Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1041 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:27:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

I don't see Ukraine giving entire regions to Russian puppets.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Shockergd:

And I *think* Ukraine is near being OK with this, so I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet. I kind of have a feeling that Putin's inner circle is still more than happy enough to lie to him about the real situation.

My experience is that Ukrainians are pretty fucking bitter about Donbas and Crimea being taken away by force. Considering how russified those regions were to begin with, the pragmatic choice is just to cut them loose. It’s also not an option that’s going to help Zelenski much when he runs for reelection.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:29:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:29:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Glock63] [#3]
Originally Posted By jebsofnga:

Then why didn't you say a few to begin with ?

Look, I'm not pissed at you or calling you out or anything like that in all seriousness - I understand that you type like you talk ; It's your personality etc etc.... But in this case, there ain't no way in hell he would get over 10k conscripts to fight for him. You do not understand Ukrainians - Don't take that as a personal slight.

I do understand them, and there is a very good reason for that. A careful observation of my avatar might give you a hint as to why. That rich black soil over there ? Eto moi gpyHt.

ili mHe Bce paBHo.
View Quote

Exactly. He wouldn't get shit for manpower.  Conscription of conquered people has been a recipe for failure throughout history.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:29:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By planemaker:

That would be this one set in the time of Bush the elder:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZf-M_vC22w

There's also this one that is set right after Trump's election while Odumbo was still in the WH:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWqWAi_H_9o
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By agillig:
Originally Posted By TNC:
Help me out with my preps. I need to brush up on my training films. What should I watch?

1. Dr Strangelove
2. Red Dawn (the original educational afterschool special, not the mindnumbing remake)
3. Hunt for Red October
4. ??? Make suggestions here
There's a video on YouTube called the World War 3 Documentary or something like that.  About an hour and a half long
 Well worth it and eye opening.

That would be this one set in the time of Bush the elder:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZf-M_vC22w

There's also this one that is set right after Trump's election while Odumbo was still in the WH:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWqWAi_H_9o
I haven't seen the second one, but the first one gave me chills.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:30:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Help me out with my preps. I need to brush up on my training films. What should I watch?

1. Dr Strangelove
2. Red Dawn (the original educational afterschool special, not the mindnumbing remake)
3. Hunt for Red October
View Quote

Southern Comfort.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:30:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Russian SF near Kyiv; looks like a Holosun 510c optic?

Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:30:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Probably one of the strongest drivers of inflation has been Biden's moratorium on student loan payments.

Also, let's not forget wannabe student loan holder deadbeats absolutely elected Biden due to their delusion of loan forgiveness.

Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:30:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: THOT_Vaccine] [#8]
Originally Posted By FrankyRay:

Yes, I realize that is the conventional wisdom. The Forbes article I linked to offers evidence that supports Peter Zeihan's contrary comment. Take it for what it's worth.

Moscow:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/546602/mcdonaldsrussiaSS_0_0_jpg-2311442.JPG

Moscow:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/546602/full-starbucks-in-russian_jpg-2311443.JPG

The cold war ended.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ad_nauseam:
Originally Posted By solid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0CQsifJrMc As others have said here ,this is a great video and worth a watch. It put's into perspective lot's of global trends based on decades/hundreds of years of info. Thank you to the op of this video.

He does make some interesting points but a few things he says are a wat.jpg moment. For example:

7:30 The boomers retiring are the single biggest factor in inflation.

Clearly economics are not his strength.  Inflation exists because of an accountable central bank that prints without limits. Has nothing at all to do with any social group.

Apparently that's debatable.

Sept. 13, 2021 - Retiring Boomers Could Drive An Inflation Shift

"Extensive research from Mikael Juselius of the Bank of Finland and Elod Takats of the Bank for International Settlements provides a compelling case for the link between a country’s age composition and inflation. Their conclusion suggests that the U.S. could be in for a significant inflation shift as its bulge of aging baby boomers retire."

2:55: The Cold War ended 30 years ago

No it did not. It never ended. The virus went into hibernation only to emerge once again, as evidenced right now. There is a cold war RFN and the strain is way more aggressive and dangerous than anything from the 70's or 80's  
I would not be all that surprised to see the situation spin out of control. e.g NATO shoots the wrong thing by mistake, or Kremlin does.

This right there shows he doesn't understand the modus operandi of the Soviets.

The cold war, as it existed at that time, most certainly came to an end. The world changed.

Modern day Russia is but a pale shadow of the USSR.

His analysis isn't based on former Soviet modus operandi. It's primarily from the perspective of geopolitics and demographics.

First, large numbers of people retiring are not the cause of inflation, almost the opposite. When people retire, they have less disposable income and actually spend much, much less. Exponential increases in money printing most assuredly causes inflation, though.

Yes, I realize that is the conventional wisdom. The Forbes article I linked to offers evidence that supports Peter Zeihan's contrary comment. Take it for what it's worth.

Second, the world changed but the Cold War didn't end.

Moscow:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/546602/mcdonaldsrussiaSS_0_0_jpg-2311442.JPG

Moscow:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/546602/full-starbucks-in-russian_jpg-2311443.JPG

The cold war ended.

There was a Reddit thread of some McD's junky stocking up on shit since they were closing.
Guy had a freezer full of cheeseburgers. Filet 'o fish. Whatnot.
It was literally his shtf stash.

I saw it and instantly knew they had no idea how fucked they actually were.
He had a lack of cheeseburgers as a major concern.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:31:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Troop fighters receive NLAW anti-tank systems from the Special Operations Forces.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:31:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Eight_Ring:

I suspect that this was his Bay of Pigs.  His expectations of the outcomes of his actions were simply not based in reality.

Perhaps he was expecting (by floating the notion of a "kill list" and landing airborne troops at the Kiev airport) that he could topple the government with panic, that the entire corrupt elites who populate the government would immediately flee the country, causing the government to collapse (like Batista's Cuba/Somoza's Nicaragua) and (after a massive show of force during the buildup) he would just roll in to minimal resistance, dictate terms, establish a puppet government, and then withdraw.  The (relatively) low death toll and immediately initiating prompt withdrawl would allow the Europeans to look past the transgression (and keep serving their own economic interests), and things would return to business as usual after a bit of economic turbulence.

Is there something else that makes more sense?  

How could he possibly think conducting land warfare in Ukraine using Chechnya-tactics would work out to Russia's benefit?
View Quote
You've made a great analysis here.
Sure makes sense out of his expending his "A team" paratroopers the way he did.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:32:14 PM EDT
[#11]

I don't think he'll ever be able to take Ukraine. Looks like he's going to just keep pushing logs into a buzzsaw until he doesn't have any logs left. Then what? He will have a tiny conventional army, nukes, and a broken/non-existent economy. He'll end up with far fewer people than he started with.

Think about this: in one of the videos posted a few (dozen?) pages back, they were interviewing a guy who said the Territorial Defense Force for Kyiv had done all their planning to staff up to 6500 personnel. So far, he said they had 12 times that many volunteer. Some quick math says that's 78,000. In one city (granted, a big one). If they can equip and minimally train that many quickly, multiplying that by all the other cities, there is no possibility that Russia could ever win even a conventional battle in Ukraine.
View Quote

Hear here.

I've come to think Putin cannot even win this war conventionally now. They dont have the numbers or the equipment to take Kyiv anymore.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:33:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:I see the Golden Bridge as:

-Crimea officially Russia recognized as Russian

-Separatist areas become 'independent' republics

-Ukraine doesn't join NATO, remaining heavily armed neutral ala Finland and Sweden

This is frankly a defacto return to the Status Quo of pre-invasion, but is enough of a 'win' for Putin to be able to claim victory.
View Quote

What's in that deal for Ukraine? Russia temporarily withdraws? How's that a gain? A deal has to have some benefit for both parties to be worthwhile. Given what Russia's done, they need to throw in something worthwhile. Maybe give up their nukes.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:34:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By MattyCR:

F22s and F117s????

Dude, one of those are outdated by a few decades and the other doesnt show up unless it needs to.

We are talking B2s, F15s, F16s, FA/18s, F35s and Im gonna nut, A10s.  

Between THAAD and Patriot, I dont think we'd need to even touch the battlefield as local forces could secure their own shit.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MattyCR:
Originally Posted By cryo_tech:
Originally Posted By Doritodust:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/470154/54A8208A-7092-4F66-BC35-11355D9FCD5D_jpe-2311063.JPG

Russian state tv talking about invading the baltics and Poland now…

I don't see the part where those cute little troop symbols get vaporized by F22's, F117's and B2's.

F22s and F117s????

Dude, one of those are outdated by a few decades and the other doesnt show up unless it needs to.

We are talking B2s, F15s, F16s, FA/18s, F35s and Im gonna nut, A10s.  

Between THAAD and Patriot, I dont think we'd need to even touch the battlefield as local forces could secure their own shit.

That's no shit. I have heard 2 of them are part of an active response force for Loop Oil Port in the Gulf of Mexico. I know there are 2 F15's ready to go at all times and I heard possibly 2 F22's to back them up if needed. I remember right after Sep 11th, I was working the Grand Isle field and we constantly saw fighters over head for 3 weeks. The also had either a destroyer or cruiser(i dunno the difference) stay out at the supper port during that time.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:34:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:
Russian SF near Kyiv; looks like a Holosun 510c optic?

https://external-preview.redd.it/4ionzPLDFdlbJDWOLGZMU21uA0ZOPC6AKT8QBFl6Hbk.jpg?auto=webp&s=b15b39cff85033bcc7dda9f4d7fce4d5544d03ae
View Quote

Howard leight impacts huh.  

Anywhoo...  Hopefully he will be dead soon.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:36:09 PM EDT
[#15]

If the cold war ended, Russia would not be invading Ukraine. It's really that simple.
View All Quotes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0CQsifJrMc As others have said here ,this is a great video and worth a watch. It put's into perspective lot's of global trends based on decades/hundreds of years of info. Thank you to the op of this video.

He does make some interesting points but a few things he says are a wat.jpg moment. For example:

Clearly economics are not his strength.  Inflation exists because of an accountable central bank that prints without limits. Has nothing at all to do with any social group.

"Extensive research from Mikael Juselius of the Bank of Finland and Elod Takats of the Bank for International Settlements provides a compelling case for the link between a country’s age composition and inflation. Their conclusion suggests that the U.S. could be in for a significant inflation shift as its bulge of aging baby boomers retire."

No it did not. It never ended. The virus went into hibernation only to emerge once again, as evidenced right now. There is a cold war RFN and the strain is way more aggressive and dangerous than anything from the 70's or 80's  
I would not be all that surprised to see the situation spin out of control. e.g NATO shoots the wrong thing by mistake, or Kremlin does.

The cold war, as it existed at that time, most certainly came to an end. The world changed.

His analysis isn't based on former Soviet modus operandi. It's primarily from the perspective of geopolitics and demographics.

First, large numbers of people retiring are not the cause of inflation, almost the opposite. When people retire, they have less disposable income and actually spend much, much less. Exponential increases in money printing most assuredly causes inflation, though.

Moscow:

Moscow:

The cold war ended.

If the cold war ended, Russia would not be invading Ukraine. It's really that simple.

No; absent a Cold War or Communism, the nation of Russia has Geopolitical Interests - the same basic one they've been having since before America was founded.

Namely, expand eastward to secure a defensible geographic border, and use these conquered neighbors as human shields to slow down any land based invasion.

Thats literally their whole vibe since forever.

Similar to how the US Monroe Doctrine - our primary goal of keeping any other military competitor/threat out of the Western Hemisphere - predates the Cuban Missile Crisis by 100+ years, and remains very much in place 30 years after the Cold War, and will remain in place basically for as long as America is a coherent nationstate.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:38:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By GlockZen:
View Quote

they were probably Russian Grads a week ago.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:40:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Suburbanhillbilly:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Suburbanhillbilly:
Originally Posted By Eight_Ring:

I suspect that this was his Bay of Pigs.  His expectations of the outcomes of his actions were simply not based in reality.

Perhaps he was expecting (by floating the notion of a "kill list" and landing airborne troops at the Kiev airport) that he could topple the government with panic, that the entire corrupt elites who populate the government would immediately flee the country, causing the government to collapse (like Batista's Cuba/Somoza's Nicaragua) and (after a massive show of force during the buildup) he would just roll in to minimal resistance, dictate terms, establish a puppet government, and then withdraw.  The (relatively) low death toll and immediately initiating prompt withdrawl would allow the Europeans to look past the transgression (and keep serving their own economic interests), and things would return to business as usual after a bit of economic turbulence.

Is there something else that makes more sense?  

How could he possibly think conducting land warfare in Ukraine using Chechnya-tactics would work out to Russia's benefit?

I'd be curious to know what the big brains think.  I just don't see how this makes sense--unless there is a huge shoe waiting in the wings that is about to drop.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:41:15 PM EDT
[#18]
if not posted already.

Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:41:50 PM EDT
[#19]

I want that!  
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:42:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Imagine if the average American could have access to Javelins, NLAWS, and Stingers…  no invader could ever have hope.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:43:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By atavistic:

Don't be so certain that Biden throws 'all in'. I'm not advocating, I'm just saying a Baltic War could be over before Joe decides he wants to fight it.

Baltic countries, you should be doubling or tripling your defense spending NOW. This 0.1% increase next year BS - you don't have to worry about Putin in 2030, you need to worry about him tomorrow.

Citizens, guns look pretty rare. I'd suggest leaving the country on your own terms. It's not a question of 'IF', but 'WHEN'. (The answer is next year.) I suspect the world is going to look a lot more chaotic in 12 months, food riots, governments overthrown, etc. American appetite to get involved in 1 of a dozen foreign crisis may be tempered.

Think if this way. If Putin goes tactical in Baltics, would Joe risk a response an escalation on Russian soil which would open up American soil? I don't think so.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By atavistic:
Originally Posted By cryo_tech:
Originally Posted By Doritodust:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/470154/54A8208A-7092-4F66-BC35-11355D9FCD5D_jpe-2311063.JPG

Russian state tv talking about invading the baltics and Poland now…

I don't see the part where those cute little troop symbols get vaporized by F22's, F117's and B2's.

Don't be so certain that Biden throws 'all in'. I'm not advocating, I'm just saying a Baltic War could be over before Joe decides he wants to fight it.

Baltic countries, you should be doubling or tripling your defense spending NOW. This 0.1% increase next year BS - you don't have to worry about Putin in 2030, you need to worry about him tomorrow.

Citizens, guns look pretty rare. I'd suggest leaving the country on your own terms. It's not a question of 'IF', but 'WHEN'. (The answer is next year.) I suspect the world is going to look a lot more chaotic in 12 months, food riots, governments overthrown, etc. American appetite to get involved in 1 of a dozen foreign crisis may be tempered.

Think if this way. If Putin goes tactical in Baltics, would Joe risk a response an escalation on Russian soil which would open up American soil? I don't think so.
especially if it happens on a Friday night when Sleepy Joe has already gone away for the weekend to "doesn't want to be bothered" Delaware.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:46:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Chokey:

Troop fighters receive NLAW anti-tank systems from the Special Operations Forces.
View Quote

I'm pretty sure I heard a someone say in broken english "welcome to hell"
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:46:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Parabellum08:

My experience is that Ukrainians are pretty fucking bitter about Donbas and Crimea being taken away by force. Considering how russified those regions were to begin with, the pragmatic choice is just to cut them loose. It’s also not an option that’s going to help Zelenski much when he runs for reelection.
View Quote

1/2 the population of the Donbass is not happy with the deal they got. The other half are brainwashed.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:46:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Goodn:

View Quote

I saw that too. He wouldn't win any arfcom fashion shows.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:46:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By ArmyInfantryVet:

Hear here.

I've come to think Putin cannot even win this war conventionally now. They dont have the numbers or the equipment to take Kyiv anymore.
View Quote

I've read that opinion a few times this week.

Just because you're you, it actually gives it credance to me. Any particular reason why though?
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:47:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By sq40:
Imagine if the average American could have access to Javelins, NLAWS, and Stingers  no invader could ever have hope.
View Quote
It would take a heck of an invader just to get across our miles deep moats.

We don't need Javelins to stop the invasion force we're facing. We need taller fences.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:49:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Shock aircraft of the aircraft continues to strike at ground targets – this is a cluster 🇷🇺 of equipment and manpower, racist columns on the march and other targets.
In addition, the state's air defense today lacks:
2 🇷🇺 Ka-52 helicopters
1 Su-34
1 unidentified fighter (Su-30cm or Su-34)
2 UAVs

Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:49:39 PM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

I disagree. This in an internal matter as Russia sees it. Russia's empire has been historically larger and greater than currently, even in tsarist days. Putin has made many comments in this direction going back many years. They do not accept Ukraine as a sovereign and foreign state. Ukraine can only be independent as long as their leadership is pro-Russian. Putin is getting greater Russia back together, whatever it takes.

I don't think it's about Europe or US. That's just our bias showing.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:51:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Dagger41:

I fucked up and didn't clic 'Show more' in the description.
It's on me.
View Quote
Its not a big deal. We will all make that mistake at some point. I have done it before and it will happen again.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:52:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By XJ:

I expect that if attacked, Poland would go 187% "never again" despite anything Biden is told to say
View Quote
I'm mildly shocked Poland hasn't challenged Russia on this so far.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:53:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Goodn:

View Quote

Yeah I got a pair in my range bag.. probably a ops-core helmet too. I’ve seen them run actual eotech shit from previous photos, maybe the optics planet order finally came in. They had 20 years to watch and dissect American SOF and pattern their gear-equipment etc.
Still not very impressed, ditto on a future dirt nap.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:53:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By GunLvrPHD:

Southern Comfort.
View Quote

The music near the end of Southern Comfort is awesome. When they were killing pigs and stuff.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:54:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By ThaBaron:
I think the boomer inflation thing is the cashing out of 401ks, buying second homes, taking their families to Disney, etc.  essentially converting all their savings into spending.
View Quote

1. Retirees spend less than working-age people. It's a fact, look it up.
2. Retirees fund their retirements by SELLING assets like stocks, bonds, and houses. This drives down the value of those assets because of the LAW OF SUPPLY, and would generally be deflationary.
3. Retirees sell other things too--coin collections, gun collections, garden tools, furniture, second cars. This drives down the value of those goods.
4. The biggest spenders are young families doing household formation. They buy homes, cars, clothes, furniture, baby furniture, garden tools, and lots and lots of food. By the LAW OF DEMAND this tends to cause prices of those goods to rise, and could be inflationary.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:54:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:54:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By x248716x:

and to think there is actually a speech writer who writes this drivel for her, gotta be somebody really stupid or retarded.  or both.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By x248716x:
Originally Posted By realwar:
Harris Seems To Confuse Whether Ukraine Is In NATO, Ukraine Is Not A Member Of NATO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJeTRqzYhqI

Forget the mask. She should never be allowed out in public without a muzzle.

and to think there is actually a speech writer who writes this drivel for her, gotta be somebody really stupid or retarded.  or both.

I don't think she takes time to read the prepared speeches, let alone prepare or memorize them.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:54:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:55:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
View Quote

You mean aside from letting several nations run missiles, guns, fighters, drones and supplies through its borders?
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:57:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:00:33 AM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Shockergd:

And I *think* Ukraine is near being OK with this, so I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet. I kind of have a feeling that Putin's inner circle is still more than happy enough to lie to him about the real situation.

Very true, but I think Zelensky is a is a Ukrainian first and a politician second based on the last couple weeks. Perhaps he, like many greats through history, is more focused on what’s good for his people than what’s good for his career.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:01:56 AM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

There are plenty of people in Crimea who have long considered themselves Russian.

Corruption in UKR put a major strain on Crimean peninsula since the collapse of the USSR.

Does that mean that what pooty-poo did by taking over Crimea a "good thing"? ... er ... No

But there were already Rusky naval stations and troop barracks in several locations. Nearly all Crimean economy was with Russia. Its not kike they "hated" Russia.

Georgia was completely different. That was balls to the wall invasion. Same as the UKR.

If folks are thinking Russia is going to hand over Crimea, think again.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:02:20 AM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

Bullshit. Every other time Russia invaded Ukraine was not during the Cold War.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:02:36 AM EDT
[#42]

Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:08:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: hondaciv] [#43]

Isn't this where @eesmith is?
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:09:30 AM EDT
[#44]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By XJ:

I expect that if attacked, Poland would go 187% "never again" despite anything Biden is told to say

My friends in Poland are all freaking out. The refugee situation cant go on forever. Poland doesnt have resources to adopt that many people for very long.

Poland has been trying to identify and weed out Rusky spies.

Poland is very much worried about bidensky and trust anything he says as not worth shit. Even my polish friends who we would call "liberals" are all glad that they have a leader who can actually stand up to pooty-poo.

They have zero faith in the USA having their backs.

Really sad shit sandwich we put poland in.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:11:47 AM EDT
[#45]

No; absent a Cold War or Communism, the nation of Russia has Geopolitical Interests - the same basic one they've been having since before America was founded.

Namely, expand eastward to secure a defensible geographic border, and use these conquered neighbors as human shields to slow down any land based invasion.

Similar to how the US Monroe Doctrine - our primary goal of keeping any other military competitor/threat out of the Western Hemisphere - predates the Cuban Missile Crisis by 100+ years, and remains very much in place 30 years after the Cold War, and will remain in place basically for as long as America is a coherent nationstate.
View All Quotes

Moscow:

Moscow:

The cold war ended.

No. Putin is a cold warrior with a cold war mindset. He literally sees the breakup of the Soviet Union as a historic disaster. The invasion of Ukraine was based on the notion that the west did nothing while a weak Odumbo was in office and he invaded Crimea and he assumed Xiden would be the same as he took the rest of the country. He saw this as his chance for the first step to reconstitute the Soviet Union. Same cold war, same cold warrior.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:14:55 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By MarkNH:

If you're looking for the Russian viewpoint I would recommend the Benny Hill Show.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MarkNH:

1. Dr Strangelove
3. Hunt for Red October

If you're looking for the Russian viewpoint I would recommend the Benny Hill Show.

How about Dr. Zhivago?
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:15:54 AM EDT
[#47]

View Quote
People's disposable income and spending have nothing to do with it. But because Social Security and Medicare depend on the taxes levied on the next generation, the relative numbers between those two groups is certainly critical. And if the retiring generation is larger than the tax paying generation, that is unsustainable without some degree of inflationary policies.
The govt must borrow (sell bonds), or print. They just use the Fed to make all that easier for themselves.

But as for what you're saying about Russia and the cold war, yes. Anything could happen. A Serb could assasinate an Archduke and start the ball rolling. Could. But it's not likely.

And if you'd not been so quick to dismiss the rest of the lecture, you'd get that. Russia ~ and China ~ will not be likely to feed themselves, much less take over the free world.

Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:23:51 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By norseman1:

My friends in Poland are all freaking out. The refugee situation cant go on forever. Poland doesnt have resources to adopt that many people for very long.

Poland has been trying to identify and weed out Rusky spies.

Poland is very much worried about bidensky and trust anything he says as not worth shit. Even my polish friends who we would call "liberals" are all glad that they have a leader who can actually stand up to pooty-poo.

They have zero faith in the USA having their backs.

Really sad shit sandwich we put poland in.
View Quote
I truly admire Poland for stepping up like they have but likewise recognize that they are dealing with a hell of a mess now. The US and EU really needs to come to their aid and help with the refugee crisis. Even if the war ends tomorrow, there aren't homes or infrastructure to return to. It would take years before some form of normalcy could be restored.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:24:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ludder093] [#49]

Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:25:53 AM EDT
[#50]

Hear here.

View All Quotes

I don't think he'll ever be able to take Ukraine. Looks like he's going to just keep pushing logs into a buzzsaw until he doesn't have any logs left. Then what? He will have a tiny conventional army, nukes, and a broken/non-existent economy. He'll end up with far fewer people than he started with.

Think about this: in one of the videos posted a few (dozen?) pages back, they were interviewing a guy who said the Territorial Defense Force for Kyiv had done all their planning to staff up to 6500 personnel. So far, he said they had 12 times that many volunteer. Some quick math says that's 78,000. In one city (granted, a big one). If they can equip and minimally train that many quickly, multiplying that by all the other cities, there is no possibility that Russia could ever win even a conventional battle in Ukraine.

Hear here.

I don’t know man. As slow and uncoordinated as it seems, the russians are on the outskirts of kyiv poised to start bombarding it.  I sure hope that the ukrainians are planning a counterattack to isolate putins  siege forces to force them to surrender.  And it feels like the russians have been holding back a lot of airpower.
   At this point putin might just be interested in leveling the major Ukrainian cities and call it a victory.
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1041 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top