Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So... Keltec is on Russia's side?  
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 7:35:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
just a guess bit they probably need the MP5s elsewhere . Also may have a lot of 9mm ammo and not enough guns. They probably have captured plenty 7.62 as of late and need something different
View Quote

They'll be capturing 5.45.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 7:43:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I wouldn't buy one of those before this news, and I certainly won't ever buy one in the future.  Same with every other virtue signaler out there.  This quantity/quality of 'weapon' represents not even a pisshole in the snow and will probably lead to more casualties/deaths among the people yielding them, assuming they ever make it into the hands of any actual Ukrainian patriot fighting for their country.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 7:49:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I wouldn't buy one of those before this news, and I certainly won't ever buy one in the future.  Same with every other virtue signaler out there.  This quantity/quality of 'weapon' represents not even a pisshole in the snow and will probably lead to more casualties/deaths among the people yielding them, assuming they ever make it into the hands of any actual Ukrainian patriot fighting for their country.
View Quote

That’s nice,nobody told you that you had to buy one

This isn’t “virtue signaling”,these are gun that were going to go to a Ukrainian distributor for their civilian market. They are being donated instead.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 7:51:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
My Sub2000 is literally the LAST gun in my inventory I would trust in a life or death situation.  It's a great range toy and is mostly reliable but no way I would bet my life on it.
View Quote
I would. Not on the front lines, which I'm willing to wager isn't where these are going to end up. For support roles and civilians, it'd be a handy little carbine. Maybe subpar compared to all of it's competitors, but they don't have options necessarily, and while I think it's "bad" compared to everything else, I certainly don't think it's bad in it's own right. It does a lot for being a cheap, crude design.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 7:56:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I did firearms training for four years, rifle, pistol, shotgun. Guess how many keltecs showed up during that years? One, a ksg, that couldn't make it ten rounds.

Keltec = absolute garbage.

View Quote

So in 4 years you had one gun from a certain manufacture and you are basing the reputation off that sample size of one?
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 7:57:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 7:57:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 7:58:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Send your gen 1 to them, pay $150 and they send you a gen 2 in whatever color, mag style/size with your gen 1 serial number on it. I felt the same way until I did what I explained above. The gen 2 has been phenomenal. The gen 1 I could fire around 75 shots and it would just fail to extract or fire. This gen 2 I'm on a little over 400 rounds without a single failure. I just added a light and the M.I. flip to side rail and put a little TRS25 on it to have some cheap fun.
View Quote

Been meaning to do that for awhile.

My G1 is actually really dependable. It has a hiccup once in awhile, but rarely.  It just doesn't seem robust enough to hold up to the inevitable abuse that would take place in a combat scenario. Soft steel, cheap plastic, etc. Maybe the G2 is really a lot better...
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 8:05:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Been meaning to do that for awhile.

My G1 is actually really dependable. It has a hiccup once in awhile, but rarely.  It just doesn't seem robust enough to hold up to the inevitable abuse that would take place in a combat scenario. Soft steel, cheap plastic, etc. Maybe the G2 is really a lot better...
View Quote

I was pleasantly surprised with it, I'd say more durable than the gen 1. Plus they made some upgrades to the chamber/feed ramp. Not saying I'd use it as my first choice in combat, but it does serve me as a hiking and truck gun.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 8:29:54 PM EDT
[#12]
It’s the gun you use to get a better gun.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 8:37:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Breaking News:
A C130 cargo aircraft loaded with donated firearms for Ukraine crashed on landing in Poland. The crew was unharmed. The aircraft and cargo burned and is declared a total loss.
Reports state that the aircraft was fully loaded and possibly overweight.
A representative of US firearms manufacturer Hi Point Firearms estimates the loss to the company at $1000 USD.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 8:42:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Sub2000 .40 Glock mag MasterRace.
View Quote

Super reliable and discrete in my experience.

Good for Kel-tec!

For the one's bitching, how many pallets of rifles have you sent?
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 8:51:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I wonder what prompted Kel Tec to send them?
View Quote

Free "battle" experience without the need to win one of  the impossible govt/military contracts from a first world nation? Seems like a win-win for them.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 9:02:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Never had a problem with mine...and glock mags is aplus
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How reliable?

Never had a problem with mine...and glock mags is aplus
Same here. Mine has never malfunctioned, even suppressed and was sighted in straight from the factory.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 9:19:56 PM EDT
[#17]
I wouldn't want to use it as an offensive weapon but it's better than nothing in a last ditch defensive situation.

A RDB would be a better choice.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 9:27:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Meanwhile their stuff is vaporware here..
View Quote

I’d rather them have it right now.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 9:28:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Meanwhile their stuff is vaporware here..
View Quote
Plenty of them on Gunbroker.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 9:30:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
It's a Direct blowback metal pipe with plastic shit screwed onto it to make it look less like a taurus. It's probably the most reliable gun they make.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 9:31:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Noice!
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 9:31:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'll go out on a limb and say... these are fabulous weapons for partisans 'behind the lines' of the Russian invasion.

They're small, they're effective... and if you get caught in your house with one, it's not a 'military issue' weapon.

Think outside the box a little... don't give these to front line infantry, give them to that guy who's stayed behind at his house, calling in targets and intel.
View Quote
That'll definitely stop the invaders from confiscating it and killing them.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 9:32:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Think of the marketing angle.  Own a Keltec, our guns went to war against the Russians.  They will sell all they can make.  Won't matter if they work or not.
View Quote
Except they look like a fucking crutch. Aesthetics matter to private purchasers.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 9:33:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Lol, their factory is local to me and I won't buy one. I have friends from highschool that work there. Even they lol about the reliability of keltecs
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 9:34:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Isn't eastern Europe awash in AK's of some kind or another and Ukraine is able to give them out even to older female school teachers? Virtue signaling at it's finest.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 9:35:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Those are gonna be prison guns I'm guessing
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 9:38:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Think of the marketing angle.  Own a Keltec, our guns went to war against the Russians.  They will sell all they can make.  Won’t matter if they work or not.
View Quote

Honestly if I was a company around the size of keltec that would be a great idea.

If you can get your gun in pictures of war that will keep you selling that model for ever. Wait until the new call of duty or whatever video game uses it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 9:51:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Keltec is 10 miles from me; I own 2. P32 and PMR-30, both utterly reliable, though the PMR is a pain in the ass to load.

I've also owned a P11 that I gave my son, who shoots it regularly and a SUB-2K in .40 that I really like, but swapped it for a Hi-Point 10mm carbine that is also utterly reliable (mag capacity sux though).

As for KT donating the guns, good on'em. They ain't whiz-bang tactical, but they'll get the job done.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 9:58:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Someone tell Othias from C&R Arsenal.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 10:00:21 PM EDT
[#30]
beats the fuck out of a Liberator and still accomplishes the same thing.

simple, reliable, easy to use, cheap, guerilla anti insurgency as fuck, especially with a simple suppressor.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 10:13:42 PM EDT
[#31]
A gun that can folded in half and fits easily in a small pack would make an excellent resistance rifle. They should send 9mm subs and suppressors as well.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 10:52:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I didn’t think much of mine even as a range toy, but you’re right: this “carbine” makes even a poor old Sten gun look like a MP5.  No way I’d want to go to war with that Keltec in any role whatsoever.  
View Quote

You clearly don't know much about the history of the STEN or its magazines.  In Indian service, they converted em to 20 rnd single stack mags b/c they were so unreliable.

My SUB Gen 2 is my truck gun, shares mags w/ my 26.  Works fine w/ my Form 1 can.  Runs steel case out of a 40 rnd ETS mag.  It's as simple and easy to fix as any blowback AR-9, but folds in half and can be concealed in a jacket.

Sights are fine, it has an AR front post, or you can mount a red dot a half dozen different ways.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:14:50 PM EDT
[#33]
stop being distracted

democrats are evil

who are the democrats supporting

this is all you need to know

Link Posted: 3/19/2022 12:15:06 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Keltec is 10 miles from me; I own 2. P32 and PMR-30, both utterly reliable, though the PMR is a pain in the ass to load.

I've also owned a P11 that I gave my son, who shoots it regularly and a SUB-2K in .40 that I really like, but swapped it for a Hi-Point 10mm carbine that is also utterly reliable (mag capacity sux though).

As for KT donating the guns, good on'em. They ain't whiz-bang tactical, but they'll get the job done.
View Quote

You have a rimfire 22 caliber magazine fed semiautomatic that is “utterly reliable”?

I call BS regardless of manufacturer or model.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 12:18:55 AM EDT
[#35]
Seems like HiPoint could make a handful of cheap handguns and carbines to send over there. Cheap doesn't always mean junk, hipoints are pretty robust from what I've seen in torture testing. As long as it shoots a bullet they are can be deadly.  Kill a commie with a hipoint.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 12:42:55 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:  You have a rimfire 22 caliber magazine fed semiautomatic that is “utterly reliable”?

I call BS regardless of manufacturer or model.
View Quote

My CMR-30 was utterly reliable w/ .22 WMR as long as I fed it 40 grns.  I wanted to feed it 30 grns, and it did not like that, and the manual said the same thing.  Maybe I'll get another to fiddle w/ someday, neat little carbine, very handy.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 12:48:04 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I guess they're better than nothing for handing out to civvies, but assuming most of the Russian troops are wearing body armor?
View Quote
With the russians using basically radio shack walkie talkies for coms , I wouldn't bet on most having any decent armor
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 12:50:18 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 12:54:58 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 12:57:57 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Meh, most of the Kel-Tec haters probably haven't owned one, much shot one.

I've got a Sub2k in 9mm and .40. Both have had zero problems.
My CMR-30 or PMR-30 are problem free as well.

Did have to send my M&P 45 back to S&W for service after it failed to fire more than twice in a row.

View Quote
Both my P32s were garbage
My KSG worked pretty well after a short break in
My OG metal SUB2000 was a pretty nice rifle that worked great
Haven't had much experience with the newer plastic ones
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 1:15:24 AM EDT
[#41]
terrible for military applications, perfect for besieged civilians who need to do sneaky stuff and get AKs.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 1:22:26 AM EDT
[#42]
I have a first gen sub2000.  I haven't shot it that much but its never failed to go bang when I pulled the trigger.  Sure beats a pointy stick.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 7:55:14 AM EDT
[#43]
In before translation of Ukranian wielding keltec teabagging dead russian soldier chanting "Just as good"

Link Posted: 3/19/2022 8:18:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Meh, most of the Kel-Tec haters probably haven't owned one, much shot one.
View Quote

I owned a gen 2 Glock mag carbine and literally gave it away.  Prior to that my dad gave it to me because he didn't like it.

To me the construction quality doesn't match the intended purpose.  It's a stashable emergency weapon meant to be deployed when you most need it, however that thing is just about last on the list of guns I would trust my life to.

Good on Keltec for donating, but let's stop with the allusions that they are somehow quality firearms.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 8:24:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Piece is shit rifle
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 8:34:57 AM EDT
[#46]
I had one in college. After 9/11 i put it in my backpack sith my books and would take it to school with me in case of some crazy shit.

Was handy amd reliable.

Havent shot it in 15 years or more.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 8:41:10 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Those are gonna be prison guns I'm guessing
View Quote

Any gun is a prison gun is a prison gun if your brave enough.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 8:43:06 AM EDT
[#48]
The 2 Keltecs I owned went back to them as I had constant fail to feed and eject, even getting them back they didnt run well. Id hate to be a Ukrainian on the front line with one.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 8:52:15 AM EDT
[#49]
It would sure be nice for KEL-Tec to donate rifles to US citizen victims of illegal immigrant crimes.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 9:09:58 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
It would sure be nice for KEL-Tec to donate rifles to US citizen victims of illegal immigrant crimes.
View Quote

Well i'm angry that they aren't donating rifles to my favorite amazon smile charity and the local boys field hockey team.  

I'm going to go ahead and assume you donated rifles to the victims of illegal immigrant crimes before expecting others to.  That would go without saying, right?

I swear, nothing is ever good enough.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top