User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 10:51:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I always park by a car return corral,  I'm sort sort of efficiency expert or something
View Quote

No shit, me too!  And as a bonus, after parking and walking toward the store, I've had little old ladies thank me TWICE for letting them have the closer in spot.  WTF!!!  They made MY day! Who knew life could be so gratifying. (not sarcasm)
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 10:54:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

good way to get your car dinged by the worthless motherfuckers who just leave their cart next to the corral and cannot walk the 5-10 feet to put their cart IN the corral.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I always park by a car return corral,  I'm sort sort of efficiency expert or something

good way to get your car dinged by the worthless motherfuckers who just leave their cart next to the corral and cannot walk the 5-10 feet to put their cart IN the corral.

Hasn't happened to me in decades.  Here's why...the people that are conscientious enough to take the cart back to the corral don't fuck around, that's the people that leave them out in the middle of the parking lot.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 10:54:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Put me in the let a person disembark near the door then I pull away and go park. The person then either walks to the vehicle, or if they call me I’ll come back to the front of the store and have them get in.

No sitting and waiting in the front.

Link Posted: 6/6/2021 10:55:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Drop my wife off at the door, drive away and find a good observation point. When she comes out, drive smd pick her up.

View Quote
No, no, no. You're supposed to go park somewhere that she can't see you and laugh as she wonders around the parking
lot for 30 minutes trying to find you.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 10:57:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
No, no, no. You're supposed to go park somewhere that she can't see you and laugh as she wonders around the parking
View Quote

I'm actually going to allow you to misuse that word (spelling) in this context.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 10:58:23 AM EDT
[#6]
The shopping carts I feel are a good indicator of how people in a given area behave.  And I dont mean just in ghetto criminal manner but also self absorbed selfish behavior.  If a parking lot is full of carts everywhere generally the people in that area are either trash or self absorbed.  

Same with people waiting at the door blocking traffic.  It's the entitled trash or self absorbed fuck everyone else attitude that do that.  In either case I dont want to live in an area with those people in any abundance.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 10:59:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Unless you’re dropping off someone that’s actually disabled (not just obese and lazy) you need to get your fat ass walking.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 11:05:57 AM EDT
[#8]
I drive right through the big double doors and park in the lobby.  Why the hell else would they turn the hard curb into a sloped ramp right at the doorway if you're not supposed to drive up it?  After all, I'm only there for "a couple of things", amirite? (wink, wink)  It does have it's downside.  One time I brought my eighteen items through the "ten items or less" checkout like I always do, only to find the enterprising store manager had put a price tag on my car.  On MY car.  I had to pay the motherfucker seven ninety-nine (plus tax) to get my own fucking car back!  can you believe it?  It's EASILY worth twice that.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 11:06:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Look, if there weren't already 399 of 400 spots allotted for:

•Cripples
•Shop from home/store pick up
•Pregnant customers
•Our law enforcement partners
•Electric vehicle parking

...and what ever other bullshit they can come up with then maybe I would be less inclined to drive my tank through the front doors of the store and down each aisle, but as it is currently I just don't give a fuck any more.

...and don't get me started on ATMs being mounted at knee level for the vast majority of the populace to accomodate midgets. ADA can die in a fire.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 11:09:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Anybody else park in the contractor spots at Lowes/Home Depot?

Link Posted: 6/6/2021 11:15:32 AM EDT
[#11]
She never goes in "for just a couple things".  
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 11:16:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Look, if there weren't already 399 of 400 spots allotted for:

Cripples
Shop from home/store pick up
Pregnant customers
Our law enforcement partners
Electric vehicle parking

...and what ever other bullshit they can come up with then maybe I would be less inclined to drive my tank through the front doors of the store and down each aisle, but as it is currently I just don't give a fuck any more.

https://inktank.fi/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia-car-crash.gif

...and don't get me started on ATMs being mounted at knee level for the vast majority of the populace to accomodate midgets. ADA can die in a fire.
View Quote
My vehicles all run on electricity (with the help of gasoline).  
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 11:16:33 AM EDT
[#13]
I voted pie because people who go through that much effort to avoid walking probably eat lots of baked goods.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 11:21:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I drive right through the big double doors and park in the lobby.  Why the hell else would they turn the hard curb into a sloped ramp right at the doorway if you're not supposed to drive up it?  After all, I'm only there for "a couple of things", amirite? (wink, wink)  It does have it's downside.  One time I brought my eighteen items through the "ten items or less" checkout like I always do, only to find the enterprising store manager had put a price tag on my car.  On MY car.  I had to pay the motherfucker seven ninety-nine (plus tax) to get my own fucking car back!  can you believe it?  It's EASILY worth twice that.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

I even leave my shopping cart in a gimper parking spot.  Lol
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 11:23:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Drop my wife off at the door, drive away and find a good observation point. When she comes out, drive smd pick her up.

View Quote

This is how society functions.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 11:28:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If you hate lazy fucks who don't return their carts, check out the "Cart Narcs" YouTube channel. It's a guy who has a radio show, who also goes around shaming lazy fucks who don't return their carts. It's hilarious.
View Quote

I do and that channel is my new favorite.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 11:31:32 AM EDT
[#17]
It's like blacking into a parking spot.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 11:33:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wondering around. That's pretty descriptive of my life actually.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 12:21:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It's like blacking into a parking spot.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/6/2021 12:26:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I try to do this whenever possible.
I also like to park with my driver's side to the corral. If I can't find a corral, I'll park next to an island, at the end of a row, wherever there's no one next to me.
I figure, if I'm going to get a door ding, let it be on the passenger side, where I don't have to look at it every time I get in or out of the car. Out of sight, out of mind.

Oh, and I almost always put the cart in the corral. I hate lots without them. I feel like a jerk just leaving the cart sitting there.
View Quote
Plus, tactically it is advantageous. Reduces the opportunity for a blitz attack while entering/exiting vehicle. With car door open, there is only one good avenue of attack: the narrow space between your vehicle and the cart corral
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 12:33:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you hate lazy fucks who don't return their carts, check out the "Cart Narcs" YouTube channel. It's a guy who has a radio show, who also goes around shaming lazy fucks who don't return their carts. It's hilarious.

It's amazing how much effort someone will put into arguing and being offended by being confronted for their laziness, as opposed to just walking a little further to put the cart away.

Whoop-skiddly-whoop-whoop!
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 12:35:31 PM EDT
[#22]
I always avoid driving near a store entrance...especially the grocery store.  Only have one in town and it’s busier than grand central station.  So many pedestrians meandering at the entrance that’s it’s quicker to park in the far corner of the lot and go on foot.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 1:19:08 PM EDT
[#23]
The worst is a car waiting at the curb directly in front of the stores doors, like within 10 feet of the doors. You have to walk around the asshole just to get in to the store. When I see this I will purposely leave a cart in front of their car on the way out. Easy to do as I am usually in the store for 5 minutes and these assholes are always still there....
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 2:40:26 PM EDT
[#24]
I can walk just fine and need the exercise. People who are too lazy to walk a little further or too lazy to put their cart up are the same people who cant figure out why "the man" is holding them back. The man is you.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top