Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1045 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/13/2022 7:08:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By racer765:

they will put new tires on the blown-to-shit vehicles and drive them to the next victim puppet state down the road.  

bullshit.  

vlad gets a 9x19 to the back of the head before that happens.  

View Quote

PLEASE be PC!

7.62 Tokarev or 9 mm Makarov!

Match the bullet to the game.

Hermann
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 7:08:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By outofbattery:

No,not an AT4,it’s an RPG-22. Certainly a Russian as this pic was taken after snow melt
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/2D479418-EAC4-468C-B48A-58249334BBD3_jpe-2311606.JPG

I’m guessing had attempted desertion or something,can’t think of any other reason. I had read about rumors of using unwilling gunners in Sturmoviks in WWII and chaining truck drivers to the steering wheel in Vietnam War and perhaps they got the same idea. I’m forgetting the term Russians were using for volunteers in Ukraine other than “polite person” but possibly one of them that thought it was a good lark up until it was a real war but of course do not know.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By elcope:

Looks like an expended AT4 tube next to the body, so possibly Ukrainian.

No,not an AT4,it’s an RPG-22. Certainly a Russian as this pic was taken after snow melt
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/2D479418-EAC4-468C-B48A-58249334BBD3_jpe-2311606.JPG

I’m guessing had attempted desertion or something,can’t think of any other reason. I had read about rumors of using unwilling gunners in Sturmoviks in WWII and chaining truck drivers to the steering wheel in Vietnam War and perhaps they got the same idea. I’m forgetting the term Russians were using for volunteers in Ukraine other than “polite person” but possibly one of them that thought it was a good lark up until it was a real war but of course do not know.

OMG! Putin was right all along![/tinfoil]

Hard to say what's going on here. It looks to me like the guy could have undone his boot and slid his foot out. I think OOB's theory of ensuring the Russian didn't run away in the face oncoming Ukranians makes the most sense.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 7:10:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By hondaciv:

For the 10th time, when you surrender, you are a POW.  You don't fight war crimes with war crimes in the court of public opinion.  Which is the only way Ukraine wins this war.
View Quote

I have to admit, your profile picture adds authority when I read your messages
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 7:13:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By cryo_tech:

For the 10th time.

They are bombing hospitals, targeting civilians.

Stop.... Taking.... Prisoners....
View All Quotes

For the 10th time.

You never read Sun Tzu, right?
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 7:13:28 AM EDT
[#5]

For the 10th time.

View All Quotes

For the 10th time.

Part out the prisoners.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 7:14:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ih784] [#6]
Here’s a few of official telegram accounts someone gave to me. The last one is Ukrainian news.

Zelenskiy / Official
Офіційний канал Президента України - Володимира Зеленського / The official channel of the President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelenskyi
https://t.me/V_Zelenskiy_official

Zelensky official telegram.

Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine
Official account of the Parliament of Ukraine 🇺🇦
#StandWithUkraine
#StopRussianAggression
https://t.me/verkhovnaradaofukraine

Perepichka News – новости Украины 🇺🇦
Новости Украины. Оперативно о важном

Прислать новость: @perepichkabot
https://t.me/perepichka_news
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 7:15:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By zach_:

Part out the prisoners.
View Quote

Frustrating to think some of these POWs could be liberated soon…
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 7:16:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Abakan:

View Quote

Seriously.  Only a certified moron would execute prisoners when the WHOLE WORLD is on your side.  The whole world minus shitholes like Iran/N Korea of course.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 7:17:33 AM EDT
[#9]
I don’t think there is anyone on here who dislikes Russians more than me. I am 100% in favor of killing them in droves and dearly wish  there was a video of a disintegrating IL-76 spitting out 125 of them on fire but I cannot support shooting prisoners.

There is a manor house in the woods just 10 minutes from me that was used by the NKVD for interrogations and killings. Nothing has been done with it as quite frankly there is no desire to dig up the literal skeletons on the grounds. We know that Putin will react quite forcefully due to Russian embarrassment so it has been untouched. It’s impossible not to think about what evil took place there every time I walk by. I don’t think that evil should be embraced.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 7:18:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Parabellum08:

My experience is that Ukrainians are pretty fucking bitter about Donbas and Crimea being taken away by force. Considering how russified those regions were to begin with, the pragmatic choice is just to cut them loose. It’s also not an option that’s going to help Zelenski much when he runs for reelection.
View Quote

Well, yeah, when enough Mexicans move to Texas, they should just make it Mexico again, after they kill all the people who ain't Mexican, and say that Lousiana did it, or something like that. That would be okay, right? Heck, they could invade California while they're at it, and just say that all of America used to be theirs.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 7:24:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 7:35:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HIPPO] [#12]

Very close to the border w/ Poland.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 7:41:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:

Very close to the border w/ Poland.
View Quote

Boy I sure hope that's not where the barayaktayar are controlled from.

Though I doubt it would be that obvious.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 7:48:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 7:49:09 AM EDT
[#15]
I don’t think there is anyone on here who dislikes Russians more than me. I am 100% in favor of killing them in droves and dearly wish  there was a video of a disintegrating IL-76 spitting out 125 of them on fire but I cannot support shooting prisoners.

There is a manor house in the woods just 10 minutes from me that was used by the NKVD for interrogations and killings. Nothing has been done with it as quite frankly there is no desire to dig up the literal skeletons on the grounds. We know that Putin will react quite forcefully due to Russian embarrassment so it has been untouched. It’s impossible not to think about what evil took place there every time I walk by. I don’t think that evil should be embraced.
View Quote

No need for a support. Most of them should be shot less than 50 yards or so.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 7:52:16 AM EDT
[#16]

what the fuzzy bunny blue balls fucking hell does this have to do with "OFFICIAL Ukraine conflict thread"

asking for a friend.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By et_slowpoke:

Don’t buy into the democrats keynsian idea that inflation is supply and demand of goods based.
Inflation is always a monetary issue, and is due to the increase in the supply of dollars.Something that the spending by Brandon and Pelosi has increased massively,

Now Brandon’s policy with respect to sanctions has half the world’s population looking to do international trade with something other than the dollars they used in the past. And yes, China, India, and Russia is over half the population. When the dollar is no longer  the defacto international currency, then the majority of dollars that are in existence, which aren’t inside the US economy will come back into the US economy. What will that do to prices?
This is how Putin can win this war even if he loses. He wanted to destroy the US dollar and the power it gives the USA, but he wasn’t able to. Well until  our president handed him this.
Of course anything that shows a possible Russian win is propaganda, at least that’s the acceptable Ukraine position in this thread. Maybe Zelensky is smarter and playing the game with Putin? When the dollar dies commodities will skyrocket and Ukraine exports a lot of commodities like Russia.  Could be quit profitable for the leader and savior of Ukraine…

what the fuzzy bunny blue balls fucking hell does this have to do with "OFFICIAL Ukraine conflict thread"

asking for a friend.

I would think a mod might take some action for these posts
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 7:57:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Removing an unexploded bomb from some guys house.

https://t.me/u_now/28518
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 8:03:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Suburbanhillbilly:
People's disposable income and spending have nothing to do with it. But because Social Security and Medicare depend on the taxes levied on the next generation, the relative numbers between those two groups is certainly critical. And if the retiring generation is larger than the tax paying generation, that is unsustainable without some degree of inflationary policies.
The govt must borrow (sell bonds), or print. They just use the Fed to make all that easier for themselves.

But as for what you're saying about Russia and the cold war, yes. Anything could happen. A Serb could assasinate an Archduke and start the ball rolling. Could. But it's not likely.

And if you'd not been so quick to dismiss the rest of the lecture, you'd get that. Russia ~ and China ~ will not be likely to feed themselves, much less take over the free world.

View Quote

Came here to say this.  I think what he is getting at is that even though old folks spend less, politicians tend to print money to take care of them. There are not enough young workers paying taxes to take care of all the aging boomers.  In the real world where decisions are made based on political considerations, demographics CAN drive economics.

Link Posted: 3/13/2022 8:18:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 8:31:15 AM EDT
[#20]

For the 10th time, when you surrender, you are a POW.  You don't fight war crimes with war crimes in the court of public opinion.  Which is the only way Ukraine wins this war.
View All Quotes

For the 10th time.

If they were dead and no pics were taken we would never know.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 8:41:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 8:42:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 8:46:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 8:49:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Chokey:
View Quote

looks a lot like a TOW
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 8:49:48 AM EDT
[#25]

Be prepared for a strongly worded op-ed as to why war journalists are sacred even while active combat is taking place, and that all parties should stop shooting / shelling /bombing when they are present.

In other worrds....fuck all the dead soldiers and civilians, our guy got perished, so it's serious now.

Link Posted: 3/13/2022 8:50:17 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Abakan:

View Quote

"to siege a city is the lowest......"
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 8:52:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By CletusRoundbelly:

Be prepared for a strongly worded op-ed as to why war journalists are sacred even while active combat is taking place, and that all parties should stop shooting / shelling /bombing when they are present.

In other worrds....fuck all the dead soldiers and civilians, our guy got perished, so it's serious now.

View All Quotes

They might beat the war drum now.

I'm surprised how hawkish the left has been on all of this. I guess "Russia Russia Russia!" had a lasting effect.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 8:55:05 AM EDT
[#28]

View All Quotes

Just another good commie. I’ll have a coke.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 8:56:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 8:57:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By 357mag:

looks a lot like a TOW
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 357mag:
Originally Posted By Chokey:

looks a lot like a TOW
Too fast, not enough smoke, and too steady on the aim.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 8:59:29 AM EDT
[#31]
Video

Link Posted: 3/13/2022 9:01:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Knightmare_23:

View All Quotes

You are so brave.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 9:04:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By M-1975:
Video

View Quote

Brent Renaud
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 9:05:05 AM EDT
[#34]
Video

View Quote

God bless them.  They were in the thick of it in Irpin.  I wonder if it was UKR or RUS who shot them?
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 9:05:19 AM EDT
[#35]
Video

View Quote

If the Brent Renaud he mentions is one of the Renaud Brothers film makers, he is from Arkansas. I don't know the guy, but we have mutual friends.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 9:05:55 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Freiheit8472:
Guys this is nuts! They found a dead Russians chained to a pole. Barbarians the horde.

Hopefully I don’t screw posting this up…

Telegram- body chained to a pole (Russian)https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/539199/45FCA659-3EE3-4C04-8F00-C35F1B035B35_png-2311602.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/539199/9CB46F69-474B-46DF-8F89-4A66E3E22A79_png-2311603.JPG
View Quote

Someone pages back said these were looters.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 9:06:21 AM EDT
[#37]

God bless them.  They were in the thick of it in Irpin.  I wonder if it was UKR or RUS who shot them?
View Quote

One side has a track record of it. Why are you even asking?
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 9:07:19 AM EDT
[#38]

One side has a track record of it. Why are you even asking?
View Quote

I'm asking because I don't know.  Neither do you.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 9:07:23 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By 6SJ7GT:

Someone pages back said these were looters.
View Quote

Nono.

Looters get shrink wrapped, pants down, and the OAB puniahes them
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 9:07:56 AM EDT
[#40]

I'm asking because I don't know.  Neither do you.
View Quote

Lol
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 9:08:43 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 9:09:12 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By dillydilly:

Difference is that the Afghanis didn’t want the US there. Also they weren’t fighting an obvious enemy, but more so their own countrymen with different beliefs. With Ukraine it’s obvious. A bigger badder external enemy trying to destroy their homeland.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dillydilly:
Originally Posted By OBird:

Holy crap…

Spend $2 trillion after taking over all of Afghanistan and trying to build them from the ground up over 20 years = zero tangible benefit

Spend a few billion, toss some javelins at Ukraine and say “good luck” = practically cripple the Russian Army in a few weeks

Wowza.

Difference is that the Afghanis didn’t want the US there. Also they weren’t fighting an obvious enemy, but more so their own countrymen with different beliefs. With Ukraine it’s obvious. A bigger badder external enemy trying to destroy their homeland.

The other difference is that Ukraine is a functioning state and military; its much easier to train up and upgrade an existing competent force under a national government that wants you there.

Afghanistan is not a real nationstate so much as a collection of tribes, militias, and villages occupying a geographic area. Muchhhh harder to make them into a real military.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 9:09:15 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Stretchman:

The Day After
Threads

While you're at it, you might want to look up Able Archer.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Stretchman:
Originally Posted By TNC:
Help me out with my preps. I need to brush up on my training films. What should I watch?

1. Dr Strangelove
2. Red Dawn (the original educational afterschool special, not the mindnumbing remake)
3. Hunt for Red October
4. ??? Make suggestions here

The Day After
Threads

While you're at it, you might want to look up Able Archer.

Couple of Airforce films:
Strategic Air Command

A Gathering of Eagles
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 9:11:13 AM EDT
[#44]
Renaud was shot in the neck, colleague is GTG. Vehicle took rounds after crossing a checkpoint.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 9:12:01 AM EDT
[#45]
View Quote

As a former SIGINT guy, I want to play with...

That is a 5 element DF array on a fold down mast.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 9:12:42 AM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

You know nothing about the man except who he worked for. He was there risking his life to report to the world what’s going on. And he paid the ultimate price. Go be edgy somewhere else.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 9:12:44 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By antenna_farmer:

As a former SIGINT guy, I want to play with...

That is a 5 element DF array on a fold down mast.
View Quote

Username DEFINITELY checks out.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 9:13:11 AM EDT
[#48]

Oh man, the libs are going apeshit now that one of their own has been killed.  Send in the B2s!!
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 9:13:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: eesmith] [#49]
Substack podcast: Father Roman interview

I talked to a military chaplain, he had some interesting anecdotes from his soldiers. Apparently some of the troops are hanging Ukrainian flags on abandoned/out of fuel Russian equipment and covering up the IFF marks so the next Russians that come along blast them.

Link Posted: 3/13/2022 9:14:58 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By x248716x:

https://i.imgur.com/2A0vSgN.jpg
saw this in the same Su-34 Izyum jet shoot-down twitter feed.
View Quote

The best new gen 5.56 rifle has entered the conflict...love it!
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1045 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top