Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 31
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 4:35:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

115/124gr are all Supersonic out of a full size.  You can definitely hear it when you’re shooting suppressed.  147 are obviously subsonic and quieter.  158 is even quieter if you can find them but the difference probably isn’t worth chasing them down and paying a higher premium, except may be a few boxes when you’re trying to show off how quiet the gun can be suppressed.
View Quote

Now do the 5"...still super in the 124s?
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 5:01:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Now do the 5"...still super in the 124s?
View Quote

Most 124s are supersonic out of even a 4 inch
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 5:32:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Arm twisted. Wallet damaged, targets pinged, owner pleased.

Arfcom, please never stop.

I just made 100yd hits with this AP5-P right out of the box with one of my Liberty Infiniti cans on it. Full size torsos but a hit is a hit. 124gr brass and 147gr aluminum. Perfect cycling. MKE and HK mags. Trigger is tons better than the PTR91 I had decade ago.
3-lug mount is 2 days out as is SB folding brace and MI dot mount
Attachment Attached File

Now i need a full size,  fml.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 5:49:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I just made 100yd hits with this AP5-P right out of the box with one of my Liberty Infiniti cans on it. Full size torsos but a hit is a hit. 124gr brass and 147gr aluminum. Perfect cycling. MKE and HK mags. Trigger is tons better than the PTR91 I had decade ago.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/1147/20220805_170756_jpg-2478401.JPG

View Quote

My full size is at my FFL waiting on me to pick it up and I have been fighting the temptation to order a K already cause of this thread
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 7:22:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Fuck it I bought it.

Fuck it!

(Atlantic Firearms)

ETA: The MKE AP5 standard size I mean. Always wanted one of those;
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 8:39:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Fuck it I bought it.

Fuck it!

(Atlantic Firearms)

ETA: The MKE AP5 standard size I mean. Always wanted one of those;
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/5/2022 8:54:34 PM EDT
[#7]

(so appropriate)
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 9:00:40 PM EDT
[#8]
This video pushed me over the top and ordered an AP5-M today.  I already had a Zenith I got rid of last year.  I never learn.

The MP5k/ MP5k PDW history and modernization since the GSG9 (Feat. James Williamson/Teufelshund Tac)
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 9:21:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

MI optic rail got shit reviews, which is surprising coming from Midwest Industries.  Let us know how it turns out for you.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 10:52:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Fun fact.. they actually used converted HK94's for the movie :)
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 11:40:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

My full size is at my FFL waiting on me to pick it up and I have been fighting the temptation to order a K already cause of this thread
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ordered the AP5 P three days after Ordering my AP5. The first hadn't even shipped yet. The small one will be a present for the wife.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 8:52:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

MI optic rail got shit reviews, which is surprising coming from Midwest Industries.  Let us know how it turns out for you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is the arf approved optic rail?
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 8:55:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

B&T
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 9:23:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

B&T
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

B&T

This one?
https://bt-store.us/product/bt-mp5-mp5k-mp5sd-short-low-profile-nar-mounting-rail-bt-10266/
Does it only work with aimpoint micro dots?
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 10:24:45 AM EDT
[#15]
PS been looking around, I want the Tailhook 1C and the B&T brace - an idiot and his money
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 10:46:20 AM EDT
[#16]
View Quote
I got the botach aimpoint micro mount on an HK 22lr one I picked up after the 2 AP-5 I got, I'm a fan at the price point.

Absolute co-witness

https://botach.com/amp/battle-steel-hk-mounts/
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 11:28:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have an MFI like this one. HK Parts link.

They make a slotted version now which doesn't block the serial as well.

After about a decade of use I notice a screw missing one range trip, (my fault for not loctitong or ever checking it). Contacted the company and got a new set shipped out quickly and without hassle or charge.

I keep coming back to this thread looking to possibly add an AP5-M to the stable. If so I will definitely grab another MFI mount for it too.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 11:35:14 AM EDT
[#18]
These different rails look interesting but I  notice most of them cowitness with the sights.

Any of them on risers with see-through under the mount?

I’ve always found HK sights to be a bit busy.

Back in the day when we had century Cetmes we used UTG cheap mounts, and they held up fine on 762.

Didn’t really want to scope that old Cetme, but with the century canted sights it was easier than cutting off the rear site and re-welding it or torquing the barrel
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 11:45:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
These different rails look interesting but I  notice most of them cowitness with the sights.

I've always found HK sights to be a bit busy.

Back in the day when we had century Cetmes we used UTG cheap mounts, and they held up fine on 762.

Didn't really want to scope that old Cetme, but with the century canted sights it was easier than cutting off the rear site and re-welding it or torquing the barrel
View Quote
There are some older clamp mounts that were really tall and allowed you to see through for the irons, but they were really clunky, like this:

IMO, you're better served going with an ultra low pic mount like the MFI and then putting the optic on a riser mount that's hollow to allow you to see through that.  Or, put the sight on a QD mount so you can pop if off quick.

Link Posted: 8/6/2022 11:48:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
There are some older clamp mounts that were really tall and allowed you to see through for the irons, but they were really clunky, like this:

https://hkparts.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/hk-german-claw-mount-with-stanag-adapter-for-scope-11-1.jpg

IMO, you're better served going with an ultra low pic mount like the MFI and then putting the optic on a riser mount that's hollow to allow you to see through that.  Or, put the sight on a QD mount so you can pop if off quick.

View Quote

So I just need to find a tall Picatinny rail hollow riser to do what I want to do if I convince myself to get one of these
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:04:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

So I just need to find a tall Picatinny rail hollow riser to do what I want to do if I convince myself to get one of these
View Quote
Yep, here's an example I saw someone posted on the reddit MP5 group yesterday:

https://www.reddit.com/r/MP5/comments/wh4wd9/gap/
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 1:41:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

I messed with cowitness dots and realized quickly it made for a cluttered sight picture.

Luckily most standard AR height mounts will put the dot above the irons on an MP5. I have a Romeo 5 on it currently in a see through mount allowing for dot or irons of necessary.

See top left.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 1:48:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

https://hkparts.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/hk-german-claw-mount-with-stanag-adapter-for-scope-11-1.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've always found HK sights to be a bit busy.

Didn't really want to scope that old Cetme, but with the century canted sights it was easier than cutting off the rear site and re-welding it or torquing the barrel

A mount that tall needs a Maglite attached to it.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 5:27:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/6/2022 5:45:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Stranger Things!

ETA I still don't see many (if anyone at all) talking about braces. I just bought the B&T one and I want one of those Tailhooks mod1C, the smaller compact
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 7:44:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Well screw you guys.

I just ordered the basic full size AP5 Core model and 4 spare mags.

Then I promptly found and ordered an SB Tactical 3 position collapsible brace.

I’m in the process of trying to sell a P226 Legion to soften this blow. (the Legion is a nice gun and all, but my Mk25 gets all the P226 love in my household)

Y’all are the most expensive bunch of motherfuckers I’ve ever had the pleasure of knowing.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 8:13:51 PM EDT
[#27]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/9749/20220519_173445-2389708.jpg

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 8:47:53 PM EDT
[#28]
My girls.... ended up buying both I was so impressed.

https://imgur.com/4vjnCac
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 10:43:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Anyone running a rugged obsidian on their fullsize? Was thinking it or OSS RAD9
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 10:43:56 PM EDT
[#30]
... went ahead and bought also the Tailhook (it's a type of brace - in reality it's just the end part of it) Mod1c (compact); I think it looks best on the MP5.

Stealing someone's picture online, the combination of the mechanism (retractable, 5 positions) by B&T for the MP5/SP5 AND the tail hook itself look as in the picture:

Attachment Attached File

... for a final effect for me of the whole firearm closely looking like the one below (I already had the Surefire classic light combo bought exactly for a future project like this one)

Spent north of 2k for everything BUT it was one of those things I had wanted for a long, long time.

Attachment Attached File

Note I'll say again, the above are NOT my pictures - still don't have any of this, just bought it and waiting on pickup/shipment.
Fun project.

Fuck this thread and the money it cost me once again
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 10:59:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I messed with cowitness dots and realized quickly it made for a cluttered sight picture.

Luckily most standard AR height mounts will put the dot above the irons on an MP5. I have a Romeo 5 on it currently in a see through mount allowing for dot or irons of necessary.

See top left.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/50589/20220704_132605_jpg-2479344.JPG
View Quote

What mount is that?
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 1:04:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

What mount is that?
View Quote

The factory AR height mount for the Romeo5. The hollow base makes it perfect in this role. I wish I had a pic from the shooters perspective to show it.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 1:06:13 PM EDT
[#33]
despite my shit talking I got the MI since it was the only thing in stock for a rail.  I'll report back.  I went against my better judgement and was impulsive.  We'll see how it plays out.

Also, I'm still waiting on shipping info from atlantic; this wait is going to suck even if only a week or so...
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 1:12:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Y’all are the most expensive bunch of motherfuckers I’ve ever had the pleasure of knowing.
View Quote

Ain’t it the truth
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 2:42:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

The factory AR height mount for the Romeo5. The hollow base makes it perfect in this role. I wish I had a pic from the shooters perspective to show it.
View Quote

Good to know. Thank you.

Fuck this place.  I think yall about have me to FO
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 4:11:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 1:02:03 AM EDT
[#37]
$1099 for the core AP5 at Atlantic.  That’s a $70 price reduction in the last three weeks.

If it drops another $100, I’ll double down.

Link Posted: 8/8/2022 6:24:29 AM EDT
[#38]
LOL I received an email from B&T parts informing me that their SP5 brace - which appeared to be in stock when I added it to my cart (and paid for it, a whopping USD440 not including the end part itself - a Mod1C Tailhook for additional USD140) was actually out of stock and that it will be shipped out to me '... when it restocks'.

Nah. I don't think so. Refund my money and this is probably the last time I buy anything at B&T

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/8/2022 6:28:49 AM EDT
[#39]
I waited nearly a year for a Bawidamann Brace Bag from B&T.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 6:56:10 AM EDT
[#40]
After getting an SP5 I can easily say it's one of the more fun firearms I have now and it comes out to shoot every time I go. Cheaper than rifles, newbs love it, very little recoil so it doesn't scare anyone away, and with a suppressor it's very "toy like".

Just plan on burning through 9mm ammo like crazy.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 6:59:57 AM EDT
[#41]
I have been looking at braces for my future SP5. The SB HKPDW looks interesting. Anyone have one? Any good? Price is around $300.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 7:32:55 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I have been looking at braces for my future SP5. The SB HKPDW looks interesting. Anyone have one? Any good? Price is around $300.
View Quote
Brother - I have several of their braces (SB tactical) for other firearms, always been decent.
However on this project I had different ideas in mind - as mentioned above, I looked at the expensive B&T brace which turned to be out of stock (with a sprinkle of snobbish attitude on their side) therefore I just opted (bought) for this other one - please have a look.

It still needs the end accessory called "Tailhook" (which I had purchased separately), so it ends up being a costly choice - but I think its aesthetics and sturdy function do justify it.

Pics (pics are still not mine)

Attachment Attached File

... final effect:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/8/2022 9:59:49 AM EDT
[#43]
I received the dreaded "rescheduled delivery" text.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 11:49:26 AM EDT
[#44]

A photo of my AP5 in it's final configuration. Picked-up my AP5-P last week. Getting her all dressed up for the family photo...
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 12:57:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1600x1200q90/924/D5GRsE.jpg

A photo of my AP5 in it's final configuration. Picked-up my AP5-P last week. Getting her all dressed up for the family photo...
View Quote
Ahhh that's beautiful, that's pretty much how I am setting up mine - bravo
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 5:24:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Atlantic is out of stock now. Anyone know another dealer that has them at the same price?
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 5:40:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Atlantic is out of stock now. Anyone know another dealer that has them at the same price?
View Quote

https://www.familyfirearms.com/product/cent-ap5-9mm-9-30rd-1
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 8:25:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

See what happens when ideas pop up here?
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 8:35:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Is it wrong I kinda want the AP5-M instead of the P?

I have a suppressor, but I can always suppress my SP5, plus I have an RS K model coming from DT.

Link Posted: 8/8/2022 9:03:05 PM EDT
[#50]
I already have an m4-2000; how good or bad would this be at suppressing the MKE AP5?

Is there a ton of loss of efficiency?  Or is it still a damn good option?

I assume I'd have to find some kind of muzzle device to accept the m4-2000 on the AP5 threads.
Page / 31
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top