Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1072 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/14/2022 12:03:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Zhukov:
BBC Headline: "Ukraine war: Pregnant woman and baby die after hospital shelled"

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/976/cpsprodpb/4D55/production/_123679791_hi074473839-976x549.jpg

The Russians sure are de-Nazifying the shit out of Ukraine.
View Quote

The Russians said that she wasn't pregnant and was wearing make up to look injured.

They are going to double down and say she is not even dead.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 12:03:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By M-1975:
View Quote

I liked the footage of them shooting at the dismounts legs from under the BMP. Brutal but nice to see the Orcs getting aired out.

FRF F VP
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 12:05:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By outofbattery:

Putin was a bureaucrat. He pushed papers as a job but loves the idea people who don’t know any better assume all KGB agents were secret assassins.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By outofbattery:
Originally Posted By HecklerKoch_USP:
Considering Putin is former KGB, I doubt Elon would fare well in single combat.

No doubt he has some very dirty tricks up his sleeve.

Putin was a bureaucrat. He pushed papers as a job but loves the idea people who don’t know any better assume all KGB agents were secret assassins.

In other words, he's no Abuzer Ugerlu.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 12:08:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By walkinginadangerzone:

Only if you want to piss off the European countries that are helping you right now. Gas isn't going to Russia, it's going from Russia to European countries.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By walkinginadangerzone:
Originally Posted By TONTO44:
Would the Russian gas pipelines, that go through Ukraine to Europe, be legitimate targets for Ukraine?

I saw this tweet:

Only if you want to piss off the European countries that are helping you right now. Gas isn't going to Russia, it's going from Russia to European countries.

I agree.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 12:08:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Greyswandir:

I've been out of town for a bit now and haven't checked this thread in a while. What ever happened with the Ghost of Kiev? I thought I saw he was confirmed to be a reserve pilot or something in the Ukrainian airforce. Is he still alive and flying or was he shot down?

Thx
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Greyswandir:

I've been out of town for a bit now and haven't checked this thread in a while. What ever happened with the Ghost of Kiev? I thought I saw he was confirmed to be a reserve pilot or something in the Ukrainian airforce. Is he still alive and flying or was he shot down?

Thx

https://nypost.com/2022/03/11/ukrainian-military-warns-ghost-of-kyiv-is-coming-for-russias-soul/

Ukraine’s armed forces warned Russia Friday that the possibly mythical fighter pilot dubbed the Ghost of Kyiv is “coming for your soul.”

The country’s general staff posted a photo on its Facebook page showing the purported pilot wearing a black visor and oxygen mask in the cockpit of his MiG-29 fighter jet.

“‘Hello, Russian villain, I’m coming for your soul!’ – the Ghost of Kyiv,” the threatening post said.

The pilot in the photo can be seen pointing out the missiles on his Soviet-designed jet.

Rumors about the Ghost of Kyiv have gone viral on social media almost from the moment the Russian invasion began on Feb. 24.

One story claimed the Ghost had supposedly downed as many as six Russian planes on the first day of combat.

Ukrainian officials have not confirmed whether the Ghost is real — or just an urban legend.

Regardless, the pilot has become a folk hero amid the bloodshed and the term has been adopted to refer to the entire Ukrainian air force.

The Ghost threat from the armed forces came after Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky begged NATO and its allies once again to enforce a no-fly zone amid the constant Russian bombing attacks.

US lawmakers warned earlier this week that any such move would put American forces in direct contact with Russian troops and potentially instigate World War III.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 12:08:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By cryo_tech:

Not if you blow them up
View Quote

That would piss off the European nations that Ukraine needs to support them.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 12:08:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By ludder093:
They ain't getting those out anytime soon. Do they have thermite grenades?
View All Quotes

Charges from the ERA in the breach of the gun?
If they left the ammo, you could also use the same charges to brew it up and pop the top?

A well equipped farmer could probably unfuck them given time though.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 12:10:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By hondaciv:

Yeah, pretty sure.  There's been lots of videos of tanks getting hit and continue moving.  Or get hit and they don't burn immediately.  The videos don't last long enough usually to determine outcome.  There's been a couple instances where they get hit, continue to move and then catch like a sparkler a few seconds later.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By hondaciv:
Originally Posted By 4thbreak:
Has there been any footage or evidence in this whole ordeal of t72's effectively using their reactive armor?

Yeah, pretty sure.  There's been lots of videos of tanks getting hit and continue moving.  Or get hit and they don't burn immediately.  The videos don't last long enough usually to determine outcome.  There's been a couple instances where they get hit, continue to move and then catch like a sparkler a few seconds later.

That whole "Continue Moving" thing is a little misleading...
They do that when the crew is strawberry jam too
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 12:13:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 12:15:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By CurseOfKatyn:

The Russians said that she wasn't pregnant and was wearing make up to look injured.

View All Quotes

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/976/cpsprodpb/4D55/production/_123679791_hi074473839-976x549.jpg

Different chick. The other chick gave birth to her daughter a few days ago.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 12:17:56 PM EDT
[#11]

View All Quotes

They would never do that.  They would just say the baby's father was Adolf Hilter and leave it at that.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 12:18:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By sq40:

India should be careful, their call centers and H1Bs are going to get their shit pushed in.
View Quote
Yeah, staffing our hi-tech centers and companies with nationals from a hostile power seems so like a great idea
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 12:19:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:
Wow there was a mod airstrike up in here
What the hell did I miss?
View Quote

GN-762 Grad  MLRS strike  all up in hurr

Link Posted: 3/14/2022 12:19:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: trapsh00ter99] [#14]
Deleted
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 12:20:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By mnd6563:

There is no gold in Ft Knox, they used it all to pay for the Apollo program and when it failed they had to go to deficit spending to cover the costs of Stanley Kubrick's work on faking the videos and images. That is why we dropped the gold standard int he 70's.  By then, the Jews in Hollywood were the only ones with the gold.  True story!
View Quote

@guns762 How did this not get deleted????
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 12:21:52 PM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

Now they are just reading fucked up comments about her on Twitter on their news stations.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 12:24:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Mal_means_bad:
There were a couple close range 25mm T-72 kills claimed by Bradleys in Desert Storm, presumably with tungsten APDS-T.  Turret ring?  Abandoned vehicle?  I don't recall if anybody ever fully detailed the claims.
View Quote

APDS shouldn’t be useful against anything but the rear of the tank, while M919 in theory can penetrate from the side in the rear. I can’t find a source that definitively answers whether M919 was used—but it was in the system since 1989.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 12:24:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Damn. That guy really needed to have an NLAW or Javelin.
View All Quotes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEzS58sX_OI
Damn. That guy really needed to have an NLAW or Javelin.

Pretty sure that guy was Russian. Looked like a red armband and those orange stripes on their cammies.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 12:25:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PurpleOtter] [#19]
Stop the planet, I want to get off.

Ramzan Kadyrov, the strongman leader of Chechnya, plotted to kidnap children from an orphanage near Kyiv, an adviser to Ukraine's interior ministry has claimed. Anton Gerashchenko shared a clip on Telegram on Monday that he said shows a video of Kadyrov's special forces discussing a failed plan to abduct the children. The clip appeared as reports circulated that Kadyrov was with Russian forces in Ukraine. It was not immediately clear who recorded the footage, nor why it was leaked.
View Quote

Chechen Leader Kadyrov Plotted to Kidnap Ukrainian ChildrenReport

Link Posted: 3/14/2022 12:26:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Element94:

View All Quotes

There is no gold in Ft Knox, they used it all to pay for the Apollo program and when it failed they had to go to deficit spending to cover the costs of Stanley Kubrick's work on faking the videos and images. That is why we dropped the gold standard int he 70's.  By then, the Jews in Hollywood were the only ones with the gold.  True story!

It’s a little known fact that after the government concluded a moon landing was impossible they gave a Hollywood director an unlimited budget to fake it and he insisted on filming on location.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 12:27:14 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

Because Guns is part of the illuminati Trilateral commission ops trying to BURY the REAL TRUTH!!!
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 12:29:09 PM EDT
[#22]

That would be an awesome T-shirt.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 12:34:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

It’s a really slick setup. The SR and NLOS in particular.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

I agree, you are correct about the fire and forget and other points.   When I used the Spike LR in the simulators, it was actually just too tantalizing to make sure I made hits where I wanted to on the enemy tanks, making the small adjustments at the last moments.  I complained to the Rafael team that it should not be so much fun to destroy enemy armor.

It’s a really slick setup. The SR and NLOS in particular.

I love the NLOS lol, one truck launching those and being able to knock out anything within 20 miles of you is incredible.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 12:34:29 PM EDT
[#24]
View Quote
Was that a turret launch? if so that might be a record setter.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 12:34:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Has there been any footage or evidence in this whole ordeal of t72's effectively using their reactive armor?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By polishkebasa:

Against the ERA on the side skirts probably not , against he bare hull/sides it is in the realm of possibility.

The t72 hull should be around 80mm of RHA, apds 30x165mm has some where around 45mm of penetration at 100 meters against an 60 degree slope so I'm unsure about it's performance against a flat side.

Most of them show the skirts hanging loose or missing.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 12:35:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 12:36:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By PurpleOtter:
Stop the planet, I want to get off.

Chechen Leader Kadyrov Plotted to Kidnap Ukrainian ChildrenReport

View Quote

Doesn't surprise me. Those Chechens allied with Putin are scumbags.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 12:37:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Torqued:

https://nypost.com/2022/03/11/ukrainian-military-warns-ghost-of-kyiv-is-coming-for-russias-soul/

Ukraine’s armed forces warned Russia Friday that the possibly mythical fighter pilot dubbed the Ghost of Kyiv is “coming for your soul.”

The country’s general staff posted a photo on its Facebook page showing the purported pilot wearing a black visor and oxygen mask in the cockpit of his MiG-29 fighter jet.

“‘Hello, Russian villain, I’m coming for your soul!’ – the Ghost of Kyiv,” the threatening post said.

The pilot in the photo can be seen pointing out the missiles on his Soviet-designed jet.

Rumors about the Ghost of Kyiv have gone viral on social media almost from the moment the Russian invasion began on Feb. 24.

One story claimed the Ghost had supposedly downed as many as six Russian planes on the first day of combat.

Ukrainian officials have not confirmed whether the Ghost is real — or just an urban legend.

Regardless, the pilot has become a folk hero amid the bloodshed and the term has been adopted to refer to the entire Ukrainian air force.

The Ghost threat from the armed forces came after Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky begged NATO and its allies once again to enforce a no-fly zone amid the constant Russian bombing attacks.

US lawmakers warned earlier this week that any such move would put American forces in direct contact with Russian troops and potentially instigate World War III.
View Quote

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 12:38:51 PM EDT
[#29]

APDS shouldn’t be useful against anything but the rear of the tank, while M919 in theory can penetrate from the side in the rear. I can’t find a source that definitively answers whether M919 was used—but it was in the system since 1989.
View All Quotes
There were a couple close range 25mm T-72 kills claimed by Bradleys in Desert Storm, presumably with tungsten APDS-T.  Turret ring?  Abandoned vehicle?  I don't recall if anybody ever fully detailed the claims.

Found a reference to a report by the Center for Army Lessons Learned that said survey results showed that Marines with the 25mm reported being unable to kill MBTs while Soldiers reported using the 25mm against MBTs with success. CALL said that the former used tungsten and the latter DU. So there’s the difference right there.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 12:40:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 12:40:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By tyrex13:

What is the frequency?
View Quote

The frequency that was posted by another poster was 5833 Khz Upper Side Band (USB does not mean Universal Serial Bus in this case :) )
for the Russian strategic bombers launching Air Launched Cruise Missles
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 12:41:23 PM EDT
[#32]
The realization that famine is a real possibility without a Ukraine wheat harvest this year. Some of the grain importers at the UN seem to have shifted to putting pressure on Ukraine to capitulate to Russia.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 12:42:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By CZ75_9MM:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CZ75_9MM:

The top pops off when the crew is cooked to the correct temperature.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 12:42:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Torqued:

View Quote

Call me skeptical. People need their heroes, and enemy pilots need fear.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 12:42:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Theodoric] [#35]
View Quote
Not sure if it's the same dude, but another Slovakian guy that ran a Russian front conspiracy site got caught on tape.

Tibor Eliot Rostas, editor-in-chief of Zem a vek, a well-known conspiracy magazine, was exposed trying to cultivate ties with RT and the Russian state-owned news agency Sputnik, when a leaked recording of him asking the Russian embassy in Slovakia for money to finance a disinformation campaign started circulating online. Rostas was heard inquiring whether Russia was interested in "supporting Slovak people or media who'd be informing readers".

Hlavne spravy and Zem a vek did not respond to BIRN's request for comment.  It remains unclear whether the likes of Palcev or Rostas live off financial support from Moscow. "This requires direct evidence, and that's very hard to come by," information security expert Tomas Krissak explains. "But if intelligence services were to find out that they had above-standard relationships with Russia or its embassy and that they were relaying Russian propaganda in Slovakia as Russian citizens, then the answer is clear  they are foreign agents."
-
In Czechia, an international edition of Sputnik has been airing conspiracy theories of the preposterous sort, for example, accusing Ukraine of developing a special serum that makes its soldiers walking zombies which cannot be killed even when shot in the head.

Link

Link Posted: 3/14/2022 12:43:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Dracster:

Yep. No-Fly is no-fly for all.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dracster:
Originally Posted By cryo_tech:
Doesn't a no fly zone hurt Ukraine? They can't use bayraktars in a no fly zone.

Granted no more fat Russians bombing cities, but it would hurt their ability to kill Ivan's arty and such?

Yep. No-Fly is no-fly for all.
If it includes UAVs, then it should include guided missiles and anything flying in the air like artillery
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 12:43:35 PM EDT
[#37]

If they left the ammo, you could also use the same charges to brew it up and pop the top?

View All Quotes

Challenge accepted

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 12:44:34 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

Gonna take bigger tractors than what I've seen in ukr to drag those out.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 12:44:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By SilverBearX:
The realization that famine is a real possibility without a Ukraine wheat harvest this year. Some of the grain importers at the UN seem to have shifted to putting pressure on Ukraine to capitulate to Russia.
View Quote

PARIS/HAMBURG (Reuters) - Russia may suspend exports of wheat, barley, maize (corn) and rye starting from Tuesday until June 30, the Interfax news agency reported on Monday, citing the agriculture ministry.

Russia is the world's largest wheat exporter with Egypt and Turkey among the main buyers. It competes mainly with the European Union and Ukraine.

"The agriculture ministry and the trade ministry have prepared a draft government decree that would introduce a temporary ban on exports of the main grains from Russia from March 15 to June 30," Interfax quoted the agriculture ministry as saying....

Russian wheat exports are down by 45% since the start of the current July-June marketing season because of a smaller crop and grain export taxes as well as export quotas which Moscow has been using since 2021 as part of measures to stabilise domestic food inflation.

A key factor will be whether Russia will allow previous sales to be exported, traders said.

"This could be disastrous news for importers like Egypt, Saudi Arabia and Algeria who have booked large volumes of Russian wheat. The Asian importers would also be hit," one trader said.

Last week, the economy ministry said that Russia would suspend grain exports to neighbouring ex-Soviet countries until the end of August to further strengthen its food security.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 12:45:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ERNURSE] [#40]
I was originally trained as a Dragon Gunner, that was a suicide jockey weapon if I ever saw one, short range, big signature, and wire guided so u had to stay on it. Was never so glad to be switched to an m60 in my life.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 12:46:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

From side and rear is a kill possible, front maybe a mission kill if they hit optics or the main gun.

But it would be stupid to try one on one, the T-72 can engage a BTR-4 at 4km.

View All Quotes

Can that 30mm cannon have any significant effect on a T-72bm?

From side and rear is a kill possible, front maybe a mission kill if they hit optics or the main gun.

The Apache has a 30mm...wait for it....Chaingun...which should punch holes in the top armor
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 12:46:58 PM EDT
[#42]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By polishkebasa:
Originally Posted By JamesP81:

That APC at the end really had a bad day from that 30mm cannon.

Against the ERA on the side skirts probably not , against he bare hull/sides it is in the realm of possibility.

The t72 hull should be around 80mm of RHA, apds 30x165mm has some where around 45mm of penetration at 100 meters against an 60 degree slope so I'm unsure about it's performance against a flat side.

McMaster in Gulf War, Battle of 73 Easting ?

Link Posted: 3/14/2022 12:48:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Updated list:

List of killed/captured Russian officers, March 14

• Major General Andrei Sukhovetsky, Deputy Commander, 41st Combined Arms Army, Central Military District (killed Feb 28)
  • Major General Vitaly Gerasimov, Chief of Staff , 41st Combined Arms Army, Central Military District (killed Mar 8)
  • Major General Andrei Kolesnikov, Commander, 29th Combined Arms Army, Eastern Military District (killed Mar 11)
  • Chechen general Magomed Tushayev, 141st Rosgvardia Chechen Guard (disputed Mar 1)
  • Colonel Serhiy Trofimov, Head the missile forces and artillery of 41st Combined Arms Army, Central Military District (heavily wounded Mar 8)
  • Colonel Viktor Isaykin (killed Mar 2)
  • Colonel Konstantin Ogiy, Head of Kemerovo SOBR unit (killed Feb 28)
  • Colonel Konstantin Zizevski, 247th Guards Air Assault Regiment (killed Mar 5)
  • Colonel Sergey Karasev, Commander, 31st Guards Air Assault Brigade (Ulyanovsk) (Killed Mar 11)
  • Colonel Yuri Agrakov, Commander, 104th VDV Regiment, 76th Guards Airborne Division. (killed Mar 8)
  • Colonel Andrei Zakharov, Battalion-tactical group Commander, 6th Tank Regiment (Chebarkul) , 90th Tank division (killed Mar 10) (given Order of Courage in 2016)
  • Lieutenant Colonel Dmitry Sofronov, Commander of the 61st Separate Marine Brigade of the Russian Armed Forces, (killed Mar 5)
  • Lieutenant Colonel Denis Glebov, Deputy Commander of the 11th Separate Airborne Assault Brigade (killed Mar 5, given Order of Courage)
  • Lieutenant Colonel Okruzhnov Alexander Nikolaevich, head of artillery, 104th VDV Regiment, 76th Airborne Division (killed Mar 7)
  • Lieutenant Colonel Alexey Narzullaevich Khasanov, deputy commander, 31st Guards Fighter Aviation Regiment (pilot, Su-30SM, killed Mar 5)
  • Vladimir Zhoga, warlord, Sparta Battalion (Lt Col equivalent?) (killed Mar 5)
  • Major Andrei Petrovich Burlakov, Deputy Chief of Staff of the Russian Secret Service, Chief of Intelligence of Regiment, Rosgvardia (killed Mar 10)
  • Major Ruslan Leonov, Spetsnaz company commander (killed Mar 10)
  • Major Alexei Ilnitsky, deputy battalion commander, VDV 11th Air Assault Brigade (Ulan-Ude) (killed, given Order of Courage)
  • Major Bezborodov Dmitry Valeryevich, Rosgvardiya battalion commander (killed)
  • Captain Maklagin Vyacheslav Vyacheslavovich (killed Feb 25, given Order of Courage)
  • Captain Aleksey Aleksandrovich Chuchmanov, GRU/GU 3rd SpetsNaz Brigade (Tolyatti) (killed Mar 3, 2022)
  • Captain Yevgeny Ivanov, platoon commander, Russian 247th Guards Assault Caucasian Cossack Regiment (killed)
  • Captain Sergei Aleksandrovich Visyach (killed)
  • Captain Alexey Glushchak, GRU intelligence officer (killed, given Order of Courage)
  • Senior Lieutenant Alexei Aleshko, Military Intelligence Officer (killed Mar 10)
  • Senior Lieutenant Andrei Shamko, VDV, GRU/GU 2nd Spetsnaz Brigade (Pskov) (killed)
  • Senior Lieutenant Nurmagomed Gadzhimagomedov, company commander, 247th Guards Air Assault Regiment (killed, given Hero of Russia)
  • Senior Lieutenant Nikolai Shumitsky, Tank Company Commander, 81st Tank Battalion, 42nd Motorized Rifle Division (killed, given Order of Courage)
  • Senior Lieutenant Sergey Dorokhov, Rosgvardia SOBR team member (Vologda) (killed)
  • Lieutenant Georgy Alexandrovich Dudorov, Deputy Commander, Military-Political Affairs, Recon company, 137th Airborne Regiment, 106th VDV Airborne Division (Tula) (killed March 6)
  • Lieutenant Vitaly Olegovich Golub , Platoon Commander, 20th Guards Motorized Rifle Division, 8th Guards Combined Arms Army (Volgograd) (killed, given Order of Courage)
  • Lieutenant Dmitry Chernyshev, VDV 247th Air Assault Regiment (killed, given Order of Courage)
  • Lieutenant Daniil Dmitreievich Kurin, Reconnaissance Platoon Commander, 34th Mountain Motorized Rifle Brigade (killed, March 3)
  • Lieutenant Colonel, 247th Guards Air Assault Regiment 47th Bomber Aviation Regiment, 105th Guards Mixed Aviation Division (Pilot, Su-34, captured)
  • Lieutenant Colonel Krishtop Maxim Sergeevich, (Pilot , Su-30, captured)
  • Lieutenant Colonel Astakhov Dmitry Mikhailovich, Rosgvardia (captured)
  • Major Schetkin Leonid Petrovich, Commander and chief of staff, 35th Motorized Rifle Brigade, 41st Combined Arms Army (captured Feb 26)
From this reddit thread:

View Quote

I didn't realize it was that many. But I expect each tank and each plane has an officer in it, and a lot of them have been smoked.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 12:50:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Theodoric:
In Czechia, an international edition of Sputnik has been airing conspiracy theories of the preposterous sort, for example, accusing Ukraine of developing a special serum that makes its soldiers walking zombies which cannot be killed even when shot in the head.

View Quote

Russian infantry dude

Link Posted: 3/14/2022 12:51:14 PM EDT
[#45]
View Quote

Was it AR15.com?
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 12:52:19 PM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

In that BTR-4 video, they lit up a tank right before they engaged the BMP + dismounts.  No idea how much damage they did, but they strafed it good.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 12:52:27 PM EDT
[#47]

Russian infantry dude
https://i.imgflip.com/68mmol.jpg

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Theodoric:

Russian infantry dude
https://i.imgflip.com/68mmol.jpg

So C.H.U.D.S. ?
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 12:53:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

I didn't realize it was that many. But I expect each tank and each plane has an officer in it, and a lot of them have been smoked.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stone-age:
Updated list:

• Major General Andrei Sukhovetsky, Deputy Commander, 41st Combined Arms Army, Central Military District (killed Feb 28)
  • Major General Vitaly Gerasimov, Chief of Staff , 41st Combined Arms Army, Central Military District (killed Mar 8)
  • Major General Andrei Kolesnikov, Commander, 29th Combined Arms Army, Eastern Military District (killed Mar 11)
  • Chechen general Magomed Tushayev, 141st Rosgvardia Chechen Guard (disputed Mar 1)
  • Colonel Serhiy Trofimov, Head the missile forces and artillery of 41st Combined Arms Army, Central Military District (heavily wounded Mar 8)
  • Colonel Viktor Isaykin (killed Mar 2)
  • Colonel Konstantin Ogiy, Head of Kemerovo SOBR unit (killed Feb 28)
  • Colonel Konstantin Zizevski, 247th Guards Air Assault Regiment (killed Mar 5)
  • Colonel Sergey Karasev, Commander, 31st Guards Air Assault Brigade (Ulyanovsk) (Killed Mar 11)
  • Colonel Yuri Agrakov, Commander, 104th VDV Regiment, 76th Guards Airborne Division. (killed Mar 8)
  • Colonel Andrei Zakharov, Battalion-tactical group Commander, 6th Tank Regiment (Chebarkul) , 90th Tank division (killed Mar 10) (given Order of Courage in 2016)
  • Lieutenant Colonel Dmitry Sofronov, Commander of the 61st Separate Marine Brigade of the Russian Armed Forces, (killed Mar 5)
  • Lieutenant Colonel Denis Glebov, Deputy Commander of the 11th Separate Airborne Assault Brigade (killed Mar 5, given Order of Courage)
  • Lieutenant Colonel Okruzhnov Alexander Nikolaevich, head of artillery, 104th VDV Regiment, 76th Airborne Division (killed Mar 7)
  • Lieutenant Colonel Alexey Narzullaevich Khasanov, deputy commander, 31st Guards Fighter Aviation Regiment (pilot, Su-30SM, killed Mar 5)
  • Vladimir Zhoga, warlord, Sparta Battalion (Lt Col equivalent?) (killed Mar 5)
  • Major Andrei Petrovich Burlakov, Deputy Chief of Staff of the Russian Secret Service, Chief of Intelligence of Regiment, Rosgvardia (killed Mar 10)
  • Major Ruslan Leonov, Spetsnaz company commander (killed Mar 10)
  • Major Alexei Ilnitsky, deputy battalion commander, VDV 11th Air Assault Brigade (Ulan-Ude) (killed, given Order of Courage)
  • Major Bezborodov Dmitry Valeryevich, Rosgvardiya battalion commander (killed)
  • Captain Maklagin Vyacheslav Vyacheslavovich (killed Feb 25, given Order of Courage)
  • Captain Aleksey Aleksandrovich Chuchmanov, GRU/GU 3rd SpetsNaz Brigade (Tolyatti) (killed Mar 3, 2022)
  • Captain Yevgeny Ivanov, platoon commander, Russian 247th Guards Assault Caucasian Cossack Regiment (killed)
  • Captain Sergei Aleksandrovich Visyach (killed)
  • Captain Alexey Glushchak, GRU intelligence officer (killed, given Order of Courage)
  • Senior Lieutenant Alexei Aleshko, Military Intelligence Officer (killed Mar 10)
  • Senior Lieutenant Andrei Shamko, VDV, GRU/GU 2nd Spetsnaz Brigade (Pskov) (killed)
  • Senior Lieutenant Nurmagomed Gadzhimagomedov, company commander, 247th Guards Air Assault Regiment (killed, given Hero of Russia)
  • Senior Lieutenant Nikolai Shumitsky, Tank Company Commander, 81st Tank Battalion, 42nd Motorized Rifle Division (killed, given Order of Courage)
  • Senior Lieutenant Sergey Dorokhov, Rosgvardia SOBR team member (Vologda) (killed)
  • Lieutenant Georgy Alexandrovich Dudorov, Deputy Commander, Military-Political Affairs, Recon company, 137th Airborne Regiment, 106th VDV Airborne Division (Tula) (killed March 6)
  • Lieutenant Vitaly Olegovich Golub , Platoon Commander, 20th Guards Motorized Rifle Division, 8th Guards Combined Arms Army (Volgograd) (killed, given Order of Courage)
  • Lieutenant Dmitry Chernyshev, VDV 247th Air Assault Regiment (killed, given Order of Courage)
  • Lieutenant Daniil Dmitreievich Kurin, Reconnaissance Platoon Commander, 34th Mountain Motorized Rifle Brigade (killed, March 3)
  • Lieutenant Colonel, 247th Guards Air Assault Regiment 47th Bomber Aviation Regiment, 105th Guards Mixed Aviation Division (Pilot, Su-34, captured)
  • Lieutenant Colonel Krishtop Maxim Sergeevich, (Pilot , Su-30, captured)
  • Lieutenant Colonel Astakhov Dmitry Mikhailovich, Rosgvardia (captured)
  • Major Schetkin Leonid Petrovich, Commander and chief of staff, 35th Motorized Rifle Brigade, 41st Combined Arms Army (captured Feb 26)
From this reddit thread:

correct
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 12:54:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By DeuceGoon:

I watched that entire thing. Absolute horseshit, she makes claims about the 2016 election being rigged by Russians and refuses to criticize Biden for anything.
View Quote
That, and she's kinda trashy. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Throwing a bit of her native language in there at the beginning to beg credibility, the constant fiddling with her hair... etc... I think the crescendo of trashiness had to be when she picked one out of her nose and wiped it... somewhere mysterious, off-camera, only for her guilty paw to come back into view with a bottle of water.

Oh, and that guy she mentioned working with about halfway through? You can tell that she probably did the nasty with him. That particular interview came with a price. You could see it in her eyes. Dirty.

Just dirty enough for the average Arfcommer. Yep.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 12:57:30 PM EDT
[#50]

PARIS/HAMBURG (Reuters) - Russia may suspend exports of wheat, barley, maize (corn) and rye starting from Tuesday until June 30, the Interfax news agency reported on Monday, citing the agriculture ministry.

Russia is the world's largest wheat exporter with Egypt and Turkey among the main buyers. It competes mainly with the European Union and Ukraine.

"The agriculture ministry and the trade ministry have prepared a draft government decree that would introduce a temporary ban on exports of the main grains from Russia from March 15 to June 30," Interfax quoted the agriculture ministry as saying....

Russian wheat exports are down by 45% since the start of the current July-June marketing season because of a smaller crop and grain export taxes as well as export quotas which Moscow has been using since 2021 as part of measures to stabilise domestic food inflation.

A key factor will be whether Russia will allow previous sales to be exported, traders said.

"This could be disastrous news for importers like Egypt, Saudi Arabia and Algeria who have booked large volumes of Russian wheat. The Asian importers would also be hit," one trader said.

Last week, the economy ministry said that Russia would suspend grain exports to neighbouring ex-Soviet countries until the end of August to further strengthen its food security.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SilverBearX:

It will probably be their worst wheat harvest in 55 years.
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1072 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top