Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 2:26:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Lots of hyperbole here.   First, list the States that are giving $3000 ?  

Second,  It’s not “luxury level car” by any stretch of the imagination.    

It’s Utility level, and purposely designed as such.    

That said, I test borrowed a Y a couple weeks ago and really like it. The acceleration is “sports car level”, I guess you could argue that qualifies as “luxury”.  

Probably would have bought it, if I could figure out how to qualify for the $7000 tax credit.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I bought one two weeks ago.  I like it more now than when I bought it.  I'm pissed though, because they just dropped prices AGAIN!  You can pick up a new model 3 for a little over $36k, and depending on your state you're getting around $10k back in tax incentives.  That's a luxury level car for upper $20s.  Crazy.

And ignore the haters, the car is awesome.  More like driving a computer that kicks ass on performance.  And I'm regularly in a Lexus 450 and the interior, ride, build quality is similar.  Really good value for the dollar.

Lots of hyperbole here.   First, list the States that are giving $3000 ?  

Second,  It’s not “luxury level car” by any stretch of the imagination.    

It’s Utility level, and purposely designed as such.    

That said, I test borrowed a Y a couple weeks ago and really like it. The acceleration is “sports car level”, I guess you could argue that qualifies as “luxury”.  

Probably would have bought it, if I could figure out how to qualify for the $7000 tax credit.

Make less than 150k agi single or  300k married. Have fed tax liability of at least 7500
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 2:27:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
What states would get you to $10k in incentives.

I don't plan to replace my car for three years, so I'm not really in the market.

Hopefully Tesla can keep driving costs down. I would like to eventually have one electric vehicle to power from my home grid.
View Quote

cA and NY, but there might be more i don't know of
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 2:28:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 2:29:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
But real men don't drive cars.  Men drive trucks.  Period
View Quote

Real men do any damn thing they want.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 2:29:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Is this the price for the new highland m3 model?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I bought one two weeks ago.  I like it more now than when I bought it.  I'm pissed though, because they just dropped prices AGAIN!  You can pick up a new model 3 for a little over $36k, and depending on your state you're getting around $10k back in tax incentives.  That's a luxury level car for upper $20s.  Crazy.

And ignore the haters, the car is awesome.  More like driving a computer that kicks ass on performance.  And I'm regularly in a Lexus 450 and the interior, ride, build quality is similar.  Really good value for the dollar.

Is this the price for the new highland m3 model?

No Highland in the US. Reduced tax credits and increased prices are almost certain when Highland launches here.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 2:30:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Holy fuck... if that actually existed...
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 2:30:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Coworker had one of first models, when he opened his luxurious trunk, water poured in. He also couldnt run his heater in fear of not making it home. 140 mile round trip, alot of hills.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 2:31:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Coworker had one of first models, when he opened his luxurious trunk, water poured in. He also couldnt run his heater in fear of not making it home. 140 mile round trip, alot of hills.
View Quote

willy nilly
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 2:33:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 2:33:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

As I understand it they have very few issues but when you do have issues it's going to suck bad for you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I never hear about Tesla's having to go back to the dealer for issues.  Is it just not that common? Or do we just not hear about it?

If they are reliable....great. If not, the fact that you have to do to a dealer for repairs would suck.  

Just a thought.....

As I understand it they have very few issues but when you do have issues it's going to suck bad for you.

In the one year I've owned my Model 3 it's had one issue....water condensation in one of the tail lights.  I got on the app, typed a description and uploaded a picture, 3 days later Tesla showed up to my office and swapped it out for a new one in about 15 minutes.

It was horrible....I didn't get to argue with the service manager, parts manager and general manager of a car dealership to get it fixed.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 2:34:03 PM EDT
[#11]
No thanks.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 2:34:10 PM EDT
[#12]
If I'm getting a Tesla, I'll want the Autopilot/FSD package... and I'm not paying what they want to add it on to a new one. Only used ones that come with the package already for me.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 2:34:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

willy nilly
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

willy nilly

Link Posted: 12/7/2023 2:36:26 PM EDT
[#14]
A 2024 Toyota Camry LE is only $20,000 if the federal government steals money from other taxpayers to give you a $7,500 subsidy.  It has better fit, finish, and reliability although it's not a "luxury" car like a Model 3. If 32 MPG isn't good enough, you can get the hybrid (52 MPG) for $2,400 more (maybe the feds can steal even more money to pay for the upgrade).
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 2:37:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
A 2024 Toyota Camry LE is only $20,000 if the federal government steals money from other taxpayers to give you a $7,500 subsidy.  It has better fit, finish, and reliability although it's not a "luxury" car like a Model 3. If 32 MPG isn't good enough, you can get the hybrid (52 MPG) for $2,400 more (maybe the feds can steal even more money to pay for the upgrade).
View Quote

yep

that is exactly how it works
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 2:37:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Tesla no longer makes the only model I actually want, and I probably couldn't have afforded it even if they did.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 2:39:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Go to tesla website and search inventory in your area.  
View Quote

Done . . . Zero within 200 miles of me.

Link Posted: 12/7/2023 2:39:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

yep

View Quote

Researching facts is for faggots.

Link Posted: 12/7/2023 2:39:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Go to tesla website and search inventory in your area.  https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/185900/Screenshot_20231206_134539_Chrome_jpg-3052280.JPG
View Quote
That 0-60 is just not workable. Every vehicle I've bought has consecutively had a lower 0-60 time. Current vehicle is right around 5 seconds so I need something faster when I replace it.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 2:40:00 PM EDT
[#20]
You get 6 months free supercharging if you order now and take delivery by the end of the year.

Link Posted: 12/7/2023 2:44:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
That 0-60 is just not workable. Every vehicle I've bought has consecutively had a lower 0-60 time. Current vehicle is right around 5 seconds so I need something faster when I replace it.
View Quote

That’s a shitty single motor model.

I’d get the dual motor car at least if not the performance model.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 2:45:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 2:45:53 PM EDT
[#23]
How much to replace the battery?
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 2:47:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Lol, luxury car. The inside looks and feels terrible, they were too cheap to add dash gauges, or interior door handles, and if you want to drop another several grand you can get an autopilot that drives like a 15 year old with a learners permit.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 2:50:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Here ya go.   OP is too busy singing Kareoki in his new Tesla, but I got y'all covered. https://www.nerdwallet.com/article/taxes/ev-tax-credit-electric-vehicle-tax-credit
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 2:52:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
EV THREAD
View Quote

The Simpsons - Electric car of the future
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 2:52:23 PM EDT
[#27]
can i fit a shit ton of guns and gear, 4 grown ass men and some dead deer in it?
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 2:54:46 PM EDT
[#28]
There is a place for EVs.  That will only get better as the technology matures and the infrastructure builds out.

But I remain opposed to government promotion of it.  If its so great why do you have to bribe people to buy it?

I say build more EVs.  Build more ICE vehicles.  Build more solar farms.  Build more windmills.  Build more nuke power plants.  Build more hydro dams.  Build more coal fired power plants.  Build more oil fired plants.  Drill more oil.  Frack more oil.  Harvest more natural gas.  Mine more coal.

Ramp it up!  The economy will soar if we take off the government shackles.  
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 2:55:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
can i fit a shit ton of guns and gear, 4 grown ass men and some dead deer in it?
View Quote

You should see what my partner does to the Porsche.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 2:55:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

You can commute and have a bonfire at the same time!

And don't forget the child slavery.

EV's have all kinds of perks!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Luxury"

It's certainly closer to the Lexus than the Sienna that it took the place of.

EV's have lots of positives.

They kill influencers at higher rate than ICE vehicles, they.... uh.

Um.

Shit that's all I got.

Okay they got one positive.

Luxury was not on that list.

Meh, they're learning invaluable lessons about life, corporations and the 'murican way.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 2:58:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Wait until 2024

The Fed rebate will be available to the dealer at time of sale.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 3:04:04 PM EDT
[#32]
i have a plaid x, and its by no means "luxury", however it is quite nice, and does exactly what I bought it for.  wife still has her GX and I still have my truck.
we also have a friend who works for mercedes, they loanered him their EV, now *that* one is luxury.  but it just cannot haul ass which is the specific reason I got the tesla for; the tesla has nearly double the horsepower.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 3:15:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 3:16:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 3:17:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I only serve one god. And that is the shitpost!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought you loved EVs. Or do you just play for both teams to piss everyone off?

I only serve one god. And that is the shitpost!

The shitpost loves all.  He rewards those who create irrespective of the quality, and punishes the wicked who pervert the world with their unimaginative copies.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 3:18:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 3:20:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

An EV will keep you warm for the rest of your life...

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/397309/TWXTe8o_0gC-S_vjhF516w_r-2778213-2778305.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Luxury"

It's certainly closer to the Lexus than the Sienna that it took the place of.

EV's have lots of positives.

They kill influencers at higher rate than ICE vehicles, they.... uh.

Um.

Shit that's all I got.

Okay they got one positive.

Luxury was not on that list.

An EV will keep you warm for the rest of your life...

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/397309/TWXTe8o_0gC-S_vjhF516w_r-2778213-2778305.gif

Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day.

Put a man in a fire, keep him warm for life.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 3:25:03 PM EDT
[#38]
I bet I could get the neighbor lady to leave her husband if I bought a Tesla truck. Not sure what my wife would say but whatevs.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 3:29:57 PM EDT
[#39]
I don’t qualify for the tax incentives. Also the Tesla autopilot is very annoying.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 3:32:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
But real men don't drive cars.  Men drive trucks.  Period
View Quote

My gender isnt associated in what I drive, maybe yours is.

Also real men dont have periods.  Period.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 3:33:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 3:34:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Done . . . Zero within 200 miles of me.

View Quote

I mean, Texas is pretty fucking big.  Amirite?
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 3:38:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 3:50:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

FIFY
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 3:51:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Quoted:

yep

View Quote

I can not tell if that’s sarcasm, but that’s not how it works.  At all.

Let’s start by saying all taxation is theft.  That aside.  The tax credit allows that taxpayer to pay less taxes.  Other taxpayers do not pay more, and no other money is “diverted” to the guy who bought the EV.

I mean, you guys take off mortgage interest on your taxes right?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 3:52:43 PM EDT
[#46]
That's 'GFY Luxury!'
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 3:53:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

“Luxury level car”

Enjoy that vegan leather and trash build quality
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 3:53:52 PM EDT
[#48]
I am looking at pre owned  2021 S Plaid on the Tesla site..$75k with 10k miles..that was a $135k msrp
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 3:55:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I can not tell if that’s sarcasm, but that’s not how it works.  At all.

Let’s start by saying all taxation is theft.  That aside.  The tax credit allows that taxpayer to pay less taxes.  Other taxpayers do not pay more, and no other money is “diverted” to the guy who bought the EV.

I mean, you guys take off mortgage interest on your taxes right?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/376732/IMG_2785_jpeg-3052394.JPG
View Quote

Consider the source!  
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 3:56:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I wouldn’t call it luxury but the fit and finish of my 23 M3P is better than I expected.

I wouldn’t buy anything but the performance version though. It’d be boring without being scary fast
View Quote

Quick linear acceleration is still boring.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top