BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 195
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 5:55:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By D_J:

I would not put it past a driver - especially a driver fighting for a race win - to intentionally lock the breaks, trying to help convince stewards that the race leader unsafely let their pit.  The drama and blame-game'ing in F1 rivals the fake injuries of soccer.
View Quote

That’s indeed another possibility but it didn’t look so to me.
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 6:09:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Esterhase:

He gave it back, and thus no advantage gained. My understanding of the rule is that the driver must gain an advantage to qualify for a penalty. For example, when Max then did it and used it to keep the place.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Rebel31:

because of the track limit violations. He picked up a 5 second penalty by dive bombing a corner trying to pass Max.

He gave it back, and thus no advantage gained. My understanding of the rule is that the driver must gain an advantage to qualify for a penalty. For example, when Max then did it and used it to keep the place.

Are you referring to when Lando forced Verstappen off the track in T3?  He had to leave the track to avoid a collision and lost time in the process.
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 7:46:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By sledhead907:
I feel like automating the track limits issue would be easy. Either through embedded sensors or cameras via AI.
View Quote

They did. Won’t stop the whinging.

https://racer.com/2024/06/26/fia-rolls-out-new-ai-system-to-help-police-track-limits-at-austrian-gp/
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 8:02:54 PM EDT
[#4]
View Quote

If I have the time, I am going to listen to Lando's radio comms.  I wonder if he was told each time he had a TL and the corner, in a timely manner so he could correct it subsequent laps or if they just told him 5 corners later or even some stupidity like, "Lando, you have 4 TLs, don't do it anymore."  That won't do much good at all.  

My point about the gravel wasn't the measure in place now, it is a measure that would be easy for everyone, including the driver to know they got a TL.  Touching the gravel is obvious to everyone, including the driver.
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 9:09:21 PM EDT
[#5]
One point I haven't really seen discussed here yet is how close Lando came to getting a penalty for driving an unsafe car on the track. I guess the majority of the shredded tire flapping that was beating his car up happened on pit lane. Max had a tire off the wheel but it didn't disintegrate the way Lando's did.

Checo got a 3 position penalty for this after driving back to the pit with a damaged wing but had parts coming off the car in Montreal. Lando narrowly made it back to pit lane before his tire decided to beat the shit out of his car that sent parts flying off.
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 10:09:09 PM EDT
[#6]
One point I haven't really seen discussed here yet is how close Lando came to getting a penalty for driving an unsafe car on the track. I guess the majority of the shredded tire flapping that was beating his car up happened on pit lane. Max had a tire off the wheel but it didn't disintegrate the way Lando's did.

Checo got a 3 position penalty for this after driving back to the pit with a damaged wing but had parts coming off the car in Montreal. Lando narrowly made it back to pit lane before his tire decided to beat the shit out of his car that sent parts flying off.
View Quote

I thought about that at the time. I know he was seeing nothing but red at the time but if Lando would have taken more care with how he was driving back to the pits they could have got him back out. He would probably have picked up a least a couple points and not shredded his rear wing and the side of his car.
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 10:25:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Mblades:

I thought about that at the time. I know he was seeing nothing but red at the time but if Lando would have taken more care with how he was driving back to the pits they could have got him back out. He would probably have picked up a least a couple points and not shredded his rear wing and the side of his car.
View All Quotes

No way to prove if he'd been able to get back out but he seemed 'done' as soon as he got the car parked regardless of what else happened or if they actually could get the car back and get points. I thought his post race interview was super emotional like he was on the verge of tears. I'll still root for him to be competitive with Max. I'm enjoying this season quite a lot.

And to correct the earlier posts even though McLaren did pause 5 seconds before working on the car the 5 second penalty was actually assessed towards his total time. Finishing 90% of the race is considered finishing the race so they added 5 seconds to end. I went and looked it up because it wasn't clear at the end of the race if he'd actually served the 5 second time penalty.

Alonso was given 2 penalty points for dive bombing and causing a collision this same race. So you can dive bomb but if you cause a collision or go off course limits there is going to be some type of action.
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 10:54:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Just caught up on the sprint and the race so I’m a little late to the party but here is my takeaways from the weekend.

1. I still really like the current sprint weekend format and look forward to them. Sprint qualifying and a sprint race are worlds more entertaining than FP2 and FP3. I’d like to see sprint weekends somewhere between 1/4 and 1/3 of the calendar.

2. The black cloud that’s followed LeClerc his whole F1 career seems to be back. Ferrari doing Ferrari things screwed him in the sprint and the 3 into 1 Perez and Piastri sandwich screwed him in the race. Qualifying was on him but that’s to be expected with LeClerc, he goes 100% during qualifying and sometimes pushes a little too hard but he’s also got 24 pole positions and hasn’t had the best car on the grid for any of them, it’s pretty impressive what he can do over one lap.

3. The Lando/Max was in motion since lap 1, turn 1 last week in Spain. Lando had a whole week to stew about bitching out and going from 1st to 3rd, I think he had made up his mind before the weekend started that next time he wouldn’t back down. Combine that with Max’s well known “either you blink or we have a big crash” method of defense and it was always going to happen if they found themselves on the same piece of track at the same time.

4. The crash overshadowed the fact RB is as dominant as ever. If it wasn’t for the botched pit stop Max would have finished 10 seconds ahead of anyone in the field. He won the sprint race by almost 5 seconds and qualified 4/10ths ahead of everyone on the shortest lap of the year. We’ll see what happens next week but I’m guessing the RB is going to be the fastest car out there again.

5. Checo fucking sucks. He’ll probably be 7th in the drivers championship by the summer break and 8th at the end of the season. Just give the seat to Lawson for the rest of the season, he couldn’t do worse.
View Quote

I have to disagree on #1.  I think having FP2 and FP3 are needed for car development and dialing it in for the race.  I would be OK adding them to the format and keeping what is there though.  Say 1 and 2 before the sprint qualification and sprint race and 3 between that and the actual qualification / race.

Also I don't buy 4 because Lando was make up ground on Max and forced him to defend.  Yes, the pit stop helped but closing to DRS range was Lando.  I think Max drove the wheels off an inferior car.

And 5, for sure we are on the same page.
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 10:55:34 PM EDT
[#9]

He is very marmite to people, but he's not wrong here. People are talking about something other than another Verstappen win (I thought it would be another Verstappen win).
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fike:
As much as I’m not a fan of David Valsecchi’s commentary generally, you have to give him credit for standing between Buxton’s and Palmer’s hype and blame game and saying  “this is F1. This is what we rave about from 20 and 30 years ago with legendary drivers”.

He is very marmite to people, but he's not wrong here. People are talking about something other than another Verstappen win (I thought it would be another Verstappen win).

I have no idea what you mean by that.  My knowledge of Marmite is a weird British condiment.
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 10:56:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By tifosi:
Ironically, drivers will call others drivers "idiot" all the time over the radio, and historicaly the two terms have essentially the same meaning.

"Having a stunted or underdeveloped mental acuity "

One term is "offensive" and the other is used all the time. /shrug
View Quote

Currently though "mentally retarded" isn't used to describe people with actual disabilities.  It (actually part of it) is pretty much used exclusively to refer to non-disabled people to call them stupid so I don't really see the problem.
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 10:57:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By danpass:
FIA doing liberal things, choosing both track limits minutiae and physical restraint in the form of gravel.

The idea of the gravel is that it is supposed to negate the “time advantage” when crossing over the track limit, by slowing the car / forcing a strong correction, and yet they’re issuing track limit penalties anyway.
View Quote

They could also get rid of a lot of the "cost saving" measures they have put during the years like limits on number of engines per season, testing etc.  But they haven't. They should, but they haven't.
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 10:57:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By not_sure:

I have to disagree on #1.  I think having FP2 and FP3 are needed for car development and dialing it in for the race.  I would be OK adding them to the format and keeping what is there though.  Say 1 and 2 before the sprint qualification and sprint race and 3 between that and the actual qualification / race.

Also I don't buy 4 because Lando was make up ground on Max and forced him to defend.  Yes, the pit stop helped but closing to DRS range was Lando.  I think Max drove the wheels off an inferior car.

View All Quotes
Just caught up on the sprint and the race so I'm a little late to the party but here is my takeaways from the weekend.

1. I still really like the current sprint weekend format and look forward to them. Sprint qualifying and a sprint race are worlds more entertaining than FP2 and FP3. I'd like to see sprint weekends somewhere between 1/4 and 1/3 of the calendar.

2. The black cloud that's followed LeClerc his whole F1 career seems to be back. Ferrari doing Ferrari things screwed him in the sprint and the 3 into 1 Perez and Piastri sandwich screwed him in the race. Qualifying was on him but that's to be expected with LeClerc, he goes 100% during qualifying and sometimes pushes a little too hard but he's also got 24 pole positions and hasn't had the best car on the grid for any of them, it's pretty impressive what he can do over one lap.

3. The Lando/Max was in motion since lap 1, turn 1 last week in Spain. Lando had a whole week to stew about bitching out and going from 1st to 3rd, I think he had made up his mind before the weekend started that next time he wouldn't back down. Combine that with Max's well known "either you blink or we have a big crash" method of defense and it was always going to happen if they found themselves on the same piece of track at the same time.

4. The crash overshadowed the fact RB is as dominant as ever. If it wasn't for the botched pit stop Max would have finished 10 seconds ahead of anyone in the field. He won the sprint race by almost 5 seconds and qualified 4/10ths ahead of everyone on the shortest lap of the year. We'll see what happens next week but I'm guessing the RB is going to be the fastest car out there again.

5. Checo fucking sucks. He'll probably be 7th in the drivers championship by the summer break and 8th at the end of the season. Just give the seat to Lawson for the rest of the season, he couldn't do worse.

I posted the times up the page. In the 7 laps before the RB pit stop fuck up Lando lost time (not a lot) to Max. He was not 'catching up to him'. The RB pit stop fuckup is the ONLY reason Lando was near Max in the first place.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 7:36:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Danica got fired from Sky for the Reptillian podcast

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 7:49:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By DCV_117:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/334296/Image-1_jpeg-3255913.JPG
View Quote

as Yuki would say, she is retarded.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 7:51:30 AM EDT
[#15]

View All Quotes

I’m guessing Danica’s days are numbered at Sky after her reptilian shapeshifter podcast has gone viral.

Link Posted: 7/2/2024 8:15:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By stampkolektor:

as Yuki would say, she is retarded.
View Quote

Pay me $40k.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 8:17:05 AM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

I wanna hear the podcast. Most likely more entertaining than her broadcasts and racing.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 8:18:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:

I wanna hear the podcast. Most likely more entertaining than her broadcasts and racing.
View All Quotes

Elizabeth April | Everything You Need To Know About Reptilians | Galactic Federation

Link Posted: 7/2/2024 8:23:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RattleCanAR] [#19]
View Quote

15 seconds in. 😂

Back to racing. Now at Silverstone which is a HUGE circuit.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 8:34:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: chaas67] [#20]
I don’t know if this link will work if you don’t have an F1TV sub but thought i would give it a try.

F1TV article on McLarens front wing
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 8:39:20 AM EDT
[#21]
View All Quotes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6AZX92oILg

Eh, not guilty. I’d rather have Danica over Bernie.

Wonder when RB will introduce their version of the flexi-wing.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 8:43:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By chaas67:
I don’t know if this link will work if you don’t have an F1TV sub but thought i would give it a try.

View Quote

The nose video of Russell’s car shows the wing flexing a great deal at speed. It is an interesting design that appears to work. It dumps drag the faster it goes. I imagine downforce remains the same.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 8:59:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Did anyone watch Peter Windsor's analysis on Max and Lando coming together on lap 64? The onboards show Max DID NOT turn into Lando.

Also, why hasn't anyone mentioned Fernando pitting for new softs and getting the fastest lap on the final lap? It isn't like one of the midfield teams AM is competitive with had the fastest lap, Max set it right before the end of the race.

2024 F1 AUSTRIAN GP race analysis by Peter Windsor
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 9:06:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Roland-G23:
Did anyone watch Peter Windsor's analysis on Max and Lando coming together on lap 64? The onboards show Max DID NOT turn into Lando.

Also, why hasn't anyone mentioned Fernando pitting for new softs and getting the fastest lap on the final lap? It isn't like one of the midfield teams AM is competitive with had the fastest lap, Max set it right before the end of the race.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aUP8Mz8Vkk
View Quote
I did notice Alonso stealing the FL right at the end. It gave me a chuckle at the time, as it really means nothing to them being
that far down. Maybe he just needed something to take away from this race.

As far as the other incident, I don't think anyone has accused Max of "turning into" Lando? At least I never saw it that way.
What I did see was his car understeering through the corner. It just didn't want to rotate, which moved him out wide
and into Lando. Nothing that was done maliciously IMO.
(Didn't watch your video , I used to like Peter Windsor, but over the last decade, he gets under my skin for some reason.)
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 9:11:33 AM EDT
[#25]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aUP8Mz8Vkk
View Quote

Fernando was in 18th when he pitted to get the fastest lap.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 9:14:32 AM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

I think Danica is all out of fucks and she's likely making more money from her podcast than commentating for Sky.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 9:25:00 AM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

No, he was higher up, ahead of Stroll.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 9:25:20 AM EDT
[#28]
I did notice Alonso stealing the FL right at the end. It gave me a chuckle at the time, as it really means nothing to them being
that far down. Maybe he just needed something to take away from this race.

As far as the other incident, I don't think anyone has accused Max of "turning into" Lando? At least I never saw it that way.
What I did see was his car understeering through the corner. It just didn't want to rotate, which moved him out wide
and into Lando. Nothing that was done maliciously IMO.
(Didn't watch your video , I used to like Peter Windsor, but over the last decade, he gets under my skin for some reason.)
View Quote

Peter, love him or hate him, has become a voice of reason in the current “drama” atmosphere.

On the other side, this is what Sky is feeding the British public (geolocked content).

Link Posted: 7/2/2024 9:25:51 AM EDT
[#29]
Peter Windsor's live stream on youtube is live right now.

F1 livestream with Peter Windsor
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 9:27:31 AM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes

Fired up the replay.

Alonso was in 18th and Stroll was in 13th.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 9:37:04 AM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

Is Dana a lizard person?

Link Posted: 7/2/2024 10:20:48 AM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes
Just caught up on the sprint and the race so I’m a little late to the party but here is my takeaways from the weekend.

1. I still really like the current sprint weekend format and look forward to them. Sprint qualifying and a sprint race are worlds more entertaining than FP2 and FP3. I’d like to see sprint weekends somewhere between 1/4 and 1/3 of the calendar.

2. The black cloud that’s followed LeClerc his whole F1 career seems to be back. Ferrari doing Ferrari things screwed him in the sprint and the 3 into 1 Perez and Piastri sandwich screwed him in the race. Qualifying was on him but that’s to be expected with LeClerc, he goes 100% during qualifying and sometimes pushes a little too hard but he’s also got 24 pole positions and hasn’t had the best car on the grid for any of them, it’s pretty impressive what he can do over one lap.

3. The Lando/Max was in motion since lap 1, turn 1 last week in Spain. Lando had a whole week to stew about bitching out and going from 1st to 3rd, I think he had made up his mind before the weekend started that next time he wouldn’t back down. Combine that with Max’s well known “either you blink or we have a big crash” method of defense and it was always going to happen if they found themselves on the same piece of track at the same time.

4. The crash overshadowed the fact RB is as dominant as ever. If it wasn’t for the botched pit stop Max would have finished 10 seconds ahead of anyone in the field. He won the sprint race by almost 5 seconds and qualified 4/10ths ahead of everyone on the shortest lap of the year. We’ll see what happens next week but I’m guessing the RB is going to be the fastest car out there again.

5. Checo fucking sucks. He’ll probably be 7th in the drivers championship by the summer break and 8th at the end of the season. Just give the seat to Lawson for the rest of the season, he couldn’t do worse.

I agree the teams need FP1&2 for car development and dialing in for the race.  I just don’t think what is good for the teams necessarily makes for good racing. The best races are when teams are on different strategies and there is some ambiguity on how tires are going to work, what cars are fast and where, etc. I feel like there is an inverse correlation between how much time and data teams get vs. on track excitement.

Why does everyone think Lando was making up ground on Max before the botched pit stop? Max was about 7 seconds ahead when he got the “box box” call on lap 51 and was about 7 seconds ahead since the first round of stops 20 laps before. I don’t know what would make you think the RB is an “inferior car”, the sprint was easily won by 5 seconds and it was the most one sided qualifying of the year, 4/10ths on the shortest lap of the season is in another league.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 10:38:13 AM EDT
[#33]

Peter, love him or hate him, has become a voice of reason in the current “drama” atmosphere.

On the other side, this is what Sky is feeding the British public (geolocked content).

https://i.imgur.com/hSHmVR1.jpeg
View Quote

Yeah, Sky Sports is hardly free of bias and young Lando seems to have acquired some of HAM's deranged fans. The onboard shows Max makes his line correction to the outside before Lando is alongside of him, and no steering input while braking. He certainly left Lando loads more room than Lando gave him last week in Spain at the start. Windsor pointed out that turn 3 is off-camber, sloping away from the inside, and the cars naturally drift left because physics.

I like McLaren and both of their drivers, but Lando at times comes across with a petulant spoiled rich kid attitude, albiet not as bad as Stroll. I honestly don't think Max will lose sleep over it if Lando takes his toys and leaves. Hope he enjoys flying commercial, as I wouldn't expect free rides on Verstappen Air. Stupid shit to trash a friendship over, but I think Max values it more than Lando does, but not enough to compromise his principles. I hope he doesn't start whinging like Carlos does over dumb shit, that just looks bad for a grown-ass man.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 10:48:50 AM EDT
[#34]

Fired up the replay.

Alonso was in 18th and Stroll was in 13th.
View Quote

Gotcha, I last remember seeing him ahead of Stroll, but after both Alpines passed him, I didn't see him mentioned until I saw the fastest lap change hands on the last lap.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 10:51:26 AM EDT
[#35]

Yeah, Sky Sports is hardly free of bias and young Lando seems to have acquired some of HAM's deranged fans. The onboard shows Max makes his line correction to the outside before Lando is alongside of him, and no steering input while braking. He certainly left Lando loads more room than Lando gave him last week in Spain at the start. Windsor pointed out that turn 3 is off-camber, sloping away from the inside, and the cars naturally drift left because physics.

I like McLaren and both of their drivers, but Lando at times comes across with a petulant spoiled rich kid attitude, albiet not as bad as Stroll. I honestly don't think Max will lose sleep over it if Lando takes his toys and leaves. Hope he enjoys flying commercial, as I wouldn't expect free rides on Verstappen Air. Stupid shit to trash a friendship over, but I think Max values it more than Lando does, but not enough to compromise his principles. I hope he doesn't start whinging like Carlos does over dumb shit, that just looks bad for a grown-ass man.
View Quote

They whacked back tires. Max was outside the racing line.
Why?
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 11:31:53 AM EDT
[#36]

Why?
View Quote

I'm not sure I get what you're asking me. I like both drivers, and find it hard to blame one more than the other.

Max isn't going to roll over every time someone tries to dive up the outside, nobody in F1 should or would, unless they're being shown the blue flag.

He certainly made zero steering wheel input when Lando was alongside him.

The collision was avoidable, and I tend to agree with Windsor in that the delay in applying the track limits penalty for 4 or 5 laps is the majority of the problem.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 11:56:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: chaas67] [#37]

I'm not sure I get what you're asking me. I like both drivers, and find it hard to blame one more than the other.

Max isn't going to roll over every time someone tries to dive up the outside, nobody in F1 should or would, unless they're being shown the blue flag.

The collision was avoidable, and I tend to agree with Windsor in that the delay in applying the track limits penalty for 4 or 5 laps is the majority of the problem.
View Quote

Tin foil hat time - does anyone think the delay in applying the track limit penalty was deliberate in order to create drama on the track. I’m not saying the FIA wanted a wreck but they wanted a nail biter of a finish.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 12:03:12 PM EDT
[#38]

Tin foil hat time - does anyone think the delay in applying the track limit penalty was deliberate in order to create drama on the track. I'm not saying the FIA wanted a wreck but they wanted a nail biter of a finish.
View All Quotes

Tin foil hat time - does anyone think the delay in applying the track limit penalty was deliberate in order to create drama on the track. I'm not saying the FIA wanted a wreck but they wanted a nail biter of a finish.
Michael Masi has returned as race director !?
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 12:15:33 PM EDT
[#39]

The nose video of Russell’s car shows the wing flexing a great deal at speed. It is an interesting design that appears to work. It dumps drag the faster it goes. I imagine downforce remains the same.
View All Quotes

Sam Collins did a pretty good video on wing flex a few weeks back on F1TV. The show described the amount of flex the FIA will allow and how they measure/enforce it.

https://f1tv.formula1.com/detail/1000008427/tech-talk-why-do-f1-wings-flex-
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 12:28:09 PM EDT
[#40]
View All Quotes

lol

I’m sure my post will get me on a couple more ignore lists but thought i would throw it out there.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 12:34:16 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

That’s not true. If you watch the in car camera(1:22:50) he starts to move right just before the 150m board then back to the left after the 100m. At the last second before contact he makes a big move to the right to avoid Lando(this is why they hit rear wheels instead of front) but it was too late at that point.

Seemed like a pretty clear cut double move in the braking zone.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 12:44:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Roland-G23] [#42]

That’s not true. If you watch the in car camera(1:22:50) he starts to move right just before the 150m board then back to the left after the 100m. At the last second before contact he makes a big move to the right to avoid Lando(this is why they hit rear wheels instead of front) but it was too late at that point.

Seemed like a pretty clear cut double move in the braking zone.
View Quote

His steering input was before Lando was next to him from what I saw. He even said he makes steering input before braking so he brakes in a straight line.

I'm sure someone will sync up the different cameras at some point. I don't know how to do that, and would rather finish putting the decals on this:

Top is the 1/8 scale Block Zone RB19, middle is the 1/24 scale Block Zone RB19, and the bottom is a ddntube Lego MOC RB19 with Steve Hall's livery stickers.

My only complaints about the Block Zone's models is the quality of the printed manual, it is really hard to identify color differences in anything but really bright light between the dark blue and black.

I should put together the big McLaren lego kit, and stage some photos......

Link Posted: 7/2/2024 12:57:39 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

I don’t consider this surprising or controversial at all.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 12:58:39 PM EDT
[#44]

Tin foil hat time - does anyone think the delay in applying the track limit penalty was deliberate in order to create drama on the track. I’m not saying the FIA wanted a wreck but they wanted a nail biter of a finish.
View All Quotes

The coverage mentioned Lando not being allowed any more track limit violations well before the ultimate fracas. What is the conspiracy?
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 1:00:22 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

So basically, he pitted just to prevent Max from getting a fastest lap point.  Classy!
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 1:15:03 PM EDT
[#46]

Why?
View Quote

Those deranged Lewis and Lando fans are *almost* as fanatical as Max fans.   Having a difference of opinion - even if your opinion is based on direct observations of a replay - will often delegate you into "troll" or "retard" category.  

For all of the faults with the rabid lewis / Lando fans...  They're downright reasonable compared to His Holy Grace Verstappen enthusiasts.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 1:15:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By willi3d:

So basically, he pitted just to prevent Max from getting a fastest lap point.  Classy!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By willi3d:

Your post was probably in jest, but I figured it was probably for a constructors point. Although, AM isn’t threatened and isn’t catching Mercedes.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 1:22:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By RRA_223:

Those deranged Lewis and Lando fans are *almost* as fanatical as Max fans.   Having a difference of opinion - even if your opinion is based on direct observations of a replay - will often delegate you into "troll" or "retard" category.  

For all of the faults with the rabid lewis / Lando fans...  They're downright reasonable compared to His Holy Grace Verstappen enthusiasts.
View Quote

Bull...Fucking....Shit.  No one is a bad as a Brit Lewis / Lando Fan....fucking no one.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 1:33:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fike] [#49]
Originally Posted By poison123:

Bull...Fucking....Shit.  No one is a bad as a Brit Lewis / Lando Fan....fucking no one.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By poison123:
Originally Posted By RRA_223:

Toto got the police involved a few weeks ago (Lewis fans).
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 1:43:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By sledhead907:

Your post was probably in jest, but I figured it was probably for a constructors point. Although, AM isn’t threatened and isn’t catching Mercedes.
View Quote

The AM's haven't been in spitting range of points the last few races so they wouldn't get the point.
Page / 195
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top