BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 6:31:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

There are websites that PI can get access to that will provide mind-boggling amounts of info and does not have to bribe a cop for.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/22/2023 6:31:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
In before the inevitable OP requested lock.
View Quote

I'd laugh more if he gets a NCIC ping today
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 6:36:52 PM EDT
[#3]
You do realize that running a plate only gives the last registered owner of the vehicle. No way to know who is driving w/o a stop.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 6:37:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I'd laugh more if he gets a NCIC ping today
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/22/2023 6:39:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 6:41:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You do realize that running a plate only gives the last registered owner of the vehicle. No way to know who is driving w/o a stop.
View Quote

Correct!

This is going to sound tin foil hat-ish…. Of course.

But again the bigger issue I have is if the .gov is tracking gunowners to and from this range.  
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 6:41:36 PM EDT
[#7]
My God its Jason Bourne
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 6:42:30 PM EDT
[#8]
A license plate check in Indiana will have a NCIC hit with the return.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 6:42:35 PM EDT
[#9]
As someone with access to these and other databases to someone who is concerned about a legal matter where they feel their privacy has been invaded to that extent and they have some form of proof of it, I would certainly not make posts like this on a public forum, especially since you think it has some relation to you being tracked with regards to firearms related activity.

Again I don't know your situation or have any idea, but if you're that under the microscope, you think they can't find you here?
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 6:53:48 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are websites that PI can get access to that will provide mind-boggling amounts of info and does not have to bribe a cop for.

https://cdn.memegenerator.es/imagenes/memes/full/2/76/2767867.jpg
Call up a PI and tell them you want a background done on someone. They typically charge $100 or so. You'll get every address, family member, car they've ever owned, jobs, tickets, arrests, lawsuits, etc. It's a crazy amount of info if you have basic info on the person like birthdate.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 7:02:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
EDIT:  now for the circle back…

In my mind, if this commie state of Illinois is tracking the comings and going's of gunowners to this one particular state run gun range, then everybody needs to know that.  And ultimately, people need to boycott that range…. So much so…that the Amateur Trapshooting Association needs to pull up stakes and put their Grand somewhere else…. Privately owned in another state.
View Quote

I worked this area for 27 years before I retired. Fayetteville is a little one-horse department and the only guy I knew of that worked there has moved on to a better job. Fayetteville has LPRs on Route 4 on the north edge of town and entering from the east edge.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 7:05:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 7:07:07 PM EDT
[#13]
I would assume IL is just like NY but here if I run a name or plate it's gonna run NY for DL/Reg info as well as NCIC for stolen/wanted hits. Just because you didn't see a cop doesn't mean they didn't see you although LPR is more likely whether stationary or on vehicle. Everything is tracked though so they'll know who ran it unless it an LPR on a pole or something.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 7:13:29 PM EDT
[#14]
FLOCK cameras are in heavy use around the Chicagoland surrounding area for stolen vehicle and felony vehicle interdiction. Wouldn’t surprise me if other areas like St Louis are using the same methods for their surrounding areas.  

IL LEADS checks conduct an NCIC hot files check any time a license plate record is run.

Doesn’t sound like anything nefarious.
It is IL, so not impossible, but not sounding that way.

(Northern IL LE, here)
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 7:15:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I worked this area for 27 years before I retired. Fayetteville is a little one-horse department and the only guy I knew of that worked there has moved on to a better job. Fayetteville has LPRs on Route 4 on the north edge of town and entering from the east edge.
View Quote

I have wondered that for maybe 5 years now.  I was coming back from the Shooting Complex .  I just turned north onto Route 4.  The speed limit was still like 30 or 35 MPH, and some Dodge Charger going lights and sirens  went past me like a bat out of hell.  It was impressive.

There was maybe one car right in front of me, and this cop wasn’t after him.  Flew right by him.

And the rest of the northbound lane was clear as far as the eye could see.  

I was thinking “That’s odd!    Where did he come from.  I don’t remember seeing a cruiser back there shooting radar or watching that everybody comes to a complete stop at their single solitary 4 way stop sign.”

EDIT:  soooo….WHEW!  I can take my tinfoil hat off now.  It is not necessarily Big Brother watching gunowners.  Big Brother is just watching e’rbody coming and going through Fayetteville, IL.

Link Posted: 3/22/2023 7:19:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
As someone with access to these and other databases to someone who is concerned about a legal matter where they feel their privacy has been invaded to that extent and they have some form of proof of it, I would certainly not make posts like this on a public forum, especially since you think it has some relation to you being tracked with regards to firearms related activity.

Again I don't know your situation or have any idea, but if you're that under the microscope, you think they can't find you here?
View Quote

Nope.

Not related to firearms.

Far from it.

Link Posted: 3/22/2023 7:20:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
A license plate check in Indiana will have a NCIC hit with the return.
View Quote
I agree. It will return a hit on the plate and registered owner. Not necessarily the driver. Full disclosure / I've been retired since'04. They may have facial recognition tied In somehow now. I'm way behind on such things.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 7:22:03 PM EDT
[#18]
@WeimaranerDad
Maybe that was the cover for getting your plate number & a picture of the driver's seat.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 7:22:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I agree. It will return a hit on the plate and registered owner. Not necessarily the driver. Full disclosure / I've been retired since'04. They may have facial recognition tied In somehow now. I'm way behind on such things.
View Quote

Correct it will check for NICS hit on the registered owner off the plate information alone. Didnt you guys use to call those in on a payphone?
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 7:28:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I recently saw a printout saying that the Fayetteville, IL police department queried my NCIC file on March 4th, 2022.

This is a pic to give you an idea of just how small Fayetteville, IL is:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/369122/7661BCF6-B667-4FD2-91A3-B8ADAECF9376_jpe-2755409.JPG

Fayetteville is at the intersection of Route 4 and Highway 15.

I was on my way to the IL DNR’s World Shooting Complex in Sparta, IL.

I was going to meet a friend there to shoot a few rounds of trap.  They open at 10AM.

This “ping” to the NCIC system was around 9 something AM.

Here is another pic to give you all an idea of just how like isolated the World Shooting Complex is away from everything else:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/369122/4999EA25-6F9A-49B8-8019-16BCCB599702_jpe-2755420.JPG

I was NOT pulled over that day.

There weren’t any cops behind me.

There were no cruisers parked near that intersection.

And there were no other interactions  with law enforcement that day.

Sooooo…. In my mind, that only leaves  a couple of options:

A.  Some cop is hiding in the bushes with a pair of binoculars and a terminal  and he punches in license plate numbers into the DMV/NCIC database as people pull up to the single solitary 4 way stop sign in that town.

B.  There is an automated license plate reader located near that intersection.  It scans everybody’s license plate when they travel through Fayetteville.  Everybody’s NCIC file then gets pinged.  

Or the tinfoil hat option

C.  Big Brother is watching the comings and goings of everybody going to the World Shooting Complex and is compiling a list of “gun nuts”

View Quote

When we first got ALPR stuff it automatically ran every plate the system saw via NCIC (to check for stolen/wanted plates,) and via NLETS, which generated an automatic NCIC, OMV, and MOTIONS (now defunct local database) of the registered owner of the vehicle.  Probably what happened to you.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 7:31:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Dude. Google "free homeland security threat VIN decoder." I did this for my truck and it worked.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I have heard that before from other cop friends.

Back in the day when things weren’t so closely monitored, the old saying was “running a plate to get a date".

This particular print out for sure said “Fayetteville, IL” or “Fayetteville, IL PD”.

There was like a blank spot there for “REQUESTOR NAME:”. and it was either left blank or “UNKNOWN” was typed in there.

There were also shit tons of other numbers and just in general gobbly-guck on these printouts that I have no idea what they mean.

It could be something like:

Soooo….it leaves me wondering , is that first “3” now mean I am on the domestic terrorist watch list.

If there is a “1” there in that slot, are just a  generic  US sheeple person?

If there is a “2”, does it mean you’re hadji about to put your suicide vest on?

Dude. Google "free homeland security threat VIN decoder." I did this for my truck and it worked.

Link Posted: 3/22/2023 7:31:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
NCIC is a database of databases.

Your drivers license and vehicle registration are two separate databases in NCIC. The big one is III (Interstate Identification Index) which is a pointer system that will direct the requestor of information to the any states holding information. The laws surrounding these state databases vary by state and so does the information in them.

If that city ran your tags, not a big deal. If they ran your III, that's a huge No-No.
View Quote

Lol
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 7:31:58 PM EDT
[#23]
All I read was ping.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 7:46:05 PM EDT
[#24]
OP thinks somebody is compiling a secret list of the ROs of cars going to a trap range in IL?

There's all kinds of data being collected in our information state, but nobody is making that specific list.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 7:48:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Lol
View Quote
Feel free to elaborate.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 7:48:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Back in the day when things weren’t so closely monitored, the old saying was “running a plate to get a date".

This particular print out for sure said “Fayetteville, IL” or “Fayetteville, IL PD”.

There was like a blank spot there for “REQUESTOR NAME:”. and it was either left blank or “UNKNOWN” was typed in there.

There were also shit tons of other numbers and just in general gobbly-guck on these printouts that I have no idea what they mean.

Soooo….it leaves me wondering , is that first “3” now mean I am on the domestic terrorist watch list.

View Quote

Really weird and this caught my attention. I live in the next town over and if you plug the zip code into google or plug it into a shipping calculator it can come up as either town. I drive through there probably 50X a year to my hunting property. I wasn't even aware they had a police force. If they do, it's like one fat guy sitting in his car all night. The entire town consists of a tavern/restaurant, a butcher operation, and a car body place. Any residences are like two blocks deep and wide off the main drag. Can't even fathom why they would need a PD and just figured the sheriff covered any calls. You learn something new every day! No way they can have a plate reader but I guess someone may be spendin da Covid monies?
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 7:49:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Correct it will check for NICS hit on the registered owner of the plate information alone. Didnt you guys use to call those in on a payphone?
View Quote
@WTF54 Negative my man. I started off with smoke signals. Upgraded to Pony Express. Do you even 'history'?
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 7:57:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Actually, my lawyer has been quite stand off-ish and he hasn’t told me a damn thing one way or the other about what should or should not be discussed with anyone even complete strangers on the internet.  I will circle back to this in a minute.

Last week when I was in their conference room  reviewing other evidence, I actually had to stop, get up, and duck my head in their office door to ask “Is it okay if I take pictures if this stuff or otherwise record it?"

They both gave me an explicit verbal  “NO!”

And the only reason I knew to ask them was because I have read other threads here before where it was posted that in some states it is illegal to say for example make an authorized copy of body cam footage.

EDIT:  now for the circle back…

In my mind, if this commie state of Illinois is tracking the comings and going's of gunowners to this one particular state run gun range, then everybody needs to know that.  And ultimately, people need to boycott that range…. So much so…that the Amateur Trapshooting Association needs to pull up stakes and put their Grand somewhere else…. Privately owned in another state.

View Quote

There are 50 different ways to continue on from Fayetteville and not be going to Sparta. I'd be willing to bet 99.999% of the traffic that passes through Fayetteville isn't going to the Sparta range. It's another 20-25 miles away. Pretty piss poor observation techniques if that is the case.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 8:00:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Really weird and this caught my attention. I live in the next town over and if you plug the zip code into google or plug it into a shipping calculator it can come up as either town. I drive through there probably 50X a year to my hunting property. I wasn't even aware they had a police force. If they do, it's like one fat guy sitting in his car all night. The entire town consists of a tavern/restaurant, a butcher operation, and a car body place. Any residences are like two blocks deep and wide off the main drag. Can't even fathom why they would need a PD and just figured the sheriff covered any calls. You learn something new every day! No way they can have a plate reader but I guess someone may be spendin da Covid monies?
View Quote

Nahhhh…. My particular experience with the Charger going full bore past me lights and sirens was at least a year to maybe 5 years before covid.

Yeah, I was like “Fayetteville has enough money to have a police department?”

But I did notice one of the times I drove through there, they did have a surplus HMMV parked outside of their firehousez.

Sooo….somebody there must be good at writing requests for grants or filling out apps for things like a surplus HMMV….

Or (automated?) license plate reader cameras.

Link Posted: 3/22/2023 8:06:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

There are 50 different ways to continue on from Fayetteville and not be going to Sparta. I'd be willing to bet 99.999% of the traffic that passes through Fayetteville isn't going to the Sparta range. It's another 20-25 miles away. Pretty piss poor observation techniques if that is the case.
View Quote

That’s very true.

But, my interest meter is pegged, so I am going to have to take a closer look at those other NCIC pings.

For me….personally, the only reason I ever travel through Fayetteville is to go to the World Shooting Complex.

Link Posted: 3/22/2023 8:51:33 PM EDT
[#31]
At this point, how can anyone gaslight that conservatives are conspiracy theorists for stating that the US has become an Orwellian police surveillance state?
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 8:55:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
At this point, how can anyone gaslight that conservatives are conspiracy theorists for stating that the US has become an Orwellian police surveillance state?
View Quote

Its not the police doing the surveillance. The police have to get the good information from private companies.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 9:06:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Nahhhh…. My particular experience with the Charger going full bore past me lights and sirens was at least a year to maybe 5 years before covid.

Yeah, I was like “Fayetteville has enough money to have a police department?”

But I did notice one of the times I drove through there, they did have a surplus HMMV parked outside of their firehousez.

Sooo….somebody there must be good at writing requests for grants or filling out apps for things like a surplus HMMV….

Or (automated?) license plate reader cameras.

View Quote

HA, That Hummer is in the same spot every time I pass through. I just figured it was a VFW type monument and never gets driven.....
They do have a boat ramp. Maybe its a boat recovery emergency vehicle! Yes, the town is THAT podunk.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 9:08:04 PM EDT
[#34]
State troopers put an automated license plate reader on the road next to the farm service facility to try to catch anhydrous thieves, that I drive by multiple times a day to get to or from my house. Had dozens of NCIC lookups as a result, which led to being harassed by every police agency everywhere for like a year.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 9:11:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Our retired cop who posted above about Fayetteville having an (automated) license plate reader camera on the Route 4 part of the highway just north of that town and then again another camera (s) east of that town has me wondering….

Did my NCIC get pinged a second time as I traveled east out of that town?

And then say 4 to 6 hours later on my trip back home, did either camera ping my NCIC?

Or is there some software that lets the two cameras talk to each other and keep them from over-pinging NCIC.

And…..here’s the thing….

Regardless if one or both cameras pinged or did NOT ping NCIC all 4 times on that day, my license plate number is still in their database and is searchable…. Forever.

Link Posted: 3/22/2023 9:11:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude, there is no personal information offered up in those databases.  All that is offered is general vehicle manufacturer information, like make, model, year, engine, transmission and etc. on any vehicle."
Why mislead people by posting erroneous information???
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 9:13:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

That’s very true.

But, my interest meter is pegged, so I am going to have to take a closer look at those other NCIC pings.

For me….personally, the only reason I ever travel through Fayetteville is to go to the World Shooting Complex.

View Quote

I've lived 30 miles away from it for almost 20 yrs and have only been there twice. Once for an Appleseed shoot and once for a Charlie Daniels concert. I should really get out more often.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 9:19:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
B.  
Private contractors do it and sell the service to the PD or local govt.
View Quote

That's how it works in my town...Hell, I think they even setup the cameras "for free."
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 9:40:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Option c.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 9:41:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not without cross referencing cell phone tower data.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 9:54:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

What about RFID?
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 9:54:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
My work has access to NCIC and it's a huge no no to look anyone up if it's not official business.

But how you'd even know is beyond me.
View Quote

I’ve been out of the biz for over a decade but I remember a query had to be attached to a case number.

Do stolen plates/vehicles go through NCIC? That would explain a plate reader query.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 11:09:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

HA, That Hummer is in the same spot every time I pass through. I just figured it was a VFW type monument and never gets driven.....
They do have a boat ramp. Maybe its a boat recovery emergency vehicle! Yes, the town is THAT podunk.
View Quote

I just figured that particular Hummer was just a ragged out POS already, and Fayetteville doesn’t have the funds to repair it enough to get it running again.

Link Posted: 3/22/2023 11:15:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I’ve been out of the biz for over a decade but I remember a query had to be attached to a case number.

Do stolen plates/vehicles go through NCIC? That would explain a plate reader query.
View Quote

In this packet of papers ….of NCIC queries I was flipping through the other day, I did notice that one of them said my state I.D. Number was say something like OU812…..which is NOT my driver’s license number.

Sooo….that also makes me.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 11:15:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I just figured that particular Hummer was just a ragged out POS already, and Fayetteville doesn’t have the funds to repair it enough to get it running again.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If it's surplus they get that stuff cheap. Think they just have to pay for delivery costs. Same with the M16's they get.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 11:34:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any PIs on you lately?

Unscrupulous PIs will often pay local cops to run an NCIC on a subject. The going rate last time I heard was north of $50 cash and more usually done by lower paid personnel (small town low pay) and preferably outside the searchers jurisdiction (so we can all say woopsie, me and my fat fingers mistyped another request)

Just saying...

Yea.   We use them at work.
Address.  People that live in the house with you.  Every house you have lived in. SSN.  If you are arrested.  Color of your car.  Any assets in your name.  Etc.

Had a guy skip court on us. Went to his house.  Talked with his wife.  Quickly figured out that he was lying.  A quick check revealed he had a cabin a few miles away and he had a blue suburban plate number XXX XXXX. Quick drive over and sure as shit he was hiding there.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 11:39:52 PM EDT
[#47]
What is NCIC
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 11:40:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

As in why is a Federal database containing State related data???

View Quote

Would you believe that both are working together to suppress everyone's Rights?

You heard it here first.

Link Posted: 3/22/2023 11:41:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
State troopers put an automated license plate reader on the road next to the farm service facility to try to catch anhydrous thieves, that I drive by multiple times a day to get to or from my house. Had dozens of NCIC lookups as a result, which led to being harassed by every police agency everywhere for like a year.
View Quote

Tin foil too much.....

Running a plate isn't going to generate more interest in you. There is NO WAY any cop is just going to get the info on how, when, and where your plate was ran and cause an increase in interest for you.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 11:44:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

LPR systems rarely auto-run a person based off a DMV response. What they run is a database comparison of  wanted vehicles, persons, etc.

Either way, unless the OP has a special file for query requests and is part of a .gov agency, something does not seem realistic.

It would require an offline search and the OP would still not be provided all the info on who ran it. It would only list a terminal ID. He would then need to request a terminal ID ownership.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top