Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 12:35:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm good
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 12:39:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TooBigToFail:
Of all the possible supply chain issues, and we are staring at gazillions of them, I still don't think food will be a problem.  We make almost all of it here.  Heck, if I wanted to invest the time and effort, I could feed myself using just my few acres. This is a temporary shortage.  I predict we will be awash in beef, poultry and toilet paper before too long.  I also predict that when those trump bux run out, and prices reflect the new inflationary pressures, we won't be talking about shortages but rather high prices and inability for most people to afford the basics.  Enjoy the good times while they are still here, it's gonna be a real bitch come late summer into fall.
View Quote

I agree.  When people run short on money there will be plenty to eat.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 2:16:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I just got back from our local HEB and they had a limit on two ground beef packs and 4 chicken.  No limits on steak which I got or pork, they haven't had any beef fajitas in a while though but they have had plenty of chicken fajitas. Everything else is back to normal including toilet paper, bread etc.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 3:02:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By hicap:
No meat at Kroger this weekend, only ground beef
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/11/2020 3:13:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Stopped at the Food Lion at noon and they were putting out NY strips so I bought a couple. They left a lot of fat on the trim so not really a deal but they looked okay.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 3:17:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought 5 young whole chickens at Lidl last weekend for 5.15 a piece. From a VA grower too.

Ribeye selection was down unless you eat grass fed organic steaks which I do. I bought 5.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 3:20:04 PM EDT
[#7]
The tariffs hurt China hard so they went all in. We can weather this.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 3:26:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By mikNtx:
there's a shortage because meat is on sale...

thanks op!  

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/2268/20200505_133338_jpg-1403530.JPG
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/11/2020 3:46:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By hicap:
No meat at Kroger this weekend, only ground beef
View Quote

Beef isn’t meat?
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 4:11:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Costco running thin on meat here in AZ, but the local Albertson's has full shelves of beef, chicken and pork. They're still struggling to keep TP and toilet paper in stock.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 4:18:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By TEXASROOTERSBROTHER:

I agree.  When people run short on money there will be plenty to eat.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TooBigToFail:
Of all the possible supply chain issues, and we are staring at gazillions of them, I still don't think food will be a problem.  We make almost all of it here.  Heck, if I wanted to invest the time and effort, I could feed myself using just my few acres. This is a temporary shortage.  I predict we will be awash in beef, poultry and toilet paper before too long.  I also predict that when those trump bux run out, and prices reflect the new inflationary pressures, we won't be talking about shortages but rather high prices and inability for most people to afford the basics.  Enjoy the good times while they are still here, it's gonna be a real bitch come late summer into fall.

During the prior panic you could walk into Whole Foods and find plenty of meat.  It was all expensive but it was there.  That proved to me people are just used to cheap meat and this will change.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 4:21:08 PM EDT
[#12]
I went grocery shopping this weekend, went to wally world, it looked like a post apocalypse in the meat department.
Went to Martin's and they were fully stocked with everything but the fresh steaks.. they had a limit of 2 per but I did self checkout and nobody gave a shit that I had more than the "allowed" amount.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 4:22:25 PM EDT
[#13]
No Meat?!?  Damn!!  I guess I'll just have the chicken nuggets, then!
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 4:24:43 PM EDT
[#14]
For what it's worth, there is a farm in NW Ohio that sells hogs to Tyson Foods (one of the shutdown slaughterhouses in Indiana).  They are selling market-ready hogs for $140 ea, with a minimum purchase of 10 hogs.
https://www.limaohio.com/news/408855/hog-sale-set-in-van-wert

VAN WERT COUNTY  In order to spare needless destruction of hogs that would normally be shipped to Tyson Foods in Logansport, Indiana, and Indiana Packers Corporation in Dephi, Indiana., Brennco Inc. will be selling market-ready hogs to anyone who can butcher, said Keaton Brenneman, a Brennco representative. Sale will be held every Saturday from 10:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 14527 Fife Road, Van Wert until the pigs are gone. Hogs will be sold for $140 per pig.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/11/2020 4:28:29 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

I suspect we are going to avoid the worst of the inflation.

The economic downturn from the virus created huge deflation in the economy.  The inflationary pressures of printing money work directly against those deflationary pressures.  So they'll probably get away with it this time (not thinking about the long term debt problem, which is probably not fixable anyway).  They WON'T get away with it a second time, which is why I think we are seeing stiff republican opposition in congress to another stimulus package.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 4:37:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By kabal57:
I went grocery shopping this weekend, went to wally world, it looked like a post apocalypse in the meat department.
Went to Martin's and they were fully stocked with everything but the fresh steaks.. they had a limit of 2 per but I did self checkout and nobody gave a shit that I had more than the "allowed" amount.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/11/2020 4:39:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By bushmaster1:

Not going to get into it. But sounds like slander to me....
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bushmaster1:
Originally Posted By wcc123:
Should have no effect on McDonalds. They have not had a pound of meat in their stores in 30 years.

Not going to get into it. But sounds like slander to me....

Wonder why you haven’t seen Ronald McDonald, Grimace, Mayor McCheese, etc. in any recent ads?

They were ground up and turned into Big Macs!
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 4:42:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By StevesZZ5:
As for places like Wendy’s and McDonalds, fat fucks and unhealthy fucks will be better off.

I find it hilarious and sad at the same time how so many (many here in GD) were so worried about restaurants closing down.  

Fast food starting to tank?  I find that COMPLETELY hilarious!

I’m sure the resident fatties will decry my post.

View Quote

decry mode=on   Eat hot baconator death.  /decry
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 5:09:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By tbonifie:

Well packed and properly frozen beef will last for a couple of years or longer.

I was still eating steaks from the last 1/2 cow I bought 3 years past taking delivery, and they tasted delicious.
View Quote

What an idiot you are!!!!  Fucking doomer!!!!!  Having food in your freezer is stupid.  Impotent rage at nature is better!
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 5:10:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By StevesZZ5:
As for places like Wendy’s and McDonalds, fat fucks and unhealthy fucks will be better off.

I find it hilarious and sad at the same time how so many (many here in GD) were so worried about restaurants closing down.  

Fast food starting to tank?  I find that COMPLETELY hilarious!

I’m sure the resident fatties will decry my post.

View Quote

I can and do eat fast food quite a bit . Here’s the thing.....Compared to me, I bet I can call you a "Fat Fuck".
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 5:11:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By CZ75_9MM:
Flu bros should be the only ones allowed to buy meat. Doomers should get a cock meat sandwich for causing all of this.
View Quote

The doomers have meat on hand.  Have fun.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 5:12:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Stopped at the meat market and Krogers this afternoon. I could make a meat house and make meat angels out of all the meat I saw. I bought $300 worth and topped off my kitchen freezer.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 7:36:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Sturmgeist:

Wonder why you haven’t seen Ronald McDonald, Grimace, Mayor McCheese, etc. in any recent ads?

They were ground up and turned into Big Macs!
View Quote

Soylent purple is mascots!
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 2:38:54 PM EDT
[#24]
View All Quotes

seems kroger is doing this weekly on the cheap.  only bought one today, six last week and in freezer.   and here i thought i was a special blind squirrel...

Attachment Attached File

there was so much meat it was unreal.  even more tenderloins...

Attachment Attached File

Radiohead Creep Ultrasound Extended Version
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top