Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 2:36:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Ketamine isn't for everyone. But when we give it, we are told to have people think of daisies and unicorns. Don't be a dick a suggest there are dragons and snakes everywhere.

I usually chase it with Haldol. Helps with reimergence & better trips.

My Dad had it for a colonoscopy. Screwed him up for a week. He is a very analytical guy. He said that he could not confirm reality for a while and self isolated.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 2:37:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 2:37:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Commonwealth countries let paramedics administer ketamine.

You could consider their density primitive, so....

Kharn
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I thought that was a purely recreational drug?

No, it's pretty common in modern medicine and it's also being studied and used in the treatment of migraines (as mentioned), depression, anxiety, PTSD, etc. with overall very good results (sometimes in higher doses, often in subclinical doses).  See also LSD, psilocybin and even MDMA (ecstasy) which are also being studied in degenerative neurological diseases.  

Stupid autocorrect.

I believe that it's also used as an anesthetic in primitive conditions. I think I've heard that Special forces medics carry and use it.

From what little I know about it, it's a very interesting drug. Seems to pack a wallop.

Kharn

The US allows it. I just gave some a few days ago.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 2:37:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Kharn
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, it's pretty common in modern medicine and it's also being studied and used in the treatment of migraines (as mentioned), depression, anxiety, PTSD, etc. with overall very good results (sometimes in higher doses, often in subclinical doses).  See also LSD, psilocybin and even MDMA (ecstasy) which are also being studied in degenerative neurological diseases.  

Stupid autocorrect.

I believe that it's also used as an anesthetic in primitive conditions. I think I've heard that Special forces medics carry and use it.

From what little I know about it, it's a very interesting drug. Seems to pack a wallop.

Kharn

It's in most state EMS formularies; SC authorizes it for EMS use and I've had it on oil rigs depending on where I was.  It has it's uses.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 2:38:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I remember fairies, mushrooms and stuff. was all in high def.
View Quote

Type it out quick before you forget it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 2:38:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nope.  Commonly used in ER settings.  Works great on kids with broken bones, etc.

Useless trivia:  its effects are similar to PCP.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 2:40:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Isn't that a horse tranquilizer?
View Quote

Same thing my wife asked when the youngest needed stitches in her face.

Doc said, "Yes, but this is much stronger."
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 2:43:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I knew a guy whose girlfriend died from a Special K overdose.
View Quote

It's possible, but it's very rare- almost always related to polypharmacy (mixing drugs) and/or injecting it.  It can cause paralysis and then if the person vomits and aspirates it, well...
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 2:44:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Does it make you shit on the sidewalk, or are they using something else in SF?
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 2:50:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Good you had a good trip.

It's so variable with the disassociative state that midazolam or some other sedative has to be given with it to prevent agitative delirium as a precaution. Its good to know if they have any form of PTSD, stories from colleagues fighting people coming out of it.

Link Posted: 10/27/2021 2:52:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Does it make you shit on the sidewalk, or are they using something else in SF?
View Quote

Reality is a mirror of a conscious entities existence.

Those peoples heads are full of shit. So they make the environment around them as ugly as they can. All manner of drugs are used to facilitate this. If there was a drug that reliably made people do that, or cured them of those habits...
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 2:53:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Stupid autocorrect.
View Quote

I'm a believer in psychedelics for working through certain things.   Tends to suspend preconceived ideas and present a different perspective.  

There's a bunch of interesting science stuff on the mechanics of it that would be impossible to decipher while tripping balls.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 2:55:16 PM EDT
[#13]

If you want to zoom through the cosmos in your magic underpants you probably have to turn to DMT or Mormons.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 3:02:01 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm gonna need to confirm. Let me get you my shipping address.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 3:02:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

In the same way that ivermectin is horse paste.  It is commonly used for sedation and pain management in humans.
View Quote

And in some cases they are testing/using it for depression treatment.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 3:05:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 3:25:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Life is a rave, if you’re brave enough.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 3:25:42 PM EDT
[#18]
That reminds me.

Time to mix up a pitcher of "Pink Fuck".

Link Posted: 10/27/2021 3:38:17 PM EDT
[#19]
It's the Swiss army knife of the narc box
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 3:53:49 PM EDT
[#20]
It’s probably my favorite drug to give people.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 4:02:38 PM EDT
[#21]
We use it as a dissociative, sedative, and severe pain management. It does what it is designed to do and does it well, being dose dependent gives it multiple uses. Game changer for EMS.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 4:12:34 PM EDT
[#22]
I had my left leg removed in 2013 after complications developed from having a bone tumor in that femur way back in 1976.

Anyway, post surgery, every time I closed my eyes I was flying about 8 feet above the ground on trails that I recognized as State Forest trails I've often hunted over the decades.  I could see every detail of every twig on the thousands of trees around me.  If I opened my eyes I was immediately back in the hospital room.  Close them, and I would be immediately back in the woods, flying again.  This went on over and over for quite some time.   Not like any type of dream.

Sike Ay Dellick !
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 4:36:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Glad you're still on the sunny side of the dirt line.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 4:55:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
A squadron mate of mine was in a helo accident and burnt.  He said they gave him something that made everyone turn into tron the movie.  WTF was that?  Navy docs gave it to him.
View Quote

Yes, it is carried and used down range.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 5:00:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Had it twice. Both times in the hospital.
I had no concept of...anything. Most surreal stuff I've ever experienced. Didn't know if I was alive or dead. Everything was yellow or orange and a square, circle or triangle.
View Quote

You survived the Squid Games.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 5:01:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Can this stuff be made with ingredients from Walgreens ?
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 5:11:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Can this stuff be made with ingredients from Walgreens ?
View Quote

How much organic chemistry do you know?  Like almost everything else, the various patents (there are several formulations) are online at the US patent office website. The DEA tracks sales of precursor chemicals though and without them you'd have to do a good bit of chemistry to get to your starting point.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 5:14:36 PM EDT
[#28]
I don't know much about it but I've heard using it for mental health therapy has been almost revolutionary.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 5:17:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/27/2021 5:27:43 PM EDT
[#30]
My wife has a “do not administer” in her health chart. They gave that to her when she miscarried at 20 weeks. She delivered our daughter and then the OB went elbow deep to remove the placenta. The howls and pain are forever seared into my mind. She wasn’t there but she was. There was NOTHING I could do but hold her. Fuck that was 6 years ago and that damn it….I still want to CoC that OB.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 5:29:13 PM EDT
[#31]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/rIan5Kkh.jpg

"Water? Like the stuff in the toilet?"

I don't drink water — fish screw in that.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 5:34:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Which of course is why Colorado passed a law practically making it illegal for use by EMS...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We use it in the ED all the time. Works great for procedural sedation in kids, we usually avoid it in older patients because they get nutty. At low doses, we use it for pain. Mid doses are dissociative, and high doses are sedative. In trying to get away from opioids, it’s been very helpful.

Which of course is why Colorado passed a law practically making it illegal for use by EMS...

Which is why they probably banned it. Don't need things that actually work and make sense

I used to work in veterinary medicine and what was funny is it used to not be scheduled as a controlled substance. You could buy it by the case and keep it just out on a shelf and with zero extra paperwork. Didn't become scheduled until 1999. The big deal at the time that pushed this was all the theft for illicit use. Vet clinics were being broken into left and right to steal ketamine.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 5:42:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Tore all four of my ligaments in one knee and dislocated my kneecap. They gave me the ketamine to reset my kneecap in the ER. Holy shit, when I came out of it I thought I'd died and was in some alternate universe. Everyone looked like zombies and/or skeletons. Mind you, EMS had just given me fentanyl to ease my pain from the injury. I hope I never have to go through that again.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 5:59:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

My uncle worked in the quaalude plant back in the day.
Broken tablets were not accounted for, employees were taking them out to their cars all day long in trash bags without a care in the world. Just sayin'.

Kharn
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I make ketamine nasal sprays at work. You should see the people that use it.....

My uncle worked in the quaalude plant back in the day.
Broken tablets were not accounted for, employees were taking them out to their cars all day long in trash bags without a care in the world. Just sayin'.

Kharn

Now they call you Prince Charming
Can't speak a word when you're full of 'ludes

Tried some once back in the 80s before they disappeared.

Never could understand why someone would just want to be that out of it: no real buzz, just a drooling stupor.

Definitely not my cup of tea, but they sure were popular.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 6:10:23 PM EDT
[#35]
‘Ludes would put dents all over your car
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 6:13:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

In the same way that ivermectin is horse paste.  It is commonly used for sedation and pain management in humans.
View Quote

Ivermectin was used on humans for years before the vets started using it on pets and livestock.  Do not believe the mainstream propaganda machine.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 6:22:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Wasn't it sold at GNC in the late 90's?
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 6:31:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I concur.  During day surgery earlier this year, was asked what sedative/pain med I’d like, anesthesiologist recommended ketamine, so that’s what I got.  Before starting the procedure, Dr asked me what music I liked, said classic rock, she said “all right!”  Was in and out of conscious, in a dreamlike state, found the meaning of life, sang along with songs, had the docs chucking.  Don’t remember all the details, but it was a a great experience.
View Quote

Fentanyl and versed awake the whole time and didn't give a shit about anything.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 6:31:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
Indeed!  OP must have gone to a veterinarian for surgery!
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 11:33:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
From my 1 experience, they must be total zombie cases.
View Quote

They all always run out early, and one guy when the doctor wouldn't renew his script, told me on the phone while screaming, "i'm going to his office with a machete and he will understand why I need to be on this!".  We nick named him Machete after that. and I called the dr's office/police to give them warning a crazy was going to come.  They had a nice conversation after that
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 11:33:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
On a scale of 1 to 10, how addictive is that shit?
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/27/2021 11:37:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Glad you are doing well.
You are one of the good ones in GD
Moving on can I get the $$$$ I loaned you during your hospital stay??? Lol
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 1:09:53 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 1:13:07 AM EDT
[#44]
The K hole is very, very deep.
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 1:49:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Love it for kids, a nice dart, they are super cooperative, plus it's not a respiratory depressant.
Parents get a little bent when they see their kids dosed, especially if they spot the lateral nystagmus that typically manifests.

For adults, the trick is versed first, then ketamine. Keeps them from freaking out.
View Quote
That explains all the funny videos of kids tripping after their visit to the dentist.
I'll have the propofol instead.
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 1:59:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Did the fairies have big boobs ? asking for research purposes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I remember fairies, mushrooms and stuff. was all in high def.

Did the fairies have big boobs ? asking for research purposes.

[Opens pleasure journal]

Link Posted: 10/28/2021 2:02:32 PM EDT
[#47]
IF they give that stuff for broken bones, why I never get K holed for my kidney stones?
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 2:05:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 2:09:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

That's usually from the versed, if they were sedated.
Ketamine is rarely used in pediatric dentistry outside of the emergency room environment.

versed/propofol is a great combo, much more common, and the recovery is often entertaining.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That explains all the funny videos of kids tripping after their visit to the dentist.
I'll have the propofol instead.

That's usually from the versed, if they were sedated.
Ketamine is rarely used in pediatric dentistry outside of the emergency room environment.

versed/propofol is a great combo, much more common, and the recovery is often entertaining.

Pretty sure that's what they gave me when they did my lithotripsy.
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 2:36:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Don't remember the whole conversation. But I do remember coming out of it and asking my anesthesiologist if we had just been having a conversation about free will...

He gave me a little of a puzzled expression and said "I thought you were back already. Maybe next time giver a little heads up on the history mmmmkaay."

Still a bit puzzled as to what history he was referring to

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top