Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 1:33:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If they have stick legs, they should be wearing slim/skinny fit pants.

They’d look like a clown dressed in the relaxed fit slacks all the fatsos wear.

If you have athletic legs, lots of companies are developing nice athletic fits.

The variety is nice when you realize people come in all shapes and sizes. It’s never distracted me unless it’s a super athletic guy in crazy skinny slacks or some fatty trying to wear skinny fit clothes.
View Quote

Or you could just wear straight-leg slacks that give the appearance you have normal sized legs, instead of man-tights that emphasize you've never heard of "leg day."
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 1:33:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Does it really fucking matter.  All I care is that people are clean, dont stink, and keep to their own space.

Beyond that, they can wear whatever the fuck they want, as long as it is appropriate for the time and place.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 1:33:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

When's the flood?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 1:33:59 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a suit to wear if somebody dies or gets married( it’s not an old one either). The rest of the time it’s blue jeans, t-shirts and shorts during the summer with work boots, same as it ever was.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 1:36:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yes todays "trendy" mens clothing fashion fads suck and look terrible. I also hate fucking skinny lapels almost as much as skinny pants. Hopefully they get around men who dress in a more traditional style it will rub off.

Covid did mens clothing zero favors too with so many people away from the office enviroment and office dress codes. I'm sure many places will shift back to pre covid dress codes but I think it will take years in some offices. Assuming a white collar type office enviroment to begin with.
View Quote

What positive do office dress codes have on the workers? Aside from pleasing men who like to check out what other men are wearing, that is?
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 1:37:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Does it really fucking matter.  All I care is that people are clean, dont stink, and keep to their own space.

Beyond that, they can wear whatever the fuck they want, as long as it is appropriate for the time and place.
View Quote

It has never ceased to amaze me, the infinity of topics you can start in GD, and every single one of them will have some guy telling you how he doesn't care about the topic you started.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 1:37:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Or you could just wear straight-leg slacks that give the appearance you have normal sized legs, instead of man-tights that emphasize you've never heard of "leg day."
View Quote

Why though? People with really skinny legs look retarded in straight leg slacks and always have. They end up looking like parachute pants.

Expecting everyone to fit the same mold when they have wildly different body shapes is retarded.

Link Posted: 12/2/2022 1:38:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Skinny jeans and those narrow 1” ties need to disappear.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 1:44:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It is pretty gay and for the record, it’s not me.  Really.

However, as far as being gayer than that……..meet Sam Brinton.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/188107/FF6BCE79-15F5-41C9-B04C-62A845C23A9A_jpe-2620825.JPG

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think things can get gayer than that.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/188107/FF6BCE79-15F5-41C9-B04C-62A845C23A9A_jpe-2620825.JPG

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/2/2022 1:45:59 AM EDT
[#10]
If I were in an office environment, I would like to dress the like the gangsters from “Boardwalk Empire”.  Other than that, when I went to the detective side of things, suit and a fedora.  Had to have a hat.  I just felt naked with out it.  Of course, all the homicide guys wore them.  Even called them the “Hat Squad”.  No faggy ass dressers there.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 2:00:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

The thing on the right looks like a Matt Damon after chemo while dressed in drag.

A quick Google search on Sam Brinton to try and figure out what in christ hell is going on with this individual quickly lead in endless articles filled with so much WTF it makes my head hurt.  

"Brinton, who presented at the event under the alias NuclearNerd, has been teaching their “Physics of Kink” class at colleges and community events “across the country for years,” according to their profile on the CLAW website. .

The bio goes on to say, “They’ve been active in the kink world since 2013, hosting monthly kink parties at their dungeon in Washington, DC, and estimate they’ve spanked over 2,000 cute butts.”

I am reading a actual news article or is this the onion ......
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 2:04:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If they have stick legs, they should be wearing slim/skinny fit pants.

They'd look like a clown dressed in the relaxed fit slacks all the fatsos wear.

If you have athletic legs, lots of companies are developing nice athletic fits.

The variety is nice when you realize people come in all shapes and sizes. It's never distracted me unless it's a super athletic guy in crazy skinny slacks or some fatty trying to wear skinny fit clothes.

Straight leg was my preferred choice before stretch jeans became a thing.

Slim or tapered with a stretch is way more comfortable than any old-style straight leg.

34x32 jean size
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 2:05:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The thing on the right looks like a Matt Damon after chemo while dressed in drag.

A quick Google search on Sam Brinton to try and figure out what in christ hell is going on with this individual quickly lead in endless articles filled with so much WTF it makes my head hurt.  

"Brinton, who presented at the event under the alias NuclearNerd, has been teaching their “Physics of Kink” class at colleges and community events “across the country for years,” according to their profile on the CLAW website. .

The bio goes on to say, “They’ve been active in the kink world since 2013, hosting monthly kink parties at their dungeon in Washington, DC, and estimate they’ve spanked over 2,000 cute butts.”

View Quote

Eh, he does what he wants on his own time, I've got no problem with that.  The whole randomly stealing some lady's suitcase at the airport and still being employed in a position requiring a clearance concerns me.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 2:09:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

No. They are real. He is/was management in the DOE, in charge of nuclear material disposal (whatever that means.). Part of the Biden freak show.  His replacement isn’t much better, really.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 2:21:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Eh, he does what he wants on his own time, I've got no problem with that.  The whole randomly stealing some lady's suitcase at the airport and still being employed in a position requiring a clearance concerns me.
View Quote

A dozen or so people killed several thousand on 9/11/2001. I was almost on your side, for a minute.

ETA: This world sucks and I want off. No harm intended.

Link Posted: 12/2/2022 2:41:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

A dozen or so people killed several thousand on 9/11/2001. I was almost on your side, for a minute.

ETA: This world sucks and I want off. No harm intended.

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/2/2022 2:52:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I like medieval leggings.
View Quote

I bet with a cod piece, right?

Anyway, when I watch F1 coverage, I see that shit all the time, skinny legs, bear belly waists, and way too much ankle exposed.
They look like fucking storks, or flamingos...

Link Posted: 12/2/2022 4:14:45 AM EDT
[#18]
This is not a subject that I can really get worked up over.  I can't say men's fashions were any better in the 1970s.  

I'm not a fan of tight pants because they are poor for concealing a pistol.  Other than that I really don't care.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 4:53:55 AM EDT
[#19]
The "brown shoes with a blue suit" thing annoys the crap out of me, but I'm told it's the fashionable thing these days.

Link Posted: 12/2/2022 5:05:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The "brown shoes with a blue suit" thing annoys the crap out of me, but I'm told it's the fashionable thing these days.

View Quote

Right? Nobody understands color matching anymore.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 5:55:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I just dress comfortably.  I really don't care about fashion.
View Quote

That's because you lack estrogen, i to lack estrogen, unlike the "men" arguing about fashion in this thread. I'll never understand men that want to be pretty, or worry about what other men wear. I'll leave that shit up to women, and homosexuals.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 8:53:51 AM EDT
[#22]
I work at home.  Sometimes I might wear just a pair of short pants.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 8:56:50 AM EDT
[#23]
weekdays its khakis and a button down shirt with shoes.  nothing skinny, nothing stupid
weekends its jeans and a tshirt or hoodie.  

i work at an xmas tree farm on the weekends this time of year, some of the shit grown men show up in when its 25 degrees and snowing is
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 9:06:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
2. The slacks stop a good 1-2" above the top of the shoe.  No break on the shoestrings, these aren't even touching the shoe when standing.
View Quote

I bet you compare business cards too. It all seems like frivolous shit, a dick measuring contest, and another thing for older people to complain about.
Who gives a fuck what other people like?
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 9:09:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Holy Crap!!! Does GD know what they were wearing in the 1500s..

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/2/2022 9:11:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Personally I think 80% of the guys who dress up in suit/ties look like tryhard tools.  When it's not a universal requirement, only the 20% that can actually pull off the look should even try.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 9:11:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 9:20:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Fuggin HELL....kill me now
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 9:27:38 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I wear Aloha shirts and cargo pants.pretty much every day.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/2/2022 9:43:28 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 9:51:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
One thing I noticed is that most modern men's pants are more "skinny" fitting. While I don't opt for the skinny styles, even athletic fit are practically skinny jeans for someone raised in the 90s on baggy pants.
View Quote

This has been my observation as well, and my proof that the jeans have actually changed is that what I used to carry in my pockets no longer comfortably fits in regular fit jeans.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 10:08:34 AM EDT
[#32]
Kinda reminds me of my high school years in the 60’s. Skinny jeans, cut several inches above the ankles and deck shoes. Surfs up, dude!
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 10:17:40 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 10:18:50 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I work at home.  Sometimes I might wear just a pair of short pants.
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 10:35:54 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

It has never ceased to amaze me, the infinity of topics you can start in GD, and every single one of them will have some guy telling you how he doesn't care about the topic you started.
View Quote

THIS IS WORTH REPEATING.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 10:37:55 AM EDT
[#36]
I'm so fucking glad I wear scrubs at work.  Sheesh.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 10:50:58 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 10:52:26 AM EDT
[#38]
I don’t care about suits one way or another, but the inch thick white soles are Vibram Christy/Moreflex or a knock-off of them and they are very comfortable.

I always thought of them as work or casual soles.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 10:56:18 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
So, today I was at a CLE and all the new lawyers were;

1. Wearing "slimfit" slacks that looked like medieval leggings.
2. The slacks stop a good 1-2" above the top of the shoe.  No break on the shoestrings, these aren't even touching the shoe when standing.  You can see their socks from a distance.
3. Brown shoes with like an inch thick bright white sole?

Now, I've dressed like I lived in the 1920s since I was 10, so I'm used to being fashion unaware except for a brief flirtation with mullets, swatches, and Members Only jackets.  I haven't tried to be trendy since; and I also avoid monkey suits as much as possible for someone in my profession.  So, I'm completely unaware of when these became a thing.
View Quote

We have a number of non-R&D folks that are in their 30s and beyond that were the " slim fit " slacks or jeans.  They look ridiculous.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 10:57:10 AM EDT
[#40]
ARF widebodies, criticizing skinny guys and skinny pants. Jealous much?
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 11:12:20 AM EDT
[#41]
Clothing styles change. Hair styles change. Everything changes. Deal with it.

I remember my grandmother bitching when the younger women stopped wearing head coverings at mass. Blasphemy! Whores!
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 11:29:29 AM EDT
[#42]
I wear pajamas (scrubs) every day to work.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 11:32:09 AM EDT
[#43]

It's a style. Not my style, but it doesn't bother me.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 11:32:59 AM EDT
[#44]
The fashionable highwaters has been a trend for at least over 10 years. Its always been ridiculous though.

Link Posted: 12/2/2022 11:35:10 AM EDT
[#45]
White shoes….Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 11:35:43 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Why though? People with really skinny legs look retarded in straight leg slacks and always have. They end up looking like parachute pants.

Expecting everyone to fit the same mold when they have wildly different body shapes is retarded.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Skinny and slim fit aren't the same.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 11:38:33 AM EDT
[#47]
I wear bluejeans, flannel, and some flavor of workboot at the office.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 11:39:05 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's even more f'd up than that.  It is getting rung up for stealing some random woman's suitcase out of baggage claim at the airport, taking the clothes, and continuing to go on trips over the next month with the suitcase.  Completely deviant, bizarre behavior.  Too bad there wasn't any way to predict it would do something that crazy...

Link Posted: 12/2/2022 11:39:09 AM EDT
[#49]
So many things wrong with that picture, I don't know where to begin.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 11:39:21 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I wear Aloha shirts and cargo pants.pretty much every day.
View Quote

It's really sad that Madonna had you killed.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top