Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1049 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:05:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

Ukraine never promised not be cozy with NATO.  They gave up their nukes, which they probably would have struggled to maintain in the first place, in exchange for assurances which were rather worthless in all honesty.

Despite Punit's grandstanding, nothing of this has anything to do with a potential NATO membership for Ukraine.
View Quote

Nods. Valid points of nuance. But the main thing is, Russia sort of obliquely implied they wouldn't do any scorpiorussian stuff like they've been wont to do since roughly about the time when Russia first became an identifiable ethnonational entity, or at least a bunch of gullible fucktards running shit on our side thought they more or less sort of did, right?
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:08:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:10:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By x248716x:

looks like the russians pulled back from Skadovsk, by Crimea.  kinda surprising, but I guess they needed those troops elsewhere.
View Quote

Looks like the war will be one in the battle for fastiv and obukhiv.

Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:10:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Ledfingers:

You are not factoring in who our President is.  Biden tends to make the wrong decisions on war and international issues.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By nickmemphis:
A few other thoughts about global thermonuclear war. First of all, if it happens at all, there won't be any nonsense about limited this, and restrained ROE bullshit. The first time someone lets a nuke loose in anger, every other nuclear power on the planet is going to freak and use theirs before they lose them. Weapon accuracy CEP is like <100 meters now, so no one has any launch sites that can survive that, so it's immediately launch now or forever hold your peace. With reference to ground based ICBM sites in fixed locations. You can't exactly keep them secret anymore.

You are not factoring in who our President is.  Biden tends to make the wrong decisions on war and international issues.

True dat, but see, a lot of it is automatic. It's not like, you know, Skynet automatic, but the SIOP assumes loss of coms with NCA. 15 minutes is not nearly enough time to wake the prez, even a competent one with all his mental faculties intact, and get him all up to speed and wait for a decision.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:12:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By thesilvercord:

Agreed. Feels like China is sitting back and taking a lot of notes right now for their next play.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By W_E_G:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/105614/1A23C137-B96B-445D-82AC-00FF509D885B_jpe-2311692.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/105614/9CA3EB46-8994-4732-9CD3-8C4C0F8BF52F_jpe-2311693.JPG

Agreed. Feels like China is sitting back and taking a lot of notes right now for their next play.

Everybody who is anybody is.  The amount of sigint planes up over Poland and other areas in proximity to Ukraine is staggering.  Watching the plane tracking websites, that class of aircraft has the most national flags.  I have to say the least is tankers because it's virtually only USA flagged tankers up.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:13:37 PM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

The world is burning and dumbfuck potato's cabinet is just beating its chest about protecting Nato countries when nobody is touching Nato countries lol
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:14:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:14:49 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

Uh huh, sure. Russia already bombed a member-state's embassy
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:15:16 PM EDT
[#9]

I don't know if it's that cynical, without precedence.  USA journalists, and other nationals, seem to be too acclimated to USA embedded standards.  When I was growing up, old school wars were very risky being anywhere near the front lines.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:15:22 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote

Sad but true. There has never been a more incompetent cabinet in the history of this country.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:15:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:16:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:16:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By SuperSixOne:
The UK Army trained 20,000 Ukrainian soldiers directly.

It's probably why they're holding ground as well as they are.
View Quote

From my understanding, UK sent decent troops to train while US sent in the second string folks.  This comes from the mouth of the guy that was tasked with babysitting them.  I confirmed after talking with some NG folks that were clueless.

Let that sink in.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:16:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By gentlemanfarmer:

1/2 the population of the Donbass is not happy with the deal they got. The other half are brainwashed.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gentlemanfarmer:
Originally Posted By Parabellum08:

My experience is that Ukrainians are pretty fucking bitter about Donbas and Crimea being taken away by force. Considering how russified those regions were to begin with, the pragmatic choice is just to cut them loose. It’s also not an option that’s going to help Zelenski much when he runs for reelection.

1/2 the population of the Donbass is not happy with the deal they got. The other half are brainwashed.

could say the same damn thing about the good ol' US of A.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:16:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By 74HC:

Everybody who is anybody is.  The amount of sigint planes up over Poland and other areas in proximity to Ukraine is staggering.  Watching the plane tracking websites, that class of aircraft has the most national flags.  I have to say the least is tankers because it's virtually only USA flagged tankers up.
View Quote

If there are tankers there is a lot of other stuff up there, they're just not squaking.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:18:27 PM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:19:10 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

Define "full-fledged NATO response."

Are we talking actual full-fledged-full-fledged response of pushing their shit in, or a token show of force against some rocket launchers?
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:19:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nickmemphis] [#18]
The fucking birds are in the air, ETA 15-24 minutes. tell the agent on post outside the presidential bedroom to go wake him up. now the ETA is 12-19 minutes. Explain to him while he's in an abruptly woken fugue that this is it, we're about to get nuked. What shall we do, sir? Oh, by the way we only have 6-12 minutes to decide now. Coffee? Blue mountain blend, your favorite.  4 minutes or so left now. Shall we launch or just wait to see what happens?
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:19:33 PM EDT
[#19]

True dat, but see, a lot of it is automatic. It's not like, you know, Skynet automatic, but the SIOP assumes loss of coms with NCA. 15 minutes is not nearly enough time to wake the prez, even a competent one with all his mental faculties intact, and get him all up to speed and wait for a decision.
View All Quotes
A few other thoughts about global thermonuclear war. First of all, if it happens at all, there won't be any nonsense about limited this, and restrained ROE bullshit. The first time someone lets a nuke loose in anger, every other nuclear power on the planet is going to freak and use theirs before they lose them. Weapon accuracy CEP is like <100 meters now, so no one has any launch sites that can survive that, so it's immediately launch now or forever hold your peace. With reference to ground based ICBM sites in fixed locations. You can't exactly keep them secret anymore.

I find the whole concept fascinating as to how it would really work.  Doesn't it require a clear and verified order from the President to launch and confirmation by the Sec of Defense that the order is legitimately from the President himself?  It seems like a response to a first strike late at night would not be possible without several hours of consultation and corroboration.  Even then, I could see most Presidents waiting to look at options before escalation.  Our subs would surely survive a first strike.  The Russian Navy is most likely way more incompetent than their other forces.  They couldn't find and touch our subs.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:21:48 PM EDT
[#20]
The fucking birds are in the air, ETA 15-24 minutes. tell the agent on post outside the presidential bedroom to go wake him up. now the ETA is 12-19 minutes. Explain to him while he in abruptly woken fugue that this is it, we're about to get nuked. What shall we do, sir? Oh, by the way we only have 6-12 minutes to decide now. Coffee? Blue mountain blend, your favorite.  4 minutes or so left now. Shall we launch or just wait to see what happens?
View Quote

Uh, did I just have a stroke? Do I need to go to the ER?
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:21:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By anono:

Sad but true. There has never been a more incompetent cabinet in the history of this country.
View Quote

These whiz kids planted 50,000+ Americans

IJS

Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:22:09 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote
Would that get Germany going?  I doubt as I expect them to rationalize that it was an errand strike.  Following NATO issues the past decade in my free time, I've come to the belief that Germany is a worthless member of NATO.  Compared to their GDP, they are essentially tit suckers latched onto USA defense much like the Baltic states.  Those Baltic states have more of an excuse though.  They lack any real GDP for a military and should not have been admitted into NATO until otherwise.

There needs to be a minimum floor of GDP spending and military resources to be a member in good standing.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:22:56 PM EDT
[#23]

I for damn sure hope I'm wrong too, but unfortunately I don't think I am. When I was doing the missile base salvage stuff with Atlas Metals, LLC, living in the Bushong Atlas E site east of Council Grove,  I was all up into the whole nuclear strategy thing. The simple fact is you have to use your nukes ASAP when they start flying, because you are not going to get a second chance. The vehicles are just too damn accurate, like the high rent. It's not physically possible to build a structure that can withstand a direct nuclear ground burst. Even a wee teeny itty bitty one. It's as hot as the core of a star. Normal matter doesn't exist in those conditions.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bunn19:

I hope you are wrong because I think there is a 50% chance Putin fires off a tactical one before this is all over. Especially after the way this is working out for him.

I for damn sure hope I'm wrong too, but unfortunately I don't think I am. When I was doing the missile base salvage stuff with Atlas Metals, LLC, living in the Bushong Atlas E site east of Council Grove,  I was all up into the whole nuclear strategy thing. The simple fact is you have to use your nukes ASAP when they start flying, because you are not going to get a second chance. The vehicles are just too damn accurate, like the high rent. It's not physically possible to build a structure that can withstand a direct nuclear ground burst. Even a wee teeny itty bitty one. It's as hot as the core of a star. Normal matter doesn't exist in those conditions.

Fantasy orcs enjoy extreme violence, they are a chaotic horde, have shoddy makeshift equipment, low intelligence, their tactics consist mainly of mindlessly swarming, fodder for the meatgrinder. It's a perfect fit now that I think about.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:25:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CenterMass762] [#24]
Originally Posted By mnd6563:

I find the whole concept fascinating as to how it would really work.  Doesn't it require a clear and verified order from the President to launch and confirmation by the Sec of Defense that the order is legitimately from the President himself?  It seems like a response to a first strike late at night would not be possible without several hours of consultation and corroboration.  Even then, I could see most Presidents waiting to look at options before escalation.  Our subs would surely survive a first strike.  The Russian Navy is most likely way more incompetent than their other forces.  They couldn't find and touch our subs.
View All Quotes

I would think most scenarios would've been discussed at length beforehand and a response just a matter of going through the agreed upon motions.

I could be wrong, though, because that makes too much sense.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:25:51 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

No. Only in a first strike scenario. If there are nukes inbound, a full response does not need the POTUS to use the football codes. It's totally rational in a MAD paradigm, if you think on it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:25:55 PM EDT
[#26]

If there are tankers there is a lot of other stuff up there, they're just not squaking.
View All Quotes

Absolutely, otherwise why all the tankers.  I think it's a safe bet that some NATO fighters have "accidentally" strayed into Ukrainian airspace.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:26:31 PM EDT
[#27]
First Western Journalist In Russia & DPR Controlled Volnovakha (Special Report)
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:26:32 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm watching a peaceful Slavic people change overnight into an angry people that I can never see forgiving Russia in my lifetime unless Putin is killed and Russia makes immediate reparations.  These two countries had extremely close ties which many folks don't appreciate and I just don't see things going back to normal now.  The people HATE RUSSIANS AND WANT THEM DEAD.  That attitude isn't going to change overnight and I can see a shift in mindset that will seek vengance.

Or maybe it's just me watching denial turn to shock turn to fear turn to anger.  These people have the resources and capabilities to take this war inside Russia if they are properly motivated.  Just because they've never done this, doesn't mean they won't.  Just them thinking this is a leap from a month ago.

Regarding today's attack.  I just don't understand why they're massing material and forces together in today's modern warfare.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:26:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

Will have to wait and see if it happens. But why would NATO be jumping through their asses to improve their military and Finland and Sweden wanting to join NATO if Russia is going to be kaput after this? China?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:
Originally Posted By Auto5guy:
7) Sales of Russian military hardware falls to near zero. That's no small thing for their economy.
8) In any future military incursion NO ONE will be intimidated by them. In fact anywhere they go like in Syria neighboring forces eager to prove themselves will join the side against Russia. They know they might even get to go home with new equipment!
9) Every country who's been cozy with Russia as a way to offset power of a neighbor friendly to the US will be rethinking the value of that friendship and looking for new partners. That weakens Russia in diplomatic affairs like UN votes and such.

All things that will happen even in the best case scenario from here. No matter the Ukraine outcome, Russia is DONE as a military power and as a nation with economic and diplomatic influence.

For the next couple generations at least, they are nothing but a third world country with nukes.

Will have to wait and see if it happens. But why would NATO be jumping through their asses to improve their military and Finland and Sweden wanting to join NATO if Russia is going to be kaput after this? China?
Questions that are more than fair. I think the answer is twofold.
1) Democracies have to be responsive to the mood of the people and the people of Europe are scared of WWIII. The nations in NATO need to show their people they are being protected. As do the the governments of Finland and Sweden. "We're good, don't worry about it." Isn't an answer to get reelected when the public is scared.
2) Putin may not be entirely stable and could cause a lot of damage in a losing attack on another nation out of desperation. If I'm going to step into a cage fight with a guy half my size and half my ability that I can be certain to wipe the floor with, you can bet your ass I'm still going to make sure I have a proper fitting cup.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:26:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By M-1975:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FNvflwDXoAM3Hmx?format=jpg
View Quote

Why is it when I see pictures like this, that Bayraktar song plays in my head?
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:27:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: x248716x] [#31]
Originally Posted By SheltiePimp:

Put yourself in Ukraine's position, not the popular pro-western media position that Zelensky is in. What are your goals and how do you achieve them in this situation?

NATO is not coming to help. There will not be any no-fly zones, and there will not be any transfers of fighter jets.

Ukraine is in the position of having tools (supplied by the west) that require sacrifices for prolonging a losing strategy, a strategy that the west is happy to support because it degrades Russian capabilities. Ukraine is a pawn, and they know it.

Article 5 of nato is what Russia is leveraging, and Ukraine is not part of that leverage.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SheltiePimp:
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

Keeping Ukraine out of nato is a red herring since they weren’t getting brought in.  Also, that agreement would be as useful as the one where Russia promised not to invade inf they gave up their nukes.

Put yourself in Ukraine's position, not the popular pro-western media position that Zelensky is in. What are your goals and how do you achieve them in this situation?

NATO is not coming to help. There will not be any no-fly zones, and there will not be any transfers of fighter jets.

Ukraine is in the position of having tools (supplied by the west) that require sacrifices for prolonging a losing strategy, a strategy that the west is happy to support because it degrades Russian capabilities. Ukraine is a pawn, and they know it.

Article 5 of nato is what Russia is leveraging, and Ukraine is not part of that leverage.

just wondering, with respect to the negotiations, for instance, there was something about Israel that said "take the deal", of course, the reply to Israel should be whether they should take a deal with Iran.

anyways, let's say that the negotiations get to a point where  the Europeans + US, they're all telling Zelinsky to take the deal, and he tells them all to fuck off, because, he's Zelinsky.  and then they say, take the deal or we shut off the flow of ATGM, Stingers, ammo, etc, and you're on your own homie.

I mean, Zelinsky shouldn't trust Biden further than he can spit.  and the German guy, Schroder?  pffft.  Macron?  he wants to negotiate a peace, for re-election instagram points.  etc.

I think that Poland will still stand with Ukraine until the end, whichever way that goes.  the others?  they might be fair-weather friends.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:32:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By x248716x:

just wondering, with respect to the negotiations, for instance, there was something about Israel that said "take the deal", of course, the reply to Israel should be whether they should take a deal with Iran.

anyways, let's say that the negotiations get to a point where  the Europeans + US, they're all telling Zelinsky to take the deal, and he tells them all to fuck off, because, he's Zelinsky.  and then they say, take the deal or we shut off the flow of ATGM, Stingers, ammo, etc, and you're on your own homie.

I mean, Zelinsky shouldn't trust Biden further than he can spit.  and the German guy, Schroder?  pffft.  Macron?  he wants to negotiate a peace, for re-election instagram points.  etc.

I think the Poland will still stand with Ukraine until the end, whichever way that goes.  the others?  they might be fair-weather friends.
View Quote

If our country was actually sane, Zelinsky would trust the President of the US to do whatever is in the best interest of the US, not Ukraine.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:32:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By hondaciv:
Just hanging out by the burning tank.

View Quote

My understanding is that the Russian tank ammo is better than the Ukrainian ammo.  With everyone just standing right next to the tank, I would guess they took the ammo out to use in their tanks.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:32:59 PM EDT
[#34]
There needs to be a minimum floor of GDP spending and military resources to be a member in good standing.
View Quote

There is.  It is 2% of GDP.  Unfortunately, only us and Poland follow the rules, and Trump was the only person to ever call the freeloaders out on it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:33:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Full disclaimer, nearly everything I know about nuclear strategy applies only to fixed land based ICBMs and ready bombers. Submarines are horses of different colored feathers and kettles. But we no longer have an ELF transmitter, I don't think. How that changes the calculus, I do not know. I guess they are just hoping there will be some sort of early warning so the boomers will know to be loitering at antennae depth and paying extra special attention.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:37:55 PM EDT
[#36]
The fucking birds are in the air, ETA 15-24 minutes. tell the agent on post outside the presidential bedroom to go wake him up. now the ETA is 12-19 minutes. Explain to him while he's in an abruptly woken fugue that this is it, we're about to get nuked. What shall we do, sir? Oh, by the way we only have 6-12 minutes to decide now. Coffee? Blue mountain blend, your favorite.  4 minutes or so left now. Shall we launch or just wait to see what happens?
View Quote
"Launch code, launch code? Uhh, I think its Jill's birthday or is Beaus? Or is it mine? I made it easy to remember but I forgot. Can't you ask somebody else?"
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:39:19 PM EDT
[#37]
List of Confirmed Losses of Russian aircraft so far (Russo-Ukrainian War 2022)
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:39:49 PM EDT
[#38]

No. Only in a first strike scenario. If there are nukes inbound, a full response does not need the POTUS to use the football codes. It's totally rational in a MAD paradigm, if you think on it.
View All Quotes

Interesting.  So is it like the UK's Letter of Last Resort?   Can the DOD launch based on pre-agreed upon scenarios if the POTUS is not reachable?  Or would an acting Commander in Chief still need to give the final order to launch?  It seems like getting someone awake and coherent and engaged in under 15 minutes is highly improbable.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:40:05 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

I have seen UK tankers frequently, at least one French flagged, I think an Italian, and a Canadian (although I’m not sure the Canadian wasn’t on a cargo run at that particular moment).  Also, logic would dictate that all these assets are simply not squawking at times vs going home.  At times I’ve seen two kc-135s and a kc-10 orbiting in relatively close proximity, with no intersections with the ELINT flight paths. The amount of western assets airborne at any given moment is truly impressive.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:40:50 PM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

Yeah, OK. Everyone has made it clear they're too afraid to do shit because Putin might go nuclear.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:41:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By MarneRock:

Is this real, it seems almost fake, the interviews seemed scripted? Also, at the presser with Bush and some Soviet guy, the reporter question seemed dubbed? It is interesting, but I stopped watching 20 minutes in, because I am not sure if it is real.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MarneRock:
Originally Posted By agillig:
Originally Posted By planemaker:
Originally Posted By agillig:
Originally Posted By TNC:
Help me out with my preps. I need to brush up on my training films. What should I watch?

1. Dr Strangelove
2. Red Dawn (the original educational afterschool special, not the mindnumbing remake)
3. Hunt for Red October
4. ??? Make suggestions here
There's a video on YouTube called the World War 3 Documentary or something like that.  About an hour and a half long
 Well worth it and eye opening.

That would be this one set in the time of Bush the elder:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZf-M_vC22w

There's also this one that is set right after Trump's election while Odumbo was still in the WH:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWqWAi_H_9o
I haven't seen the second one, but the first one gave me chills.

Is this real, it seems almost fake, the interviews seemed scripted? Also, at the presser with Bush and some Soviet guy, the reporter question seemed dubbed? It is interesting, but I stopped watching 20 minutes in, because I am not sure if it is real.

They're both fictional. You can tell there's video from a lot of different things spliced in. Both of them are very well produced. And, more than a little bit scary.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:41:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Mariupol. Is it still encircled? There was a rumor the siege had been broken.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:41:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Are we going to derail the Ukraine war thread talking about US nuclear impacts for 20 pages again 🙄
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:42:04 PM EDT
[#44]
You can call bombers back before they pickle, and theoretically you can call a boomer sub off if they are where you can contact them, which again, we don't have an ELF Tx capability anymore so they would have to be tooling around with a radio mast erect to do that. But your ground based missiles have to go first and they don't have any no wait, stop, ability. They are not going to work, you know, like after.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:42:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Update: Russian is still screwed financially even with all that gold.
Good thread:

Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:43:16 PM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FNvflwDXoAM3Hmx?format=jpg

I'd say that's a GRAD strike
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:44:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Grendelsbane:

I have seen UK tankers frequently, at least one French flagged, I think an Italian, and a Canadian (although I’m not sure the Canadian wasn’t on a cargo run at that particular moment).  Also, logic would dictate that all these assets are simply not squawking at times vs going home.  At times I’ve seen two kc-135s and a kc-10 orbiting in relatively close proximity, with no intersections with the ELINT flight paths. The amount of western assets airborne at any given moment is truly impressive.
View Quote

I've seen tons of tankers and drones. For a little while some American F16s were visible, I guess there was some strategic reason, probably making the Russian's aware without a doubt they were there, so no plausible deniability. Just a guess.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:45:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By KELBEAST:
Are we going to derail the Ukraine war thread talking about US nuclear impacts for 20 pages again 🙄
View Quote

Yep. But this time it smells like toast.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:47:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Update: Russian is still screwed financially even with all that gold.
Good thread:

View Quote

Whomp Whomp

Putin should become a televangelist, he'd make money hand over foot from a stupid subset of Americans that are riding his dick.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:48:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Clockwork138:

Yeah, OK. Everyone has made it clear they're too afraid to do shit because Putin might go nuclear.
View Quote

As I understand it the NATO agreement among countries says that everybody agrees to come to each others aid if attacked, and also each country agrees to not jump into any other wars without NATO agreement on it. It's a plan for stability. The US is by far the most powerful member so they are given a lot more leeway as we are the country that would be needed to help save any of the others.  Ukraine is not a NATO nation. This agreement is one of the reason we end up supplying weapons to other countries in proxy wars without actually waging war.
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1049 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top