Page / 6
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 10:51:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Ow.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 10:51:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why is it that 99% of videos I see like this, the rider is always on a crotch-rocket?
View Quote

Because motorcyclists that like to go very fast buy crotch-rockets instead of cruisers?
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 10:52:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I only care about the people in the car. Hope they're okay. Fuck the squid. Good somersault.
View Quote

Seriously.  That squid was an accident waiting to happen.  It was just a matter of time.  Driving that fast on any road endangers innocent people, but through an intersection in a congested area during the morning commute?  What an asshole.  The world is a safer place today.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 10:52:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I used to ride.  It seems like common sense that speeding through stop light was suicidal.  Shit I was worried some ass would blow thorough a their red light and T-bone me.
View Quote

Red lights are increasingly optional nowadays.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 10:52:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What is it dude in the white truck hiding? He did U-turn right up over that sidewalk  and out of there.
View Quote

was white truck being there going to HELP the situation in anyway? No, so why stick around for what is likely HOURS of "well I was in lane 3 on your diagram going to turn left and the blue Toyota was in front of me...  this is the 19th time ive said this..." fatal accident due to moron on bike, Is it really worth 10 minutes of your time? id leave too.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 10:52:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Because big bad ass Harley's don't have that much power.  I had a 2007 600cc sport-bike that had 118hp.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why is it that 99% of videos I see like this, the rider is always on a crotch-rocket?

Because big bad ass Harley's don't have that much power.  I had a 2007 600cc sport-bike that had 118hp.

My youngest brother just bought a Honda CBR1000. Middle brother had one of those, a Yamaha of some fast model, an Aprilia and now has a Ducati. Goes to track days to see what the bikes can do.

Based on the youngest brother's riding habits, Middle has said he sees something like this in the near future.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 10:52:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I don't understand why the video had "tragic" in the title.  

Squidly died by by his own stupid, uncaring for others, irresponsible hand.
View Quote

Because the driver of the car was injured.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 10:53:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Because grandpa on his gold wing is only going 30mph max.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 10:53:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Yeah

That guy is way way dead.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 10:54:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't understand why the video had "tragic" in the title.  

Squidly died by by his own stupid, uncaring for others, irresponsible hand.

And it looks like a late model car that was totalled. Late model cars are expensive.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 10:57:42 AM EDT
[#11]
I see crotch rocket riders doing crazy shit every time I'm in Florida. The craziest thing I've seen though was a cycle rider pass between a SUV and transfer truck on 10 late at night. He had to have been going well over 100 mph. We were going 75-78 and he passed us in blur. Right after passing us, I seen him disappear between the truck and SUV in my headlights. I thought for sure the guy was going to kill himself.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 10:58:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Red lights are increasingly optional nowadays.
View Quote

Had a car do one of those run up on the stop sign and stop really fast things to me one time.  I was all over the brakes on my bike, I just knew he was going to blow that sign.  If he had I would have been pasted.

Scared the F--- out of me and pissed me off!
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 11:02:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Good.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 11:02:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Hard for a driver to look twice to save a motorcycle rider’s life when the MC is a 120mph blur.

That said, I used to ride. Getting too dangerous on the roads for me, all around.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 11:06:19 AM EDT
[#15]
He died doing what  he loved
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 11:06:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Because grandpa on his gold wing is only going 30mph max.
View Quote

Grandpa will be eating dinner with his grand kids tonight.........   Red light runner boy will be, um dinner, for the worms............
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 11:07:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Had a car do one of those run up on the stop sign and stop really fast things to me one time.  I was all over the brakes on my bike, I just knew he was going to blow that sign.  If he had I would have been pasted.

Scared the F--- out of me and pissed me off!
View Quote

Full pucker moment when that happens. I had a guy make a sudden turn into my lane from the right turn lane that was stopped. I was only going about 30 but it went from clear road ahead to a barely moving car right in front of me in about half a second. I barely avoided a collision but had to stop a little ways up the road to calm myself down.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 11:12:55 AM EDT
[#18]
It's a start!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 11:13:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What is it dude in the white truck hiding? He did U-turn right up over that sidewalk  and out of there.
View Quote
He had the same reaction I would have likely had.
"Holy fuck that dude is dead, Im getting the fuck out of here while I still can".
View Quote
Abso-fucking-lutely. Shit like that happens, you get the fuck out of Dodge. Otheriwise, you end up like this...

Quoted:
I was at ground zero for one of those about 15 years ago. Motorcycle hit the car 1-2 cars ahead of me.
I had to sit there for a couple of hours while they cleaned up the mess.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 11:15:52 AM EDT
[#20]
What's that old saying.......?

I'll probably mess it up, but here goes:

There are bold riders, and there are old riders.......  but, there are no old, bold riders......
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 11:30:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Hope he was an organ donor.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 11:30:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
i think he got two full rotations
View Quote

He got a bad case of the "twisties" and pulled out of the competition.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 11:43:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
He died doing what  he loved
View Quote

He loved smashing headfirst into the pavement at 100 mph?

Takes all kinds I guess.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 12:01:47 PM EDT
[#24]
He watched too many motorcycle movies and thought he was special too.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 12:03:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I don't think he intentionally t-boned the car, therefore classified as an accident.

Accident due to stupidity, not paying attention etc.
View Quote

lol..

When you intentionally play chicken with traffic.. its not an accident when you hit something. It's a highly probably outcome that took effort. It takes a lot of attention to do what he did without paying attention.

Accidents occur when the driver has no control in the outcome.

For the driver of the car it was an accident. For the motorcycle rider, it was not.

Our continued use and blanket description of traffic collisions as accidents further enables people.

Link Posted: 8/9/2021 12:09:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Ride like an asshole, die like an asshole!
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 12:10:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Whatever, Please watch out for those on one and two wheels and whatever you do; be-careful about blowing your grass on Streets.

Seriously, though I do have a few good friends that ride.  
I think and hope they ride responsibly. I hope none of them are ever involved in any life threatening or life altering accidents.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 12:10:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Get it out of there Pee Wee!
Oh, slow down Pee Wee!
Oh, he dead.
Hey, somebody call nine-one!
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 12:10:52 PM EDT
[#29]
That was a hard fucking hit. Wow.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 12:11:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 12:13:17 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm am 100% in favor of motor cycles.  It's Darwinism in action.  Just like I'm 100% in favor of wing suiting, BASE jumping, free climbing, and whatever other dumb, high risk activity people can come up with.  Eliminating yourself from the gene pool saves the rest of us the trouble.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 12:13:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Hauling ass, too. Stupid squid.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 12:14:24 PM EDT
[#33]
I think "tragic" was the wrong choice of words. "Stupid" would have been my choice.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 12:20:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I think "tragic" was the wrong choice of words. "Stupid" would have been my choice.
View Quote

Tragic for the innocent woman in the car, who was injured.

For him, it was inevitable.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 12:23:20 PM EDT
[#35]
fuel injected suicide machine he was.

too bad he had to involve others in his exit.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 12:33:35 PM EDT
[#36]
That was probably not his first time blowing through an intersection. The odds caught up to him.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 12:34:41 PM EDT
[#37]
The shoes ALWAYS come off
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 12:37:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Novice riders don't appreciate how sport bikes alter the time/space continuum. Nobody wants to learn on small bikes any more.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 12:42:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The shoes ALWAYS come off
View Quote

Yeah, but this guy was the master.  Notice how his sneaker goes straight up and then, based on the end footage, seemingly lands right next to the bike.  That's like a 3.9 degree of difficulty.  I think even the East German judge is going to give him a decent score for that one.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 12:43:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Novice riders don't appreciate how sport bikes alter the time/space continuum. Nobody wants to learn on small bikes any more.
View Quote

Isn't that the point of a sport bike?

It's the only bike built with one thing in mind, speed.

Link Posted: 8/9/2021 12:47:07 PM EDT
[#41]
It was like watching someone get punched in a stupidhero movie.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 12:47:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Their performance characteristics are also pretty insane.  It's like having your own personal F-15.  I had an R6 and it is hard to describe the acceleration that is available to you, especially if you keep it in the power band.  And that was just a 600cc race bike, not a liter bike.  It's like a drug...and takes a strong will to control.  And if you can't, either get on a track or get rid of the bike.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 12:49:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Triple gainer. Did not stick the landing, but good hang time.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 12:50:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Isn't that the point of a sport bike?

It's the only bike built with one thing in mind, speed.

View Quote

Speed is easy.  Cornering and control are what sets bikes and racers apart.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 12:52:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Damn son
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 12:54:53 PM EDT
[#46]
That poor car, and is there any word on the condition of the missing shoe?
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 12:57:58 PM EDT
[#47]
I think I found the problem.  There was no Road Captain to clear the intersection for him.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 1:00:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 1:02:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Anyone else notice that truck nope out really quick.

Bet they had warrants.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 1:04:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top