Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 7:50:52 AM EDT
[#1]
OP is the hero we have been waiting for.
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 8:06:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Really can’t believe some of the bullshit I see in this forum sometimes. The Tesla Plaid does 0 to 60 in right at two seconds and you’re all telling me you have cars that can beat that?

Link Posted: 5/30/2022 8:07:16 AM EDT
[#3]
This threads a joke right?

You sure it was not just a parked car and your high as shit?
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 8:18:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Praise Dale and Raise Hell.
View Quote

I saw a few of those shirts last night at the race.

Link Posted: 5/30/2022 8:22:53 AM EDT
[#5]
I find that hard to believe. I watched a Tesla Plaid smoke a McLaren at the track.
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 8:27:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Really can’t believe some of the bullshit I see in this forum sometimes. The Tesla Plaid does 0 to 60 in right at two seconds and you’re all telling me you have cars that can beat that?

View Quote

I’m guessing you have never driven a vehicle with the 2.3 duratec.
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 8:29:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Let's fill in the blanks.

At no point, would your 2.3 duratec be anywhere in front of a Plaid if the Plaid driver had sufficient battery and was actually trying to race you while starting at the same time as you.

A Plaid has a 1.7 sec 60 foot time. Your little suv would take 1.7 sec for the rear bumper to get to the starting line.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bullshit

You calling me a liar bro?

You wanna throw down?
Let's fill in the blanks.

At no point, would your 2.3 duratec be anywhere in front of a Plaid if the Plaid driver had sufficient battery and was actually trying to race you while starting at the same time as you.

A Plaid has a 1.7 sec 60 foot time. Your little suv would take 1.7 sec for the rear bumper to get to the starting line.

Eh it’s quite a bit quicker that 1.7. They are at least down in the lower 1.50’s. Model 3 Performance are in the 1.70’s and are nowhere near a Plaid. Shit my old trailblazer SS was cutting low 1.70’s with a converter and bolt ons. That was before I added 300+ hp to it.
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 11:40:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah you had your fun so you can stop trolling now.
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 11:49:34 AM EDT
[#9]
I see these cars on the interstate and of course they’re left lane camping (driving the speed limit too).

Those cars look like retarded dolphins. Sorry but they’re as hideous as a Pontiac Aztec.
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 12:10:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Eh it's quite a bit quicker that 1.7. They are at least down in the lower 1.50's. Model 3 Performance are in the 1.70's and are nowhere near a Plaid. Shit my old trailblazer SS was cutting low 1.70's with a converter and bolt ons. That was before I added 300+ hp to it.
View Quote
You are correct, I don't know why I had 1.7 on my brain, too early while slightly hungover.
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 12:18:26 PM EDT
[#11]
OP:

I could be wrong but I think the tesla has the high ground
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 2:07:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

The plaid is silly fast and electric will only
Get faster and better.  It will eventually obsolete ICE for performance applications.

….but it isn’t the king of the streets…yet.  Besides good old built drag cars, most of the high end tuner cars will put a plaid in its place. There are certainly folks here with those cars. Again, among my stable, I drive one often and have to arfcom real world stuff.

Link Posted: 5/30/2022 2:22:08 PM EDT
[#13]
My old 03 Mustang (modded to the gills) put down 750hp to the tires. I felt pretty good about myself driving it even though it scared me a bit on street tires. One day out cruising with a buddy in his mustang that was even faster than mine and we pull up to a gas station (the only thing his car couldn't pass) and in rolls a clapped out primered Integra replete with fart can, barbie wing, big tires up front and little tires in the back. He egged my buddy on so we lined up and did a run from a dig. Teggy left us like we were standing still. There's always going to be something faster and uglier. Tesla's and their ilk are going to be hard to beat in either respect for a while yet to come.
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 3:13:22 PM EDT
[#14]
“He’s not even racing you”
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 3:15:37 PM EDT
[#15]
There’s another thread here on auto painting you should bookmark for when the time comes.
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 5:05:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I hadn't street raced for 10 years when some little tard in a clapped out Eclipse tried to race my RX350 in the middle of nowhere Kansas during a road trip in the wee hours.

He got destroyed. And hazards. Felt good
View Quote

Always gotta throw the hazards on them.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 11:52:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

I haven't driven a Yugo or Trabant.  Doesn't mean i want to.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 11:55:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 12:01:09 AM EDT
[#19]

Where could one find more of these videos of ladies that smash bricks on their pussies?

I find it interesting.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 12:49:36 AM EDT
[#20]
I pull up to a stoplight in a Dodge Caravan with all 4 of my young kids.  Next to me is a Dodge Viper convertible.  I rev my engine and I don't know how but the viper hears me and responds.  I point to the light and he nods that the race is on. Kids are going bonkers "You go DAD!" I drop into neutral and get ready to dump the automatic transmission into a high revving 3.3L V6.  Light turns green, I shift into drive and take my 0-60 in 15 seconds caravan off the line my family in tow.

The Dodge Viper?  Dumps the clutch and stalls at the light.  We pull ahead and leave him in the dust. Kids are celebrating, wife is smiling.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 12:53:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Looser?
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 12:58:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Is...this...a...trailer...park...thing?
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 12:58:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Looser=your mom
Loser=your dad in the divorce

Please don't abuse the English language.
View Quote

I was hoping someone beat me to that before page 2. I was getting worried. And no I'm not being sarcastic.
Guess schools were (still are) too busy teaching "self identity" rather than grammar.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 1:13:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I pull up to a stoplight in a Dodge Caravan with all 4 of my young kids.  Next to me is a Dodge Viper convertible.  I rev my engine and I don't know how but the viper hears me and responds.  I point to the light and he nods that the race is on. Kids are going bonkers "You go DAD!" I drop into neutral and get ready to dump the automatic transmission into a high revving 3.3L V6.  Light turns green, I shift into drive and take my 0-60 in 15 seconds caravan off the line my family in tow.

The Dodge Viper?  Dumps the clutch and stalls at the light.  We pull ahead and leave him in the dust. Kids are celebrating, wife is smiling.
View Quote

This is what I thought of while I read this.

Better Off Dead (1985) - second race scene

Link Posted: 6/1/2022 6:45:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I find that hard to believe. I watched a Tesla Plaid smoke a McLaren at the track.
View Quote

It bullshit. My 125 KZ shifter is the only thing I've driven that equals the sheer acceleration force of a Plaid. Both are eyes-sunk-into-your-skull level force generating.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top