Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

New Missing Member Thread (Page 49 of 53)
Page / 53
Link Posted: 9/21/2024 3:20:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 67Firebird:

Yes. 7/4/2024.

View Quote

I know you cant say why, but trolling is my “guess”.

I called him out numerous times, and had pretty good evidence of his many retread/troll accounts.

Good riddance.
Link Posted: 9/21/2024 4:11:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FivespeedF150] [#2]
Originally Posted By The_Beer_Slayer:

i started noticing it around the obama administration. covid finally just broke a lot of people mentally. isolation, bombardment by disinformation from all sides, family and friends turning on each other upended a lot of peoples worlds.
i have watched guys here i had a lot of respect for and liked for years just lose their shit and become completely unbearable.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Skywarp2203:I’ve seen a few blame Covid for society as a whole for being angrier lately.   I think it was a few years prior.   Just seems like everyone’s tampon is lit.

i started noticing it around the obama administration. covid finally just broke a lot of people mentally. isolation, bombardment by disinformation from all sides, family and friends turning on each other upended a lot of peoples worlds.
i have watched guys here i had a lot of respect for and liked for years just lose their shit and become completely unbearable.
We all certainly remember the 'teener phenomenon but the COVID/Election/Ukraine thing has been a serious combo of punches.
Link Posted: 9/21/2024 4:17:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AC_Doctor] [#3]
Originally Posted By FivespeedF150:
We all certainly remember the 'teener phenomenon but the COVID/Election/Ukraine thing has been a seriously combo of punches.
View Quote

Yes, I totally agree, but intimate discussions about personal matters does help with mental health issues.
Link Posted: 9/21/2024 7:08:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/21/2024 7:11:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/21/2024 7:14:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By THR-Thumper:

Still kickin’, bro.

View Quote

Good to see you around!
Link Posted: 9/21/2024 7:24:03 PM EDT
[#7]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Skywarp2203:

I’ve seen a few blame Covid for society as a whole for being angrier lately.   I think it was a few years prior.   Just seems like everyone’s tampon is lit.

9/11 brought our country together for a little while.  When it became apparent FBHO was going to win, I also noticed a distinct "change".  Mainly in the firearms/shooting hobbies.  Public ranges that were mostly deserted before became three-ring circuses mid 2007 or so.  Anyway, sorry for the little derail, but you are right.  The FBHO era was the start of the current madness IMO.
Link Posted: 9/21/2024 7:58:12 PM EDT
[#8]

discussions yes. but the folks we are talking about rapidly became incapable of discussion and just wanted to tell people they are wrong and fight about it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AC_Doctor:

Yes, I totally agree, but intimate discussions about personal matters does help with mental health issues.

discussions yes. but the folks we are talking about rapidly became incapable of discussion and just wanted to tell people they are wrong and fight about it.

Generally speaking, the larger current event and political threads tend to do that. That's why I never go in those.

In any discussion about a large event, policy, candidate, etc people are drawn to a binary choice. When challenged legitimately, either side, they get very defensive.
Link Posted: 9/21/2024 8:05:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By sheltot:

Sorry, banned in August.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sheltot:
Originally Posted By colklink:
Bartholomew_Roberts? Life member, from Texas? Haven't seen him post in awhile. He is a pretty sharp dude, hopefully he didn't get the ban hammer.

Sorry, banned in August.

That's a surprise. At least to me.

Link Posted: 9/21/2024 8:11:45 PM EDT
[#10]
What about spartanatheart?

He was some sheltered 20-something who Posted a bunch of  (unintentionally) hilarious threads about his misadventures.

Link Posted: 9/21/2024 8:17:20 PM EDT
[#11]
We all certainly remember the 'teener phenomenon but the COVID/Election/Ukraine thing has been a serious combo of punches.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Skywarp2203:I’ve seen a few blame Covid for society as a whole for being angrier lately.   I think it was a few years prior.   Just seems like everyone’s tampon is lit.

How could I not remember that?
Link Posted: 9/21/2024 8:18:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/22/2024 10:51:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Mech2007:

That's a surprise. At least to me.

View Quote

Me too. I don't recall him every posting anything that looked like it would be over the line.
Link Posted: 9/22/2024 1:27:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Havent seen HappyLifeNoWife in a while. Did he finally pull the plug, or snap and get banned?

He may have had an underscore between each word in his username??
Link Posted: 9/22/2024 1:29:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FivespeedF150] [#15]
Originally Posted By 3BP:
Havent seen HappyLifeNoWife in a while. Did he finally pull the plug, or snap and get banned?

View All Quotes

IIRC it's the middle, HappyLife_NoWife
Originally Posted By exDefensorMilitas:

How could I not remember that?
After a decade I think you're safe. Even the 202X accounts have out-teener'd the OGs.
Link Posted: 9/22/2024 1:37:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Haven't noticed Erin Smith lately. (EESmith if memory serves)
Link Posted: 9/22/2024 1:39:02 PM EDT
[#17]
haven't seen @eagarminuteman in a minute.
Link Posted: 9/22/2024 1:39:26 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

I don't think he got banned I think he just stopped coming. I really liked talking with him, big car guy and we shared a taste in the ridiculous.
Link Posted: 9/22/2024 1:39:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By McGuy:
View Quote

I think I saw him post within the last week?
Link Posted: 9/22/2024 1:46:26 PM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes

Yeah, in the offshore rig thread.
Link Posted: 9/22/2024 1:46:48 PM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes

Good. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/22/2024 1:48:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Here's one:  I think the name was Darkstar117.  IIRC he was an AF ordnance person downrange - posted pics of a dud mortar round that landed in their compound.
Link Posted: 9/22/2024 2:06:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By JLPettimoreIII:
haven't seen @eagarminuteman in a minute.
View Quote

I’m still alive, you just have to know where to look for me lol

We haven’t had a good SS thread in a while so that’s prolly why you don’t see me

@JLPettimoreIII
Link Posted: 9/22/2024 2:07:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By eagarminuteman:

I'm still alive, you just have to know where to look for me lol

We haven't had a good SS thread in a while so that's prolly why you don't see me

@JLPettimoreIII
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/22/2024 2:09:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 67Firebird] [#25]
Link Posted: 9/22/2024 2:11:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/22/2024 2:18:45 PM EDT
[#27]
View All Quotes

The decision to let arfcom be a safe place for Q and Covid shenanigans made arfcom a magnet for people from Reddit and the chans.

Its rewritten the tenor of the site.
Link Posted: 9/22/2024 2:19:59 PM EDT
[#28]

Not banned.

Last Login Date
12/18/2022 11:29:39 PM CDT
Last Post Date
12/18/2022 11:38:44 PM CDT

F150 was right, it's IIRC it's the middle, HappyLife_NoWife
View All Quotes
Havent seen HappyLifeNoWife in a while.

Not banned.

Last Login Date
12/18/2022 11:29:39 PM CDT
Last Post Date
12/18/2022 11:38:44 PM CDT

F150 was right, it's IIRC it's the middle, HappyLife_NoWife
Well shit, if you'd asked me I'd have thought he was posting as recently as a couple of months ago.
Link Posted: 9/22/2024 2:29:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/22/2024 4:04:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:

I don't think he got banned I think he just stopped coming. I really liked talking with him, big car guy and we shared a taste in the ridiculous.
View Quote

Seemed like an angry sum bitch most days. Hell I posted something in a car thread and he lit into me about being the piece of shit that bought and oxford white standard can F150 and parked in the middle of six identical trucks, but expected him to drop everything to work on my car…..🤣

He was clearly having a bad day!
Link Posted: 9/22/2024 4:09:14 PM EDT
[#31]

Seemed like an angry sum bitch most days. Hell I posted something in a car thread and he lit into me about being the piece of shit that bought and oxford white standard can F150 and parked in the middle of six identical trucks, but expected him to drop everything to work on my car…..🤣

View All Quotes

He was awesome. I think you just needed to identify. I've worked in automotive so I definitely could.

I'm also laughing because he definitely said that, it sounds like him
Link Posted: 9/22/2024 8:03:36 PM EDT
[#32]

He was awesome. I think you just needed to identify. I've worked in automotive so I definitely could.

I'm also laughing because he definitely said that, it sounds like him
View Quote

Yeah. He had me dead wrong, but definitely vented on my dumb ass!  I couldn't even be mad at him….

Link Posted: 9/23/2024 2:24:05 PM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes

I've seen a few blame Covid for society as a whole for being angrier lately.   I think it was a few years prior.   Just seems like everyone's tampon is lit.

I saw a lot of that in real life too. It was upsetting because these were people I thought I knew well. Unbearable is a good word. Obnoxious is another.
Link Posted: 9/23/2024 9:03:33 PM EDT
[#34]
A poster a while back, from serbia I think used to post club shots of hot serbian women, and had good insight on the goings on in that area of the world.

Had and avatar similar to this.

Link Posted: 9/23/2024 9:52:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 5:55:58 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By high-drag_low-speed:
A poster a while back, from serbia I think used to post club shots of hot serbian women, and had good insight on the goings on in that area of the world.

Had and avatar similar to this.

https://i.imgur.com/M9Um8uj.jpg
View Quote

How the hell did I miss that and why the fuck didn't somebody @ me?
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 6:08:29 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By RTX:

How the hell did I miss that and why the fuck didn't somebody @ me?
View Quote

Might have been before your time here. I see some of the user names
and it seem like I just read one of their posts. Turns out it was 10 years ago...
Link Posted: 9/26/2024 11:04:46 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By JAD762:
The decision to let arfcom be a safe place for Q and Covid shenanigans made arfcom a magnet for people from Reddit and the chans.

View Quote

This.

I completely ignored all the Q crap at the time, but boy did things go downhill from there. Take your pick - Ukraine, Covid, Trump - Q made all of them exponentially worse for the tone of discussion.
Link Posted: 9/26/2024 11:33:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DK-Prof] [#39]
Link Posted: 9/26/2024 12:22:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:

It was a problem looooong before the Q crap.  It started around 2008 IIRC, when a lot of Ron Paul supporters descended on the site (presumably from Reddit or the chans).  They are the ones who started the trends that we later saw with Q, Trump, COVID, etc.  This drew in more people from the chans, who didn't really care about the site or guns, and just saw it as a playground that was fun to troll.

They would shit in as many threads as they could, trying to make everything about the topic they were interested in (i.e. Ron Paul).
They would attack anyone who didn't agree completely with them, accusing them of hating freedom, not loving America, etc.
They would use childish insults against anyone who disagreed with them
They were the people who started the whole "cuck" garbage, calling mainstream conservatives "cuckservatives" for not supporting Ron Paul
They were the ones who wanted to be able to attack anyone who disagreed with them, but DEMANDED protection and "safe" threads in which nobody was allowed to criticize them

Because they were not actually conservatives, but libertarians and Mobys, they didn't really give a shit about traditional conservative values, and would happily shit all over religion, not care about abortion, not really care that much about immigration, typically be fairly anti-military, etc ... but if you disagreed with them, they'd attack you for being un-American and hating freedom.  Most of them probably didn't even own guns.

... sound familiar?

(And staff/mods were slow to react to this, and for years we were not sure how to respond ... which let the problem fester and become entrenched.  Definitely a failure on our part. )
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:
Originally Posted By JAD762:

This.

I completely ignored all the Q crap at the time, but boy did things go downhill from there. Take your pick - Ukraine, Covid, Trump - Q made all of them exponentially worse for the tone of discussion.

It was a problem looooong before the Q crap.  It started around 2008 IIRC, when a lot of Ron Paul supporters descended on the site (presumably from Reddit or the chans).  They are the ones who started the trends that we later saw with Q, Trump, COVID, etc.  This drew in more people from the chans, who didn't really care about the site or guns, and just saw it as a playground that was fun to troll.

They would shit in as many threads as they could, trying to make everything about the topic they were interested in (i.e. Ron Paul).
They would attack anyone who didn't agree completely with them, accusing them of hating freedom, not loving America, etc.
They would use childish insults against anyone who disagreed with them
They were the people who started the whole "cuck" garbage, calling mainstream conservatives "cuckservatives" for not supporting Ron Paul
They were the ones who wanted to be able to attack anyone who disagreed with them, but DEMANDED protection and "safe" threads in which nobody was allowed to criticize them

Because they were not actually conservatives, but libertarians and Mobys, they didn't really give a shit about traditional conservative values, and would happily shit all over religion, not care about abortion, not really care that much about immigration, typically be fairly anti-military, etc ... but if you disagreed with them, they'd attack you for being un-American and hating freedom.  Most of them probably didn't even own guns.

... sound familiar?

(And staff/mods were slow to react to this, and for years we were not sure how to respond ... which let the problem fester and become entrenched.  Definitely a failure on our part. )

2009 is when I found this place. I thought the safespace thread for Ron Paul supporters was hilarious.

Which is why the outcry over safe space threads for Trump and N_T's and insults being thrown back and forth was funny to me. It had already been before and some of the bitching about it, was being done by people that were in those Ron Paul safespaces.
Link Posted: 9/26/2024 12:42:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Ron Paul thread. Now it's a party.

Link Posted: 9/26/2024 12:58:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By arowneragain:

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/26/2024 12:59:24 PM EDT
[#43]
I was a Ron Paul voter, but I wasn't retarded about it. And I guess I wasn't here for those shenanigans, but I do recall the term 'moby.' Now you mention it, it does sound familiar. Questioning the legitimacy of others and their views is a long-standing thing, affecting many areas. Tuck the Cuck who wore a bow tie on CNN or whatever. Both sides of Ukraine accusing the others of betraying all conservative values. All sad.

To the thread topic, any update on @Smashy ? His last update was early June I think, and I've heard or seen nothing since. He had been making progress on getting care for his multiple maladies, but then dropped out completely. I'm genuinely concerned and feeling bad about him (not that I'm in a position to do anything about it).
Link Posted: 9/26/2024 1:00:13 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

Yes, the crafty professor did a shrewd thread slide.
Link Posted: 9/26/2024 2:13:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/26/2024 3:46:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/26/2024 4:06:36 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

@Lug1

Link Posted: 9/26/2024 4:27:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Scrote:

@Lug1

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Scrote:

@Lug1

Link Posted: 9/26/2024 10:28:18 PM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

I miss his 6-7 paragraph long posts.
Link Posted: 9/26/2024 10:45:07 PM EDT
[#50]

I miss his 6-7 paragraph long posts.
View Quote

He seemed like a good guy, but on the brink of wanting to smash retards.

I also miss the bigtexan thread @Skywarp2203
Page / 53
New Missing Member Thread (Page 49 of 53)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top