BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 11:07:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Actually...this thing runs clean. Doesn't blow any smoke at all.  Just because it's a diesel doens't make it a brodozer. Sorry to disappoint you....
View Quote
You are right, the diesel doesn’t, but the shit ass monster sticker wheels and skinny sidewall tires do. I get it, to each their own... but, the whole “muh diesel” thing is overdone. Every time I see a brodozer (and yes, yours is, even if it’s just a wannabe) I know god killed yet another kitten. Sad.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 11:08:19 PM EDT
[#2]
You paid 12k for a 6.0?

Snort
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 11:13:55 PM EDT
[#3]
As a fellow driver of a 13 year old truck it looks better now. More modern.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 11:48:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You are right, the diesel doesn’t, but the shit ass monster sticker wheels and skinny sidewall tires do. I get it, to each their own... but, the whole “muh diesel” thing is overdone. Every time I see a brodozer (and yes, yours is, even if it’s just a wannabe) I know god killed yet another kitten. Sad.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually...this thing runs clean. Doesn't blow any smoke at all.  Just because it's a diesel doens't make it a brodozer. Sorry to disappoint you....
Skinny sidewall tires? They are the same size that come oem on a lot of factory trucks.....20" wheels are common, even 22" wheels.  Have you seen any new trucks lately?? I had the same 305/55/20 tires on my 04' Dodge ram OEM wheels.

And there is no way a stock ride height truck classifies as a brodozer.... especially without have a 12" exhaust tip and a huge led light bar on it ??.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 11:59:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Stock looks better IMO but whatever floats your boat.  Enjoy.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 12:52:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

They stick about 2" past the fenders. Wide enough where they look a little more "aggressive" than stock, but not wide enough where you see them as say "look at that stupid Brodozer".
View Quote
I wouldn't go that far.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 12:54:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Nice clean truck.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 12:57:27 AM EDT
[#8]
In this thread, OP learns he built a brodozer
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 1:05:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
Admitting he has a problem is the first step.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 1:07:47 AM EDT
[#10]
It looks good but I could never do it. I take my truck off the pavement and dont want rocks and sand thrown along the side of my truck.

If you have a pavement king though go for it!
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 1:17:30 AM EDT
[#11]
I think it looks good OP
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 1:17:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I wouldn't go that far.
View Quote
Neither would I.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 8:01:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
I guess I didn't realize that the requirements for a brodozer were so small...stock truck + aftermarket wheels = a brodozer now.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 8:09:36 AM EDT
[#14]
I like the stock wheels, but the biggest and best change is the stupid bug deflector deletion.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 8:28:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Looks good OP.

I've got the brodozer starter pack.  I love my '06 6.0.

At the moment, it has ARP studs, Banks cold air intake, XPD external oil filter, XPD oil cooler, and EGR delete.  It has a leveling kit and 35" tires.

I had to put in new ball joints, tie rod ends and replace an alternator when I got it.

When I get through with a few gun projects, it will get wheels, bumpers, a tuner, bed cover, and lights.  Then, I will truly be hated.

Link Posted: 2/27/2018 8:53:22 AM EDT
[#16]
I think some of you guys have forgotten what a "brodozer" really looks like.

You need a huge lift kit, crazy useless suspension mods, tires that stick a foot out of the fender wells, wheels that are too wide for the tires on them, an exhaust tip big enough you can climb into it, and several tapout, salt life, and monster stickers all over it.....and a glovebox full of white Oakleys and flat brimmed hats    A 100% stock truck with a set of wheels is not a brodozer.

Link Posted: 2/27/2018 8:55:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Looks good OP.

At the moment, it has ARP studs, Banks cold air intake, XPD external oil filter, XPD oil cooler, and EGR delete.  It has a leveling kit and 35" tires.

I had to put in new ball joints, tie rod ends and replace an alternator when I got it.

When I get through with a few gun projects, it will get wheels, bumpers, a tuner, bed cover, and lights.  Then, I will truly be hated.

https://i.imgur.com/hclsSBs.jpg
View Quote
If that is WITH the leveling kit, I'd hate to see it before.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 8:56:09 AM EDT
[#18]
You make me miss my '88 Ranger.

That's a really good looking truck. I don't envy your gas mileage, but do your towing ability.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 8:59:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks good OP.

Yeah, it basically picked up the front a tad.

But... it is able to wear 35" tires on 18 wheels, so it does what it does.  I bought it for towing. I really do not want to be going up too much.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 9:00:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Gay running boards are gay .... but other than that, nice looking truck!
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 9:00:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
You make me miss my '88 Ranger.

That's a really good looking truck. I don't envy your gas mileage, but do your towing ability.
View Quote
I get 18-19mpg on the highway at 65mph not towing anything.....not bad for an 8,000lb+ truck.  It gets better MPG than my Hemi Dodge Ram got.....

....that's one of the reasons I got it....that and the fact I can tow heavy stuff much easier.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 9:09:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Black is the new chrome, a trend that will phase out one day.
Now, where can I get mine?
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 9:13:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Looked better stock IMO, new ones are too dozery. Clean truck though.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 9:16:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Fake bolt heads on wheels are stupid.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 9:33:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Fake bolt heads on wheels are stupid.
View Quote
Try finding a set of aftermarket wheels that don't have those stupid dots all the way around the edge of the wheels......just about all of them have that now. I didn't really want them.....but had no choice. I don't mind them....they are just blind holes milled into the wheels, not actual fake bolt heads like some I have seen.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 9:52:43 AM EDT
[#26]
Your truck looks great.  I'm not a fan of the wheels sticking out of the wheel wells, but the size you went with isn't nearly as bad as a lot of the trucks I see these days.

I had a 2004 that I loved.  Had it for 11 years and 180k miles.  Really great truck.  I don't have very many "poser" pics of it though.  The second set of tires I had on this truck were the 10ply Terra Grapplers in a 295/75R16 if I remember right.  They did last a very long time.

In 2016 I sold my '04 and got a 2016.  So far it has 21k on it.

For now I have 35x12.5 K/O2s on the stock wheels.  These are aluminum wheels with chromed plastic plates mounted on them.  I'm not really a fan.  At some point I would like to upgrade to wheels like these:

Maybe not those exactly but similar.  I'd stick with the 35x12.5s and go with stock backspacing to keep the truck looking like it does now.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 10:26:15 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
meh, looked better stock. "Rockstar / brodozer" rims are played out.
View Quote

Pimptastic!
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 10:45:11 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Well, I was able to sell the stock wheels and tires off of my truck for a really good price, and picked up a new set of wheels and tires for not much more.  I've never bought wheels for any vehicle I've owned, but I figured what the hell.....I saved enough on buying a used truck, I might as well dress it up a little.

I ended up going with a set of Raptor 20x9 wheels with 0mm offset. This sets them out around 2" father than the stock wheels and tires. They stick about 2" past the fenders. Wide enough where they look a little more "aggressive" than stock, but not wide enough where you see them as say "look at that stupid Brodozer".  For tires I went with Nitto Terra Grappler G2's.  The last two sets I had on my other truck both went 60,000 miles before I had to replace them.  10-ply, pretty quiet on the highway, and plenty grippy for mud/snow/offroad.

What do you think?  Not bad for a 13 year old truck with 215K on in that only cost me $12k. :grin:

And yes....I quickly learned that 6.0 Fords have their issues...but after several days of wrenching on the darn thing, I have all of the "common issues" taken care of.  I saved enough money buying this thing vs. the same year Cummins....I can damn near drop a new engine in the truck and still be under what a 5.9 Dodge would have cost me.  

https://i.imgur.com/grJLqMd.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Yxxmso7.jpg
View Quote
Nice truck!  The stock running boards on mine, I replaced with these:

AMP Power Step

More comfortable step up, better tread and they don't collect mud/snow/ice in the stowed position.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 11:18:01 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

But... it is able to wear 35" tires on 18 wheels, so it does what it does.  I bought it for towing. I really do not want to be going up too much.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks good OP.

Huh, weird.  I know what a leveling kit is, it just doesn’t look like it has one in that picture.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 11:29:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
It's still not a brodozer...but the wheels are definitely a solid choice for the potential brodozer

OP- I like the truck, but hate the new wheels. The stock ones fit it much better. I hate this site's hate of diesel trucks, though.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 11:31:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
It's still not a brodozer...but the wheels are definitely a solid choice for the potential brodozer

OP- I like the truck, but hate the new wheels. The stock ones fit it much better. I hate this site's hate of diesel trucks, though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think so....but that's why I'm glad I live in America...I can do what I want
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 11:46:44 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I don't think so....but that's why I'm glad I live in America...I can do what I want
View Quote
And no joke on the tires costing so much. I think mine were like $1600...ridiculous. I know it's too late, but these would have looked amazing on there.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 11:49:50 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Skinny sidewall tires? They are the same size that come oem on a lot of factory trucks.....20" wheels are common, even 22" wheels.  Have you seen any new trucks lately?? I had the same 305/55/20 tires on my 04' Dodge ram OEM wheels.

And there is no way a stock ride height truck classifies as a brodozer.... especially without have a 12" exhaust tip and a huge led light bar on it ??.
View Quote
Yes - 55 aspect ratio tires are skinny sidewalls.

What are the weight ratings on the new tires & wheels vs the factory tires/wheels?
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 12:14:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Looks good, OP, but fancy tires/wheels tell me you enjoy cleaning and polishing.  My 99 250SD V10 is becoming cancerous so now I have an excuse to not clean it every week.  It's a good thing I don't have sparkly wheels to keep clean.

Good luck, OP.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 12:15:22 PM EDT
[#35]
OP are you non-white?
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 12:16:16 PM EDT
[#36]
made a shitty looking ford just slightly better looking.

Link Posted: 2/27/2018 12:17:24 PM EDT
[#37]
I like it.  Big improvement over stock.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 12:22:30 PM EDT
[#38]
looks great OP, screw these fudds with their BS brodozer comments. Too bad it's red.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 12:57:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Looks good, OP, but fancy tires/wheels tell me you enjoy cleaning and polishing.  My 99 250SD V10 is becoming cancerous so now I have an excuse to not clean it every week.  It's a good thing I don't have sparkly wheels to keep clean.

Good luck, OP.
View Quote
Yeah....I'm one of those people that's pretty obsessive (maybe too much) about keeping things clean. I keep my vehicles washed, waxed, and vacuumed out.  I keep my vehicles for 10+ years before I sell them, and I always get way more than market value for them because they still look brand new.  I also turn my own wrenches on everything I own.

I take pride in keeping my stuff looking good and running right.  Plus I'm a gearhead.....so I just like that kind of stuff.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 12:59:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Would have got Method wheels personally. 502
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 1:02:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Would have got Method wheels personally. 502
View Quote
Picture?  If those look like what I think they look like.....nope, not for me.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 1:03:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
Agreed.

Looks like a teenager's "daddy's money" truck now.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 1:06:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 1:52:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Nah.....those look too "I want to look like I'm a tier 1 operator and/ or a dessert racer when in reality I'm neither".  I don't like that look......but I guess that's why they make hundreds and hundreds of different wheel styles....everyone has different tastes.

I think those would look sharp on a Baja truck...
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 1:53:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Agreed.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Agreed.

Except I'm 40, and it's paid for.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 2:27:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 2:53:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Looks good.

I'm a factory wheel kinda guy.  Due for some new meats myself.

My '05.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/333293/20170829_200358-465703.JPG
View Quote
'08-'10 factory 20s are by far my favorite factory wheel... I had a set on my last truck.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top