Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 1:20:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

LAPD last month declared they will no longer arrest or cite anyone with a high capacity magazine due to the Bruen decision.  

The walls are crumbling……
View Quote

I mean, do they really arrest anyone at all? I thought they were just there to look pretty at this point ?
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 1:48:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I just think CA will find a way to not allow This
View Quote

They probably have a replacement AWB bill ready to be signed once the current one gets tossed.
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 1:51:19 AM EDT
[#3]
My bank card is ready.
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 7:12:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

They probably have a replacement AWB bill ready to be signed once the current one gets tossed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just think CA will find a way to not allow This

That’s how the mag capacity issue will go. If the 10 round limit is unconstitutional they will immediately pass a 11, 12 or 15 round limit.
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 4:27:59 PM EDT
[#5]
At one point they had a registry for "assault weapons", correct?  Is that still on the books and they only barred new additions with the current ban, or no?   Where a favorable ruling in this case would only open the registry, or they'd have to pass something new to go back to that?

I expect that'll be there next attempt either way - a registry with obnoxious fees or lengthy processes to register.  Heck, who are we kidding, both, and likely then some...
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 9:05:59 PM EDT
[#6]
isnt today the last day?
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 9:11:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
At one point they had a registry for "assault weapons", correct?  Is that still on the books and they only barred new additions with the current ban, or no?   Where a favorable ruling in this case would only open the registry, or they'd have to pass something new to go back to that?

I expect that'll be there next attempt either way - a registry with obnoxious fees or lengthy processes to register.  Heck, who are we kidding, both, and likely then some...
View Quote

There is currently a registry for assault weapons.  It was first opened with the Roberti-Roos Act in 1989 which was a make/model ban.  It was closed in the early 1990s.  It was reopened to accommodate weapons banned by the AR-15/AK-47 series ban; this was in the 1990s, IIRC.  Every time a new weapon was added, opportunity was given for registration.  The courts shut down the expansion of the ban.  Then you had the ban which took effect in 2001, which again opened things up; this was the features-based ban.  A registration period was created and then closed.  As new weapons were made into assault weapons (bullet button rifles due to changes in the definition of a fixed mag, California's version of Title 1 Others being added into the ban, etc.) in more recent years, new windows have opened for those specific weapon types.  I think the bullet button ban had to allow for new registration since they bungled the last one and I'm not sure they have started for "others" yet.

I believe that at least one of the suits (probably Rupp, if just one) is challenging the registry as part of the overall assault on the ban.  I'm not entirely sure on that one.
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 9:23:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
ATF rule 80% lowers sold after that date have a serial number

Sorry to sidetrack the thread.
View Quote

So that’s when the 79% lower market explodes?
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 9:23:54 PM EDT
[#10]
The California Government has no functioning opposition. They will just ignore any law.

Californians aren’t getting common use firearms.

Ever.
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 10:12:07 AM EDT
[#11]
do weekends count toward the "20 days"?  If so, then they have until friday to file
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 11:45:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
do weekends count toward the "20 days"?  If so, then they have until friday to file
View Quote
I am confusion. Per the OP the 20 day order was placed on the 3rd. If weekends count its already over.
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 11:49:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I am sure GD will be waiting for when we un neuter our stuff. Before and after pics.
View Quote

It'll take me about 30 seconds to pull those kydex grip wraps off. Seriously, I'll throw a party.
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 11:56:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I am confusion. Per the OP the 20 day order was placed on the 3rd. If weekends count its already over.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The order was originally drafted on the 3rd, but the judge didn't file it until the 8th. So, we're waiting for the 28th.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 12:28:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Eta: this means once the order is signed, the guns will flow freely, just like the magazines did in freedom week.
View Quote
A 10 day cooling off period isn't exactly freely, but I get your point.
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 10:58:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 11:37:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

All is well until you get pulled over for a tail light. That happened to a friend at work. He bought a California approved bullet button rifle and didn't know it needs to be registered. He got felony charges.
View Quote

Can you expand on this? What justified the search that found the rifle? Was it in plain view, or in the closed trunk?
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 11:47:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Can you expand on this? What justified the search that found the rifle? Was it in plain view, or in the closed trunk?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All is well until you get pulled over for a tail light. That happened to a friend at work. He bought a California approved bullet button rifle and didn't know it needs to be registered. He got felony charges.

What county?

The typical agent of the state of Calif doesn’t know bullet button from belly button
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 11:50:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I already have enough guns. I’m good.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/26/2022 11:52:35 AM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 8/26/2022 12:03:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Judge Benitez got the Assault Weapon ban case back from the Ninth on August 3rd, 2022.  Miller V. Bonta

Judge Benitez gave them (20) days to file their new Points & Authorities (P's & A's).

That would be this week.  Tic-Toc Mo-fo's were waiting ..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*** UPDATED ****

P's and A's in by today.......Judge Benitez is wasting no ones time. He scheduled the hearing first thing monday morning, 8/29/2022.

Get ready DOJ bitches, your about to take a long walk off a short pier.....
View Quote
That means the DOJ/Sacramento has all weekend to get to him. California under newscum, with the wicked witch of the West Pelosis help, is not much different from Hilary these days. I wish I was kidding but I'm not.
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 12:07:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
As a former CA prisoner HOSTAGE I hope it goes in your favor.
View Quote

Fixed.

Agree, as a former hostage myself.
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 12:47:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/27/2022 9:38:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Exciting news! It's hard reading those legal documents with my limited understanding of exactly how the legal system works.

Would it just affect the assault weapons ban or would it also affect the handgun roster?

I've always wanted an AR pistol but was young and broke with small kids when SB23 passed (assault weapons ban). Would be cool to put one together.
Link Posted: 8/27/2022 9:40:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Exciting news! It's hard reading those legal documents with my limited understanding of exactly how the legal system works.

Would it just affect the assault weapons ban or would it also affect the handgun roster?

I've always wanted an AR pistol but was young and broke with small kids when SB23 passed (assault weapons ban). Would be cool to put one together.
View Quote

Pretty sure the roster is a completely separate law suit.
Link Posted: 8/29/2022 1:20:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Old fashioned tag

Should be complete any minute, no?
Link Posted: 8/29/2022 2:30:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Old fashioned tag

Should be complete any minute, no?
View Quote

I read in another forum that they return on November 7th. Some kind of Calvinball game going on.
Link Posted: 8/29/2022 3:57:59 PM EDT
[#28]
I won't hold my breath, but will cross my fingers.
Link Posted: 8/30/2022 3:00:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/30/2022 3:06:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 2:35:32 PM EDT
[#31]

Just now, the Ninth Circuit vacated and remanded the lawsuit challenging California's magazine ban, which means it will now go back to the district court to be heard again
View Quote

Vacated and remanded back to district pdf.

UNITED STATES COURT OF APPEALS
FOR THE NINTH CIRCUIT...
ORDER
The judgment in this case is vacated, Duncan v. Bonta,
142 S. Ct. 2895 (2022), and this case is remanded to the
district court for further proceedings consistent with New
York State Rifle & Pistol Ass’n, Inc. v. Bruen, 597 U.S. ____,
142 S. Ct. 2111 (2022).
Judge Bumatay and Judge VanDyke dissent from the
order remanding this case to the district court.
The parties shall bear their own attorney’s fees, costs,
and expenses. This order constitutes the mandate of this
court.
VACATED and REMANDED.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 2:41:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/9/2022 9:21:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Bumping this just because...
Link Posted: 10/9/2022 9:32:32 PM EDT
[#34]
So good news?
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 12:18:29 AM EDT
[#35]
Should have something on the 12th at the earliest or the 21st at the latest, ruling by the first week of Nov if we are lucky.
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 3:10:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Should have something on the 12th at the earliest or the 21st at the latest, ruling by the first week of Nov if we are lucky.
View Quote

So obvious they'll push it off until the 21st to turn in their delay tactic right? They wouldn't do anything today would they?
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 3:23:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
That’s great!

What’s this BS about a ccw bill that will render CA ccws basically worthless?
View Quote

Probably the state legislature trying to fight tooth and nail against Bruen.  Did you think one court case would make them give up?  If nothing else, it might be nice to just see the police out here say “no” to the CA legislature, and decide to not enforce most of the abnormal gun laws they’ve passed on the basis they violate the constitution and Supreme Court rulings.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 12:56:44 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

So obvious they'll push it off until the 21st to turn in their delay tactic right? They wouldn't do anything today would they?
View Quote
It all depends on how they count the days, I'm not sure is it was business days or all 7. Either way, we should know soon!
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 1:32:22 AM EDT
[#39]
45 days is up tomorrow.  Both sides should file something by COB.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 6:55:11 PM EDT
[#40]
. CONCLUSION
The record shows that Plaintiffs must prevail under Heller and Bruen, and the
State has not and cannot justify its assault weapons ban by demonstrating that it is
consistent with the Nation’s historical tradition of firearm regulation.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/13/2022 7:04:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
. CONCLUSION
The record shows that Plaintiffs must prevail under Heller and Bruen, and the
State has not and cannot justify its assault weapons ban by demonstrating that it is
consistent with the Nation’s historical tradition of firearm regulation.

So it's dead?
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 7:07:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

So it's dead?
View Quote

no, that's apparently the plaintiff's brief saying why the ban should be tossed.

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.casd.642089/gov.uscourts.casd.642089.136.0.pdf

nothing ruled on yet
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 7:08:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Fingers crossed.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 7:51:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

So it's dead?
View Quote

It's on life support and we're waiting for Saint Benitez to pull the plug.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 11:10:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Good luck Cali!

I lived in SoCal as a kid during the late 70's early 80's.
California used to be a magical place.
I wish it still was.
Hopefully, this is a step in the right direction.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 7:48:57 AM EDT
[#46]
Nothing happened yesterday I guess?  10/14?
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 7:57:10 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Nothing happened yesterday I guess?  10/14?
View Quote

Californias new method of defense is "Anything that isn't a receiver is just an accessory and isn't protected by the 2A, also if the firearm isn't USED IN SELF DEFENSE ON A REGULAR BASIS it isn't covered by the 2A"
Link Posted: 10/23/2022 10:45:41 PM EDT
[#48]
any updates?
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 1:44:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
any updates?
View Quote

Not yet.
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 3:49:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Any updates?
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top