Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 5:55:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Is the dog barking at you, or with you?

Jk, but seriously, is it barking at you or other noises? If it's you, I'd ask the owner if they mind you befriending it... barring it being a vicious man eater.

Quoted:
OP needs to fuck the dogs mom to establish dominance.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 6:05:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
People who let their dogs bark nonstop are shitbags.

And the people who defend those people are also shitbags.
View Quote

This is very true. It’s amazing that our society has a percentage of people that simply don’t have enough consideration to think that maybe, just maybe everyone doesn’t want to listen to their dog bark. It is a problem in most neighborhoods. Having worked in an HOA I can tell you some people are just blind to the fact that their dog is severely impeding on someone else’s comforts in life. There have been lawsuits in these matters and typically the dog owner loses.
Another type of person we see that is oblivious to the consideration of others is typically the young people that drive around in their cars and want to share their music with everyone. They think they are being very generous when they buy speakers so loud that everyone can hear it, but they are so obtuse that they just can’t comprehend why others don’t like their type of music.
Our narcissistic society has produced some incredibly dense individuals that simply don’t understand a world outside of themselves.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 6:09:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Get off your patio chair,  knock on neighbors door,  invite puppy and owner over.
Discuss an achievable outcome like responsible adults?
View Quote

It doesn’t work, I’ve tried it. The response was “he’s just doing what dogs are supposed to do”.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 8:10:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

It doesn’t work, I’ve tried it. The response was “he’s just doing what dogs are supposed to do”.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Get off your patio chair,  knock on neighbors door,  invite puppy and owner over.
Discuss an achievable outcome like responsible adults?

Correct.

Those people are big enough self centered assholes that they will view themselves as being the victim once you “challenge” what they’re doing.

Oftentimes, simply bringing it to their attention, whether politely or aggressively, will only worsen the situation.

Link Posted: 10/15/2023 8:13:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I live in a townhome. The neighbor next door has a dog that barks at every little noise. Now the weather is awesome but opening the windows/sitting on the porch is unbearable. The neighbor won’t do anything about it despite attempts to ask her to prevent the barking. I don’t want to hurt the dog & I don’t want any LE attention so what does the brain trust recommend? I wish they still sold m-80s but they don’t.
View Quote

Why do you fear both the police and hurting the dog?
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 8:23:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I live in a townhome. The neighbor next door has a dog that barks at every little noise. Now the weather is awesome but opening the windows/sitting on the porch is unbearable. The neighbor won’t do anything about it despite attempts to ask her to prevent the barking. I don’t want to hurt the dog & I don’t want any LE attention so what does the brain trust recommend? I wish they still sold m-80s but they don’t.
View Quote

I'm sure the " my property my rights "  'tards have already given you a beat down but I'm on your side.  No one should endure daily, constant noise of any kind from a neighboring property.

If all attempts at being reasonable and rational with her have failed, your only recourse is the following.

1) If you have an H.O.A. get them involved.

2) If your municipality has a noise ordinance, and the dog is barking during the hours that is in affect, call the fucking cops on her.   I generally don't advocate calling the cops, but there are times you have to get them involved.

3) Make her life miserable in a way that won't affect other neighbors.  

If none of the above works, moving is the correct answer.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 8:26:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

This is very true. It’s amazing that our society has a percentage of people that simply don’t have enough consideration to think that maybe, just maybe everyone doesn’t want to listen to their dog bark. It is a problem in most neighborhoods. Having worked in an HOA I can tell you some people are just blind to the fact that their dog is severely impeding on someone else’s comforts in life. There have been lawsuits in these matters and typically the dog owner loses.
Another type of person we see that is oblivious to the consideration of others is typically the young people that drive around in their cars and want to share their music with everyone. They think they are being very generous when they buy speakers so loud that everyone can hear it, but they are so obtuse that they just can’t comprehend why others don’t like their type of music.
Our narcissistic society has produced some incredibly dense individuals that simply don’t understand a world outside of themselves.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not only narcissistic behavior, it's this thinking that because you own a home or piece of property that you can do fuck-all on it with no regard given to how your actions are impacting your neighbors quality of life, it's part of the whole " my property, my rights " mentality that is common here on this site and elsewhere.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 8:27:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Time to learn to play the drums
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 8:28:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Is it a rental or do you own it? They must have either an office or a HOA, no?

We lived in a neighborhood and had some people that lived catty-cornered to us. They would leave their Weimaraner outside all the time. The dog barked at everything. I tried being cordial and asking them to take the dog in and other suggestions. Nope, they didn't give a shit who their dog bothered.

We used to have a set of airhorns. We (actually the hubby did) put the airhorns, pointed at the their house, just over the fence connected to a 12v battery. He let those things wail for a couple of minutes. Holy fuck were they loud. I mean LOUD!

After he disconnected them, we hear their sliding glass door open and the wife yelled "FUUUUUCK YOOOOOOOU!, and the door slams shut" I was on the floor laughing like a hyena. It got better for a little while. We decided that living where you are that close to other people is not for us. People can be assholes.

Good luck OP. As much as I love dogs, I don't want to hear them barking non-stop... or at all really. My pup barks a couple of times to come in. We let her in. No more barking.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 8:32:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Guys, I think OP means the neighbor's dog is INSIDE THE HOUSE barking and he can hear it through the shared wall.

Townhouse = duplex (or triplex or quadriplex) at least one wall is shared with the neighbor.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 8:41:55 AM EDT
[#11]
500 watt amplifier facing common wall.

Plays “FUNKY TOWN” re-mix on a loop.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 8:42:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Guys, I think OP means the neighbor's dog is INSIDE THE HOUSE barking and he can hear it through the shared wall.

Townhouse = duplex (or triplex or quadriplex) at least one wall is shared with the neighbor.
View Quote

While I'm well aware of how painfully thin the walls are on a townhouse, OP said that he can't open windows or sit on the porch so it sounds like the dog is outside.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 8:53:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I can tell you from experience that LOUD Mexican Dancing Music played on a loop 24/7 at 79.5 db will bring the shit bag to the table for negotiation. Our county had rules stating anything above 80 db was not allowed. I had a $2K device against the plastic db meter the cops carried. Pretty clear case. Guy was a judge. Fuck him.
View Quote

This sounds like a winner.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 10:00:40 AM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

Works on two of the 3 neighbors barking mutts, but it doesn't work at all on their dobie mix.
At first I thought he might be deaf, but then realized that he will bark at any noise, even if it is a block away.

So in other words I have one of those gadgets to sell that is in really nice shape.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 10:15:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Hire some professionals to take care of the problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdW_4fTejSw
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 10:16:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Have you tried talking to the dog?
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/15/2023 10:23:12 AM EDT
[#17]
That sucks. Hopefully the ultrasonic thing works. Don’t hurt the dog, that kind of behavior usually comes from either neurotic or in attentive owners. I would say I would take a barking dog over annoying music, construction noises, idiot working on car/motorcycle jet ski, yelling fucking kids or constant fighting neighbors. It’s the most ignorable kind of noise, but even that gets on your nerves if you can’t sit on your porch or yard without being yapped to death.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 10:30:24 AM EDT
[#18]
These things work awesome. I had a handheld one and my dog absolutely hated it LOL

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 10:37:04 AM EDT
[#19]
had a similar problem owner did no care when talked with about the issue, I grabbed the garden hose hung it on the fence, dog barked at 6am when let out I stood on a stepstool and hosed the dog down... only took a couple times and the dog was done.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 10:38:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
training both dog and owner! LOL
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Get one of those air horns. When ever Fido starts barking, give him a blast. It'll scare the shit out of him and alert your inconsiderate neighbor that the dog is being annoying.
https://i5.walmartimages.com/seo/Ozark-Trail-Boat-Accessories-Sports-and-Marine-Safety-Air-Horn-8-oz_75676abd-0ee1-48d3-8a1d-63477c7db1d5.c21324b3141411013d613b22e1f62b17.jpeg?odnHeight=2000&odnWidth=2000&odnBg=FFFFFF
training both dog and owner! LOL

I love airhorns! One of my fondest memories is being at the F1 race in Indie about 20 years ago. My army buddy was with us and there was a guy behind him with an airhorn. The third time that guy lit off that horn I thought my buddy was gonna kill him.

Apparently so did he, because he moved away from us and didn't use the horn again.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 10:44:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
There are you tube videos out there with silent dog whistle sounds.
View Quote

This worked for me against the dog next door. Set up a bluetooth speaker 4 feet from the fence. Tried a few different videos, 10-30 minutes at a time, until I found one that the dog's barking tapered off to.

The other option I had been considering if that didn't work was to record their dog barking and run it through my stereo pointed in their direction. I figured I'd call in a couple noise complaints just to document it, and then let that all play however it would.

Ended up moving due to the landlord's 'barking'.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 10:56:58 AM EDT
[#22]
640 Debarker

The Morbark 640 Debarker is a multi-purpose debarker that can be utilized in chip plants and sawmills and will accept soft woods or hardwoods.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 11:06:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
There are not many things more annoying than an undisciplined barking dog. It does grate on the nerves. My sympathies to OP.
View Quote

A barking dog is probably the most grating sound that I can think of. It's like an ice pick stabbing my brain. It's basically inescapable unless you have some land in the middle of nowhere. Everywhere I have ever lived has had a constantly barking dog within a couple hundred yards of it.

My neighbor chains his dog in the backyard at 08:00 every morning. I know what time it is by what time I start hearing the barking. I tend to work late and often get in bed at about 02:00. I like to sleep in a bit past 08:00, but I never can with that constant yapping sound.

I know GD is full of dog lovers. Yeah, they are cute and all... but how they hell can you stand listening to that sound all day? If I walked around the neighborhood blowing an air horn all day, someone would probably punch me in the face, an rightfully so.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 11:19:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I wonder if those really work as advertised?

I've got a neighbor that has  5 or 6 hunting dogs and has for the 43 years I've lived here. Every now and then one of the current batch of hounds will be a constant barker. There is one now that has had me reaching fir the rifle more than once. But he is just doing dog stuff which includes barking.

Maybe an ultrasonic emitter would be the ticket.  I may give that a shot instead of the dog.

View Quote
I cant vouch for that specific one but ultrasonic sound devices do the trick.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 12:00:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Your are correct.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 12:10:51 PM EDT
[#26]
You need to bang the owner and wolf stare the dog while screaming "this is what happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass!"

Then piss on both of them to firmly establish dominance and enjoy your results
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 12:14:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Half a Xanax in a hot dog should give you a peaceful evening on the porch.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 2:43:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
You should have your husband handle this thing.
View Quote

Bullshit response to an honest question.  Very edgy indeed.  
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 7:41:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Bitch about it on Nextdoor. Say you’re hearing gunshots and your power is out while you’re at it.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 7:46:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You should have your husband handle this thing.

Sadly Arfcom has a lot of children here who need to grow up.

A barking dog is extremely annoying.

Link Posted: 10/15/2023 7:56:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

I can never spend 2 minutes outside without hearing some faggot's dog barking, usually more than one. Fucking infuriating.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 7:56:35 PM EDT
[#32]
You think you have a barking dog problem.

You don’t.

You have an asshole neighbor problem.

The only solution is to make that neighbor’s life a living hell until they decide to negotiate about the noisy dog.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 8:41:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Add in the shit heads that get you a two for one, barking and free range. Of course I never have what I need when I need it to SSS. And I don't mean the shovel, in Minecraft only of course. These Bastards have destroyed more shit around the house than a toddler.  Boxes with things in them in the car port, battery charger cable, air hose for portable air compresser, my 2 acres is a moon scape under the grass.

Used to take hour hour and a half to mow, now it can go up to two and half to 3 because you can't let the zero turn rip. Owners have a single wide on one acre, the 4 dogs run all over creation causing havoc on my property and any neighbors in a 40 acre area.

Same shit heads as soon as they moved in started ripping up and down a shared drive during and after a rain causing wash outs and potholes.  Told one of them to pass on to the others to slow roll when wet so as to preserve the drive. Deaf ears, also used to clear branches and what not to keep the drive clear.

Unless it prohibits the movement of my pick up truck, it lies where it fell until they drag their ass out of their Kia's to move it.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 8:50:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Sue them. Bring a Bluetooth speaker to court and just hit play when the judge sits down. Do an hour long of this while you guys explain each side of the case.

Link Posted: 10/15/2023 10:14:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Could be worse. It took my neighbor a few years to get his fucking Great Dane from leaving huge piles of shit on my lawn.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 10:18:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Talk to the neighbors.  Only assholes let their dogs bark incessantly.

Barking dogs plague me wherever I move.  I’m either cursed or there’s a lot of assholes.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 11:06:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 11:31:26 PM EDT
[#38]
I'll take a barking dog over the fucktard with the modified diesel 3/4ton pickup that howls every m-f morning for 30 min at 3:30am to 4am to "warm up". Fucking high pitched turbo type howl that you can hear clearly 40yds away with the windows SHUT. USually starts most the neighbor dogs barking also. Yes the police have been there a few times over it (I didnt call but I guarantee the guy across the street from him does it). It drives Barrett nuts when it wakes him which in turn wakes me with his "protective pug bark & growls".
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 12:30:36 AM EDT
[#39]
i've heard nestles chocolate chip morsels thrown over the fence works.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 1:42:37 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
i've heard nestles chocolate chip morsels thrown over the fence works.
View Quote

Oh yeah because committing federal animal abuse felonies is warranted. I’m sure the rules protect shit bags like you here though, so I guess we can all just assume what should be done.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 1:57:37 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
move

View Quote

That's NOT a bad answer if you can move. But make damn sure you don't go somewhere that you can get the same scenario again.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 2:01:08 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

You are 100% correct you sumbitch!
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 2:02:27 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
There are not many things more annoying than an undisciplined barking dog. It does grate on the nerves. My sympathies to OP.
View Quote

Makes me berserk after losing sleep all night and losing a days work the next day because of it. I blocked the neighbors driveway with my car one early one morning and waited for him to come outside so I could kick his white collar faggot little ass.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 2:09:46 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Have your boyfriend talk to the owner
View Quote

You're just so smart. You can talk all you want to some people about their unlicensed dirt bike, barking dogs, or 2AM loud paties. With many their answer is "Fuck you!" You're not paying my rent. Don't tell me what to do. Now GTFO of here" Then what are you going to do Mr tough guy?
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 2:51:50 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

This worked for me against the dog next door. Set up a bluetooth speaker 4 feet from the fence. Tried a few different videos, 10-30 minutes at a time, until I found one that the dog's barking tapered off to.

The other option I had been considering if that didn't work was to record their dog barking and run it through my stereo pointed in their direction. I figured I'd call in a couple noise complaints just to document it, and then let that all play however it would.

Ended up moving due to the landlord's 'barking'.
View Quote

I didn’t realize that those little Bluetooth jobs could play such high notes at a high enough volume to matter.  Interesting.

ETA:  they don’t.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 2:59:13 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I didn’t realize that those little Bluetooth jobs could play such high notes at a high enough volume to matter.  Interesting.

ETA:  they don’t.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/405585/547B7078-CADB-4A84-9A3A-ADD07DAA9A14_png-2993671.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/405585/9AD68137-3927-4FE0-B8D8-EA140960B7FD_jpe-2993672.JPG
View Quote

Interesting on the frequency

I need to re tune my system
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 3:09:46 AM EDT
[#47]
at least it isn't a beagle. They'll go AROOOOOO all night if you let em
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 4:22:11 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well said.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 4:25:25 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/16/2023 4:48:53 AM EDT
[#50]
My daughter got one of these and it worked very well:

https://www.amazon.com/DOGTEK-Sonic-Control-Outdoor-Indoor/dp/B00ESMUWS6
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top