BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 202
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 3:52:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Esterhase:
I'm curious to see how Haas does under Komatsu. He's an engineer, but more importantly, he is Japanese. They have a very different way of doing things. It's Kaizen; lots of small improvements everywhere, rather than trying to find huge improvements in one big champagne burst.

View Quote

I see the problems at Haas being Gene and not willing or able to put the capital into the team that is needed to take them to the next level.

Doing more with less doesn’t seem to be an approach that works in F1.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 3:55:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Finished DTS. They completely skipped over mentioning anything about RBR or Max's record setting year so Alpine can have two epis wtf?

I know we all know, most of us anyways, that Ham is a piece of shit but wow. Him being shitty to the people at the Merc photoshoot, what a cock smoker.

Originally Posted By Berettadeprived:
I've just seen this, this is awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Bl0etVsmYr4

It won't show here for some reason. Try this https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Bl0etVsmYr4

https://youtube.com/shorts/Bl0etVsmYr4?si=arHCzQiHHDltN3oH
View Quote

Remove the "/shorts"  after the yt link embeds into the typing box.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 4:05:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By spyk3:
God damn we on that Ham Max bs that happen many seasons ago shit again.....

Let it fucking go.
View Quote
For teh lulz

Take V-staps 2021 championship away and give it to Hambone.

Then, the next day, take Hammy's 2008 championship away and give it to Massa.  
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 4:57:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 5:01:29 PM EDT
[#5]
View Quote

Real diverse group in that team photo!

I’m sure the Italians are ready to be educated on how much work they have ahead of them. 😆

In any case, sounds like a money grab and i wonder how much control LH has over the funds for his charity.   🫤.  (As in complete control)
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 5:06:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By TarawaS2000:
Finished DTS. They completely skipped over mentioning anything about RBR or Max's record setting year so Alpine can have two epis wtf?

I know we all know, most of us anyways, that Ham is a piece of shit but wow. Him being shitty to the people at the Merc photoshoot, what a cock smoker.

Remove the "/shorts"  after the yt link embeds into the typing box.
View Quote

Thanks, I'll try it now.

Testfahrt in Monaco! Eröffnung Ende April geplant ?? #monaco #formel1 #modellbau #funny
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 5:13:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Berettadeprived:

Thanks, I'll try it now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl0etVsmYr4
View Quote

That's awesome.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 5:32:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By chaas67:

I'm sure the Italians are ready to be educated on how much work they have ahead of them.

In any case, sounds like a money grab and i wonder how much control LH has over the funds for his charity.   .  (As in complete control)
View Quote
What do you mean?  They've got Anglos AND Saxons.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 5:50:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Deadtired:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I'm sure the Italians are ready to be educated on how much work they have ahead of them.

In any case, sounds like a money grab and i wonder how much control LH has over the funds for his charity.   .  (As in complete control)

You got me there!!
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 5:50:28 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

This is good, this will be what kills Ferrari for good.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 6:01:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By poison123:

This is good, this will be what kills Ferrari for good.
View Quote
I'm sure Ferrari are way ahead of Hamilton on this since they've employed greasy Italians of varying swarthiness levels for decades.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 6:23:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shadow_Dancer] [#12]

I’m sure the Italians are ready to be educated on how much work they have ahead of them. 😆

In any case, sounds like a money grab and i wonder how much control LH has over the funds for his charity.   🫤.  (As in complete control)
View Quote

Negative. Most well run charities are established with both a Board and an Administrator to keep from "piercing the veil". i.e. allowing the charterer and funder to run their personal expenses and purchases through the charity.

Of course there are always exceptions for "charities" that are set-up for nothing more than a graft and a money wash (cough: 45's)
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 6:25:17 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm sure Ferrari are way ahead of Hamilton on this since they've employed greasy Italians of varying swarthiness levels for decades.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/26/2024 6:25:48 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote
Ferrari's growth has larger come from the Middle East market.
It might even be their largest market currently. They should tread carefully with all the DEI shit.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 6:28:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By tifosi:
Ferrari's growth has larger come from the Middle East market.
It might even be their largest market currently. They should tread carefully with all the DEI shit.
View Quote

Negative. $RACE's largest growth recently has not come from the Middle East.
Unsurprisingly, it has come from Asia according to the abstract of their 10-K filing about a year ago.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 6:34:41 PM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

FFS?

The last 10+ years at Ferrari have been a laughable shit show if you're being honest about their team and car performance versus the amount of stipend support they get directly from the FIA. Name another team that gets handed a direct funding packaging FROM THE LEAGUE  to the tune of over $70MM a year just to show up.

That's freaking bizarre man! That would be like the NFL giving the Dallas Cowboys or the MLB handing just the Yankees, and only the Yankees, a $70 million check each season just because ... irrespective of their record or performance over the season.

So maybe a little diversity and new talent from a different perspective is needed. The same of pools of talent they keep only fishing in - well, they're fumbling the bag and not getting the job done. The record doesn't lie.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 6:45:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Shadow_Dancer:

FFS?

The last 10+ years at Ferrari have been a laughable shit show if you're being honest about their team and car performance versus the amount of stipend support they get directly from the FIA. Name another team that gets handed a direct funding packaging FROM THE LEAGUE  to the tune of over $70MM a year just to show up.

That's freaking bizarre man! That would be like the NFL giving the Dallas Cowboys or the MLB handing just the Yankees, and only the Yankees, a $70 million check each season just because ... irrespective of their record or performance over the season.

So maybe a little diversity and new talent from a different perspective is needed. The same of pools of talent they keep only fishing in - well, they're fumbling the bag and not getting the job done. The record doesn't lie.
View All Quotes

FFS?

The answer (both historically and currently) is white Englishmen and Frenchmen.

Not really the stuff of DEI dreams.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 7:13:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shung] [#18]

FFS?

View Quote

Go on a racetrack and see what flags, shirts and caps you see there. If Ferrari left F1 it would lose a lot of attention (and $$$). Being the oldest and never stopped F1 team has its perk.

Soda manufacturers will be forgotten soon enough. The Cavalino Rampante not so much.

Btw. For the last 20 years how many times Ferrari ended 2nd ? How many times 3rd ? Who was trying to challenge Red Bull in their dominance years ? Who then was challenging mercedes ? Who has been the best of the rest for the last 2 years ?

I mean, yes, they should won more. With a bit a luck, with a bit less of td-39, and a bit less grosjean, or Petrov, and a strategist half as good as me, they might have too

Btw, you sound like Megan rapinoe wanting the same pay as the men’s soccer team
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 7:50:23 PM EDT
[#19]
My fantasy team.  Attachment Attached File

Do we have league I can join?
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 7:52:35 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

Not sure how much this actually means.  “Pushing it in talks” doesn’t mean anything by itself.  Lewis:  I think diversity is important.  Ferrari:  We hear you Lewis.  Blah blah.  What matters is what’s in the actual contract that was signed.  Maybe it’s just give money to some woke charity.  We’ll have to wait and see what actually happens next year, but right now it’s just Lewis talking.  I’d be surprised if Ferrari actually does much.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 9:00:03 PM EDT
[#21]
View Quote

lol

I once heard a British general officer say “well we’ve heard the Anglo side of the argument. Let’s hear the Saxon side.”
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 10:41:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 7:06:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By D_J:

@RattleCanAR

It’s also in the second post of the thread.

View Quote

Thanks

I didn't realize it was an official league on the app, but then I didn't click on the link.  

I joined up this morning.  Did the competition survey also.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 11:35:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Man, I hope this is something they can figure out for camera angles going forward. Huge safety problems to overcome, but the view and angles are just amazing!!

World's Fastest Camera Drone Vs F1 Car (ft. Max Verstappen)
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 11:54:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Weirding_Module:
Man, I hope this is something they can figure out for camera angles going forward. Huge safety problems to overcome, but the view and angles are just amazing!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pEqyr_uT-k
View Quote

They could use cameras on cables over the track like the NFL.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 12:11:42 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

Well that was hella neat, seeing a 3rd person chase came view like that.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 12:16:06 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

Just got done watching that, pretty slick. An autonomous drone swarm of that drone model would be amazing, but I don't think they would be able to broadcast it live. Then you have a whole host of other issues to consider, i.e. the wake disturbing the path of the drone, what would happen if the drone crashed into the track (there was a ski racing event, slalom I believe, where a 6-rotor camera drone almost crashed into a skier going down the mountain).
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 12:40:55 PM EDT
[#28]

I see the problems at Haas being Gene and not willing or able to put the capital into the team that is needed to take them to the next level.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Esterhase:
I'm curious to see how Haas does under Komatsu. He's an engineer, but more importantly, he is Japanese. They have a very different way of doing things. It's Kaizen; lots of small improvements everywhere, rather than trying to find huge improvements in one big champagne burst.

This is also my read of it. It can be done in many things not F1. Gene is playing out of his dollar range.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 12:44:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Cypher214:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Cypher214:

They use those along the pit lane.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 12:59:44 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

Wow, I’m pretty confident that’s the coolest thing I’m going to see today.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 1:01:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Shouldn’t the thread title read Saturday and not
Sunday?

Link Posted: 2/27/2024 1:28:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Shouldn't the thread title read Saturday and not
Sunday?

View Quote
@Plumber576

First two races will be on Saturday. And I'm a grumpy old man, so...

Link Posted: 2/27/2024 1:44:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Now that Lulu is moving to Ferrari next year, can we start calling him Luigi?
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 1:56:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Javak:
Now that Lulu is moving to Ferrari next year, can we start calling him Luigi?
View Quote

Hamiltini
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 3:03:17 PM EDT
[#35]
@Plumber576

https://c.tenor.com/wHHMKOCQTQwAAAAC/tenor.gif
View All Quotes
Sunday?

@Plumber576

Great catch, didn't realize the race was on Saturday.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 3:15:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Plumber576:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Plumber576:
Sunday?

@Plumber576

Due to Ramadan starting the Sunday of the Saudi weekend.

Next year we will be starting in Australia for the same reason.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 3:49:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shadow_Dancer] [#37]
Originally Posted By Shung:

Go on a racetrack and see what flags, shirts and caps you see there. If Ferrari left F1 it would lose a lot of attention (and $$$). Being the oldest and never stopped F1 team has its perk.

Soda manufacturers will be forgotten soon enough. The Cavalino Rampante not so much.

Btw. For the last 20 years how many times Ferrari ended 2nd ? How many times 3rd ? Who was trying to challenge Red Bull in their dominance years ? Who then was challenging mercedes ? Who has been the best of the rest for the last 2 years ?

I mean, yes, they should won more. With a bit a luck, with a bit less of td-39, and a bit less grosjean, or Petrov, and a strategist half as good as me, they might have too

View Quote

I hear that narrative so often but it is threadbare. Ferrari makes MORE than enough revenue from their operations, vehicle sales, merchandising, and brand licensing to fund their own efforts.

People need to get the idea out of their head that F1 needs to be a cuck for Maranello ... or else. Ferrari is a team in the series - they are not the series.
If Ferrari takes a hike and wants to go do Hyper endurance and GT racing, have at it  - F1 will survive.
Just like the MLB would survive if the Yankees left or Premier League would if Manchester United left.

There is no sports league in the world where the organizing body gives only a team a massive funding advantage. It creates an internal unlevel and unfair playing field right out the gate!

Imagine if the NFL said, "Going forward, the Dallas Cowboys are hereby allowed to go $50MM over the team limit  with no penalty and we will in fact give them the $50MM to do so - but only the Dallas Cowboys." Or if the NBA said, "The Boston Celtics are hereby spotted +10 points from the tip-off for every game."

This sh*t is so goddamn bizarre, it defies logic.

BTW - Kind of a weird closer re: Megan Rapinoe reference. That doesn't track at all to my comment.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 4:00:10 PM EDT
[#38]

I hear that narrative so often but it is threadbare. Ferrari makes MORE than enough revenue from their operations, vehicle sales, merchandising, and brand licensing to fund their own efforts.

People need to get the idea of their head that F1 needs to be a cuck for Maranello ... or else. Ferrari is a team in the series - they are not the series.
If Ferrari takes a hike and wants to go do Hyper endurance and GT racing, have at it  - F1 will survive.
Just like the MLB would survive if the Yankees left or Premier League would if Manchester United left.

There is no sports league in the world where the organizing body gives only a team a massive funding advantage. It creates an internal unlevel and unfair playing field right out the gate!

Imagine if the NFL said, "Going forward, the Dallas Cowboys are hereby allowed to go $50MM over the team limit  with no penalty and we will in fact give them the $50MM to do so - but only the Dallas Cowboys." Or if the NBA said, "The Boston Celtics are hereby spotted +10 points from the tip-off for every game."

BTW - Kind of a weird closer re: Megan Rapinoe reference. That doesn't track at all to my comment.
View All Quotes

People need to get the idea of their head that F1 needs to be a cuck for Maranello ... or else. Ferrari is a team in the series - they are not the series.

And here is pretty much the only time I'm going to agree with shadow dancer in an F1 thread.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 4:40:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 4:43:56 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

Sweet!
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 4:58:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By exDefensorMilitas:

View All Quotes

Even if it's only good for a lap, that should be the default view for the first lap at least!
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 5:03:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Even if it's only good for a lap, that should be the default view for the first lap at least!
View All Quotes

What car do you follow on the first lap?
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 5:05:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tifosi] [#43]
Originally Posted By fike:

View Quote
I would say just stay high enough to catch the top 6 maybe?

**At least have it in a PiP.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 5:11:22 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

Love that idea!
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 5:20:09 PM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes

Or stay at the back so when there's carnage into the first corner we get a birdseye view of it
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 7:00:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shung] [#46]

View Quote

LoL yeah, like Rally after the end of group B..

btw, with Budget cap your point is moot. The money they make is useless in term of results.

Ferrari is getting big money because its the big money maker of F1..  (just like Real Madrid and FC Barcelona are getting the most money in the LIGA, for example, no matter their results). It's a commercial thing, not a sport thing.

I suspect this is also why Ferrari accepted all the BS thrown at them for the last 20 years.. even not winning they (the owners) are more than happy with the money they make from F1
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 7:00:54 PM EDT
[#47]

And here is pretty much the only time I'm going to agree with shadow dancer in an F1 thread.
View Quote

you can be wrong with him, i'll allow it
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 7:06:51 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

the sprays from the RB-20 in the rain, seen from above, are gonna give some interesting clues to the specialists
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 7:13:25 PM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

Starting from the back of the grid, some what low to get a little of the heat haze at the start. As the run into turn 1 gets closer, gain altitude to capture more of the area and watch the accordion. As the lead car exits, start leading the cars, so the cars are heading towards the camera. Keep enough altitude and positioning for the slower corners to get some wide shots.

I would probably try to use it as a more nimble helicopter style shot.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 7:26:46 PM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes

Ferrari are given the $70 million, but they are not allowed to spend more than other teams in terms of the cost cap. Not saying they don't find other ways to spend more (Le Mans Hypercar development for example), but the theoretical example with the Cowboys isn't totally accurate.
Page / 202
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top