Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 4:59:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Never_A_Wick:

An objective fact is not assertion that fuckery was afoot because there’s no video evidence.

I don’t see a whole lot of objectivity overall in your posts on this subject.  All we have to do is look at your first, emotional post in the thread to figure that out.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

I'm hung up on wanting and using objective facts?

I'm okay with that.

An objective fact is not assertion that fuckery was afoot because there’s no video evidence.

I don’t see a whole lot of objectivity overall in your posts on this subject.  All we have to do is look at your first, emotional post in the thread to figure that out.

I didn't mean to imply that not having video of high risk warrants was evidence of anything more than police officers not wanting objective evidence of their actions.

But since the quote chain in particular you chose to make this observation on was about the pay of the officers on LMPD I'm not sure how this relates.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 5:03:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By buck19delta:
Best I can tell, she was kind of sketchy herself and enjoyed hanging around criminals and got herself killed via those bad decisions.
View Quote

You mean the woman that was fired for stealing drugs, had a dead body in her car and was dating a drug dealer wasn’t a paragon of civic responsibility? All of these new revelations are quite shocking!
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 5:11:07 PM EDT
[#3]

That's an opinion.
View Quote

Perhaps and yet far more based in reality than the BS you spout off in every cop threat.  Only difference is people have given up on trying to correct you, your comprehension is beyond fixing.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 5:15:54 PM EDT
[#4]

How long was it between the knock and the breach?
View Quote

Nobody knows for sure.

But the fact is, it was long enough for both of the people inside to get up, get armed and get into the hallways to start shooting when the cops came in.

A no knock warrant would never have even been newsworthy because it would have prevented the entire thing, and both criminals would have simply been arrested and nobody would have heard anything.

But what did the department do in responsive to this?  They banned he only thing that would have saved her, so now the department can have more shootouts in the future.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 5:18:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By 9mmprn:
Whether they did wrong or not, outside of possibly certain undercover work a camera on a cop should be mandatory for an arrest of any kind.    

Also,  qualified immunity needs to end.
View Quote

You think they should get absolute immunity?

Or just be on the hook for anything that goes sideways when doing their jobs correctly?
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 5:19:16 PM EDT
[#6]
And, it won't stop this:  12 Million to her family.

And, it won't stop this: 2 Million to the boyfriend.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 5:25:33 PM EDT
[#7]

I didn't mean to imply that not having video of high risk warrants was evidence of anything more than police officers not wanting objective evidence of their actions.

But since the quote chain in particular you chose to make this observation on was about the pay of the officers on LMPD I'm not sure how this relates.
View Quote

LOL.

It relates because you claim “I’m being objective” and you are far, far from anything but.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 5:34:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By mclark202:

Or just be on the hook for anything that goes sideways when doing their jobs correctly?
View All Quotes
Whether they did wrong or not, outside of possibly certain undercover work a camera on a cop should be mandatory for an arrest of any kind.    

I can be sued for doing my job or anything else correctly. Cops should be able to be sued too. I have no problem with them being able to sue for legal fees.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 5:38:02 PM EDT
[#9]

LOL.

It relates because you claim “I’m being objective” and you are far, far from anything but.
View All Quotes

LOL.

I didn't claim to be objective.  I said I want and desire to use objective facts.

It's amazing how you would twist the facts when it's quite easy for anyone to see what actually happened.  Now do you see why we should all have a healthy distrust of wanting to take someone's word on a matter when the ability to record it has existed for decades?
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 5:47:06 PM EDT
[#10]

I didn't claim to be objective.  I said I want and desire to use objective facts.

It's amazing how you would twist the facts when it's quite easy for anyone to see what actually happened.  Now do you see why we should all have a healthy distrust of wanting to take someone's word on a matter when the ability to record it has existed for decades?
View Quote

I’ve not twisted any facts. You must be confusing me with someone else.

Your goal is clear from your first post.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 6:23:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Piece of shit drug dealer died doing piece of shit drug dealer things.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 6:47:22 PM EDT
[#12]

View All Quotes

I'm sorry.  I must have confused you with the person that said:

When I never made such a claim.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 6:56:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By NCPatrolAR:

When local government pays out a settlement they will always say something along the lines of "this doesnt mean the situation was right or wrong". They will make a payout if they think that a civil trial will result in a bigger financial hit than paying the people off.  If you saw more agencies fight the cases in court you'd probably see fewer settlements being made.
View Quote

I’ve always thought if they would litigate more of these suits it would cost more initially, but less over time.

Making a quick settlement, and often dropping charges doesn’t mean anything done was wrong. It’s often simply a purely financial decision made based on risk. You can never know what will happen if the case goes to a jury so they settle.

Unfortunately for the mostly uninformed masses that means the cops are in the wrong because it would never happen otherwise.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 7:45:08 PM EDT
[#14]

Since there is no objective evidence of what they were wearing, what they said, and the timelines; why are you so confident in your statements other than tribilism?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FedDC:
Originally Posted By Imzadi:
Originally Posted By Danted:
Boyfriend who was in the apartment was not on the warrant. Also had a legal pistol so no previous arrest issues.
This guy had 0 reason to think it was police kicking in his door.

Aside from the police in overt armor that says police…and them identifying themselves as Police…and there being a marked Police car out front with a clearly uniformed officer…

Let's go to the video and see if he had time to observe and process all of that.

Assuming you are being facetious.  There is no video of the warrant service as the officers were not issued body cameras or similar.  

The only real video is from the SWAT element that responds later and a few car cameras from responding units that were trying to evac the wounded officer.  

The med response was also a fiasco but nobody cares.

Since there is no objective evidence of what they were wearing, what they said, and the timelines; why are you so confident in your statements other than tribilism?

There is video and photos from responding officers dash cams.  You can google it. Better, you can go listen to the podcast or read the book.  There is zero evidence that they failed to knock, wait, and were clearly Police.  

There is no evidence that their attire had anything to do with it.  The suspect admitted he fired blindly towards noise.  

Link Posted: 8/25/2024 7:50:34 PM EDT
[#15]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiAWLBMR1ic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt6cw3VQqvk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80-xoo34Arc

You can listen to how it went from the officer that was shot.  Keep in mind, he did these after being fired, charged, and against the advice of counsel.  He literally got hung out to dry while in the hospital…and DGAF.  He is telling exactly what went down.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 8:41:21 PM EDT
[#16]

There is video and photos from responding officers dash cams.  You can google it. Better, you can go listen to the podcast or read the book.  There is zero evidence that they failed to knock, wait, and were clearly Police.  

There is no evidence that their attire had anything to do with it.  The suspect admitted he fired blindly towards noise.  

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Imzadi:
Originally Posted By Danted:
Boyfriend who was in the apartment was not on the warrant. Also had a legal pistol so no previous arrest issues.
This guy had 0 reason to think it was police kicking in his door.

Aside from the police in overt armor that says police…and them identifying themselves as Police…and there being a marked Police car out front with a clearly uniformed officer…

Let's go to the video and see if he had time to observe and process all of that.

Assuming you are being facetious.  There is no video of the warrant service as the officers were not issued body cameras or similar.  

The only real video is from the SWAT element that responds later and a few car cameras from responding units that were trying to evac the wounded officer.  

The med response was also a fiasco but nobody cares.

Why do you mention the responding officers’ video as though it has some relevance to the question?
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 8:42:09 PM EDT
[#17]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiAWLBMR1ic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt6cw3VQqvk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80-xoo34Arc

You can listen to how it went from the officer that was shot.  Keep in mind, he did these after being fired, charged, and against the advice of counsel.  He literally got hung out to dry while in the hospital…and DGAF.  He is telling exactly what went down.
View Quote

Now do the story of the officers that swore out the warrant and have already plead guilty.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 9:37:13 PM EDT
[#18]
It’s covered in the podcast.  

BLUF- you can’t fight the state when they truly decide to crucify you.  Unlimited budgets, jury from the “community “ and you are fired, confined, and facing life in prison….you plea it out.  

Link Posted: 8/25/2024 9:39:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Never_A_Wick] [#19]

View Quote

You implied it.

You’d look better and have more credibility if you just said “I care about the objective facts that make the cops look like shit.”
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 12:03:44 AM EDT
[#20]

BLUF- you can’t fight the state when they truly decide to crucify you.  Unlimited budgets, jury from the “community “ and you are fired, confined, and facing life in prison….you plea it out.  
View Quote

Their guilty plea where they told the judge that they did the crime was a lie?

Also, your post should cause introspection to someone in the same job series as the folks that leverage the same thing on a regular basis.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 12:05:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SmilingBandit] [#21]

You implied it.

You’d look better and have more credibility if you just said “I care about the objective facts that make the cops look like shit.”
View All Quotes

You implied it.

You may have inferred it, but the implication was not intended.

How about you quit making up quotes and attributing them to people?  It's deceitful.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 12:10:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JaredC1] [#22]

Suspicion of keeping narcotics and/or drug money in the house, I think.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By m200maker:
Anyone remember what the warrant was for in the first place?

Suspicion of keeping narcotics and/or drug money in the house, I think.

Which shouldn’t even be enough to kick through someone’s door in the middle of the night.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 1:36:48 PM EDT
[#23]

Also, your post should cause introspection to someone in the same job series as the folks that leverage the same thing on a regular basis.
View All Quotes

If you had any experience in the area you seem to want to believe you are an expert in, you would know that people plead guilty to crimes they did not commit on a regular basis.  

The most recent cost estimate from my liability insurance company was that a federal trial was going to cost between 1.5-3 million dollars and take 2-3 years to complete.  

Do you have 3 million dollars and 3 years to go without income?  If not...you plead it out.  Money is how lawfare is won when putting normal people into the system.  For rich people it is won in jury selection and where the trial happens.  

Link Posted: 8/26/2024 1:43:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SmilingBandit] [#24]

If you had any experience in the area you seem to want to believe you are an expert in, you would know that people plead guilty to crimes they did not commit on a regular basis.  

The most recent cost estimate from my liability insurance company was that a federal trial was going to cost between 1.5-3 million dollars and take 2-3 years to complete.  

Do you have 3 million dollars and 3 years to go without income?  If not...you plead it out.  Money is how lawfare is won when putting normal people into the system.  For rich people it is won in jury selection and where the trial happens.  
View All Quotes

How many people have you arrested that agreed to plea deals?

Also, am I wrong?  Did or did not these officers choose to admit their crimes to the judge in court?
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 3:51:24 PM EDT
[#25]

Also, am I wrong?  Did or did not these officers choose to admit their crimes to the judge in court?
View All Quotes

Virtually every criminal case I worked ended in a plea deal.  I went to trial maybe 4-5 times...and all were found guilty but 1.  He was guilty...the female juror just said that she didn't feel like he could do what he was accused of because of how he looked/smiled.  

A plea is like admitting something with a gun to your head.  Its never 100% true.  

Link Posted: 8/26/2024 6:41:55 PM EDT
[#26]

Virtually every criminal case I worked ended in a plea deal.  I went to trial maybe 4-5 times...and all were found guilty but 1.  He was guilty...the female juror just said that she didn't feel like he could do what he was accused of because of how he looked/smiled.  

A plea is like admitting something with a gun to your head.  Its never 100% true.  

View All Quotes

What percentage had a plea deal for a lesser charge than what they probably did?  90+% I’ll bet.

It sounds like you’re trying to make the case that federal prisons are full of innocents due to malicious prosecution… an assertion that even the most liberal of federal defenders will laugh and roll their eyes at after a few years of doing the job.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 6:51:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By TxRabbitBane:

What percentage had a plea deal for a lesser charge than what they probably did?  90+% I’ll bet.

It sounds like you’re trying to make the case that federal prisons are full of innocents due to malicious prosecution… an assertion that even the most liberal of federal defenders will laugh and roll their eyes at after a few years of doing the job.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/26/2024 6:52:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By ServusVeritatis:

This right here folks is the result of media propaganda. Even guys on this site believe this.

It has been admitted this was a fake news campaign for BLM & false claims by media.

1) The “No knock” warrant had been announced at the door as police and they knocked. A neighbor lied and said they didn’t, then admitted he heard them announce themselves later.

2) The address was correct, her former boyfriend was the target and had been dealing drugs with evidence on his phone when recovered. A man was also found murdered in a car rented by Breona Taylor. Hoover had given taylor’s address as his in the past.

3) First shots were fired and struck officers with Taylor and her Boyfriend together in the hallway. Officers returned fire in the direction of the shooter/perceived shooter. One officer did a “suppressing fire” in direction of the shooter and was charged for it.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CashOnlyLargeBills:
What are the ramifications for self defense/using deadly force in your home now?

Didn’t  the KY cops go to the wrong house. No-knock warrant.  The boyfriend went into self protection mode, and Brianna was killed?

Am I thinking of a different case?

This right here folks is the result of media propaganda. Even guys on this site believe this.

It has been admitted this was a fake news campaign for BLM & false claims by media.

1) The “No knock” warrant had been announced at the door as police and they knocked. A neighbor lied and said they didn’t, then admitted he heard them announce themselves later.

2) The address was correct, her former boyfriend was the target and had been dealing drugs with evidence on his phone when recovered. A man was also found murdered in a car rented by Breona Taylor. Hoover had given taylor’s address as his in the past.

3) First shots were fired and struck officers with Taylor and her Boyfriend together in the hallway. Officers returned fire in the direction of the shooter/perceived shooter. One officer did a “suppressing fire” in direction of the shooter and was charged for it.

IIRC for item 1, the warrant was issued as no knock, but they chose to knock and announce.  Hence why it lives on, as the paper trail shows it as no knock.

For 3, the bullet went through a wall into a neighbor apartment, which is why the officer was charged.  Frankly, I can see a private citizen being charged under similar circumstances during a self defense shooting.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 6:52:06 PM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes

Yeah, I was hoping he'd make the connection himself.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 6:53:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By ras_al_ghul:

IIRC for item 1, the warrant was issued as no knock, but they chose to knock and announce.  Hence why it lives on, as the paper trail shows it as no knock.

For 3, the bullet went through a wall into a neighbor apartment, which is why the officer was charged.  Frankly, I can see a private citizen being charged under similar circumstances during a self defense shooting.
View Quote

How long was it between the knock and the breach?
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 6:55:54 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

Those two paragraphs put together are very interesting.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 8:58:48 PM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes

Here’s an example…an officer had a major political falling out with management over promotions and assignments alleging nepotism.  

He had a side job as a firearms instructor.  

He was assaulted on the job and injured his back, went to the hospital, and took PTO.  The injury was documented via scans.

That same command staff arrested him and his wife, alleging he was committing fraud by claiming to be injured but still working his side job.  His wife managed his side gigs books.

They offered a plea deal basically saying that if he doesn’t plead to a misdemeanor…they will lock up his wife as an accessory and CPS will take his kids into foster care…for years…as the trial is low priority and both him and his wife will be indicted on felony charges, fines that will seize their house, etc.  

He took the plea deal and served a month or three.  

That’s how plea deals work.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 9:17:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TxRabbitBane] [#33]

Here’s an example…an officer had a major political falling out with management over promotions and assignments alleging nepotism.  

He was assaulted on the job and injured his back, went to the hospital, and took PTO.  The injury was documented via scans.

That same command staff arrested him and his wife, alleging he was committing fraud by claiming to be injured but still working his side job.  His wife managed his side gigs books.

They offered a plea deal basically saying that if he doesn’t plead to a misdemeanor…they will lock up his wife as an accessory and CPS will take his kids into foster care…for years…as the trial is low priority and both him and his wife will be indicted on felony charges, fines that will seize their house, etc.  

View All Quotes

I get to hear about plea deals all the time.

You’re still mischaracterizing the vast majority of plea deals in an attempt to give the idea that jails are full of innocent people… why?

Are you implying that Taylor wasn’t a drug dealer and gangsta wannabe?
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 9:21:09 PM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes

And you had/have no problem being part of this system?
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 9:29:38 PM EDT
[#35]

You’re still mischaracterizing the vast majority of plea deals in an attempt to give the idea that jails are full of innocent people… why?

View All Quotes

Taylor was neck deep in the drug trade.  

The plea in question is the one taken by the officer.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 9:32:21 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

Gabe Suarez?
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 9:32:32 PM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes

I retired…and I have major problems with the criminal justice system as a whole.  It wasn’t generally like that where I worked.  It changed over time into something very different than what it was.  Kind of like leadership and accountability in the Air Force…there’s what it was supposed to be…and what it became.  

Link Posted: 8/26/2024 10:25:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By UV18:

Contracts are typically 2k a year for the basic cam, then you add accessories, data storage, and access licensing. Should be about 2800 per unit. Add car or second cam and it is more.

I was ran through their budget and page to see how many employees they have.
View Quote

IIRC the city paid out $18,000,000 in settlements for this one case.  How many body cams would that have bought?
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 10:33:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By MikeJGA:

IIRC the city paid out $18,000,000 in settlements for this one case.  How many body cams would that have bought?
View Quote

And there is no guarantee that BWCs would have stopped that amount from having to be paid.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:36:35 AM EDT
[#40]
It seems that the parties on both sides of the door are criminals and or corrupt. The only losers are the taxpayers, the players appear to get what they deserve. The taxpayers get the shaft
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 1:15:50 AM EDT
[#41]
No-Knock warrants are fucking bullshit. Announce yourselves and come with sufficient backup.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 1:26:48 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By ClayHollisterTT:

That right there is a huge problem.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ClayHollisterTT:
Has the video of the raid showing the knock and announce been released?

No cameras required or used by Lousiville PD during the raid.

That right there is a huge problem.

The police: "Ha-ha, all that body cameras ever do is exonerate us from bullshit made-up lies!"

Also the police: "When we don't use or turn off our cameras, or delete or 'lose' the video, you just have to trust us, peasants."
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 4:44:42 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By NCPatrolAR:

And there is no guarantee that BWCs would have stopped that amount from having to be paid.
View Quote

Honestly it could have been more had it actually went to trial.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 8:18:59 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Lexustech48:
No-Knock warrants are fucking bullshit. Announce yourselves and come with sufficient backup.
View Quote

Announce yourself...with sufficient time for residents to awaken, recognize that it's the police, and come to the door.  Knocking then breaking the door down a couple seconds afterwards is functionally the same.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 8:23:11 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Stoic:
And, it won't stop this:  12 Million to her family.

And, it won't stop this: 2 Million to the boyfriend.
View Quote

So in the end, she was a good provider?
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 8:43:23 AM EDT
[#46]

LOL.

View Quote

Really nothing new.  

In a 4 page thread, he's got 37 responses

I rarely see anything "objective" from him, can't recall the last time I saw him post something outside of LE related threads, but it definitely explains how one can get to 108k posts.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 8:45:54 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Marksman14:

Really nothing new.  

I rarely see anything "objective" from him, can't recall the last time I saw him post something outside of LE related threads, but it definitely explains how one can get to 108k posts.
View All Quotes

LOL.

Really nothing new.  

Thanks for putting in the effort to count.  It's good to know I'm that important in your life.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 8:48:54 AM EDT
[#48]

Thanks for putting in the effort to count.  It's good to know I'm that important in your life.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/27/2024 8:53:14 AM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

I was going to add that in as a PS, but I didn't.  Too late now.

Link Posted: 8/27/2024 10:12:56 AM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes

More simply put, I think there needs to be 100% accountability for their actions just like the rest of us.  You fuck up and you own it.  

Way too many times tax payers have paid for LEO misdeeds and lack of knowledge of the law and what their jobs are.  They should be just as fireable and just as jailable as anyone does.  
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top