BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 195
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 6:57:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By fike:

Pantone 296C for the recent stuff. Pretty dark to blend in with the raw carbon.

https://i.imgur.com/pyqHcbi.jpeg

Back when everything was glossy, it was a lighter blue. Pantone 655C.

https://s3images.coroflot.com/user_files/individual_files/large_151784_MQvfMm98tuF63BMzVEDdDMzgM.jpg

https://s3images.coroflot.com/user_files/individual_files/large_151784_yxnkkygaafovjjjqqbfwtfbhs.jpg
View Quote

I want Red Bull to bring back some purple.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 8:35:56 AM EDT
[#2]
New gravel trap at the last corner in Austria to avoid the track limits fiasco we had last year.

Link Posted: 6/25/2024 8:43:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Haas to confirm Bearman as 2025 driver:

Bearman Haas
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 10:16:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By stampkolektor:

Bearman Haas
View Quote

Finally new blood.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 10:36:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: stampkolektor] [#5]
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:

Finally new blood.
View Quote

Apparently Botas + new team is next to announce. Which means Sainz has already decided and is just waiting on press release?
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 10:56:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By stampkolektor:

Bearman Haas
View Quote

I'll believe it when I see it official.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 11:05:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Mblades:

According to Newy that’s a myth. They build the car to be as fast as possible in a vacuum, then they ad the driver and start making compromises, the driver who can better adapt their style to the car in its fastest form and demand the fewest compromises will be quicker. Sure certain drivers mesh with certain cars better than others but the thought Max is the only one who could be successful in the current RB isn’t true. No other team has a car that only suits one driver to the extent Max is dominant over Perez.
View Quote

Vettel got on particularly well with the blown diffuser, especially rotating the car on turn-in. For whatever reason, nobody could match him on that. His drop in form in 2014 coincided with the end of that technical era and he looked quite ordinary again.

In '92 Mansell was able to find the high margin in the active FW14B. Ricardo Patrese, who was frequently beating Mansell in the previous year's car, just could not get along with it.

Schumacher was known to favor a very positive front-end. He also liked strong engine braking. In 1995, When Ferrari tried their new V10  - a better engine than the outgoing V12 - designer John Barnard was astonished to hear Schumacher complain he did not like the off-throttle character of the V10, because the V12's high internal friction suited the feel he liked on corner entry.

Williams' Frank Dernie (engineered Montoya among others) said the best drivers did not pretend to know anything about the cars; rather they told the engineer what was happening and it was for the engineer to figure out how to get things how the driver liked them. No driver (apart from maybe Mansell who had some engineering education) would get into spring rates or aero maps.

Link Posted: 6/25/2024 11:07:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By tifosi:
If I recall, there are a few tracks where pole is actually on the dirty side of the track.
(I can't think of an example off hand, but I'll try to update if I do.)
P2 can actually be a benefit in those cases.
View Quote
is

The most famous in F1 history is Suzuka 1990.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 11:45:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: spyk3] [#9]
Originally Posted By Esterhase:

Vettel got on particularly well with the blown diffuser, especially rotating the car on turn-in. For whatever reason, nobody could match him on that. His drop in form in 2014 coincided with the end of that technical era and he looked quite ordinary again.

In '92 Mansell was able to find the high margin in the active FW14B. Ricardo Patrese, who was frequently beating Mansell in the previous year's car, just could not get along with it.

Schumacher was known to favor a very positive front-end. He also liked strong engine braking. In 1995, When Ferrari tried their new V10  - a better engine than the outgoing V12 - designer John Barnard was astonished to hear Schumacher complain he did not like the off-throttle character of the V10, because the V12's high internal friction suited the feel he liked on corner entry.

Williams' Frank Dernie (engineered Montoya among others) said the best drivers did not pretend to know anything about the cars; rather they told the engineer what was happening and it was for the engineer to figure out how to get things how the driver liked them. No driver (apart from maybe Mansell who had some engineering education) would get into spring rates or aero maps.

View Quote

You realize that was banned in 2012 regulations right?
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 11:53:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By spyk3:

View Quote

Not quite. RB had a coanda exhaust that year, which achieved (once they got it working) a very similar effect. It is a central thread of Newey's book.

The extreme torque maps were reigned in, but the blown diffuser was still very much a thing until the turbo hybrid.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 11:55:28 AM EDT
[#11]

Not quite. RB had a coanda exhaust that year, which achieved (once they got it working) a very similar effect. It is a central thread of Newey's book.

The extreme torque maps were reigned in, but the blown diffuser was still very much a thing until the turbo hybrid.
View Quote

Ok.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 3:38:41 PM EDT
[#12]

Pantone 296C for the recent stuff. Pretty dark to blend in with the raw carbon.

https://i.imgur.com/pyqHcbi.jpeg

Back when everything was glossy, it was a lighter blue. Pantone 655C.

https://s3images.coroflot.com/user_files/individual_files/large_151784_MQvfMm98tuF63BMzVEDdDMzgM.jpg

https://s3images.coroflot.com/user_files/individual_files/large_151784_yxnkkygaafovjjjqqbfwtfbhs.jpg
View Quote

Agreed, outstanding information. Many tx *cheers*
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 5:18:19 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I miss that noise
How the Formula 1 Blown Exhausts Sound Like - F1 2011
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 5:38:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fike] [#14]
Originally Posted By Plumber576:

I miss that noise
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmGgvHflXgc
View All Quotes

I miss that noise

In an episode of Talking Bull, Chief Designer Craig Skinner brought in a 2012 exhaust and told the story on how they were able to make it work.

Starts at 20:45.

How To Design a Championship Winning Formula 1 Car ?? | Talking Bull Podcast

Link Posted: 6/25/2024 5:46:10 PM EDT
[#15]

I miss that noise
View Quote

I absolutely hate the way the current cars sound.  I would rather hear Danica Patrick be a talking head on Sky than hear the current cars.  The new ones will sound like shit also.  

At least she looks good in, ah, any clothes.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 5:59:26 PM EDT
[#16]

I absolutely hate the way the current cars sound.  I would rather hear Danica Patrick be a talking head on Sky than hear the current cars.  The new ones will sound like shit also.  

View All Quotes

I miss that noise

I’m guessing Danica’s days are numbered at Sky after her reptilian shapeshifter podcast has gone viral.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 9:29:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fike] [#17]

This is probably the first step in prepping the team to be sold. The team (Enstone) would be much more marketable with a customer PU deal already done.

ETA: I’d even go so far to speculate that Flavio might have been brought in to operate as an intermediary between Renault and a potential buyer with a mandate to secure a PU provider, etc. If that is the case, the buyer is probably either Korean or Chinese.
View Quote

I’m going back to the conversation on Alpine possibly being sold and the news that (a) Carlos cancelled his planned announcement and (b) it is being reported that Alpine is now in the conversation for his services.

I don’t think we are in a world where Carlos would choose to go to the current Alpine team, but it is interesting to consider what buyer might change his mind.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 9:52:35 PM EDT
[#18]

I’m guessing Danica’s days are numbered at Sky after her reptilian shapeshifter podcast has gone viral.
View Quote

We can only hope.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 8:43:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Teamer:

We can only hope.
View All Quotes

We can only hope.

Looks like Daniel’s days are numbered as well.

Link Posted: 6/26/2024 9:14:31 AM EDT
[#20]

Looks like Daniel's days are numbered as well.

View All Quotes

I'm guessing Danica's days are numbered at Sky after her reptilian shapeshifter podcast has gone viral.

We can only hope.

He'll be a presenter on Sky next season.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 9:23:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Cypher214:

View Quote
Can you imagine a commentary team of Nico Rosberg and Danny Ric? That'd be epic.

(Also, Alex Brundle did really good on the Le Mans broadcast. He should take his father's place.)
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 9:24:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: fike] [#22]

View All Quotes

I'm guessing Danica's days are numbered at Sky after her reptilian shapeshifter podcast has gone viral.

We can only hope.

Probably for the best. He can replace Danica.

Another possible option to see another rookie in a seat next year.

ETA: Leaking the above (now) is a pretty good indication that Carlos is probably going somewhere else.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 10:41:14 AM EDT
[#23]

ETA: Leaking the above (now) is a pretty good indication that Carlos is probably going somewhere else.
View Quote

Sounds like there is a seat at VCARB. All so confusing.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 10:56:24 AM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes

My guesses:

- Daniel out at VCARB, replaced by Lawson
- Everybody was set up for a Sainz announcement at Williams, but that got canceled. He is either being wooed back to Audi/Sauber or he has been informed (hot take) that Alpine (Endstone) is being purchased by Hyundai.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 11:13:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RattleCanAR] [#25]

My guesses:

- Everybody was set up for a Sainz announcement at Williams, but that got canceled. He is either being wooed back to Audi/Sauber or he has been informed (hot take) that Alpine (Endstone) is being purchased by Hyundai.
View Quote

Hyundai is popping up in ACC as track side advertising. N24 was the first I specifically noticed it. It may be on other circuits.

It seems like they are trying break in more, but F1?  I think Andretti will buy Alpine.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 12:17:37 PM EDT
[#26]

Hyundai is popping up in ACC as track side advertising. N24 was the first I specifically noticed it. It may be on other circuits.

It seems like they are trying break in more, but F1?  I think Andretti will buy Alpine.
View All Quotes

My guesses:

I wish he’d go away. His lobbying to congress was a step too far.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 12:24:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Own a watch made from parts of F1 Lotus raced by Senna.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 12:29:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Javak:
Own a watch made from parts of F1 Lotus raced by Senna.
View Quote

Wow that's actually a good looking watch and cheaper than I expected.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 12:50:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fike] [#29]

View All Quotes

My guesses:

The Hyundai F1 rumors have been going for a while and I don’t really see Carlos walking away from Audi or Williams to sign up for Andretti. I could be wrong, but there are significant question marks on what Andretti would do with Enstone and how much they will favor American drivers.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 1:04:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Would like to see Drugovich in F1. He had a great F2 campaign. The kid's got some speed. He very nearly subbed for Stroll after his bike accident.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 1:08:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Would like to see Drugovich in F1. He had a great F2 campaign. The kid's got some speed. He very nearly subbed for Stroll after his bike accident.
View Quote

No doubt. And AM is a dead end for the foreseeable future.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 1:13:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Can you imagine a commentary team of Nico Rosberg and Danny Ric? That'd be epic.

(Also, Alex Brundle did really good on the Le Mans broadcast. He should take his father's place.)
View Quote
Lol no.  

I like Smilin' Dan, but I made it through 5 minutes of his horrific commentary with Will Arnett at Miami(?) last year and shut it off.  He can't articulate his thoughts that fast.  

Nico is good, DC on F1TV is pretty good, but based on their press appearances most drivers couldn't commentate for shit.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 1:18:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Alex is a regular on the feeder races at F1TV, with Alex Jacques. He is very good. Great LMP2 racer as well.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 1:44:30 PM EDT
[#34]
AUSTRIAN GRAND PRIX SCHEDULE

FRI 06/28
FP1 6:30AM - ESPN2
SPRINT QUALI 10:30AM - ESPN2

SAT 06/29
SPRINT 6AM - ESPN2
QUALI 10AM - ESPN2

SUN 06/30
RACE 9AM - ESPN

Max Verstappen's Pole Lap | 2023 Austrian Grand Prix | Pirelli

Extended Race Highlights | 1999 Austrian Grand Prix
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 2:12:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Just received our seat assignments for Spa in my email.
Gold 3 grandstand, block C, row 5.
So about where the arrow is.

Link Posted: 6/26/2024 2:33:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Just received our seat assignments for Spa in my email.
Gold 3 grandstand, block C, row 5.
So about where the arrow is.

https://i.postimg.cc/yds5XDTS/Gold-3-stand-copy.jpg
View Quote

Have a great time. You should have pretty decent access to the circuit too. It's a wonderful place.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 3:16:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 3:28:36 PM EDT
[#38]
The only curiousity with Marko's statement is that it has been true since the inception of the team, upto and including last Summer. If he wants to say Ricciardo didn't work out he should just spit it out. He does not usually mince words.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 3:45:19 PM EDT
[#39]
The only curiousity with Marko's statement is that it has been true since the inception of the team, upto and including last Summer. If he wants to say Ricciardo didn't work out he should just spit it out. He does not usually mince words.
View Quote

I think Marko is just trying to remind everyone that the young driver program/ feeder team was his idea in an attempt to stay relevant. Dieter is dead, Marko’s program hasn’t produced a top quality driver in quite a while, Horner wants him out.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 3:50:17 PM EDT
[#40]

My guesses:

View All Quotes

My guesses:

Third option: Sainz is waiting for Checo to qualify 16th again this weekend and will be going back to Red Bull in 2025.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 4:27:09 PM EDT
[#41]

I think Marko is just trying to remind everyone that the young driver program/ feeder team was his idea in an attempt to stay relevant. Dieter is dead, Marko’s program hasn’t produced a top quality driver in quite a while, Horner wants him out.
View Quote

That's a good point. I wonder what Tost would have made of it all. He was pretty cool, and did not have much time for Marko or Horner.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 4:58:17 PM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

An additional thought on the date.

This year’s Goodwood is featuring Red Bull and Ricciardo is scheduled to participate between July 11-14.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 4:58:40 PM EDT
[#43]

Third option: Sainz is waiting for Checo to qualify 16th again this weekend and will be going back to Red Bull in 2025.
View Quote

Checo is team paycheck. He isn’t going anywhere.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 5:10:45 PM EDT
[#44]

View All Quotes

Money is money, but the value is highly overestimated in a budget cap environment with the big teams putting up $100 million dollar EBITAs each season.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 5:13:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mblades] [#45]

Money is money, but the value is highly overestimated in a budget cap environment with the big teams putting up $100 million dollar EBITAs each season.
View All Quotes

Yeah, that’s why I never thought he’d end up at RB in the first place. I didn’t think a pay driver would have any appeal to them.

Edit: maybe I shouldn’t have said any appeal but not like a Haas or Williams.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 5:20:51 PM EDT
[#46]

I would rather hear Danica Patrick be a talking head on Sky than hear the current cars.

View Quote

I hope I never get to that point.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 5:24:41 PM EDT
[#47]

Yeah, that’s why I never thought he’d end up at RB in the first place. I didn’t think a pay driver would have any appeal to them.

View Quote

He brings in the money to pay Max.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 5:28:53 PM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes

To be fair, his tenure with Red Bull has been successful…so far.

2021- Max WDC and hailed as “the minister of defense helping Max”.
2022 - WDC and WCC
2023 - WDC and WCC
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 5:29:03 PM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

Max brings in the money to pay Max, RB doesn’t need a pay driver for that.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 5:34:21 PM EDT
[#50]

2022 - WDC and WCC
2023 - WDC and WCC
View All Quotes

2022 - WDC and WCC
2023 - WDC and WCC

IMO that was the only performance since joining the team that’s been worth while. They didn’t even need to run a second car last year to take both championships. I don’t think there is a single driver on the grid you could have put in that car the last two years and gotten a different result.
Page / 195
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top