Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 12:00:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ford built a B-24 per hour for 2 years 6 months in Willow Run during WW2 totaling 8,645 units vs 9,808 for the other 4 manufacturers combined building them. Also their own triplane and several others in other facilities including B-17. Not to mention munitions, jeeps, 2 1/2s.
Gm's contributions earned them the title of largest military contractor on Earth. Ever.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I remember being told I was smoking crack for saying Ford would get the F150 lightning out first and there was no proof Ford could ever deliver even one of the things.

The three people I knew who were interested in one have all moved on at this point, and no one should blame them for doing so.

Dude Tesla is worth more then ford, Toyota, and GM combined. They might sell a fraction of the vehicles and an ever shrinking number of EVs to them but they are the future.

Meh electric cars are easy there's no real talent there.  Gm was building airplanes in ww2. Ford probably the same.  It's manufacturing capacity and dealer network and logistics and parts procurement that is gonna take mass production of electric cars successful.

Tesla filled a void while the big guys were slow to adapt and change. The big guys have that capacity so naturally if they focus on electric cars they should be able to get them out sooner (trucks etc). They are not hard to design.  Tesla is still growing but i think probably far ahead vs the others from tech like self driving. Although i think gm has that now too.

That said tesla is awesome just when all the big car companies are gonna focus on electric the competition will get harder. You're not the only game in town anymore

I'm a Tesla fan but in no way think ev are going to save the planet infact think overall they are probably worse.
Ford built a B-24 per hour for 2 years 6 months in Willow Run during WW2 totaling 8,645 units vs 9,808 for the other 4 manufacturers combined building them. Also their own triplane and several others in other facilities including B-17. Not to mention munitions, jeeps, 2 1/2s.
Gm's contributions earned them the title of largest military contractor on Earth. Ever.

Ford also built the F4F Wildcat when Grumman converted its Factory to build the new f6f hellcat.
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 12:04:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I call bullshit.

Similar system to that I can't even mow my lawn on one battery if it is more than an inch taller than where it will be cut to. My kobalt weed eater might do the edge cuts a half dozen times before needing a battery swapped out. My entire property is under 1/4 acre.

Years of experience with weed eaters and mower on the ranch I grew up on. Even my modern stuff is useless for any actual work over square footage. Basically would have to have the tractor follow me around with a generator. At that point I'll just use the mower on the tractor. Or let the horses out. They dona good job of mowing everything to dust.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Somehow you're doing it wrong. I can do all my 10 acres of fence post, house and outbuildings with a 80 volt Kobalt with 3 batteries. That's about 2 hours either way, or 1 quart of gas with the 225L.

I call bullshit.

Similar system to that I can't even mow my lawn on one battery if it is more than an inch taller than where it will be cut to. My kobalt weed eater might do the edge cuts a half dozen times before needing a battery swapped out. My entire property is under 1/4 acre.

Years of experience with weed eaters and mower on the ranch I grew up on. Even my modern stuff is useless for any actual work over square footage. Basically would have to have the tractor follow me around with a generator. At that point I'll just use the mower on the tractor. Or let the horses out. They dona good job of mowing everything to dust.
Call whatever you want. I've been using it for 5 years now, I only take the 225 out every now and again if it gets way out of control. The lack of noise and vibration offsets the short shaft.
Come on down and prove me wrong. I could use the help come summertime cutting baling and dealing with beef.
Pops likes mine so much he bought one for his house.
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 12:24:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Somehow you're doing it wrong. I can do all my 10 acres of fence post, house and outbuildings with a 80 volt Kobalt with 3 batteries. That's about 2 hours either way, or 1 quart of gas with the 225L.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

90% of my towing is probably less than 10-20 miles a day and I tow a trailer every day.
The other 10% would be to our farm which is still in range.
I'd venture a guess a shit ton of contractors and shit tow trailers every day less than the max range and it would work just fine for them too.

LOL Nope!
sounds like you have no idea how contractors work.
Lets watch and see how all those electric only gardening tools work out in a commercial situation in California.
MY bet is they won't.  I tried using a weed whacker on an 1/8th of an acre and went through 8 batteries.

I call BS, fence posts alone would be you doing 5400 fence posts at 1 square foot per post. or 3700 if we can pretend it is more than one square foot of weed whacking.  
Confident your outbuildings and fence posts don't equal an 1/8 of an acre.

Further math shows that to fence in 10 acres you need 2,640 linear feet to enclose 10 Acres.  Thats a whole 440 fence posts provided they are per 6'.
My guess is that your three batteries are way too many for how little you are weed whacking.  Even if you have some cross fencing involved your batteries are weak.
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 12:29:24 AM EDT
[#4]
All I know is that the amount of Teslas in my area seems to have gone up exponentially in the last year.

Just the other day I was at a stop light and noticed I had a Tesla to the left of me, one in front, and one behind.

People seem to love the brand. I wouldn't shit on it just yet.

Link Posted: 11/3/2022 12:30:51 AM EDT
[#5]
EV trucks definitely not the future for using as a truck
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 12:33:56 AM EDT
[#6]
2020 happened and Tesla can raise prices like crazy and sell every car they can make. I read an article that said earlier this year it cost Tesla $36k to make a car, they sell auto pilot for $16k alone. lol. CT will be cool to see on the road, but get while the getting is good.
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 12:44:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I call BS, fence posts alone would be you doing 5400 fence posts at 1 square foot per post. or 3700 if we can pretend it is more than one square foot of weed whacking.  
Confident your outbuildings and fence posts don't equal an 1/8 of an acre
Hang on, now you're telling me how many fence posts are on my farm?  You and the other guy Shit  I don't even know how many there are and I pounded most of the dang things in.
It takes 1 hour 45 to two hours to perimeter the property, ring the barns and house. 8 months a year once a week. I can do that with all 3 batteries, or 2 tanks in my 225L. I've been doing it since 2001, 5 years ago I got the electric guy to see how she goes, and she goes fine. If I skip a week or two, all bets are off for fuel or battery consumption.
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 12:45:10 AM EDT
[#8]
I thought the Cybertruck was a test bed for things like production on Mars of things, rather than some revolutionary new truck?
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 1:00:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Hang on, now you're telling me how many fence posts are on my farm?  You and the other guy ]Shit  I don't even know how many there are and I pounded most of the dang things in.
It takes 1 hour 45 to two hours to perimeter the property, ring the barns and house. 8 months a year once a week. I can do that with all 3 batteries, or 2 tanks in my 225L. I've been doing it since 2001, 5 years ago I got the electric guy to see how she goes, and she goes fine. If I skip a week or two, all bets are off for fuel or battery consumption.
View Quote

Nope been living on a ranch for a long time.  Guaranteed your ranchette doesn't have 5400 fence posts.  ten acres is a small plot of land
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 1:07:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

LOL Nope!
Lets watch and see how all those electric only gardening tools work out in a commercial situation in California.
MY bet is they won't.  I tried using a weed whacker on an 1/8th of an acre and went through 8 batteries.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/3/2022 1:15:07 AM EDT
[#11]
I drove a friends rivian for a couple hours.  I liked it.

I never hit the brake peddle once ….the more pressure you take off the “gas” peddle the more the regen kicks in and it can stop you completely.
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 1:30:08 AM EDT
[#12]
OP, and people who think like him are the modern version of, "ain't no auto mo bill gonna replace no horse drawn buggy! Ethel, next thing you know, people will be talking about flying machines, and letting their kids go to college!"
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 2:15:32 AM EDT
[#13]
I don't think it matters that Ford or Chevy get a truck out first.  At a guess, the folks throwing down for Cybertrucks (when they eventually roll in to town) either weren't in the market for an E-F-150 or E-Silverado...or will still buy a Cybertruck when they come out because they want a Cybertruck.

Link Posted: 11/3/2022 2:18:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Sounds like Tesla and the Cybertruck are living rent free in OP’s head
View Quote

Sounds like Tesla let the legacy manufacturers waste money on rushing products to market and will take advantage of the knowledge gained off their learning curve.

That or ol Muskie got distracted.

It's probably one of those two.
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 2:55:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I don't think it matters that Ford or Chevy get a truck out first.  At a guess, the folks throwing down for Cybertrucks (when they eventually roll in to town) either weren't in the market for an E-F-150 or E-Silverado...or will still buy a Cybertruck when they come out because they want a Cybertruck.

View Quote

Plenty of time has passed since people started "throwing down" for Cybertrucks. Ford and Chevy didn't have nearly anything out at the time, and Rivian was just another dream that no one thought would actually happen.

The people that I know that were interested and had put their money down have all moved on, and they aren't the only ones. See the few members in this very thread who did similar.

That isn't to say that it won't sell when (if) it ever comes out, but at the same time there are going to be a lot of older preorders who won't be going through with it.
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 2:59:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Sounds like Tesla let the legacy manufacturers waste money on rushing products to market and will take advantage of the knowledge gained off their learning curve.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That would be the first for Tesla given the fact that they are by far the biggest pioneers in EV technology at this point.

Quoted:

The Model Y is likely that distraction, given it's huge success nearly everywhere. I think a lot of the resources that were supposed to go to the truck ended up going towards spitting out more Model Ys.
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 3:12:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 6:09:49 AM EDT
[#18]
OP must hate real American car companies.
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 6:43:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/3/2022 7:49:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Plenty of time has passed since people started "throwing down" for Cybertrucks. Ford and Chevy didn't have nearly anything out at the time, and Rivian was just another dream that no one thought would actually happen.

The people that I know that were interested and had put their money down have all moved on, and they aren't the only ones. See the few members in this very thread who did similar.

That isn't to say that it won't sell when (if) it ever comes out, but at the same time there are going to be a lot of older preorders who won't be going through with it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ford is still getting some bad publicity on the Lightening.

Reviewer Exposes EV Truck's 'Kryptonite' After Trip Takes 3 Hours Longer Than It Should've
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 7:57:30 AM EDT
[#21]
I'd still buy one if they hold the price at the 2019 levels. I put my "reservation" in for a tri-motor on May 2021 lol.
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 7:59:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 8:00:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Dude Tesla is worth more then ford, Toyota, and GM combined. They might sell a fraction of the vehicles and an ever shrinking number of EVs to them but they are the future.
View Quote

Market capitalization has very little to do with being the "future" of auto manufacturing.  I should like Tesla - they're American made - but the hype is way beyond the reality.  I'd still bet on Ford, GM, Toyota, Honda, and VW beating a "technology company" at building cars.  If it weren't for the government trying to jam a square peg in a round hole, Tesla would still be a boutique manufacturer.
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 8:06:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I remember being told I was smoking crack for saying Ford would get the F150 lightning out first and there was no proof Ford could ever deliver even one of the things.

The three people I knew who were interested in one have all moved on at this point, and no one should blame them for doing so.

Meh electric cars are easy there's no real talent there.  Gm was building airplanes in ww2. Ford probably the same.  It's manufacturing capacity and dealer network and logistics and parts procurement that is gonna take mass production of electric cars successful.

Tesla filled a void while the big guys were slow to adapt and change. The big guys have that capacity so naturally if they focus on electric cars they should be able to get them out sooner (trucks etc). They are not hard to design.  Tesla is still growing but i think probably far ahead vs the others from tech like self driving. Although i think gm has that now too.

That said tesla is awesome just when all the big car companies are gonna focus on electric the competition will get harder. You're not the only game in town anymore

I'm a Tesla fan but in no way think ev are going to save the planet infact think overall they are probably worse.

Not even the same company, literally.

My old GM stock was made worthless in around 2009 iirc.

Link Posted: 11/3/2022 8:07:08 AM EDT
[#25]
I would still buy one and if they come out I will

I like it a lot and its different
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 8:10:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Well you'll never be without a straightedge.
View Quote

ho can you be so obtuse?
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 9:01:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

LOL Nope!
View Quote

What brand?  My Dewalt 20v weed whacker cleans up around my house, driveway and untold amount of trees (built house in the woods) on one battery.  The only thing I don't like about it is the drive motor on the head makes it a little nose heavy.

Link Posted: 11/3/2022 9:05:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
EV trucks are retarded.

They have a real world towing range of like 50 miles.

You ain't towing your Airstream to FL with one, not even from mid Georgia.
View Quote

This may come as a shock but not everyone who buys a truck uses it for towing.  I have a 1/2 ton truck and tow a 16' flatbed to a Menard's maybe twice a year....I haul shit in the bed all the time but I don't need a truck to tow 20k pounds cross country.  If you're towing heavy loads long distance, any 1/2 ton truck is probably a dumb choice, regardless of powertrain.

The current production EV trucks are not designed to tow heavy loads long distance, anyone who buys one to do that would be a retard.  That is not the market they're building the trucks for though.
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 9:31:06 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

This may come as a shock but not everyone who buys a truck uses it for towing.  I have a 1/2 ton truck and tow a 16' flatbed to a Menard's maybe twice a year....I haul shit in the bed all the time but I don't need a truck to tow 20k pounds cross country.  If you're towing heavy loads long distance, any 1/2 ton truck is probably a dumb choice, regardless of powertrain.

The current production EV trucks are not designed to tow heavy loads long distance, anyone who buys one to do that would be a retard.  That is not the market they're building the trucks for though.
View Quote

agreed, but most people don't tow across country.
Most who buy trucks to tow, tow locally, tow to races, tow to horse shows, etc, etc.
Even towing locally the EV's are going to have a problem.

But if you don't tow at all the truck may suit you if you just run down to the local hardware store.

Not sure how much they cost, but he cheapest 2022 F150 on cars.com is $45,000.00 at msrp, now whether you pay msrp or not I do not know.
The cheapest matching ICE 2022 F150 i could find on the same site is $38,000.00 at msrp
Is the extra $7,000.00 worth it if all you do is drive around town?  I guess people have to be their own judge.
Are dealerships still charging over msrp for vehicles?
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 9:42:30 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

FWIW, I wasn't counting the people who pre-ordered.

Myself, I'm very interested.....but I will not be buying a specimen from the first model year.  Other folks can Beta Test it.

My main worry is that, once they are done satisfying US regulatory/safety requirements....the end product is going to resemble the prototype very little.  I'm not gonna be hugely interested in a very expensive SUV that looks like a slightly angular Chevy Blazer.
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 9:51:13 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Most who buy trucks to tow, tow locally, tow to races, tow to horse shows, etc, etc.

But if you don't tow at all the truck may suit you if you just run down to the local hardware store.

Not sure how much they cost, but he cheapest 2022 F150 on cars.com is $45,000.00 at msrp, now whether you pay msrp or not I do not know.
The cheapest matching ICE 2022 F150 i could find on the same site is $38,000.00 at msrp
Is the extra $7,000.00 worth it if all you do is drive around town?  I guess people have to be their own judge.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My point was, you need to pick the right tool for the job you plan to do, powertrain aside.  Anytime the subject of an EV truck comes up in GD, the argument immediately jumps to towing heavy loads or towing long distance.  Yes, those are shitty use cases for an EV truck, but it's also not the market they're currently being built for.

You'll continually hear "EV trucks can't do truck things".....which is 100% subjective based on the user.  It might not be able to do my "truck things" but may be just fine for your "truck things".
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 12:06:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I'd still buy one if they hold the price at the 2019 levels. I put my "reservation" in for a tri-motor on May 2021 lol.
View Quote

You can always go Hummer @$100k+

ETA: I remember when people claimed battery operated power tools were never going to catch on.

World changes, technology advances.  The ICE as we know it will not be the king forever, something will replace it, yet to be seen if that will be battery power.
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 12:15:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Yep. The Cybertruck was also announced just prior to the worldwide covid lockdowns. PSA was also announcing the little $300 Glock clone about that same time. I don't fault either company for the shitshow they faced.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. The Cybertruck was also announced just prior to the worldwide covid lockdowns. PSA was also announcing the little $300 Glock clone about that same time. I don't fault either company for the shitshow they faced.

F150 Lightning was announced May 2021.

Cybertruck has problems much bigger than supply chain.
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 12:17:45 PM EDT
[#34]
A dn of Elon but electric trucks are fucking stupid and near useless for anyone who actually needs a truck for truck things
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 2:56:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Some of the members here either love to talk out of their asses or are just dense and believe everything posted on Facebook.

I love gasoline and have two ICE vehicles (and a 23 Raptor built last week awaiting shipment). I have some gas yard equipment, a Polaris Ranger, etc. I’m not opposed to gasoline at all.

Electric isn’t bad. Some electric yard equipment makes sense. The ability to push a button and get 100% power with little noise and no smell/pollution is great. My Ego SP mower easily does an acre (bagging) with juice left on one 10ah battery. The blower is stronger than my old gas blower and I love the edger, weedeater, and hedge trimmer. The 18” chainsaw is good for smaller jobs but wouldn’t want it after a storm and have a gas backup. It’s not great for huge yards or commercial. I still have a riding mower but rarely use it, and a diesel tractor for the ranch…guess what? I use the electric equipment out there too.

My Lightning is getting around 150-160 miles towing and has virtually no range drop with a decent load in the bed. It’s fully charged every morning for just a few bucks a week in electricity. It rides well and is quick. All of the “only gets 50 miles towing” is idiotic and I can’t believe grown adults believe Ford would invest billions into a 1/2 ton with 50 miles range. It’s not for long haulers or people driving cross country.

They are not perfect or without flaws. As much as GD hates to admit it, electric engines are fine for 90% of our needs. The trucks have carpet, power windows, and a 5.5ft bed so I know GD hates it already…but everyone here also is a millionaire with a 10/10 wife and hauls 25k for over 1300 miles through mud and snow uphill every day.

Link Posted: 11/3/2022 3:15:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I pre-ordered it day one and was told mid-2021 for production. Not quite two years later, I reserved a Ford Lightning.

I received my Lightning July 2022.

I haven’t heard a thing from Tesla. I know that the truck will have less features than promised, look different, and be more expensive than originally released. It’s vaporware at this point
View Quote

Reserved the tri motor on launch night...since then, we have gone thru a M3P and now we have an S Plaid...I just placed a build order for the new BMW i4 M50....maybe when the 3 yr lease is up on that..I will see a Plaid CT
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 3:17:10 PM EDT
[#37]
I do not understand why there is such an emotional response to what another person drives or what another person spends their money on.  When it comes to (arguably) a 6 figure luxury vehicle.  

All the major car companies got public handout.  All major car companies have sweet tax deals.  Same goes for energy (all sources).   People that got the EV tax credit saved $7500 off their own taxes, not yours.   Tax is theft, so they got “theft-ed” $7500 less.  You want it?   Buy it.  You don’t want it?  Don’t buy it.  Simple.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 4:47:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I mostly just come into EV threads to see what gif you are going to post.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/4/2022 4:48:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 5:20:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

What brand?  My Dewalt 20v weed whacker cleans up around my house, driveway and untold amount of trees (built house in the woods) on one battery.  The only thing I don't like about it is the drive motor on the head makes it a little nose heavy.

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/51sW6AeRQJL.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL Nope!

Fuck you got a nice one, my 20v Dewalt is the base model and with a used and abused 3ah battery was just barely enough to do my 1/4 acre lot. My FIL got me a pair of fresh 6ah ones and they still show 3 out 3 on the battery charge light thing after doing the yard. I bet the 60v battery would handle acres no problem.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 5:25:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Would be cool if they did, but man that might be hard. Prices are way up across all EV's right now and ICE are starting to go up now too.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 5:46:00 PM EDT
[#42]
I have a Rivian R1T on order, but what I really want is one of the new GMC Sierra Denali EV’s…..
So freaking hot!!! Nom nom!

GMC Sierra Denali EV

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 6:18:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I have a Rivian R1T on order, but what I really want is one of the new GMC Sierra Denali EV’s…..
So freaking hot!!! Nom nom!

GMC Sierra Denali EV

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/114221/5B7C6117-381B-4978-981B-4556CC85CAC2_jpe-2587619.JPG
View Quote

I've been pretty happy with my Rivian

Link Posted: 11/4/2022 7:39:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Market capitalization has very little to do with being the "future" of auto manufacturing.  I should like Tesla - they're American made - but the hype is way beyond the reality.  I'd still bet on Ford, GM, Toyota, Honda, and VW beating a "technology company" at building cars.  If it weren't for the government trying to jam a square peg in a round hole, Tesla would still be a boutique manufacturer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tesla had one assembly plant just a few years ago. They started building three more before Xiden took (literally) office.
I would agree that the legacy manufacturers wouldn’t be on this if it weren’t for big government stepping in. The tech in my 2022 Silverado is a decade behind a decade old Tesla.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 8:24:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I drove a friends rivian for a couple hours.  I liked it.

I never hit the brake peddle once ….the more pressure you take off the “gas” peddle the more the regen kicks in and it can stop you completely.
View Quote

Rivian is the only one I’m at all interested in.
There’s one in the parking lot at work; if I ever see the owner near it I’ll definitely check it out.
I saw sone impressive off-road vids from Moab featuring Rivian. A motor on each wheel gives flexible traction.

I saw one pulling an enclosed uhaul trailer in I35 in Oklahoma.
It had TX plates , so they wee going some distance.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 8:29:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tesla didn't physically have the facilities to manufacture a Cybertruck in volume until this year to begin with.

Even if the design was fully frozen and ready to release it wouldn't have made a difference.

Link Posted: 11/5/2022 9:22:05 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Fuck you got a nice one, my 20v Dewalt is the base model and with a used and abused 3ah battery was just barely enough to do my 1/4 acre lot. My FIL got me a pair of fresh 6ah ones and they still show 3 out 3 on the battery charge light thing after doing the yard. I bet the 60v battery would handle acres no problem.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL Nope!

I bought that one because I’m over invested in Dewalt 20v tools and batteries….that weed eater does a surprising amount of work on a single 3ah battery.
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 9:27:15 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I bought that one because I’m over invested in Dewalt 20v tools and batteries….that weed eater does a surprising amount of work on a single 3ah battery.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL Nope!

SATAN INVINTED BATTERIES IN BABYLON IT SAYS IT IN THE BIBLE
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 9:28:32 AM EDT
[#49]
I genuinely believe the cybertruck was one huge troll meant to get the other companies racing to produce "competitors" that will be unprofitable and unpractical. Sure, it's a "thing," but Musk never envisioned it to be a very big thing up front.

Musk has an uncanny ability to get inside the OODA loop of executives, government and private sector, and fuck with them
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 9:34:49 AM EDT
[#50]
I've seen a Rivian driving around, along with a Lightning. Didn't realize the Hummers were out already.

My old boss put a deposit down on a Cybertruck 2 years ago lol.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top