User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 147
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 8:37:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Shung:
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Either Ferrari will have to suck big time or leclerc to crush lulu for me to keep watching

Or maybe someone thought it was April already ?
View Quote

I honest to god feel for you as a Ferrari Fan Shung.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 8:48:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Deadtired:
Goddamn it.  

can we request a Mulligan on the survey if the entire structure of reality falls apart before day 1 of testing?   This is what I get for doing assignments before the deadline.
View Quote

I’m actually waiting for an announcement that Max is retiring effective immediately to pursue an art career.

Would not surprise me in the least right now 😆
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 8:54:57 AM EDT
[#3]
I won't be watching another race now that the Euros have refused Andretti-Cadillac. They want our money but won't give us a team. They caved to Mercedes and Ferrari who effectively run the sport like their own Euro kingdom.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 9:10:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By CanaryCamaro:
This is a weird move on Ferrari's side. Hamilton is clearly still driving well but driving better than Sainz?  How many years will LH stick around and commit to Ferrari?  2-3 years at the most I'd imagine.

I didn't expect to read this at all this morning.
View Quote
Your telling me!
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 9:11:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By GeneralDisaray:

This I thought that was a very legitimate point and pretty much called Andretti a clown.
View Quote

I agree with you. I have a PM back ground with a focus on engineering and reading Andretti’s plan made me question a lot of things.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 9:17:09 AM EDT
[#6]
It seems really strange for Ferrari to commit to someone who is clearly at the twilight of their F1 career.
Sainz has 2 wins over the last 2 years to Lewis' Zero. Leclerc has 3. Sainz and Charles make a perfect team
IMO. They both speak Italian. They both have very similar personalities. They get along great. And of course, they're both
great drivers.

Ferrari's problems are *not* with their driver lineup.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 9:21:01 AM EDT
[#7]
In Toto’s voice “No Lewis, No. this so not right.”
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 9:23:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By tifosi:
It seems really strange for Ferrari to commit to someone who is clearly at the twilight of their F1 career.
Sainz has 2 wins over the last 2 years to Lewis' Zero. Leclerc has 3. Sainz and Charles make a perfect team
IMO. They both speak Italian. They both have very similar personalities. They get along great. And of course, they're both
great drivers.

View Quote
Lewis is Vettel 2.0
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 9:36:14 AM EDT
[#9]

Either Ferrari will have to suck big time or leclerc to crush lulu for me to keep watching

View Quote

Just in case.

https://findahelpline.com/countries/ch/topics/suicidal-thoughts
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 9:42:20 AM EDT
[#10]
great drivers.

View Quote

Reading the news this was my first thought as well, but I think it might have something to do with Audi's push into F1 and Sainz wanting to race for an Audi team.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 9:44:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TotalNovice] [#11]

View Quote

I'll start a gofundme for you..... to buy a Ferrari shirt with Hamilton's name on.

Link Posted: 2/1/2024 9:47:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By KTMmx001:
I won't be watching another race now that the Euros have refused Andretti-Cadillac. They want our money but won't give us a team. They caved to Mercedes and Ferrari who effectively run the sport like their own Euro kingdom.
View Quote

What is a 'Euro' how is this multinational sport 'your money'.

Don't be retarded.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 9:52:35 AM EDT
[#13]
That is really surprising. Very strange indeed if true.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 9:56:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By TotalNovice:

I'll stop a gofundme for you..... to buy a Ferrari shirt with Hamilton's name on.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TotalNovice:

I'll stop a gofundme for you..... to buy a Ferrari shirt with Hamilton's name on.

I'll throw in on the condition he wears it for every race.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 9:57:51 AM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

Formula one is europe. Deal with it.

If it were for me there would be no race outside europe but for 1 race in cAnad, one in Brazil, one in the USA and one in Japan
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 10:00:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By TarawaS2000:

I'll throw in on the condition he wears it for every race.
View Quote

I’d rather wear a Renault Petrov shirt
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 10:05:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Fuck all that.  It's bad enough watching the red team fuck up every race, now I have to watch it with that clown on the team?
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 10:09:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Operation Cold Shoulder at Mercedes for 2024. That will be interesting to watch play out.

Albon to Mercedes in 2025.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 10:11:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Freiheit338:
Lewis is Vettel 2.0
View All Quotes
great drivers.

Lewis is Vettel 2.0
Nailed it.
Mercedes has spent many years bending over backwards for Lewis, and putting him on a pedestal.
At Ferrari, the *only* thing that matters is Ferrari. I wonder if Lewis understands the culture he'll be getting into?
It's going to be very different for him and I can definitely see him burning out like Vettel did.

LEC/SAI are company men. They understand that culture. Lewis doesn't.

2025 is going to be wild.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 10:16:40 AM EDT
[#20]
In other news, Ollie Bearman is the official Haas reserve driver and will participate in 6 FP1 sessions.

Looks like another move for 2025.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 10:18:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Shung] [#21]
Mercedes already betting on kimi Antonelli for 2025?
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 10:23:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By fike:
Operation Cold Shoulder at Mercedes for 2024. That will be interesting to watch play out.

View Quote

No kidding. I guess they can’t just let him go now without being called racist, but why would you want a driver around who you knew was already committed to leaving?
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 10:25:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Really weird to have a lame duck driver IMO.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 10:27:01 AM EDT
[#24]
I guess Hammy really wants to check off the “drive for Ferrari” box on his F1 bucket list.  That’s the only logical explanation.  I think Leclerc might want to be a little worried as, like him or not, Hammy can still be a formidable driver in a car that isn’t a complete POS.  After Canada in 2022, and overall in 2023, he beat Russell.  Leclerc is going to have to stop making stupid mistakes.  Think this is a massive mistake for Ferrari and they’re doing Sainz dirty.  He doesn’t deserve to get dumped as he’s a good driver.

Has this been officially confirmed by anyone, or just a very loud rumor that’s spreading?
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 10:34:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Shung] [#25]
Originally Posted By willi3d:
I guess Hammy really wants to check off the “drive for Ferrari” box on his F1 bucket list.  That’s the only logical explanation.  I think Leclerc might want to be a little worried as, like him or not, Hammy can still be a formidable driver in a car that isn’t a complete POS.  After Canada in 2022, and overall in 2023, he beat Russell.  Leclerc is going to have to stop making stupid mistakes.  Think this is a massive mistake for Ferrari and they’re doing Sainz dirty.  He doesn’t deserve to get dumped as he’s a good driver.

Has this been officially confirmed by anyone, or just a very loud rumor that’s spreading?
View Quote

Still a rumor started by Peroni being announced as a sponsor for Ferrari showing a champagne bottle and a old Ferrari model with number 44’on it

But toto was to speak at 3

Some are saying it could happen BEFORE 2025

Big mistake in my opinion as well

I think Hamilton may think ferrari would be the only serious chance to beat Red Bull in the next coupe of years
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 10:35:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By willi3d:

View Quote

Nothing official, but there has obviously been confirmation from those involved.

Craig Slater confirmed that there is/was an unscheduled all hands team meeting today at Mercedes that saw Toto flying in to speak to the team.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 10:35:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Lewis is Vettel 2.0
View All Quotes
great drivers.

Lewis is Vettel 2.0

Exactly.

Vettel went to Ferrari after 1 bad season with Redbull after having won 4 straight WDC with them. He arguably could have won 2 championships with Ferrari in 2017 and 2018 if the team performed better in the second half of the season.

Alonso is also thriving after moving to Aston Martin, although his career has been much more erratic with his team changes.

I'd expect Lewis to have a similar time at Ferrari.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 10:36:53 AM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

Naw, 2024 is going to be the Mercedes-Lewis farewell tour.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 10:37:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By DCV_117:

Exactly.

Vettel went to Ferrari after 1 bad season with Redbull after having won 4 straight WDC with them. He arguably could have won 2 championships with Ferrari in 2017 and 2018 if the team performed better in the second half of the season.

Alonso is also thriving after moving to Aston Martin, although his career has been much more erratic with his team changes.

I'd expect Lewis to have a similar time at Ferrari.
View Quote

Vettel is arguably at fault for screwing the pooch himself in hockenheim… and then Ferrari got fucked by Grosjean in spa and Japan if I remember well.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 10:40:15 AM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes

I agree, but that is on the outside. Internal communication has already been amended. As the season goes on, he will be left out of more and more discussions.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 10:42:34 AM EDT
[#31]
More confirmation.

Link Posted: 2/1/2024 10:47:22 AM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

You'll get to see both of those things
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 10:49:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Shung] [#33]
Now leclerc has to be world champion by the end of the year.

No way I want to see Ferrari win in 2025 and then claiming it’s thanks to lulu

Damn, 2024 starts sucking already
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 10:49:16 AM EDT
[#34]
Putting myself in Hamilton's shoes, I can see the appeal of wearing the red suit before retiring, just like Vettel.  Lewis already has FU money, so...

Link Posted: 2/1/2024 10:50:59 AM EDT
[#35]
I disliked RB Vettel a lot.

That gives me hope

I kinda hate woke Vettel again though
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 10:52:31 AM EDT
[#36]
More confirmation.

View Quote

It's has to be true, I've never seen such a monumental and widespread rumor turn out to be false.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 10:55:23 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 10:56:10 AM EDT
[#38]
In other news, Ollie Bearman is the official Haas reserve driver and will participate in 6 FP1 sessions.

Looks like another move for 2025.
View Quote

He is very, very good.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 10:57:24 AM EDT
[#39]
The move does not make sense apart from on an emotionally driven level. Ferrari still has the prestige to a driver. Maybe they wowed him with some wind tunnel numbers or something.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 10:58:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Shung] [#40]
Originally Posted By Esterhase:
The move does not make sense apart from on an emotionally driven level. Ferrari still has the prestige to a driver. Maybe they wowed him with some wind tunnel numbers or something.
View Quote

Yes, maybe Hamilton knows some things we don’t.

I don’t see him changing for a less competitive car

Just like Alonso initial love to AM
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 11:00:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DCV_117] [#41]
Goddamn it.  

can we request a Mulligan on the survey if the entire structure of reality falls apart before day 1 of testing?   This is what I get for doing assignments before the deadline.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By chaas67:
Don't know the source but could this be the big news, Ferrari and Redbull!?  Perhaps click bait, anyone know this person?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/137615/IMG_1849_png-3114286.JPG
Goddamn it.  

Ehhh we all know the risks of filling out out early.

To be fair, it doesn't effect any question out right, I guess if you selected "Alex Albon goes to Ferrari for 2025" in the wild prediction part you missed out, but odds are most of those wont come true anyways.

The Andretti news didn't fully knock out that question either, as they could still be announced for a future season other than 2025.

Edit: Only 2 people have selected Albon to Ferrari and I was one of them
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 11:02:49 AM EDT
[#42]

Gross.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 11:10:06 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 11:11:28 AM EDT
[#44]
I’m looking forward to watch the evolution of the sentient of English fans.

Looks like Lando is now the anointed. I wonder how the view of Mercedes will change? Hell, they might even join RB and lose the status of “an English team”.

Link Posted: 2/1/2024 11:11:46 AM EDT
[#45]
Now the only worst thing that could happened is Marquez winning in 2024 with the client Ducati

Fuck 2024
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 11:12:16 AM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

They’re doing you a favor. This venture had red flags and failure written all over it. Andretti’s Indycar program has been in the toilet for years and that’s a minimal development spec series.We would need a Penske or a Hendrick type org to make this work.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 11:12:30 AM EDT
[#47]

Ehhh we all know the risks of filling out out early.

To be fair, it doesn't effect any question out right, I guess if you selected "Alex Albon goes to Ferrari for 2025" in the wild prediction part you missed out, but odds are most of those wont come true anyways.

The Andretti news didn't fully knock out that question either, as they could still be announced for a future season other than 2025.

Edit: Only 2 people have selected Albon to Ferrari and I was one of them
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/1/2024 11:13:36 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Teamer:
In Toto’s voice “No Lewis, No. this so not right.”
View Quote

Toto under his breath:”oh thank god they took that assclown off my hand.”
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 11:15:31 AM EDT
[#49]
I’m looking forward to watch the evolution of the sentient of English fans.

Looks like Lando is now the anointed. I wonder how the view of Mercedes will change? Hell, they might even join RB and lose the status of “an English team”.

View Quote

Lol, we need the meme with the guy sweating over which button to push…."Root for LH" and "Root against Ferrari"
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 11:21:44 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By SemperGumbi:

No kidding. I guess they can’t just let him go now without being called racist, but why would you want a driver around who you knew was already committed to leaving?
View Quote

Committed a FULL YEAR before hand.....thats.....gotta present some secrecy challenges for Mercedes on development too.
Page / 147
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top