Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1044 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/13/2022 3:17:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By x248716x:

wondering if the Ukranians will be able to counter-battery artillery that shit?  enough time to prepare, they're not surrounded, yet.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By hondaciv:
Originally Posted By evilyoda:

I don’t know man. As slow and uncoordinated as it seems, the russians are on the outskirts of kyiv poised to start bombarding it.  I sure hope that the ukrainians are planning a counterattack to isolate putins  siege forces to force them to surrender.  And it feels like the russians have been holding back a lot of airpower.
   At this point putin might just be interested in leveling the major Ukrainian cities and call it a victory.

They've been on the outskirts of Kiev poised to bombard it for 2 weeks now.

wondering if the Ukranians will be able to counter-battery artillery that shit?  enough time to prepare, they're not surrounded, yet.

so the multiple elint/radar birds on ads-b for the last month are worth nothing?

keep handing Ukraine antitank and antiair missiles and intel.  until vlad runs out of useful idiots.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 3:19:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Skydivesnake:

I'm surprised you wrote that. If you buy what you ordinarily use there is very little write-off of preps.

Eg You like a particular type of spag sauce ? Buy a bunch of that. Not the cheaper version that you don't like. Like Ritz crackers ? Buy a fuckton of those, not a bunch of hardtack.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/13/2022 3:19:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Balu:

Biden wasn't elected. He was installed by the establishment in a stolen election. Rampant, well-documented election fraud  manufactured the votes needed to close the gap. Everyone knows this. That's why any mention of it was censored so aggressively by the tech oligarchs. They can't let people talk about the truth. Truth is their kryptonite.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Balu:
Originally Posted By MouseBoy:
Probably one of the strongest drivers of inflation has been Biden's moratorium on student loan payments.

Also, let's not forget wannabe student loan holder deadbeats absolutely elected Biden due to their delusion of loan forgiveness.

Biden wasn't elected. He was installed by the establishment in a stolen election. Rampant, well-documented election fraud  manufactured the votes needed to close the gap. Everyone knows this. That's why any mention of it was censored so aggressively by the tech oligarchs. They can't let people talk about the truth. Truth is their kryptonite.

the truth will out.  2022 election fixes the house and senate.  2024 kicks sniff and blow to the curb.  

orange man mean tweets and crotch grabbing in 2024 will end vlad and pooh expeditionary adventurism.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 3:20:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By OBird:

Holy crap…

Spend $2 trillion after taking over all of Afghanistan and trying to build them from the ground up over 20 years = zero tangible benefit

Spend a few billion, toss some javelins at Ukraine and say “good luck” = practically cripple the Russian Army in a few weeks

Wowza.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mancow:

Seems like it was a bit better return this time.

Holy crap…

Spend $2 trillion after taking over all of Afghanistan and trying to build them from the ground up over 20 years = zero tangible benefit

Spend a few billion, toss some javelins at Ukraine and say “good luck” = practically cripple the Russian Army in a few weeks

Wowza.

Amazing isn't it?
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 3:22:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Skydivesnake:

I'm surprised you wrote that. If you buy what you ordinarily use there is very little write-off of preps.

Eg You like a particular type of spag sauce ? Buy a bunch of that. Not the cheaper version that you don't like. Like Ritz crackers ? Buy a fuckton of those, not a bunch of hardtack.
View Quote

Ritz and other such savory crackers will not store well because the tasty fats will go rancid. What I meant by preps is things like Sailor Boy pilot bread. Stuff you can live on in the extremity.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 3:28:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 3:30:54 AM EDT
[#7]
They made the emergency D ration chocolate barely palatable specifically so no one would eat it unless they were down in the shit. Rotating supplies of ordinary semi-perishable stuff you consume regularly isn't really 'prepping', it's just not being stupidly last minute.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 3:33:15 AM EDT
[#8]

Amazing isn't it?
View All Quotes

Holy crap…

Wowza.

Amazing isn't it?

But not surprising.  We never were trying to win in Afghanistan, just slowly bleed the American taxpayer.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 3:34:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: x248716x] [#9]

saw this in the same Su-34 Izyum jet shoot-down twitter feed.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 3:34:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By elcope:

Almost like there was some cultural difference, or something.
View All Quotes

Amazing isn't it?

Almost like there was some cultural difference, or something.

I never really paid attention to Ukraine in detail until this kicked off. The thing that caught my attention initially and still does is the appearance of the place. It looks as if Red Dawn was set in the Kansas City suburb of Overland Park. Perfectly well maintained and elegantly archtectured citys full of MILFS.

After seeing that I knew things were going to be different. Very different.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 3:42:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Riply21:
Russia is not the soviet union they have an aging population and low birthrates.
View Quote

Russia is not the soviet union they have an aging population and low birthrates. batteries.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 3:49:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Freiheit8472:

If I may, just throwing in that the mechanized stuff Ivan was using back then was new. Literally rolling off the production lines into battle, like at Kursk (and it still broke down at statistically significant rates). Add in more complicated designs now and sitting unattended for God knows how long... maybe it's impressive as much of this stuff works as it is.

Anybody remember something like this?:  Since the Germans trained and worked with the Soviets during Weimar due to treaty restrictions, I remember reading somewhere that the Russian tanks (maybe even the T-34) were either mostly German designs or highly derivative works, like the AK47 turned out to be. My memory is fuzzy on it these days...
View Quote

Functionally the AK is more of an M1 Garand than a STG44

The only comparison is visual
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 4:13:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By fury413rb:

Functionally the AK is more of an M1 Garand than a STG44

View Quote

Ah interesting, guess I have some digging to do to understand that some more. Will have to return some
more credit to Kalashnikov!

I have a couple boxes of the stg 44’s kurz rounds :)
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 4:17:04 AM EDT
[#14]

Ah interesting, guess I have some digging to do to understand that some more. Will have to return some
more credit to Kalashnikov!

I have a couple boxes of the stg 44’s kurz rounds :)
View Quote

The Kalashnikov is a long rod gas piston system, like the Garand, basically.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 4:17:26 AM EDT
[#15]

Holy crap…

Wowza.
View Quote

Difference is that the Afghanis didn’t want the US there. Also they weren’t fighting an obvious enemy, but more so their own countrymen with different beliefs. With Ukraine it’s obvious. A bigger badder external enemy trying to destroy their homeland.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 4:19:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By fury413rb:

Functionally the AK is more of an M1 Garand FN Model 8 than a STG44

View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 4:25:57 AM EDT
[#17]
The main difference is the Kalashnikov long rod piston is over the barrel and the Garand piston is under the barrel, plus a bunch of other cut rate Russian style shortcuts in design. It's not as if Mikhail dreamed up an original and unique design out of the yeasty ferment of his genius innovation. He ripped a half dozen other designs and called it good, and it was Russia Soviet, so they were amazed and awestruck by the brilliance and made 87 billion of them straightaway...
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 4:33:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: nickmemphis] [#18]
A Kalashnikov does only one thing better than almost any other autoloading rifle, and that is it works. You can literally pour concrete around it, chip it out with a geologist hammer, and shoot it as is. In any other rifle category, it's on the short bus with a helmet, sucking it's thumb. Accuracy is inherently poor simply because of the design. It's a pure peasant rifle, intended for troops whose basic training starts with, "This is a boot. You put the boot on your foot. This is the foot wrap you put on before the boot, because socks are beyond your ken."
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 4:36:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Freiheit8472] [#19]
Originally Posted By nickmemphis:
The main difference is the Kalashnikov long rod piston is over the barrel and the Garand piston is under the barrel, plus a bunch of other cut rate Russian style shortcuts in design. It's not as if Mikhail dreamed up an original and unique design out of the yeasty ferment of his genius innovation. He ripped a half dozen other designs and called it good, and it was Russia Soviet, so they were amazed and awestruck by the brilliance and made 87 billion of them straightaway...
View Quote

I like your explanation, thank you!

I know he made more money off that vodka than the weapon. Quantity vs quality- if you trial and error enough suppose you’ll eventually stumble onto some winners

ETA: the second one is even better, ha!
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 4:37:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By FrankyRay:

Yes, I realize that is the conventional wisdom. The Forbes article I linked to offers evidence that supports Peter Zeihan's contrary comment. Take it for what it's worth.

Moscow:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/546602/mcdonaldsrussiaSS_0_0_jpg-2311442.JPG

Moscow:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/546602/full-starbucks-in-russian_jpg-2311443.JPG

The cold war ended.
View Quote

You do realize that McDonalds was in the USSR before it fell right?
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 4:47:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By JTF2:
It's called the Charter of Rights and Freedoms for starters... and the invoking of the Emergencies Act had the support of the vast majority of the Canadian population... and only came after 3 weeks of patience had run out, which included the louts closing down major border trade bridges to the point where automobile production lines had to shut down on both sides of the border, businesses had been closed down for weeks in downtown Ottawa and air horns were sounding around the clock while people were trying to sleep etc.   You should use google to review how the VAST majority of the citizens living in Ottawa felt about the convoy.  Over 90% of the truckers were against it too.

On another note, you clearly don't have a clue about how close the USA and Canada have been and continues to be as well and likely aren't old enough to remember what Canada did in 1979 when the U.S. embassy in Tehran fell or on 9/11 when the USA closed it's air space to all incoming commercial air traffic, including all American jets.  If Canada hadn't taken them ALL in despite not knowing the true situation on board each of them, they would have been landing in the Atlantic.

oh and btw, Canada most definitely has been stepping up in many different ways to help the Ukrainians and will continue to do so.
View Quote

If true then they and you deserve the future you will have, defending such a crackdown on nonviolent demonstrations is disgusting and all criticisms of it are valid. That was no riot or terror action and to argue otherwise is ludicrous. But you guys do you, you wont be the one wearing the boots forever, and your tears will be ignored.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 5:06:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Missile defense systems that were sent to Poland are up and running.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 5:20:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Guys this is nuts! They found a dead Russians chained to a pole. Barbarians the horde.

Hopefully I don’t screw posting this up…

Telegram- body chained to a pole (Russian)Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 5:23:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Guys this is nuts! They found a dead Russians chained to a pole. Barbarians the horde.

Telegram- body chained to a pole (Russian)https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/539199/45FCA659-3EE3-4C04-8F00-C35F1B035B35_png-2311602.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/539199/9CB46F69-474B-46DF-8F89-4A66E3E22A79_png-2311603.JPG
View Quote

I wonder how long before the Russians/bots start screaming about this being a war crime?
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 5:25:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 5:31:53 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By dillydilly:

You do realize that McDonalds was in the USSR before it fell right?
View Quote

it was there for a couple years and I think one location for awhile.  just before it fell.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 5:33:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Air raid sirens in Lviv again:

Link Posted: 3/13/2022 5:38:50 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By eesmith:
Air raid sirens in Lviv again:

View Quote

Don’t suppose you have someone nearby to tell you what exactly they’re saying? (Curious if there’s any higher res info than than the ‘alert-head to shelters!’ Kind of thing)
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 5:42:17 AM EDT
[#29]

Looks like an expended AT4 tube next to the body, so possibly Ukrainian.
View Quote

No,not an AT4,it’s an RPG-22. Certainly a Russian as this pic was taken after snow melt
Attachment Attached File

I’m guessing had attempted desertion or something,can’t think of any other reason. I had read about rumors of using unwilling gunners in Sturmoviks in WWII and chaining truck drivers to the steering wheel in Vietnam War and perhaps they got the same idea. I’m forgetting the term Russians were using for volunteers in Ukraine other than “polite person” but possibly one of them that thought it was a good lark up until it was a real war but of course do not know.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 5:57:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By agillig:
I haven't seen the second one, but the first one gave me chills.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By planemaker:
Originally Posted By TNC:
Help me out with my preps. I need to brush up on my training films. What should I watch?

1. Dr Strangelove
2. Red Dawn (the original educational afterschool special, not the mindnumbing remake)
3. Hunt for Red October
4. ??? Make suggestions here
There's a video on YouTube called the World War 3 Documentary or something like that.  About an hour and a half long
 Well worth it and eye opening.

That would be this one set in the time of Bush the elder:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZf-M_vC22w

There's also this one that is set right after Trump's election while Odumbo was still in the WH:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWqWAi_H_9o
I haven't seen the second one, but the first one gave me chills.

Is this real, it seems almost fake, the interviews seemed scripted? Also, at the presser with Bush and some Soviet guy, the reporter question seemed dubbed? It is interesting, but I stopped watching 20 minutes in, because I am not sure if it is real.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 5:59:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:

The longer I watch Russia's moves, the more I suspect they had hopes of colonization. Like old school, "You go away, this is ours now." type shit.

If you wipe a city off the map, it's likely there will be a need to rebuild it. If you're so strapped for cash that you're considering colonization as a viable option... It's likely you ain't got the scratch or the time for such things.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:
Originally Posted By evilyoda:

I don’t know man. As slow and uncoordinated as it seems, the russians are on the outskirts of kyiv poised to start bombarding it.  I sure hope that the ukrainians are planning a counterattack to isolate putins  siege forces to force them to surrender.  And it feels like the russians have been holding back a lot of airpower.
   At this point putin might just be interested in leveling the major Ukrainian cities and call it a victory.

They've been on the outskirts of Kiev poised to bombard it for 2 weeks now.

The longer I watch Russia's moves, the more I suspect they had hopes of colonization. Like old school, "You go away, this is ours now." type shit.

If you wipe a city off the map, it's likely there will be a need to rebuild it. If you're so strapped for cash that you're considering colonization as a viable option... It's likely you ain't got the scratch or the time for such things.

Lebensraum im Osten Westen?

That was the plan from the beginning, didnt you notice? He wants the USSR back.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 6:03:37 AM EDT
[#32]
says about 20,000 Volunteers from other places have joined Ukrainian forces according to their newspaper. Curios if its accurate, or over or under reported.

I can imagine that many or more, no love for Russia in much of the world. At least for people over 30.

AMN link
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 6:14:04 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By TNC:
Help me out with my preps. I need to brush up on my training films. What should I watch?

1. Dr Strangelove
2. Red Dawn (the original educational afterschool special, not the mindnumbing remake)
3. Hunt for Red October
4. ??? Make suggestions here
View Quote

The Day After
Threads

While you're at it, you might want to look up Able Archer.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 6:17:20 AM EDT
[#34]
Second siren goes off. Old dude out for a stroll and smoke during an air raid:

Link Posted: 3/13/2022 6:17:28 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By thesilvercord:

View Quote

https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/03/12/7330774/
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 6:36:02 AM EDT
[#36]
Captured occupiers in Mariupol school

Guess they’re close enough to infiltrate some…?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 6:45:53 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 6:47:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: hondaciv] [#38]

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 6:49:55 AM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

No shit. These Ukes are fighters.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 6:50:29 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By eesmith:
Second siren goes off. Old dude out for a stroll and smoke during an air raid:

View Quote

You got to leave old crusty dude alone, don't let old dude be messin' with your ride, man.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 6:53:19 AM EDT
[#41]

Telegram- body chained to a pole (Russian)https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/539199/45FCA659-3EE3-4C04-8F00-C35F1B035B35_png-2311602.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/539199/9CB46F69-474B-46DF-8F89-4A66E3E22A79_png-2311603.JPG
View Quote

Hard to tell who he is. That an at4?
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 6:57:39 AM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

For the 10th time.

They are bombing hospitals, targeting civilians.

Stop.... Taking.... Prisoners....
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 6:58:22 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By cryo_tech:

Hard to tell who he is. That an at4?
View Quote

RPG22

Outofbattery caught it a few posts up with a daytime pic

I’m not sure how to link a post besides a quote and that’s a lot of finger gymnastics for me atm
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 7:00:05 AM EDT
[#44]

For the 10th time.

View All Quotes

For the 10th time.

For the 10th time, when you surrender, you are a POW.  You don't fight war crimes with war crimes in the court of public opinion.  Which is the only way Ukraine wins this war.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 7:01:21 AM EDT
[#45]

RPG22

Outofbattery caught it a few posts up with a daytime pic

I’m not sure how to link a post besides a quote and that’s a lot of finger gymnastics for me atm
View Quote

Yeah I saw the thaw pic. Looks bloody?

Still hard to tell.

If it is a Russian chained to a pole and allowed to freeze to death, I'll allow it.

Or you could chain him to a hospital. That way he will get shelled by his own comrades.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 7:03:14 AM EDT
[#46]

For the 10th time, when you surrender, you are a POW.  You don't fight war crimes with war crimes in the court of public opinion.  Which is the only way Ukraine wins this war.
View All Quotes

For the 10th time.

You do you.

This shit happens on my soil, I'm not taking prisoners.

Geneva convention? I stopped being bound by that the day I got my dd.

Link Posted: 3/13/2022 7:04:26 AM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

Dibs on gun.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 7:04:34 AM EDT
[#48]

You do you.

This shit happens on my soil, I'm not taking prisoners.

Geneva convention? I stopped being bound by that the day I got my dd.

View Quote

Just don't take pictures.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 7:07:19 AM EDT
[#49]

You want Erdogan to deliver more Bayraktari? This is how you get more Bayraktari.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 7:07:41 AM EDT
[#50]
At what point do you think that Ukraine goes on the offense and starts targeting shit in Russia.

Could a lone pilot make his way to Moscow and drop a fuck you bomb? Or maybe someone sneaks in and sets one off?

Is such a thing possible?
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1044 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top