Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 8:01:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do not run towards the police when they are pointing guns at you. This isn’t the 60s.
View Quote

We are from the government and we are here to help.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 8:04:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Jesus cops are so fucking incompetent any more
View Quote

You have NO idea. New hires are effing scary, and training revolves more around little blue ninja bullshit than around law or process.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 8:04:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Do not run towards the police when they are pointing guns at you. This isn’t the 60s.
View Quote

And if you run away from the police you are a desperate criminal attempting to escape and will be shot in the back.
Alternatives?  The police were already returning fire into the truck so it wasn’t safe to stay there.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 8:18:04 AM EDT
[#4]
What was the relation between girl and kidnapper?  Father/daughter?
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 8:22:14 AM EDT
[#5]
She got served and protected
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 8:24:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What was the relation between girl and kidnapper?  Father/daughter?
View Quote

Yes
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 8:25:04 AM EDT
[#7]

what passes for law enforcement these days

clownworld
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 8:25:43 AM EDT
[#8]
No Spetsnaz memes yet?
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 8:25:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I just duped this police claim maybe she was shooting at them. Sounds like she was unarmed and the police shot her as she ran towards them because she had on a plate carrier and helmet
View Quote

damn...you gotta watch out for those helmets and plate carriers man.

Mighty Fine Police work assholes
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 8:26:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 8:28:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Did she have a UPS uniform on?
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 8:29:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 8:29:55 AM EDT
[#13]
JFC..
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 8:40:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Looking at how the vehicles ended up, the passenger would have been placed right in the line of fire between the truck and the nearest LE vehicle.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 8:42:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Dang. "tactical Gear" is now a justifiable reason to kill someone?
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 8:42:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Police don't get much training which can really result in panic and adrenaline running a situation.
View Quote

And most, if not all of the training has absolutely nothing to do with the actual job.

We literally had a PowerPoint about work safety that told us how to hide and barricade in the event of an active shooter.  One part instructed us, in the event of an attempted carjacking, to throw our keys at the carjacker and run.

They actually counted it as two hours towards our annual training hour requirements despite the fact it was a PowerPoint for office workers.  It's a fucking joke but we can barely afford money to buy enough ammo to meet our minimum firearms qualification requirements, let alone any real training.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 8:43:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Article is pretty sketchy, but it sounds like she ran out into the middle of a gun fight. Sucks she got shot, but it happens.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/28/2022 8:44:11 AM EDT
[#18]
The suspect ambushed his wife at an intersection.  Bullet impacts all over the place.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 8:44:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Warriors fighting a war we'll never understand.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 8:46:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Youi gotta wait for the video. It will probably show her running AWAY from the police with NO tactical gear on. Or else laying on the ground, with NO tactical gear on.
Wait for the video.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 8:50:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Article is pretty sketchy, but it sounds like she ran out into the middle of a gun fight. Sucks she got shot, but it happens.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/8c0555c7728d208a0f54cf0ec570a099/tenor.gif?itemid=15425851
I know it sounds cold, but that's life.
It's not like a street hockey game, someone shouts "Car!", two kids grab the nets, the car passes, and then the game starts again.
You run in between two parties trading lead, you might catch a stray round.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 8:50:34 AM EDT
[#22]
We missed that whole shit show by 10 minutes yesterday, driving through Victorville CHP passed us at about 110 miles an hour approaching Barstow seven sheriffs vehicles passed us in the other direction going about 120. They must’ve blocked 15 right after we drove through, terrible story.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 8:51:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Intent, capability, and opportunity.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/28/2022 8:59:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Sherrif's office is saying preliminary information indicates the passenger may have been involved in exchanging gunfire with LE during some points of the various shootouts.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 9:03:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Overserved and protected.

Mere donning of "tactical gear" does not give rise to deadly force.  Brandishing and pointing a deadly weapon would.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 9:05:05 AM EDT
[#26]
California...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 9:09:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
It's not like a street hockey game, someone shouts "Car!", two kids grab the nets, the car passes, and then the game starts again.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://media1.tenor.com/images/8c0555c7728d208a0f54cf0ec570a099/tenor.gif?itemid=15425851

It seems to be SOP these days for hostage/kidnapping cases for the cops to kill anyone and everyone they can if the hostage taker or kidnapper exchanges fire with the police.  I wonder if these cops took cover behind minivans with families in it like the Florida cops did.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 9:11:27 AM EDT
[#28]
Hey, I know... let's pretend that cops are good!

And let's give them SWAT equipment, and MRAPs, and AR15s so they can serve and protect us. And treat them special, so they can carry guns off-duty almost anywhere.

And when they fuck up, let's just give them free vacation and let them go with no punishment. And also, no personal liability like they would have in literally any other job in our society.

Fucking cops!
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 9:11:43 AM EDT
[#29]
A 15-year-old girl and her fugitive father who abducted her were killed in a highway shootout with police in California on Tuesday, officials said.

Savannah Graziano was running toward San Bernardino County sheriffs in tactical gear on Interstate 15 in Hesperia as the officers shot at her father, Anthony John Graziano, who was wanted for the murder of Savannah’s mother.

Police did not say if the shots that killed the girl were fired by the officers or her father in the morning shootout.

San Bernardino County Sheriff Shannon Dicus said Savannah might be responsible for some of the fired shots.

“There may be some indications that the passenger of the vehicle which we believe is Savannah may have been involved in some of the fire exchange,” Dicus said at a press conference, calling the case “highly complex.”

“There may be some information that the passenger was involved in firing back at the deputies and we’re still trying to confirm that at this point.”

Savannah was taken to a hospital, where she was pronounced dead. Her father was killed at the scene, police said on Twitter.

Police said it will take “at least 24 hours” for new information to emerge due to the wide area where bullets were fired.

Graziano had been on the run since Monday morning after he allegedly killed his wife, Tracy Martinez, with multiple gunshots in Fontana, California.

https://nypost.com/2022/09/27/teen-girl-fugitive-father-killed-in-shootout-with-cali-police/
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/28/2022 9:14:28 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
She was probably seen driving a blue Toyota Tacoma...
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 9:19:02 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 9:26:09 AM EDT
[#32]
Shades of Stockton?
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 9:26:29 AM EDT
[#33]
It was was a 50 mile rolling gun fight where the someone from the truck was shooting at the cops on the freeway as they were chasing him. I heard that she opened the door and ran towards the cops at the same time that her father was shooting at the cops.  Until I hear other wise, I don't think I'm going to blame the cops for this one.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 9:29:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Lots of soviet agents stirring up the shite all up in this thread.
So Americans are supposed to hate our government and law enforcement officers…
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 9:31:48 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
So Americans are supposed to hate our government and law enforcement officers
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/330CC6C3-704D-4020-B3D5-C91D11232EB1-475.gif
View Quote
So are we not supposed to hate out law enforcement officers and government if they deserve it? I'll wait until the facts come out on this story, but their are plenty of incidents where the cops and government deserve the hate they get.

Edit: 2022 join? Must be a glowy who is tired of getting made fun of.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 9:39:42 AM EDT
[#36]
Maybe dad shot her accidentally.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 9:45:08 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
It was was a 50 mile rolling gun fight where the someone from the truck was shooting at the cops on the freeway as they were chasing him. I heard that she opened the door and ran towards the cops at the same time that her father was shooting at the cops.  Until I hear other wise, I don't think I'm going to blame the cops for this one.
View Quote
It's funny, when you talk about Uvalde, people complain that the cops didn't do anything. Which, under the circumstances, is perfectedly understandable.
After this thread, I'm thinking if the cops had breached and engaged, and some kids were killed in the crossfire, people would be bitching about that.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 9:55:34 AM EDT
[#38]
Whole family is gone
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 9:56:54 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Americans are supposed to be incredibly suspicious and dubious of our government and law enforcement officers.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 9:57:27 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Maybe dad shot her accidentally.
View Quote

Dad engaged in a gun fight with police. None of this was accidental.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 9:59:12 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
If she stayed in the truck they would have probably shot her anyway, I don’t think there was going to be any scenario where the cops didn’t shoot her.
View Quote

Hell, by not staying in the truck, she may have saved some bystanders from being shot by the police too.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 9:59:26 AM EDT
[#42]
Happened in my town. Shoot the hostage.  Ill never respect the police here after that.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 10:00:49 AM EDT
[#43]
With modern forensic science it will most likely be determined who shot her
It goes without saying that it is a tragedy. If it is determined that an officer shot her, he or she should be held accountable, just as if one of us were in the same situation.
If you are employing deadly force, ID your target and be sure of your backstop/down range area. Nothing less is accepticle.
Prayers for all concerned.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 10:04:04 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
“OH MY GOD, she’s coming right for us! And she’s wearing TACTICAL GEAR!”
What the actual fuck? Wearing black is a threat now??
View Quote

I do recall discussions here about wearing a "shoot me first" vest. But that was before one had to worry about the cops doing the shooting.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 10:05:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Need more details before making a decision.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 10:06:10 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Sherrif's office is saying preliminary information indicates the passenger may have been involved in exchanging gunfire with LE during some points of the various shootouts.
View Quote

This is the interesting part and NO surprise the AP and GD ignored this from the reports.

Not saying it is true, but driving 110 and firing rounds from a rifle at pursuing cops isn't easy. She was either forced to help drive or fire the rifle. This does not mean shooting her was justified, but it will be interesting to see what the investigation shows.

As for gun shot residue, she will be covered in it from the rifle firing in the car. DNA on the rifle may be the only thing, but their proximity and contact may negate that test too.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 10:07:34 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Oh look...another glowie...FBI or ATF?
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 10:08:15 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
If she stayed in the truck they would have probably shot her anyway, I don’t think there was going to be any scenario where the cops didn’t shoot her.
View Quote

What did she know about Hillary Clinton?
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 10:09:53 AM EDT
[#49]
I knew that line from Speed (1994) would come back to haunt us.

Link Posted: 9/28/2022 10:10:06 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

This is the interesting part and NO surprise the AP and GD ignored this from the reports.

Not saying it is true, but driving 110 and firing rounds from a rifle at pursuing cops isn't easy. She was either forced to help drive or fire the rifle. This does not mean shooting her was justified, but it will be interesting to see what the investigation shows.

As for gun shot residue, she will be covered in it from the rifle firing in the car. DNA on the rifle may be the only thing, but their proximity and contact may negate that test too.
View Quote

Does the law care whether the minor kidnapping victim you're supposed to rescue was shooting at you with a rifle two minutes before she approaches you unarmed?
Nobody seemed to GAF that the UPS driver in Florida never had a gun when he got deliberately lit up.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top