BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 145
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 9:53:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By fike:

One sign of progress at Ferrari is the announcement yesterday that they are getting into Americas Cup style sail boat racing. That allows them to pay top dollar for fluid dynamics ninjas, something they can’t really do with the budget cap.
View Quote

Joining Mercedes, then?  The Ineos team has had a relationship with Mercedes since 2021.  James Allison is the Chief Technical Officer for both Mercedes and Ineos Britannia.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 9:54:24 PM EDT
[#2]
View Quote

God, I hope not.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 10:03:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By willi3d:

Joining Mercedes, then?  The Ineos team has had a relationship with Mercedes since 2021.  James Allison is the Chief Technical Officer for both Mercedes and Ineos Britannia.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

One sign of progress at Ferrari is the announcement yesterday that they are getting into Americas Cup style sail boat racing. That allows them to pay top dollar for fluid dynamics ninjas, something they can’t really do with the budget cap.

Ineos owns a 1/3rd of the Mercedes F1 team.

It’s a good place for aero folks to cut their teeth and it allows you to keep/grow talent in house. Newey stepped back in 2015 and worked on research with Red Bull Advanced Technologies for Americas Cup.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 12:21:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Teamer:

So he replaces Checo mid-season then and challenges max next year.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Deadtired:
As we await the start of the 2024 season, I reiterate my statement from last year that the entirety of Daniel Ricciardo's career from 2018 onward has been carefully orchestrated by Netflix to give Drive to Survive a multi-season redemption arc.  

So he replaces Checo mid-season then and challenges max next year.

Danny is the only teammate that Max lost to in F1. But then Max stopped being "Crashstoppen", started finishing races and the car got designed around him...
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 9:19:54 AM EDT
[#5]

God, I hope not.
View All Quotes

God, I hope not.
Sao Paulo would no longer be the most crime-ridden Grand Prix of the season.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 9:30:13 AM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

Please no, just no.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 5:17:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By tifosi:
Sao Paulo would no longer be the most crime-ridden Grand Prix of the season.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/28/2024 9:04:21 PM EDT
[#8]
If you guys didn't catch it....Rolex 24 was a good show.  After 24 hours....it all came down to less than a second for GTP.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 9:41:33 AM EDT
[#9]
For easy reference.

Link Posted: 1/29/2024 10:12:25 AM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

Bad idea.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 1:12:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 4:20:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Visa Cash App RB announced key appointments/hires today.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/rb-f1-team-appoints-ex-fia-man-goss-confirms-permane-as-racing-director/10570441/

View Quote

Jesus.  I guess it really will be referred to as "Visa Cash App RB" by the team.  Danny and Yuki are gonna love saying that 5,000 times this season.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 6:55:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Cypher214:

Jesus.  I guess it really will be referred to as "Visa Cash App RB" by the team.  Danny and Yuki are gonna love saying that 5,000 times this season.
View Quote

I wonder how many F Bomb’s Yuki has already dropped in media training.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 7:07:28 PM EDT
[#14]
This pic looks like it came from an alternate reality.

Link Posted: 1/29/2024 7:52:43 PM EDT
[#15]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Cypher214:

How many souls will implode the first time either one of them says V-CARB ?

-
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 10:58:01 PM EDT
[#16]
This pic looks like it came from an alternate reality.

https://i.imgur.com/3qazEhb.jpeg
View Quote
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Red Bull Edition.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 9:15:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 6:59:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By DCV_117:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/31/2024 12:08:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Andretti bid rejected.

https://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/39428940/formula-one-rejects-andretti-bid-join-2025-2026

Unsurprising from the Eurocentric and Petrodollar wankers running F1 and greedy teams.  They care enough about the US to have 3 races, and possibly a 4th coming, but don’t care enough to want a US team on the grid.  Just want the US dollars, but don’t want to sully the grid with a U.S. team.  I’d bet if Audi, Porsche, VW, or a team from a rich Middle Eastern country had put in a bid, they would have been welcomed with open arms.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 12:23:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Andretti bid rejected.

https://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/39428940/formula-one-rejects-andretti-bid-join-2025-2026

Unsurprising from the Eurocentric and Petrodollar wankers running F1 and greedy teams.  They care enough about the US to have 3 races, and possibly a 4th coming, but don’t care enough to want a US team on the grid.  Just want the US dollars, but don’t want to sully the grid with a U.S. team.  I’d bet if Audi, Porsche, VW, or a team from a rich Middle Eastern country had put in a bid, they would have been welcomed with open arms.
View Quote

Haas is as much of an American team as Andretti would be.

And to be fair to Audi, VW, Porsche or a rich middle eastern country, they understand the correct approach. Andretti has set the gold standard example on what not to do.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 12:38:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Real talk from F1 on the Andretti rejection:

F1 said that it had written to Andretti with a series of questions in October and subsequently offered a meeting to discuss the entry, which Andretti did not take up.
View Quote

It said that Andretti proposed to build a car in 2025 and then a completely new car for the new rules in 2026 but that it was dependent on a compulsory supply from a rival PU manufacturer which would “be reticent to extend its collaboration beyond the minimum required while Andretti continues its plan to collaborate with GM in the longer term. F1 says that any compulsory PU supplier would this see as “a risk to its intellectual property and know-how”. Consequently, F1 concluded that trying to build two completely new cars in the first two years “gives us reason to question their understanding of the scope of the challenge involved”.
View Quote

F1 said that it was a technical challenge “of a nature that the applicant has not faced in any other formula or discipline in which it has previously competed, and it proposes to do so with a dependency on a compulsory PU supply in the initial years of its participation”. On this basis, F1 said that it did not believe that Andetti would be a competitive participant.
View Quote

The process thus concluded that an 11th team would not, on its own, provide value to the championship because the value would come from being competitive but F1 did not believe that this would be the case. F1 accepted that the Andretti name “carries some recognition for F1 fans,” but said that “our research indicates that F1 would bring value to the Andretti brand rather than the other way around”.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/31/2024 12:48:44 PM EDT
[#22]
F1 has blown out some very credible hitters in the last decade. Their concerns about Andretti are valid. As for turning up with a bag of cash and being let in, those days are long gone.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 2:23:07 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

You know damn well they didn't want to split up the profits anymore than they have to. It's like everything, it all boils down to money.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 2:23:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Esterhase:
F1 has blown out some very credible hitters in the last decade. Their concerns about Andretti are valid. As for turning up with a bag of cash and being let in, those days are long gone.
View Quote

Then they need to kick Gene and crew to the fucking curb.  That team is a major embarrassment to the sport, and its fucking insulting towards Andretti in my opinion.

They want GM/Caddy to come in with the engine etc, they just don't want Andretti its that simple.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 2:42:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Whiplash_83:

You know damn well they didn't want to split up the profits anymore than they have to. It's like everything, it all boils down to money.
View Quote

Andretti had budgeted for the difference - they would have in effect paid compensation.

The issue is that F1 does not want a very high profile failure. They want a US team to kill it.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 2:56:49 PM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

Definitely a component, but it’s more about jumping on the bandwagon built with the cash of others in a legacy window (buy in cost). Keep in mind that the money is coming from a 3rd party with a record of investing in various sports. This isn’t Mateschitz dumping money into something he was passionate about (and saving two teams), or Haas committing his own money before it was the obvious investment move, or Stroll saving Force India.

This was strictly a 3rd party trying to leverage a low buy in cost to create a franchise asset that was to be managed by a group that aren’t exactly successful in an open wheel spec series.

If you want to compare it to Haas, Gene made the personal financial commitment as a racer, Gainbridge was trying to make it as an investment.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 4:44:16 PM EDT
[#27]
F1's concerns about Andretti building a new car for 2025, and then doing it all over again for the regs changes for 2026 are completely valid IMO.

Also, wanting to use someone else's engine while working with another supplier to build your own opens the flood gates to unauthorized information sharing. F1 said that an application for 2028 would be viewed totally differently.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 6:24:06 PM EDT
[#28]
It'll be interesting to see if Audi stay the course, because if they are their usual capricious selves, it changes the dynamic a lot.

The thing that makes me curious about this is F1 just a couple of years ago was anxious about the engine supplier situation. They absolutely would want GM in as soon as possible. Maybe they don't think they're going to do it?
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 6:25:24 PM EDT
[#29]
F1's concerns about Andretti building a new car for 2025, and then doing it all over again for the regs changes for 2026 are completely valid IMO.

Also, wanting to use someone else's engine while working with another supplier to build your own opens the flood gates to unauthorized information sharing. F1 said that an application for 2028 would be viewed totally differently.
View Quote

F1 is also calling their bluff on GM developing a PU.

Ok, show us how committed you actually are.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 6:33:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Esterhase:
It'll be interesting to see if Audi stay the course, because if they are their usual capricious selves, it changes the dynamic a lot.

The thing that makes me curious about this is F1 just a couple of years ago was anxious about the engine supplier situation. They absolutely would want GM in as soon as possible. Maybe they don't think they're going to do it?
View Quote
VAG is as fickle as the wind.
I'd be concerned about their long term commitment to anything, with either Audi or Porsche.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 6:44:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By tifosi:
VAG is as fickle as the wind.
I'd be concerned about their long term commitment to anything, with either Audi or Porsche.
View Quote

I'm in absolute agreement about Audi, but have a lot of respect for Porsche. They tend to stick their projects, and they genuinely want to race. I'm not sure that means anything for F1 (Porsche don't have the brand synergy) but I see them as distinct from their four-ring brother.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 6:48:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Let the speculation begin….

Link Posted: 1/31/2024 6:53:10 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

I speculate Will Buxton is an insufferable wanker
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 8:13:19 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

Sainz out at Ferrari.

Is the entire silly season going to happen before the first race? It's ruining some questions on the survey
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 8:18:49 PM EDT
[#35]

Sainz out at Ferrari.

Is the entire silly season going to happen before the first race? It's ruining some questions on the survey
View All Quotes

Sainz out at Ferrari.

Link Posted: 1/31/2024 11:45:14 PM EDT
[#36]

Sainz out at Ferrari.

View All Quotes

Sainz out at Ferrari.

Is this the actual announcement, or just Will Buxton being a wanker by playing “I’ve got a secret”?
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 11:58:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Reddit is full of Hamilton to Ferrari talk. And there’s no way Ferrari are dumping Leclerc.

Hamilton is at the end of his career. RB is ahead by miles and Mercedes isn’t building a contender. He has always felt the need to race for Ferrari. His contract he just signed is a 1+1 deal… this could actually be happening.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 6:51:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: chaas67] [#38]
Don’t know the source but could this be the big news, Ferrari and Redbull!?  Perhaps click bait, anyone know this person?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 7:16:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: OHBuckeyes] [#39]
Sky announced Hamilton to Ferrari for 2025!

Now I really get to root against them.

Wonder who Shung is going to root for???

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/13061245/lewis-hamilton-to-join-ferrari-for-2025-formula-1-season
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 7:31:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: fredegar] [#40]
Originally Posted By OHBuckeyes:
Sky announced Hamilton to Ferrari for 2025!

Now I really get to root against them.

Wonder who Shung is going to root for???

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/13061245/lewis-hamilton-to-join-ferrari-for-2025-formula-1-season
View Quote

Almost hard to believe. That Shung part for real tho

Also, driving an entire season for your future former team never seems like a good idea.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 7:38:45 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By fredegar:

Almost hard to believe. That Shung part for real tho

Also, driving an season year for your future former team never seems like a good idea.
View Quote

The paddocks are going to be interesting this year.

I would have to think that the Mercedes team will tailor the car around George this year, would that make sense?

I can only imagine what silly season will look like this year if this is how preseason is going to be. 😁
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 7:41:58 AM EDT
[#42]
Buxton had better intel than O'Keefe.  Strange days to be alive.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 7:55:28 AM EDT
[#43]

Sainz out at Ferrari.

View All Quotes

Sainz out at Ferrari.

Sainz leaving wasn't a long shot.

Hamilton replacing him? God damn, that's wild.

Hamilton took one look at the W15 and said naw I'm out.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 8:04:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Shung] [#44]
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Either Ferrari will have to suck big time or leclerc to crush lulu for me to keep watching

Or maybe someone thought it was April already ?
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 8:07:39 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Shung:

Either Ferrari will have to suck big time or leclerc to crush lulu for me to keep watching
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/1/2024 8:11:37 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Shung:

Or maybe someone thought it was April already ?
View Quote

I really hope this is not true. But at the same time Sainz to AMR or RB for 25 then. Hopefully AMR so I get the points.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 8:12:23 AM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

This I thought that was a very legitimate point and pretty much called Andretti a clown.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 8:14:50 AM EDT
[#48]
Hahahaha Ferrari really is self destructive
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 8:15:03 AM EDT
[#49]
This is a weird move on Ferrari’s side. Hamilton is clearly still driving well but driving better than Sainz?  How many years will LH stick around and commit to Ferrari?  2-3 years at the most I’d imagine.

I didn’t expect to read this at all this morning.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 8:36:06 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By chaas67:
Don't know the source but could this be the big news, Ferrari and Redbull!?  Perhaps click bait, anyone know this person?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/137615/IMG_1849_png-3114286.JPG
View Quote
Goddamn it.  

can we request a Mulligan on the survey if the entire structure of reality falls apart before day 1 of testing?   This is what I get for doing assignments before the deadline.
Page / 145
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top