Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1071 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:35:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mnd6563:

Can that 30mm cannon have any significant effect on a T-72bm?
View Quote

From side and rear is a kill possible, front maybe a mission kill if they hit optics or the main gun.

But it would be stupid to try one on one, the T-72 can engage a BTR-4 at 4km.

Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:36:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By dillydilly:

Don't forget that Putin is a Judo master. I'm pretty sure even at 70 he can use that to his advantage.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JamesP81:

Elon Musk is 50.  Putin is 69 or 70.   I think I'd put my money on the youth of the mad genius.

Don't forget that Putin is a Judo master. I'm pretty sure even at 70 he can use that to his advantage.
Can you imagine if Putin accepted?  The Pay-per-view income would easily pay for Elon's Mars colony.

Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:36:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TONTO44] [#3]
Would the Russian gas pipelines, that go through Ukraine to Europe, be legitimate targets for Ukraine?

I saw this tweet:

Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:36:31 AM EDT
[#4]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By M-1975:

That APC at the end really had a bad day from that 30mm cannon.

Against the ERA on the side skirts probably not , against he bare hull/sides it is in the realm of possibility.

The t72 hull should be around 80mm of RHA, apds 30x165mm has some where around 45mm of penetration at 100 meters against an 60 degree slope so I'm unsure about it's performance against a flat side.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:36:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Heartbreaker1373:

Shit.

It's probably on after that.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Heartbreaker1373:
Originally Posted By hondaciv:
Ukraine's Zelensky to address the full Congress of the United States on Wednesday.

Shit.

It's probably on after that.
Not sure I would go that far, but if it does, people need to realize that sometimes a job you don't want to do has to be done, even if an idiot is in charge of it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:37:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

I think the Spike LR was a better system, it can do the top attack, and you could guide the missile into the commanders open hatch on a tank if you wanted to.   The range I think was 4km or more and it was a little larger than Javelin.  So either way, both are great weapons for what you want to use them for, but for now I think the NLAW is fine compared to the SR because it's at least top attack as well as fire and forget, run like hell and don't look back like Javelin.   Spike is guided all the way to the target and you have to stand there to guide it up to just over 1km which to me is a disadvantage because of return fire.  Over a kilometer and being able to top attack, you can hide behind terrain and pop tanks with Spike LR.  You don't need a visual lock on like with Javelin, so they can really compliment each other that way.

Full Spike Family for reference:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQHhduHTfgw

For comparison, this is the entire Spike family.
View Quote

All Spike missiles are fire and forget. Every last one. The LR is the same as the MR, but with fire guidance also that can be used to manually steer the missile or to lock on after launch. But you can fire it and forget it too.

NLAW isn’t really guided, it predicts where the target will be and fires too that point. You also need to add some kind of night sight to it after dark. For a rich nation Spike SR makes more sense, IMO, though I’d like to see it with a top attack EFP like NLAW. Javelin versus Spike MR is a wash except that Spike has a day camera too and the same system can fire the LR. Where it gets exciting is ER and NLOS. I think NLOS in place of Excalibur for light units would have been smart. Two guys in a JLTV can fire ten missiles, replacing, for certain mission sets, a howitzer with a large crew.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:37:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By mancow:

I would hope we are able to discriminate.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mancow:
Originally Posted By cryo_tech:
Doesn't a no fly zone hurt Ukraine? They can't use bayraktars in a no fly zone.

Granted no more fat Russians bombing cities, but it would hurt their ability to kill Ivan's arty and such?

I would hope we are able to discriminate.

A no-fly zone is a no-fly zone. The only way to get anyone (other than UKR) on board is to say it's for humanitarian purposes. If we're going to shoot down Russian aircraft and not anyone else's, we may as well declare war on Russia.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:37:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By TONTO44:
Would the Russian gas pipelines, that go through Ukraine to Europe, be legitimate targets for Ukraine?

I saw this tweet:

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:38:21 AM EDT
[#9]

I saw this tweet:

View Quote

Not if you blow them up
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:39:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Doesn't a no fly zone hurt Ukraine? They can't use bayraktars in a no fly zone.

Granted no more fat Russians bombing cities, but it would hurt their ability to kill Ivan's arty and such?
View Quote
I don't see any reason why NATO couldn't enforce a no fly zone any way they see fit. Why make this a fair fight it should be a fight to defeat an invasion.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:39:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By CS223:
Not sure exactly what this means buts it appears to be something related to Russians sucking pig cock?

https://t.me/operativnoZSU/13450

View Quote

Not russians but Kadyrov and his goblins.
In couple videos Ukranians used lard to grease the ammo before engaging chechens.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:39:31 AM EDT
[#12]
War footage of Russian T-72B firing at Ukrainian position multiple times in Volnovakha.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:39:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Dracster:

His black belt was revoked so it doesn't count anymore.
View Quote

Lmao saw that when googling his rank.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:39:47 AM EDT
[#14]

I saw this tweet:

View Quote

That would have the opposite effect to what you seek.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:40:32 AM EDT
[#15]

I saw this tweet:

View Quote

Removing Europe’s gas supply would be a great way to lose support from those countries that depend on it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:43:21 AM EDT
[#16]

Don’t forget that Putin is a Judo master. I’m pretty sure even at 70 he can use that to his advantage.
View Quote

I'm sure Putin's legendary Judo skills are about as good as his legendary hockey skills

Russian President Vladimir Putin Scores 8 Goals in Exhibition Hockey Game

Just look at him out score the top tier professional players
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:43:53 AM EDT
[#17]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEzS58sX_OI
View Quote

Man was really hoping for that T-72 to get hit with a MANPAD at the end.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:44:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By tyrex13:

What is the frequency?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tyrex13:
Originally Posted By K0UA:

And the fact that they are using HF radio without any kind of encryption is just insane to me. Even having armored vehicles on an HF net let alone strategic bombers just blows my Electronics technician mind. This stuff is so 1940-1950ish it is crazy.

For those that want to listen in to to this frequency, keep in mind that we here in the US would not likely have propagation unless the entire path is in darkness due to the D layer absorption during daylight hours. An hour or so into day on each end could be a possibility, but not much more. If you log in to SDR (Software Defined Radio's) on the internet that are closer (Europe) to the area of operation, you results would likely be much better. Of course East coast stations would have a lot better chance if trying to receive this frequency directly because of one less Ionospheric hop than say myself here in Missouri. Receivers on the west coast have almost no chance.

The times I have tried to listen in on the Kiwi SDR network and find receivers in the theatre, they always seem to be so busy.  I suspect a lot of people are trying to listen in all of the time.

James K0UA

What is the frequency?

5833 kHz I believe.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:44:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Tboy:

I can see with continued intelligence support and getting the locals up to speed on guerilla warfare, the Russian offense will stall with no reasonable way to provide an effective supply chain.  Every Ukrainian I've met wants Russians dead so they'll be highly motivated once organized and properly led.  There are plenty of guys around me sitting on their hands waiting while many others are fleeing here so I hope once they see a shift in the momentum, they'll train up and return home to finish off the Russians.  Wishful thinking but they keep surprising me.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Tboy:
Originally Posted By sq40:

I’m finding the guerrilla warfare with modern portable missiles and NODs highly effective against a conventional force.  We had to deal with various versions of it from Vietnam to Afghanistan, but not with the sophisticated technology the Ukrainians are employing.   Seeing irregulars as fast moving militias wrecking superior forces has been incredible.

I can see with continued intelligence support and getting the locals up to speed on guerilla warfare, the Russian offense will stall with no reasonable way to provide an effective supply chain.  Every Ukrainian I've met wants Russians dead so they'll be highly motivated once organized and properly led.  There are plenty of guys around me sitting on their hands waiting while many others are fleeing here so I hope once they see a shift in the momentum, they'll train up and return home to finish off the Russians.  Wishful thinking but they keep surprising me.

That’s inspiring.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:45:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By PurpleOtter:
Maybe it's time they pulled that box the out of storage and assembled that "parts kit" they've been holding onto.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PurpleOtter:
Originally Posted By SheltiePimp:

Considering how much money Japan gives to the UN, they should be able to have a say in who is on and off the security council, and have a permeant seat.
Maybe it's time they pulled that box the out of storage and assembled that "parts kit" they've been holding onto.

I'd support that!  

I think Japan has about 300-400 of the fast assembly kits in "storage"...  Time to tighten a few bolts and show them off as a reminder to those who might want to fuck around...
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:46:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PurpleOtter] [#21]
Updated list:

List of killed/captured Russian officers, March 14

• Major General Andrei Sukhovetsky, Deputy Commander, 41st Combined Arms Army, Central Military District (killed Feb 28)
  • Major General Vitaly Gerasimov, Chief of Staff , 41st Combined Arms Army, Central Military District (killed Mar 8)
  • Major General Andrei Kolesnikov, Commander, 29th Combined Arms Army, Eastern Military District (killed Mar 11)
  • Chechen general Magomed Tushayev, 141st Rosgvardia Chechen Guard (disputed Mar 1)
  • Colonel Serhiy Trofimov, Head the missile forces and artillery of 41st Combined Arms Army, Central Military District (heavily wounded Mar 8)
  • Colonel Viktor Isaykin (killed Mar 2)
  • Colonel Konstantin Ogiy, Head of Kemerovo SOBR unit (killed Feb 28)
  • Colonel Konstantin Zizevski, 247th Guards Air Assault Regiment (killed Mar 5)
  • Colonel Sergey Karasev, Commander, 31st Guards Air Assault Brigade (Ulyanovsk) (Killed Mar 11)
  • Colonel Yuri Agrakov, Commander, 104th VDV Regiment, 76th Guards Airborne Division. (killed Mar 8)
  • Colonel Andrei Zakharov, Battalion-tactical group Commander, 6th Tank Regiment (Chebarkul) , 90th Tank division (killed Mar 10) (given Order of Courage in 2016)
  • Lieutenant Colonel Dmitry Sofronov, Commander of the 61st Separate Marine Brigade of the Russian Armed Forces, (killed Mar 5)
  • Lieutenant Colonel Denis Glebov, Deputy Commander of the 11th Separate Airborne Assault Brigade (killed Mar 5, given Order of Courage)
  • Lieutenant Colonel Okruzhnov Alexander Nikolaevich, head of artillery, 104th VDV Regiment, 76th Airborne Division (killed Mar 7)
  • Lieutenant Colonel Alexey Narzullaevich Khasanov, deputy commander, 31st Guards Fighter Aviation Regiment (pilot, Su-30SM, killed Mar 5)
  • Vladimir Zhoga, warlord, Sparta Battalion (Lt Col equivalent?) (killed Mar 5)
  • Major Andrei Petrovich Burlakov, Deputy Chief of Staff of the Russian Secret Service, Chief of Intelligence of Regiment, Rosgvardia (killed Mar 10)
  • Major Ruslan Leonov, Spetsnaz company commander (killed Mar 10)
  • Major Alexei Ilnitsky, deputy battalion commander, VDV 11th Air Assault Brigade (Ulan-Ude) (killed, given Order of Courage)
  • Major Bezborodov Dmitry Valeryevich, Rosgvardiya battalion commander (killed)
  • Captain Maklagin Vyacheslav Vyacheslavovich (killed Feb 25, given Order of Courage)
  • Captain Aleksey Aleksandrovich Chuchmanov, GRU/GU 3rd SpetsNaz Brigade (Tolyatti) (killed Mar 3, 2022)
  • Captain Yevgeny Ivanov, platoon commander, Russian 247th Guards Assault Caucasian Cossack Regiment (killed)
  • Captain Sergei Aleksandrovich Visyach (killed)
  • Captain Alexey Glushchak, GRU intelligence officer (killed, given Order of Courage)
  • Senior Lieutenant Alexei Aleshko, Military Intelligence Officer (killed Mar 10)
  • Senior Lieutenant Andrei Shamko, VDV, GRU/GU 2nd Spetsnaz Brigade (Pskov) (killed)
  • Senior Lieutenant Nurmagomed Gadzhimagomedov, company commander, 247th Guards Air Assault Regiment (killed, given Hero of Russia)
  • Senior Lieutenant Nikolai Shumitsky, Tank Company Commander, 81st Tank Battalion, 42nd Motorized Rifle Division (killed, given Order of Courage)
  • Senior Lieutenant Sergey Dorokhov, Rosgvardia SOBR team member (Vologda) (killed)
  • Lieutenant Georgy Alexandrovich Dudorov, Deputy Commander, Military-Political Affairs, Recon company, 137th Airborne Regiment, 106th VDV Airborne Division (Tula) (killed March 6)
  • Lieutenant Vitaly Olegovich Golub , Platoon Commander, 20th Guards Motorized Rifle Division, 8th Guards Combined Arms Army (Volgograd) (killed, given Order of Courage)
  • Lieutenant Dmitry Chernyshev, VDV 247th Air Assault Regiment (killed, given Order of Courage)
  • Lieutenant Daniil Dmitreievich Kurin, Reconnaissance Platoon Commander, 34th Mountain Motorized Rifle Brigade (killed, March 3)
  • Lieutenant Colonel, 247th Guards Air Assault Regiment 47th Bomber Aviation Regiment, 105th Guards Mixed Aviation Division (Pilot, Su-34, captured)
  • Lieutenant Colonel Krishtop Maxim Sergeevich, (Pilot , Su-30, captured)
  • Lieutenant Colonel Astakhov Dmitry Mikhailovich, Rosgvardia (captured)
  • Major Schetkin Leonid Petrovich, Commander and chief of staff, 35th Motorized Rifle Brigade, 41st Combined Arms Army (captured Feb 26)
From this reddit thread:

List of killed/captured Russian officers, March 14

Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:46:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#22]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

All Spike missiles are fire and forget. Every last one. The LR is the same as the MR, but with fire guidance also that can be used to manually steer the missile or to lock on after launch. But you can fire it and forget it too.

NLAW isn’t really guided, it predicts where the target will be and fires too that point. You also need to add some kind of night sight to it after dark. For a rich nation Spike SR makes more sense, IMO, though I’d like to see it with a top attack EFP like NLAW. Javelin versus Spike MR is a wash except that Spike has a day camera too and the same system can fire the LR. Where it gets exciting is ER and NLOS. I think NLOS in place of Excalibur for light units would have been smart. Two guys in a JLTV can fire ten missiles, replacing, for certain mission sets, a howitzer with a large crew.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

I think the Spike LR was a better system, it can do the top attack, and you could guide the missile into the commanders open hatch on a tank if you wanted to.   The range I think was 4km or more and it was a little larger than Javelin.  So either way, both are great weapons for what you want to use them for, but for now I think the NLAW is fine compared to the SR because it's at least top attack as well as fire and forget, run like hell and don't look back like Javelin.   Spike is guided all the way to the target and you have to stand there to guide it up to just over 1km which to me is a disadvantage because of return fire.  Over a kilometer and being able to top attack, you can hide behind terrain and pop tanks with Spike LR.  You don't need a visual lock on like with Javelin, so they can really compliment each other that way.

Full Spike Family for reference:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQHhduHTfgw

For comparison, this is the entire Spike family.

I agree, you are correct about the fire and forget and other points.   When I used the Spike LR in the simulators, it was actually just too tantalizing to make sure I made hits where I wanted to on the enemy tanks, making the small adjustments at the last moments.  I complained to the Rafael team that it should not be so much fun to destroy enemy armor.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:46:36 AM EDT
[#23]

I saw this tweet:

View Quote

The second the flow stops is the second russia goes belly up due to lack of funds.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:46:46 AM EDT
[#24]
View Quote
Needs more Javelin
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:46:52 AM EDT
[#25]

The staging area of Ukrainian farmer markets.

Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:48:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:
Wow there was a mod airstrike up in here
What the hell did I miss?
View Quote

I think it was a MOD version of an MLRS strike.  I didn't see what the comments were, but I guess they were purse swinging or straying off topic too far...
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:48:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Considering Putin is former KGB, I doubt Elon would fare well in single combat.

No doubt he has some very dirty tricks up his sleeve.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:48:48 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By guns762:

If you would like to discuss the azov battalion and their beliefs please start a new thread
View Quote

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Ukraine-Before-the-invasion-there-was-this/5-2537315/
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:49:03 AM EDT
[#29]

If you would like to discuss the azov battalion and their beliefs please start a new thread
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MrM1A1:

Right?

The fuck I do? Lol.

Thank you!
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:49:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:49:32 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:51:07 AM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes

You have to wait 'til the ammo explodes to hit it with a MANPADs.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:51:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Hking:

I'm sure Putin's legendary Judo skills are about as good as his legendary hockey skills

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMsbxtojz6M

View All Quotes

Don’t forget that Putin is a Judo master. I’m pretty sure even at 70 he can use that to his advantage.

Kid from make a wish foundation gets tackled
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:51:40 AM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

That boy good!
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:52:11 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By HecklerKoch_USP:
Considering Putin is former KGB, I doubt Elon would fare well in single combat.

No doubt he has some very dirty tricks up his sleeve.
View Quote

Putin was a bureaucrat. He pushed papers as a job but loves the idea people who don’t know any better assume all KGB agents were secret assassins.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:52:48 AM EDT
[#36]
View Quote
They ain't getting those out anytime soon. Do they have thermite grenades?
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:53:07 AM EDT
[#37]
This is going to play well on the international stage.

As Russia ramps up its assault on Ukraine, some pundits on Russian state television have advocated implementing hangings by court-martial in the country if Russia is successful in establishing control.
View Quote

Russian TV Calls for Hangings of Ukrainians in Occupied Cities
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:53:29 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By polishkebasa:

Against the ERA on the side skirts probably not , against he bare hull/sides it is in the realm of possibility.

The t72 hull should be around 80mm of RHA, apds 30x165mm has some where around 45mm of penetration at 100 meters against an 60 degree slope so I'm unsure about it's performance against a flat side.
View Quote
Has there been any footage or evidence in this whole ordeal of t72's effectively using their reactive armor?
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:53:55 AM EDT
[#39]

I've been out of town for a bit now and haven't checked this thread in a while. What ever happened with the Ghost of Kiev? I thought I saw he was confirmed to be a reserve pilot or something in the Ukrainian airforce. Is he still alive and flying or was he shot down?

Thx
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:54:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By GTLandser:

Call me picky, but if I have a choice between one ATGM with 1500m range and another with ~4000m range, I want every inch of that extra stand-off distance between me and the enemy tank.

A tank can shoot me, hose down the area with coax, sic some of his BMP buddies on me, or just pick up a radio and call for arty. If he was feeling really sporty and survived after my shot, he could probably smush me by driving over in 10-15 minutes or less. I don't think a crappy Russian tank has to estimate any holdover with his gunner's sight at that range, that's just a lay on target kind thing.

I know Russian tank's have not been performing well lately, but 1500-2500m of extra distance between me and him sounds nice. 😬
View Quote

I agree depending on the terrain, but there is something to be said for an ATGM that can be booted up, targeted, locked, and fired in the shortest time if you are dealing with sightlines under 600meters and/or obstacles and buildings in the area.  

My understanding is the NLAW is almost instant on, but the Javelins require time to boot, cool the seeker head and then has a limited time frame before you need to change the battery.

Different tools for different jobs I guess.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:54:56 AM EDT
[#41]

I agree, you are correct about the fire and forget and other points.   When I used the Spike LR in the simulators, it was actually just too tantalizing to make sure I made hits where I wanted to on the enemy tanks, making the small adjustments at the last moments.  I complained to the Rafael team that it should not be so much fun to destroy enemy armor.
View Quote

It’s a really slick setup. The SR and NLOS in particular.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:55:42 AM EDT
[#42]
View Quote
Damn. That guy really needed to have an NLAW or Javelin.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:56:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By ludder093:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ludder093:
Would you trust a Russian conscript with those?

Besides, all they have to do is dump their vodka in the commander's hatch and light it - but that would mean losing the vodka.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:57:14 AM EDT
[#44]

I’m finding the guerrilla warfare with modern portable missiles and NODs highly effective against a conventional force.  We had to deal with various versions of it from Vietnam to Afghanistan, but not with the sophisticated technology the Ukrainians are employing.   Seeing irregulars as fast moving militias wrecking superior forces has been incredible.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BobRoberts:
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

Ukraine does not win without going on offense. Defense, retreat, getting encircled, defense, is a losing game.

Ukraine wins this by husbanding their forces and forcing the Russian timeline further to right. They don’t have the ability to do more than local counter attacks. The Russians still have a huge firepower advantage, attempting an offense against that will just give the Russians the concentration needed to destroy them quickly.

We need to send them a shit ton of those fast dune buggy's with the squad weapon on the back and a bunch of ATGMS and let this guys shoot and scoot all night with NODS and raise holy hell.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:57:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SoCalExile] [#45]
Originally Posted By 4thbreak:
Has there been any footage or evidence in this whole ordeal of t72's effectively using their reactive armor?
View Quote
All modern ATGMs from the TOW-2A on up have tandem warheads. ERA is really just like a paratrooper's reserve chute on a combat jump at this point.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:58:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: hondaciv] [#46]
View Quote

Yeah, pretty sure.  There's been lots of videos of tanks getting hit and continue moving.  Or get hit and they don't burn immediately.  The videos don't last long enough usually to determine outcome.  There's been a couple instances where they get hit, continue to move and then catch like a sparkler a few seconds later.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:58:43 AM EDT
[#47]
View Quote

Yes, in the video taken by drone of the NLAW initiated near ambush on the road, the second T-72 takes a frontal hit immediately after firing its main gun.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 12:00:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By nickmemphis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw45hr4V-co
View All Quotes
An ingot of pure 24kt 3 nine fine gold the size of an ordinary brick or so, weighs nearly 75 imperial pounds. Back when they used to have public tours at Ft. Knox when it still had real gold in it they used to tell tourists they could have a bar tax free if they were able to pick it up with one hand using only their fingers.

There is no gold in Ft Knox, they used it all to pay for the Apollo program and when it failed they had to go to deficit spending to cover the costs of Stanley Kubrick's work on faking the videos and images. That is why we dropped the gold standard int he 70's.  By then, the Jews in Hollywood were the only ones with the gold.  True story!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw45hr4V-co

I've been saying for years, if you want to learn the real truth on global issues, skip the MSM and go straight to the Simpsons, Family Guy, and South Park.  They always get it right.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 12:01:26 PM EDT
[#49]

I saw this tweet:

View Quote

Only if you want to piss off the European countries that are helping you right now. Gas isn't going to Russia, it's going from Russia to European countries.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 12:02:39 PM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes

That APC at the end really had a bad day from that 30mm cannon.

There were a couple close range 25mm T-72 kills claimed by Bradleys in Desert Storm, presumably with tungsten APDS-T.  Turret ring?  Abandoned vehicle?  I don't recall if anybody ever fully detailed the claims.
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1071 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top