Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

New Missing Member Thread (Page 50 of 53)
Page / 53
Link Posted: 9/26/2024 10:51:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 67Firebird:

Last Login Date
6/5/2024 2:40:09 AM CDT
Last Post Date
6/5/2024 3:12:55 AM CDT
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:
To the thread topic, any update on @Smashy ? His last update was early June I think, and I've heard or seen nothing since. He had been making progress on getting care for his multiple maladies, but then dropped out completely. I'm genuinely concerned and feeling bad about him (not that I'm in a position to do anything about it).

Last Login Date
Last Post Date

Link Posted: 9/26/2024 10:55:30 PM EDT
[#2]

View Quote

That's not good.
Link Posted: 9/26/2024 11:07:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mooreshawnm] [#3]
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:

It was a problem looooong before the Q crap.  It started around 2008 IIRC, when a lot of Ron Paul supporters descended on the site (presumably from Reddit or the chans).  They are the ones who started the trends that we later saw with Q, Trump, COVID, etc.  This drew in more people from the chans, who didn't really care about the site or guns, and just saw it as a playground that was fun to troll.

They would shit in as many threads as they could, trying to make everything about the topic they were interested in (i.e. Ron Paul).
They would attack anyone who didn't agree completely with them, accusing them of hating freedom, not loving America, etc.
They would use childish insults against anyone who disagreed with them
They were the people who started the whole "cuck" garbage, calling mainstream conservatives "cuckservatives" for not supporting Ron Paul
They were the ones who wanted to be able to attack anyone who disagreed with them, but DEMANDED protection and "safe" threads in which nobody was allowed to criticize them

Because they were not actually conservatives, but libertarians and Mobys, they didn't really give a shit about traditional conservative values, and would happily shit all over religion, not care about abortion, not really care that much about immigration, typically be fairly anti-military, etc ... but if you disagreed with them, they'd attack you for being un-American and hating freedom.  Most of them probably didn't even own guns.

... sound familiar?

(And staff/mods were slow to react to this, and for years we were not sure how to respond ... which let the problem fester and become entrenched.  Definitely a failure on our part. )
View Quote

I don’t recall ever seeing or hearing cuck prior to 2016.

But on the thread topic if we could offer GD amnesty to sylvan and let screech jet, lug and Spartacus come back I would be a happy camper. I know that is wishful thinking.
Link Posted: 9/26/2024 11:14:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Notcalifornialegal] [#4]

View Quote

That's very much not good. Do we have anyone who can check on him?
Link Posted: 9/26/2024 11:21:07 PM EDT
[#5]

It was a problem looooong before the Q crap.  It started around 2008 IIRC, when a lot of Ron Paul supporters descended on the site (presumably from Reddit or the chans).  They are the ones who started the trends that we later saw with Q, Trump, COVID, etc.  This drew in more people from the chans, who didn't really care about the site or guns, and just saw it as a playground that was fun to troll.

They would shit in as many threads as they could, trying to make everything about the topic they were interested in (i.e. Ron Paul).
They would attack anyone who didn't agree completely with them, accusing them of hating freedom, not loving America, etc.
They were the people who started the whole "cuck" garbage, calling mainstream conservatives "cuckservatives" for not supporting Ron Paul
They were the ones who wanted to be able to attack anyone who disagreed with them, but DEMANDED protection and "safe" threads in which nobody was allowed to criticize them

Because they were not actually conservatives, but libertarians and Mobys, they didn't really give a shit about traditional conservative values, and would happily shit all over religion, not care about abortion, not really care that much about immigration, typically be fairly anti-military, etc ... but if you disagreed with them, they'd attack you for being un-American and hating freedom.  Most of them probably didn't even own guns.

... sound familiar?

(And staff/mods were slow to react to this, and for years we were not sure how to respond ... which let the problem fester and become entrenched.  Definitely a failure on our part. )
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JAD762:
The decision to let arfcom be a safe place for Q and Covid shenanigans made arfcom a magnet for people from Reddit and the chans.

Its rewritten the tenor of the site.

This.

I completely ignored all the Q crap at the time, but boy did things go downhill from there. Take your pick - Ukraine, Covid, Trump - Q made all of them exponentially worse for the tone of discussion.

... sound familiar?

Wow.  I had no idea.  Thanks DK.  Great post.
Link Posted: 9/26/2024 11:25:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Notcalifornialegal:

View All Quotes

His thread went to archive, so there's no names. Somebody arranged deliveries to him, so somebody had at least an address but I don't know who. I don't know if anybody had been on the phone with him.
Link Posted: 9/26/2024 11:57:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: G1F2-EE] [#7]

His thread went to archive, so there's no names. Somebody arranged deliveries to him, so somebody had at least an address but I don't know who. I don't know if anybody had been on the phone with him.
View All Quotes

Are site staff able to see any more info on the archived thread, try to find someone who had contact with him

@DK-Prof
Link Posted: 9/27/2024 7:28:41 AM EDT
[#8]

... sound familiar?

View All Quotes
The decision to let arfcom be a safe place for Q and Covid shenanigans made arfcom a magnet for people from Reddit and the chans.

This.

I completely ignored all the Q crap at the time, but boy did things go downhill from there. Take your pick - Ukraine, Covid, Trump - Q made all of them exponentially worse for the tone of discussion.

... sound familiar?

I wasn’t around for that & I know you have a better perspective on these things and I completely agree that the Ron Paul mindset has significant overlap with whatever you want to call the current mindset.

But it seems like things accelerated around here starting around 2020. I think q and Covid had a lot to do with it.

Ed’s passing and Srs subsequent retirement was about the same time and also has had a big impact, so I’m sure theres multiple causes.
Link Posted: 9/27/2024 10:48:27 AM EDT
[#9]
What ever became of Juni4ling? I think he had a kangaroo avatar.
Link Posted: 9/27/2024 11:32:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/27/2024 11:40:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Banned 12/31/2023.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By panzersergeant:
What ever became of Juni4ling?
Banned 12/31/2023.

I remember when Madcap23 found his meme stash. It was hilarious. It was like 87 guy with scarf memes with just his thoughts written on them. They weren't even memes, it was just that picture with what he thought
Link Posted: 9/27/2024 11:43:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:

I remember when Madcap23 found his meme stash. It was hilarious. It was like 87 guy with scarf memes with just his thoughts written on them. They weren't even memes, it was just that picture with what he thought
View Quote

Wait, was that the guy who got caught posting under the same username on a different website about dick stretching or penis enlargement therapy or something like that? That was one of the funniest things I’ve seen in GD.
Link Posted: 9/27/2024 11:44:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By panzersergeant:
What ever became of Juni4ling? I think he had a kangaroo avatar.
View Quote

I don't care how much shit people talk about that guy, he sold me a Giraud annealer and a bunch of other nice stuff dirt cheap. Like, a huge reloading lot for under $1000. I remember selling the stuff I didn't need and making a profit while still keeping most of it. Maybe he stole that shit, who knows. I'll pour one out for him and Mitt Romney for that, I've used the shit out of that annealer over the years.
Link Posted: 9/27/2024 11:47:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Low_Country:

Wait, was that the guy who got caught posting under the same username on a different website about dick stretching or penis enlargement therapy or something like that? That was one of the funniest things I’ve seen in GD.
View All Quotes

I don't recall that.

I just remember he had the kangaroo avatar, and would defend Mormonism. Which is pretty reasonable since he's Mormon.

But the meme stash was turbo cringe. Like really really bad.
Link Posted: 9/27/2024 12:02:20 PM EDT
[#15]

View All Quotes

WTF?
Link Posted: 9/27/2024 2:07:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/27/2024 2:20:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Buzz69:

WTF?
View Quote

lol it was one of the funniest things I’ve read here. But I’ll feel pretty silly if nobody else remembers that.
Link Posted: 9/27/2024 2:27:19 PM EDT
[#18]

WTF?
View All Quotes

WTF?

Link Posted: 9/27/2024 2:28:38 PM EDT
[#19]

You are absolutely correct.

I was just commenting on when these things first started - but it has absolutley increased and accelerated since then, and both the 216 election and COVID hugely exacerbated the problem.
View All Quotes

This.

... sound familiar?

I wasn’t around for that & I know you have a better perspective on these things and I completely agree that the Ron Paul mindset has significant overlap with whatever you want to call the current mindset.

But it seems like things accelerated around here starting around 2020. I think q and Covid had a lot to do with it.

Ed’s passing and Srs subsequent retirement was about the same time and also has had a big impact, so I’m sure theres multiple causes.

You are absolutely correct.

I was just commenting on when these things first started - but it has absolutley increased and accelerated since then, and both the 216 election and COVID hugely exacerbated the problem.

Link Posted: 9/27/2024 2:29:15 PM EDT
[#20]

lol it was one of the funniest things I’ve read here. But I’ll feel pretty silly if nobody else remembers that.
View All Quotes

WTF?

I remember all of that playing out in the pit.
Link Posted: 9/27/2024 3:36:41 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

Couldn't have told you the screen name,  but I remember the incident.

Link Posted: 9/27/2024 4:32:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By 3BP:

He seemed like a good guy, but on the brink of wanting to smash retards.

I also miss the bigtexan thread @Skywarp2203
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 3BP:
Originally Posted By Skywarp2203:

I miss his 6-7 paragraph long posts.

He seemed like a good guy, but on the brink of wanting to smash retards.

I also miss the bigtexan thread @Skywarp2203

I’ve been too busy to watch the feed and lost in that thread.   Once it gets colder and I have more time I’ll start watching it again.
Link Posted: 9/27/2024 8:15:13 PM EDT
[#23]

lol it was one of the funniest things I've read here. But I'll feel pretty silly if nobody else remembers that.
View Quote
You are correct in your recollection.
Link Posted: 9/28/2024 8:52:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By JT_26:
You are correct in your recollection.
View Quote

Dang it! I dont remember it!
Link Posted: 9/28/2024 9:17:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/2/2024 10:22:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/2/2024 10:24:46 AM EDT
[#27]
You know who used to be two pretty cool posters I haven't seen in forever?

DoubleFeed and BeetleBailey.
Link Posted: 10/2/2024 10:28:30 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/2/2024 10:37:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By sheltot:

Neither of those show up, so not banned. There was a Beetle_Bailey, but I don't know if that's what you meant.
View Quote

These two:

https://www.ar15.com/member/user.html?id=12141

https://www.ar15.com/member/user.html?id=40640

DoubleFeed was a mod in GD for years, IIRC. One of the more level-headed ones, too.
Link Posted: 10/2/2024 11:20:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: perfectsilence] [#30]

View All Quotes

WTF?

Bro that was Deej

I laughed harder at that thread than pretty much any other. Of course we will see if there’s a Krampus 2024 thread this year.
Link Posted: 10/2/2024 11:24:51 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By perfectsilence:

Bro that was Deej

I laughed harder at that thread than pretty much any other. Of course will see if there’s a Krampus 2024 thread this year.
View All Quotes

WTF?

Bro that was Deej

I laughed harder at that thread than pretty much any other. Of course will see if there’s a Krampus 2024 thread this year.

Yeah, I thought that was Deej also.

Deej still has his YouTube page where he wanders around car lots finger fucking the cats.
Link Posted: 10/2/2024 11:34:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/2/2024 11:35:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: perfectsilence] [#33]
Originally Posted By treelow:

Deej still has his YouTube page where he wanders around car lots finger fucking the cats.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By treelow:

WTF?

Bro that was Deej

Link Posted: 10/2/2024 11:46:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/2/2024 11:46:55 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/2/2024 12:24:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/2/2024 12:56:15 PM EDT
[#37]

Back in my day, the only "trans" issue we had to worry about was the question of whether to send the 10th Legion to Trans-alpine Gaul or not.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Sierra5:

, and both the 216 election and COVID hugely exacerbated the problem.

Damn, you ARE old to remember that election

Back in my day, the only "trans" issue we had to worry about was the question of whether to send the 10th Legion to Trans-alpine Gaul or not.  

As long as they stayed out of Northwest Armorica…
Link Posted: 10/2/2024 1:27:09 PM EDT
[#38]

But the meme stash was turbo cringe. Like really really bad.

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/2/2024 1:51:37 PM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes

, and both the 216 election and COVID hugely exacerbated the problem.

You just know that election was a total fraud when the Praetorian Guards already decided who's going to be the emperor.
Link Posted: 10/2/2024 2:01:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/2/2024 2:16:19 PM EDT
[#42]

YOU FOUND IT!

View Quote

And there's more.  

It's an 11 on the 0-10 WTFuckometer.

Link Posted: 10/2/2024 3:01:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gingerbreadman] [#43]

Last Login Date
Last Post Date

View All Quotes
To the thread topic, any update on @Smashy ? His last update was early June I think, and I've heard or seen nothing since. He had been making progress on getting care for his multiple maladies, but then dropped out completely. I'm genuinely concerned and feeling bad about him (not that I'm in a position to do anything about it).

Last Login Date
Last Post Date

I sent him a text a few hours ago to see how he is doing, but I haven't heard anything back yet. Hopefully he's just busy or asleep. No point in worrying just yet, but I hope he responds.

Link Posted: 10/2/2024 8:02:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Just heard back from Smashy. He seems to be doing well, just took a break and needs to find his login info. I think he'll check in sooner or later.
Link Posted: 10/2/2024 8:12:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Gingerbreadman:
Just heard back from Smashy. He seems to be doing well, just took a break and needs to find his login info. I think he'll check in sooner or later.
View Quote

That’s really great to hear, thank you for checking in with him and updating us
Link Posted: 10/2/2024 8:14:23 PM EDT
[#46]

YOU FOUND IT!

View All Quotes

Who was this?
Link Posted: 10/2/2024 8:15:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Has @mrhiggs been paged yet.

Miss your posts man, hope all is well.
Link Posted: 10/2/2024 8:29:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Gingerbreadman:
View Quote
Excellent!
Link Posted: 10/2/2024 8:43:23 PM EDT
[#49]

YOU FOUND IT!

View All Quotes

Lol
Link Posted: 10/2/2024 8:57:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 53
New Missing Member Thread (Page 50 of 53)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top