28:05 AM EDT
[#33]
That's a big nope for me dog.

You either obey the law or don't.

When you don't you don't get to profit from breaking the law.

Judge is wrong and needs to be hung.

He's the absolute worst kind of government functionary, one that will fuck you so the government wins, even when it's wrong.

That judge is shitting on all of us.

I hope he gets cancer and it hurts  a lot till he dies.
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 10:33:16 AM EDT
[#34]
"Though the government should not profit from its bad behavior, neither should it be placed in a worse position."
View Quote
Did SCOTUS overturn its exclusionary rule holding while I was washing my hair?

The exclusionary rule acknowledges that the only way to get the government to behave and to obey the law is to put it in a worse position.

This holding reduces the 4A to "that's close enough for government work."
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 10:35:56 AM EDT
[#35]
It's okay guys, next time they will totally get a warrant first. Pinky promise.
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 10:41:11 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

The exclusionary rule acknowledges that the only way to get the government to behave and to obey the law is to put it in a worse position.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
"Though the government should not profit from its bad behavior, neither should it be placed in a worse position."

Look on the bright side.  At least none of these agents will be held criminally liable for their illegal actions either.  
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 10:41:42 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
A raid without a warrant is called home invasion.
View Quote
Respond accordingly.
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 10:43:37 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Laws no longer matter.

View Quote
So, you are just like the DEA!
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 10:44:24 AM EDT
[#39]
So now "planning" on getting a warrant is the same thing as getting one.
What a wonderful time we live in these days.
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 10:45:13 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
So now "planning" on getting a warrant is the same thing as getting one.
What a wonderful time we live in these days.
View Quote
Think of it as a preemptive rubber stamp.  
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 10:46:43 AM EDT
[#41]
Hoist the black flag.
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 10:48:53 AM EDT
[#42]
The most dangerous phrase in America today:  "It's for the Greater Good."

DUI Checkpoints
Eminent Domain that benefits private interests.
The Patriot Act
Asset Forfeiture
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 10:54:04 AM EDT
[#43]
GFYS Judge!
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 10:57:17 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 11:00:19 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
A team of DEA agents raided a house hours before they applied for a search warrant. 7th Cir.: "We do not condone this illegal behavior by law enforcement," but the agents did get a warrant after the search, so no need to suppress the evidence they found inside the house.
View Quote
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D8VFWuSVUAENdzL.png

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D8VGi_jUEAAibMU.png

https://i.imgur.com/eDdEDiU.png
View Quote
I have to read the case, but that sounds pretty fucked up.
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 11:03:40 AM EDT
[#46]
It would be better if we had laws and followed them I suppose but in certain cases you don't have to.

All depending upon who you are and what the end results are.

On the other hand if I lived in that neighborhood I'd be breathing a sigh of relief right now.

But since I don't I am nearly outraged.
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 11:11:44 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
So I can have NFA items now, as long as I plan to submit the paperwork later?
View Quote
Only if those tax stamp applications would have been approved.

Be sensible.
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 11:13:13 AM EDT
[#48]
Is this some kind of fucking joke!!??
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 11:17:59 AM EDT
[#49]
This one also comes to mind.....

Steppenwolf - Monster (lyric Video)
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 11:19:10 AM EDT
[#50]
I have a million dollars in my checking account.

I rob the bank.

I get caught.

But I was planning on withdrawing the money legally, but I got caught first.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top