Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 3:23:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My neighbor's cats are great.  No mice or other rodents and I'm pretty sure they take no shit from other wildlife four times their size.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm trying to get my porch monkey cat to kill more things.
My neighbor's cats are great.  No mice or other rodents and I'm pretty sure they take no shit from other wildlife four times their size.
My only indoor outdoor porch monkey practices taking down my dog's .

Attachment Attached File

he and my black lab will put the fear of god into neighborhood cats and other dogs

the cat lures them into the yard and the lab waits in the shadows ( no one lets there dogs loose anymore around my house )

the other 4 cats stay inside and of those 1 can come out when Im working outside and he shadows my ass til I finish building a catio
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 3:24:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I was taught young to kill every cat roaming our woods. I quit doing it some years ago. I've got nothing against killing them, I can see why someone would do it. I only kill deer now, and they provide all our family's red meat.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 3:31:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I'm a cat owner and I have killed too many to count. Where does that leave me?
View Quote
That makes you the upper echelon of douchery. Not like the "muh katz betterun yor kidz" assholes. A kinder, gentler douche if you will.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 3:32:12 PM EDT
[#4]
You might like this.

Link Posted: 10/29/2018 3:41:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Love it when people say cats are assholes because they are one of the most efficient predators.

Cats are awesome.
View Quote
Yup.  No birds in my yard except chickens.  No gophers, moles, rats, mice etc as well.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 3:48:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Considering squirrels, coons, possums, snakes, and even other birds will eat or destroy nests and eggs, that is bullshit.
View Quote
Quoted:
CBS are kind of douchebag. Evolution is evolution if your species can do it better then you are dead. Leave it up to the tree huggers to think they can stop a nature process.
View Quote
Wait...

Do you guys actually think domesticated cats are a normal part of nature? That there is no difference between a wild animal interacting with other wild animals and a human letting their pet roam free?
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 3:48:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Love it when people say cats are assholes because they are one of the most efficient predators.

Cats are awesome.
View Quote
I agree, cats are cool animals and are awesome as indoor or caged pets.    Owners who let cats wander outside are assholes, and both the cat and owner should be shot.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 3:49:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 3:55:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Maybe you should finish reading threads before you post in them...
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 3:59:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Guess I'm an asshole and my cat and I should be shot.. Be warned I do shoot back..

Anyhow my cat doesn't roam far, generally hangs around the yard and pisses on the bushes. He likes killing rabbits. He eats the small ones head first. The bigger ones he just strips off the back straps.  Doves get special attention, he must like the taste.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 4:04:39 PM EDT
[#11]

Feral cats are bad, but it's kind of amusing to find chipmunk heads and legs+tail combos in the yard, when that cat killing them looks like this
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 4:05:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Pfft.

The only thing in danger in my backyard when Mojo (RIP) was around was VERMIN:

https://i.imgur.com/ZQxCUL0.jpg

Miss my boy.
View Quote
About half of those kills look to me like shrews of some kind.  Mouse killers in their own rite.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 4:10:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
There is no smell worse than cat shit.
View Quote
Go to an amateur radio equipment flea market known as a "hamfest".

Get behind some slow-moving, socially maladept individual who hasn't bathed in two whole weeks and doesn't see the need to do so.

Let the smell of BO and unwashed ass permeate the immediate area while you're trapped next to the guy by the crowd.

Then get back to us.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 4:12:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
What are you babbling about?
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 4:20:49 PM EDT
[#15]
My two cats don't get to go out and kill stuff in the neighborhood, they do however get to lounge on their large screened in porch and daydream about it.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 4:25:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Caught and removed 42 feral cats. I figure I saved a lot of small animals and birds. I got very good at it.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 4:28:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I wonder how many of you cat haters would start loving cats if they were trained to hunt and dispatch Leftists as efficiently as they hunt and kill everything else.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 4:35:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Yea, because domestic cats are totally natural.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Yea, because domestic cats are totally natural.
Bobcats are pretty natural.  Bigger and badder than just about any putty tat especially the feral ones.  Minks and weasels are pretty natural too... there is not some untapped small predator void in nature.

Quoted:

English Starlings are an invasive species too and they need to be decimated.

I'm meh on house cats (we have three, the dogs & I'd be happy with zero) but I love the barn cats they more than earn the little bit of food I put out to keep them around. Haven't had a mouse in the house in years and the rare gopher that is stupid enough to think our property looks homey doesn't live long.
Starlings are so worthless cats won't even eat them.

I cut loose a couple rounds of birdshot trying to get as many as I can per shot every spring.  2-3 servings and the starlings decide to stay off my lawn.  Barn cat will run over to check them out and leave them lay.  A sparrow will be inhaled (try to avoid with shotgun due to lead)
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 4:43:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Wait...

Do you guys actually think domesticated cats are a normal part of nature? That there is no difference between a wild animal interacting with other wild animals and a human letting their pet roam free?
View Quote
They are not which is why they fail when nature is natural.

In an artificial environment (like a city) they have cover and everybody else has an ample food supply.  Out in the wilds, they have little chance against foxes and coyotes and are in direct competition with superior hunters such as bobcats.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 4:50:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Owners who let cats wander outside are assholes, and both the cat and owner should be shot.
View Quote
Alright big boy come get some.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 4:53:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Killer of Cats.

All stray cats found inside the wire are run down, grabbed and shaken until they stop resisting.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/195613/7004D5AC-B0B9-4243-BD7C-13534B83FCEC_jpeg-721135.JPG

His little buddy gets a pass.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/195613/63EC9F50-23CD-4E91-9B7D-64EA2EF397B0_jpeg-721137.JPG
View Quote
Your dog's "little buddy" is obviously controlling him.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 4:57:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Oh well,
My murder cats are hell on Starlings.
Evolve or go fucking extinct.
View Quote
Your understanding of evolution is on par with that of a 4 year old.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 4:57:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Cats are assholes.
View Quote
+1,000
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 4:58:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 5:04:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 6:50:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Great job!

I'm so proud of you
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 7:03:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Even when my last indoor/outdoor cat was sick and on his last legs he killed and dismembered two squirrels in one afternoon, I was impressed. Wife said “Your cat has something under the bushes and I don’t wanna know what it is!” I went out to clean up the mess and was suprised to find 7 legs and two tails...don’t know where the eighth leg went or the heads for that matter.

I miss that cat he would leave dead rats on the doormat just so I’d know he was paying the rent. Any bird that poached out of his food dish would end up scattered all over the back yard and he’d lead my wife back there to show her...he’d actually turn around and sit down in the middle of the mess proudly like “Check this shit out!” He was awesome, showed up as a feral and I had him for 8 years.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 7:13:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Cats are the original reactive target
View Quote
I shot a stray once and I swear it flopped about 2-3 ft into the air 9 different times before it died.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 7:17:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Pfft.

Miss my boy.
View Quote
Along time ago I used to run off the stray cats, until I had a rat infestation in my shed/shop.

The next cat that I saw was female and pregnant, left her alone and did not feed her. She camped out under my shed and that ended my rat infestation problem.

Since then I leave the cats alone, don't feed them or give them water.

No more rat or mice problems at all.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 7:19:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I have no problem if the rules that apply to dogs are applied to cats as well.

Most places have leash laws, others have a more vague ruling that the dog must be under the owner's control at all times.

I am totally ok with that.

If the cat is always under the control of the owner, then the cats can be allowed outside.

If the cat is enclosed in a back yard that it can't get out of, then that's ok as well.

Just apply the same rules for cats as are in place for dogs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure, lots of prey inside the house.

I suppose there are some sick fucks that never let their dogs out of the house either.

They're just property anyway.

No need to consider their mental health.
I have no problem if the rules that apply to dogs are applied to cats as well.

Most places have leash laws, others have a more vague ruling that the dog must be under the owner's control at all times.

I am totally ok with that.

If the cat is always under the control of the owner, then the cats can be allowed outside.

If the cat is enclosed in a back yard that it can't get out of, then that's ok as well.

Just apply the same rules for cats as are in place for dogs.

Link Posted: 10/29/2018 7:21:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Our kitty eats her kills, leaving just the intestine
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 7:21:37 PM EDT
[#32]
It's not Caturday!
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 7:25:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 7:45:16 PM EDT
[#35]
I literally just shot a feral cat about 10 mins ago.  Fucking things.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 8:07:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Wild pest in this state, I shoot everyone I can, and the count is up there.

If people wouldn't just throw them out of the car on country roads, it wouldn't be as bad as it is, but it's to late, they are wild.

Same as a fox, or a coyote they survive off the land and are just as wary of people. My dog is getting good at treeing them nasty fuckers.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 8:16:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I shot a stray once and I swear it flopped about 2-3 ft into the air 9 different times before it died.
View Quote
They do the same when hit with a 17hmr, straight up in the air with a low hit and take off in 9 different directions at once then fall over.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 8:22:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Am I in before the cupcakes whine about paw prints on their trucks?
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 8:31:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

In an artificial environment (like a city) they have cover and everybody else has an ample food supply.  Out in the wilds, they have little chance against foxes and coyotes and are in direct competition with superior hunters such as bobcats.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wait...

I grew up on a farm out in the middle of nowhere. We had barn cats and we had a cat that liked to come inside when the weather sucked. They had no issues with any other predator, including the coyotes. I did watch the sometimes-indoor cat climb a tree and leap at a bird, got it and fell to the ground. Must've hurt like hell but it never gave up the bird. Same cat killed a snake, pounded a tarantula to death, and took on a jackrabbit as big as it was. The rabbit wore out before the cat did but they were dragging each other around some until he did. That cat had no fear of anything, including stray dogs. Things is, the cat didn't NEED to hunt for food, but did anyway. The cat didn't NEED to kill a snake or big furry spider, but I guess took it as a challenge?

Cats are strange creatures. But, I've had them in one way or another most of my life. So, to me, them being around is as normal and natural as us people being around. In fact, I prefer the company of cats to the company of leftist scum.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 8:41:20 PM EDT
[#40]
And then you get held down by the scruff of the next and beaten with a board.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 8:45:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I thought .22 CB’s were invented for Cats.
View Quote
They were. CB stands for Cat Bullet
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 8:45:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Along time ago I used to run off the stray cats, until I had a rat infestation in my shed/shop.

The next cat that I saw was female and pregnant, left her alone and did not feed her. She camped out under my shed and that ended my rat infestation problem.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pfft.

Miss my boy.

I took one to get her shots ($$$). She got run over by a truck the next week. Another one showed up and I let it be. Then one day it got rabies and came after me.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 8:49:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

They are invasive in the wild. That is why most people hate them as outside pets/pests.

Cats are very good predators but should be left inside your homes.
View Quote
Bullshit.  I have 2 cats that live mostly outside just for rodent control.  I get at least 2 dead mice or moles per week at the garage steps.  Last week there was a momma mouse and 3 babies all chewed up.  Good kitties.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 8:53:08 PM EDT
[#44]

Skillshot

Link Posted: Today 7:45:44 PM CDT Report

View All Quotes
I took one to get her shots ($$$). She got run over by a truck the next week. Another one showed up and I let it be. Then one day it got rabies and came after me.
View Quote
That sounds like an interesting story.

Did you die?
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 8:53:14 PM EDT
[#45]
I am much more concerned about destructive invasives entering from the southern border, and the extinction of the republic.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 8:58:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cats are the original reactive target
I only shoot feral cats but yes they tend to flip out if you don’t get a kill shot. Since I got to Utah I haven’t shot a cat. All of them around here are the indoorsy pet type.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 9:03:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Used to hate cats until one seduced me into taking it in.

Best pets ever

Oh and they do straight up murder everything
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 9:26:41 PM EDT
[#48]
All you "cats are not a natural part of the environment shit".

Wildcats, small ones

There are a number of wild cats species the same size as a domestic house cat.

Sounds like they fit right in.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 9:41:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
All you "cats are not a natural part of the environment shit".

Wildcats, small ones

There are a number of wild cats species the same size as a domestic house cat.

Sounds like they fit right in.
View Quote
Other than bobcat and lynx, how many of those are native to the US?  And is house cat on that list? Cause we're talking about house cats. Not wild, native animals belonging to the same family.

Surely you can tell me you understand the difference between a lynx and someone's pet cat. Right?

That's the equivalent of me saying my chihuahua is the same thing as a wolf since they are both canines.
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 7:27:39 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I literally just shot a feral cat about 10 mins ago.  Fucking things.
View Quote
Your screen name makes me laugh. That and all of the tough guys triggered by a cat.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top