Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 248
Link Posted: 6/18/2023 9:35:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
I hope you had a great time up there with your son! Did he enjoy the race?

Link Posted: 6/18/2023 10:34:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I'd say that Duracell definitely got their money's worth today. The spirit of Frank Williams may rise again?

View Quote

James Vowles is bringing a spirit to Williams that has been missing for a long time.

His grid interview with F1TV was pretty cool.
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 8:18:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Security dog wanted in on the AM party.

Link Posted: 6/19/2023 2:22:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Alonso is an animal!
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 5:23:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Congrats to RBR on their 100th victory.

Well done, Max. Get in there buddy!

https://i.ibb.co/vYLCvHD/IMG-2947.jpg
View Quote

What a weird thing to post.
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 6:37:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

What a weird thing to be photographed doing.
Nonetheless, a little tongue in cheek humor.
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 7:41:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
We're going to try.  We just signed up for ESPN+ so now we're watching US vs West Indies cricket and trying to figure out the rules without looking anything up.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anybody going to watch the Ricciardo and Will Arnett race commentary?
We're going to try.  We just signed up for ESPN+ so now we're watching US vs West Indies cricket and trying to figure out the rules without looking anything up.

@Deadtired

Did you watch this? Anybody else?
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 10:03:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

wonder what he typed to find that pic.

and for the record, paddle boarding is hard and i see tandems all the time to show noobs how to balance.
i live in miami and paddleboard, so yeah... its common to see 2 people (2 guys on same board).
its not as gay as poster thinks, but definitely 2 guys riding a scooter is gayer.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 10:23:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

He’s good for the season at least. Quite a few American sponsors on the car as well.

Albon was also running with upgrades this weekend that were not on Sargeant’s car.

No doubt he is going to have to start to show something this year, but if he does, he’s good for another season. Otherwise, they might work a deal to replace him with Schumacher.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I know the car let him down today, but I wonder how many races Sargeant has left before that seat goes to a pay driver.

He’s good for the season at least. Quite a few American sponsors on the car as well.

Albon was also running with upgrades this weekend that were not on Sargeant’s car.

No doubt he is going to have to start to show something this year, but if he does, he’s good for another season. Otherwise, they might work a deal to replace him with Schumacher.

I can't see him being renewed for next year at all.  He just isn't producing any results.  I could maybe see Schumacher going to Williams if he is in danger of losing his ride with Haas but I kinda doubt that's an issue at the moment.  Maybe he moves because Williams is on track for more improvement than Haas.  

I was excited to see an American driver on the grid this year but he's largely been a disappointment.  I hope he's able to turn it all around in the remainder of the season.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 10:42:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I can't see him being renewed for next year at all.  He just isn't producing any results.  I could maybe see Schumacher going to Williams if he is in danger of losing his ride with Haas but I kinda doubt that's an issue at the moment.  Maybe he moves because Williams is on track for more improvement than Haas.  

I was excited to see an American driver on the grid this year but he's largely been a disappointment.  I hope he's able to turn it all around in the remainder of the season.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I know the car let him down today, but I wonder how many races Sargeant has left before that seat goes to a pay driver.

Schumacher lost his ride with Haas last year. He’s on the Mercedes bench now with Toto trying to find a spot for him.

As the only German driver, he holds quite a bit of value in the Mercedes vs Audi war starting in 2026.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 11:31:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Schumacher lost his ride with Haas last year. He’s on the Mercedes bench now with Toto trying to find a spot for him.

As the only German driver, he holds quite a bit of value in the Mercedes vs Audi war starting in 2026.
View Quote

Nico Hulkenberg is a German driver.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 11:33:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

a little tongue in cheek humor.
View Quote

Get in there, buddy!
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 11:40:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Get in there, buddy!
View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 11:48:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol….yeah, forgot about Nico. I still had last years situation in my head.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 11:51:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

My mistake.  I was thinking of Hulkenburg and just got them mixed up.  The downside of doing multiple things at the same time as I'm trying to post.  
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 11:59:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

My mistake.  I was thinking of Hulkenburg and just got them mixed up.  The downside of doing multiple things at the same time as I'm trying to post.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No worries, I did the same forgetting about Hulkenberg.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 11:59:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Schumacher will get an Audi seat, we just dont know if Botas or Zhou is going.

I think Yuki is gone, Sargent is gone, Devrys a maybe gone. so lots of shuffling of drivers next 2 years.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 1:50:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

@Deadtired

View Quote
@fike

We couldn't get past the first lap.  MAYBE it got better, but from what we saw it was two guys not knowing anything about anything.

I was kinda hoping for Rob Riggle and Joe Tessitore on "Holey Moley".   What I got was an amateur podcaster who is funny, but started watching F1 a couple of years ago, and guy who is funny, but has only ever driven cars fast since he was a child.  

MAYBE there's a recording of it somewhere so I could try it from about halfway through the race, but the beginning was so bad we switched back to whoever was doing F1TV commentary.  
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 1:58:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

@Deadtired

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anybody going to watch the Ricciardo and Will Arnett race commentary?

@Deadtired

It was bad enough for me to switch back to the Sky commentators.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 2:09:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 3:05:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

wonder what he typed to find that pic.

and for the record, paddle boarding is hard and i see tandems all the time to show noobs how to balance.
i live in miami and paddleboard, so yeah... its common to see 2 people (2 guys on same board).
its not as gay as poster thinks, but definitely 2 guys riding a scooter is gayer.
View Quote

How about Barney riding a scooter?

Or wearing dresses?

Hell, this is GD, let's GET BOTH and wear a suit under a dress!

Link Posted: 6/20/2023 3:20:12 PM EDT
[#22]
What in the name of Juan Manuel Fangio
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 3:38:11 PM EDT
[#23]
So of the three drivers we’ve seen so far, it appears Alonso is the biggest stud of the three.

Link Posted: 6/20/2023 5:29:37 PM EDT
[#24]
My respect for Hamilton has increased immensely.

Attachment Attached File

Lewis posted the photo and liked this girls tweet. Called out his own fans toxic behavior.

Link Posted: 6/20/2023 10:29:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Overhead view of Russell’s post crash pitstop.

I don’t think the camera recorded the tire flying off the rim in the pit Lane in Ferarri mechanics capturing it.

I am surprised however by how long it took to have the nose ready. Usually the nose wing is already at the pit box when they pull in.

https://www.facebook.com/reel/1330605091172531?fs=e&s=TIeQ9V&mibextid=0NULKw
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 12:26:34 PM EDT
[#26]
this season is a bore. lol
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 8:17:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Two interesting items brewing in the background.

It appears the FIA is looking into Ferrari, Mercedes, Red Bull, and Aston Martin for their “non F1” activities that could be subverting the budget cap. I won’t be shocked if all of them are working on limited edition customer track cars that require ground effect research (as an example, the RB17).

The other is Perez being replaced by Ricciardo. F1 media is generally always full of nonsense speculation, but I’m starting to see individuals that generally don’t swim in that water floating the discussion recently. It probably doesn’t matter this year, but if Perez doesn’t get 2nd in the drivers, I can see it happening next year.
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 2:05:42 AM EDT
[#28]
The cost cap is stupid for the top series; F1, Indy Car, NASCAR, etc.

A cost cap is fine for F2/F3, Indy Lights, basically any feeder series.

Link Posted: 6/23/2023 7:40:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's marginally less boring than the Hamilton steamroller years.
F! better get this fixed quick, or they're going to be following NASCAR down the tubes.
They might be riding high now, but most of the new fans will be fleeting and not hardcore, and they'll split as soon as something else trendy comes along.
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 8:10:17 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm rewatching the 2005 season just for the hell of it.  

Alsonso's winning, but there's much more of a fight for P1 than we're getting in 2023.

Not being able to change tires during the race is odd.
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 8:12:34 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

It appears the FIA is looking into Ferrari, Mercedes, Red Bull, and Aston Martin for their "non F1" activities that could be subverting the budget cap. I won't be shocked if all of them are working on limited edition customer track cars that require ground effect research (as an example, the RB17).

The other is Perez being replaced by Ricciardo. F1 media is generally always full of nonsense speculation, but I'm starting to see individuals that generally don't swim in that water floating the discussion recently. It probably doesn't matter this year, but if Perez doesn't get 2nd in the drivers, I can see it happening next year.
View Quote
I like Danny Ric.  I want to see him racing again.  But I really don't think RB is gonna pull an old driver out of mothball rather than promote someone younger unless there's an absolute emergency.

If Ricciardo races again it won't be with RB proper.
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 8:49:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I like Danny Ric.  I want to see him racing again.  But I really don't think RB is gonna pull an old driver out of mothball rather than promote someone younger unless there's an absolute emergency.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It appears the FIA is looking into Ferrari, Mercedes, Red Bull, and Aston Martin for their "non F1" activities that could be subverting the budget cap. I won't be shocked if all of them are working on limited edition customer track cars that require ground effect research (as an example, the RB17).

The other is Perez being replaced by Ricciardo. F1 media is generally always full of nonsense speculation, but I'm starting to see individuals that generally don't swim in that water floating the discussion recently. It probably doesn't matter this year, but if Perez doesn't get 2nd in the drivers, I can see it happening next year.

I generally agree with the premise of promoting new talent as the “road forward”, but in this case, RB is being faced with the law of diminishing returns as it transitions from RB19 to RB20. They got to the solution first and have been enjoying the rewards, but the advantage will continue to decrease as we move into 2024. They are going to need someone who can consistently fight at the front and Perez is showing anything other than consistency at this point.

Knowing that the battle is going to be against Hamilton, Russell, Leclerc, Sainz, and Alonso, do they promote Yuki? He’s not exactly a paragon of measured racecraft that will be needed to fight against that group. Outside of poaching Norris or Sainz, they really don’t have anyone other than Perez or Danny Ric.

Link Posted: 6/23/2023 8:59:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Almost all of the talk about Danny Ric going back to RB was started by Danny Ric himself.  All he said I was it would be a fairytale ending to his career to drive for RB again.  The media picked it up and running like it’s something that’s actually happening.
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 10:05:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

It appears the FIA is looking into Ferrari, Mercedes, Red Bull, and Aston Martin for their “non F1” activities that could be subverting the budget cap. I won’t be shocked if all of them are working on limited edition customer track cars that require ground effect research (as an example, the RB17).

View Quote

So, as three of those are affiliated with actual car companies, if some guy working somewhere else in the building on something else makes some kind of cool discovery they can't let the F1 guys know or they'd have to price it out?
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 10:56:15 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

So, as three of those are affiliated with actual car companies, if some guy working somewhere else in the building on something else makes some kind of cool discovery they can't let the F1 guys know or they'd have to price it out?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s actually all four. Red Bull is producing 50 RB17’s for customers.

https://www.redbulladvancedtechnologies.com/red-bull-advanced-technologies-announces-the-rb17/

When Red Bull announced the RB17 project, it was a pretty obvious parry to what the teams affiliated with car companies were doing.

So, TD45 states that any IP that comes from outside projects can’t be transferred to the F1 team unless it is accounted for under the budget cap. They grey area that can’t be policed is knowledge, so expect all four teams to continue to work on projects that mirror F1 development.

The somewhat shady “gotcha” card the FIA holds is the retroactive nature of the TD following its activation. It is retroactive back to January 1st of this year. There have been quotes about “some teams forced to react as they now realized what they were doing is no longer allowed”. That is that special sort of magic that would allow the FIA a selective balance of power wildcard.
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 4:59:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Danny Ric has said he’s open to driving for Alpha Tauri. I can see him replacing Debris if he doesn’t improve.
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 7:24:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well, now I think that F1 Homologation Specials should absolutely be a thing.
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 8:28:47 PM EDT
[#38]
FWIW, Danny Ric is going to get at least 2-3 GP’s worth of mileage in the RB19 at the tire test after Silverstone.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 5:21:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
FWIW, Danny Ric is going to get at least 2-3 GP’s worth of mileage in the RB19 at the tire test after Silverstone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

May need to translate:
https://www.motorsport-total.com/formel-1/news/schonfrist-von-zwei-rennen-kommt-ricciardo-statt-perez-bei-red-bull-23062402

Quotes from article:
Grace period of two races: Is Ricciardo coming to Red Bull instead of Perez?

Helmut Marko no longer excludes a driver exchange Perez for Ricciardo at Red Bull, but wants to wait for the tire test in Silverstone

And Marko says in an interview with the 'ORF': "We will have Ricciardo to Silverstone at the tire test, which Pirelli organizes, three days in the car. And then you can evaluate: Where does Ricciardo really stand?"

Link Posted: 6/25/2023 10:14:26 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 3:10:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

The plan of sending Daniel to AT makes complete sense now.

RB is taking control of the team. DR spends this year learning the tendencies of the RB19 and moves to AT to help the team develop the new car that will now be using all of the RB19 parts they are allowed (AT under Tost had not been doing this).

Liam Lawson will get the other seat. He’s currently burning a year waiting in Super Formula.

Yuki is already talking about being open to other offers and I’m sure de Vries’ two year contract has some team friendly cancellation clauses based on performance.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 3:21:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

RB is taking control of the team. DR spends this year learning the tendencies of the RB19 and moves to AT to help the team develop the new car that will now be using all of the RB19 parts they are allowed (AT under Tost had not been doing this).

Liam Lawson will get the other seat. He's currently burning a year waiting in Super Formula.

Yuki is already talking about being open to other offers and I'm sure de Vries' two year contract has some team friendly cancellation clauses based on performance.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Liam Lawson will get the other seat. He's currently burning a year waiting in Super Formula.

Yuki is already talking about being open to other offers and I'm sure de Vries' two year contract has some team friendly cancellation clauses based on performance.

I'd replace Yuki or Nick with Danny in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 3:43:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I'd replace Yuki or Nick with Danny in a heartbeat.
View Quote
A Ricciardo/Tsunoda team would be hilarious to watch.  Performance, idk, but it'd make for good TV.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 5:03:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
A Ricciardo/Tsunoda team would be hilarious to watch.  Performance, idk, but it'd make for good TV.
View Quote

Yes please.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 5:21:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

In!
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 5:28:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Why do I think that show would end with Tsunoda crying?
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 5:30:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Why do I think that show would end with Tsunoda crying?
View Quote
Throwing shit and swearing, maybe
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 5:37:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Throwing shit and swearing, maybe
View Quote

That's before DR wrassles him down, puts him in a friendly headlock and applies a F1-grade wedgie.  Followed by a noogie and/or swirlie if a lavatory is nearby.

DR would be howling in laughter, telling Tsunoda to lick his balls in Japanese or something.

And like I said, Tsunoda would wind up crying.   Because he's basically a toddler who can drive.  
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 5:38:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Schumacher will get an Audi seat, we just dont know if Botas or Zhou is going.

I think Yuki is gone, Sargent is gone, Devrys a maybe gone. so lots of shuffling of drivers next 2 years.
View Quote
Logan was always just a merchandise seller and he isnt even doing that well..lol
Page / 248
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top