Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1073 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/14/2022 12:58:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sq40:

Not striking Russia across the border is a huge PR win for Ukraine though.  All casualties for civilians are Ukrainian, so they get nothing but sympathy from the international community.  Every Russian soldier killed is an invader, fully justified to the international community.  Not attacking Russia back across the border keeps material and monetary support flowing in.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sq40:
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:
Originally Posted By BobRoberts:
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

Ukraine does not win without going on offense. Defense, retreat, getting encircled, defense, is a losing game.

Ukraine wins this by husbanding their forces and forcing the Russian timeline further to right. They don’t have the ability to do more than local counter attacks. The Russians still have a huge firepower advantage, attempting an offense against that will just give the Russians the concentration needed to destroy them quickly.

I would love to see a Doolittle-esq offensive attack against Russia by Ukraine just to completely throw them off kilter.

Engels air base would be a great target with all of the bombers currently massed there.

If Ukraine has any fieldable Grom-2 SRBMs, this would be a perfect target to use them on. The potential loss of so many Blackjacks and Bears would be amazing. The Blackjacks are simply irreplaceable to Russia, especially if they're the modernized versions.

Not striking Russia across the border is a huge PR win for Ukraine though.  All casualties for civilians are Ukrainian, so they get nothing but sympathy from the international community.  Every Russian soldier killed is an invader, fully justified to the international community.  Not attacking Russia back across the border keeps material and monetary support flowing in.

Yeah I don't entirely disagree. There's certainly a benefit to that. That said, an air base would be a legitimate military target and probably recognized by most as that, as opposed to the indiscriminate targeting the Russians are doing.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 12:59:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Chaingun:
The Apache has a 30mm...wait for it....Chaingun...which should punch holes in the top armor
View Quote

Maybe the hatches. The T-72 roof is 30mm plus a spall liner, and the 30x113mm HEDP projectile penetrates 25 or 50mm depending on which source you read. Short of a hit from high angle that doesn’t hit rooftop ERA that’s not going to be a reliable killer. The engine cover is probably a better target.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 12:59:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Ukrainian troops blow up and destroy Russian Z tank

Link Posted: 3/14/2022 1:00:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

From side and rear is a kill possible, front maybe a mission kill if they hit optics or the main gun.

But it would be stupid to try one on one, the T-72 can engage a BTR-4 at 4km.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mnd6563:

Can that 30mm cannon have any significant effect on a T-72bm?

From side and rear is a kill possible, front maybe a mission kill if they hit optics or the main gun.

Plot twist, the BTR-4 can also engage at 4km with Konkurs or Barrier ATGM.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 1:00:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By CZ75_9MM:
It will probably be their worst wheat harvest in 55 years.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CZ75_9MM:
Originally Posted By Mal_means_bad:
Originally Posted By SilverBearX:
The realization that famine is a real possibility without a Ukraine wheat harvest this year. Some of the grain importers at the UN seem to have shifted to putting pressure on Ukraine to capitulate to Russia.

PARIS/HAMBURG (Reuters) - Russia may suspend exports of wheat, barley, maize (corn) and rye starting from Tuesday until June 30, the Interfax news agency reported on Monday, citing the agriculture ministry.

Russia is the world's largest wheat exporter with Egypt and Turkey among the main buyers. It competes mainly with the European Union and Ukraine.

"The agriculture ministry and the trade ministry have prepared a draft government decree that would introduce a temporary ban on exports of the main grains from Russia from March 15 to June 30," Interfax quoted the agriculture ministry as saying....

Russian wheat exports are down by 45% since the start of the current July-June marketing season because of a smaller crop and grain export taxes as well as export quotas which Moscow has been using since 2021 as part of measures to stabilise domestic food inflation.

A key factor will be whether Russia will allow previous sales to be exported, traders said.

"This could be disastrous news for importers like Egypt, Saudi Arabia and Algeria who have booked large volumes of Russian wheat. The Asian importers would also be hit," one trader said.

Last week, the economy ministry said that Russia would suspend grain exports to neighbouring ex-Soviet countries until the end of August to further strengthen its food security.
It will probably be their worst wheat harvest in 55 years.

Cuba and Nicaragua haven't come anywhere close to their troop strength goals however.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 1:02:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By cryo_tech:

Not if you blow them up
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TONTO44:
Would the Russian gas pipelines, that go through Ukraine to Europe, be legitimate targets for Ukraine?

I saw this tweet:

Not if you blow them up

I think that might annoy Ukraine's European supporters.

Link Posted: 3/14/2022 1:02:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Glock63:

Go ahead and prove that.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Glock63:
Originally Posted By TheLast15er:

So are the people currently using Ukraine as a playground. Explain how Russia hurts our interests more than Soros and his merry band of subversives.

Go ahead and prove that.

Q-QUACKS here love to muddy up threads with there BS
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 1:03:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By hondaciv:

NE Ukraine
View Quote

wow, no flat tires!  must've had a little chat with Xi about the quality of his war materiels products.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 1:04:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

I didn't realize it was that many. But I expect each tank and each plane has an officer in it, and a lot of them have been smoked.
View Quote
Those are legit officers from ground units, no NCOs.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 1:07:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By x248716x:

wow, no flat tires!  must've had a little chat with Xi about the quality of his war materiels products.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By hondaciv:

NE Ukraine

Well it's not moving so no diesel lol
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 1:08:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

Was it AR15.com?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:
Originally Posted By M-1975:

Was it AR15.com?

It all makes sense now lol
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 1:08:51 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

No flat tires yet.

I laughed so hard milk almost shot out of my nose when I heard Russia was asking China for more military equipment. What a joke.  Turns out having Chinese military equipment produced in factories that won their contracts solely due to government corruption then used an apathetic slave labor force working 12 hour days doesn't produce the highly quality of items. Who would have guessed right?  

China is so hyper competitive it's created a culture of "get what I can for me at all times and screw everyone else" so that even when it comes to defense related items the defense contractors in China are cutting every corner to maximize their profits or just straight up embezzle.  

If China starts anything in Taiwan we're going to find out real fast that Chinese military equipment is pure junk.  

Link Posted: 3/14/2022 1:09:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 1:11:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mal_means_bad] [#14]
Panic selling of Chinese stocks
The Hang Seng China Enterprises Index closed down 7.2% on Monday, the biggest drop since November 2008. The Hang Sang Tech Index tumbled 11% in its worst decline since the gauge was launched in July 2020, wiping out $2.1 trillion in value since a year-earlier peak.

The broad rout follows a report citing U.S. officials that Russia has asked China for military assistance for its war in Ukraine. Even as China denied the report, traders worry that Beijing's potential overture toward Vladimir Putin could bring a global backlash against Chinese firms, even sanctions. Sentiment was also hurt by a Covid-induced lockdown in the southern city of Shenzhen, a key tech hub, and the northern province of Jilin.

~~~~

They're already extremely stressed by their real estate bubble collapse, their complete inability to handle Covid, and a food and an energy crisis, any kind of significant risk of sanctions, let alone the reality, could push their economy over the edge.  National Security Adviser Jake Sullivan is meeting the Chinese in Rome today, the Chinese delegation must be seriously considering how vulnerable they are.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 1:13:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Dracster:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dracster:

Can that 30mm cannon have any significant effect on a T-72bm?

The question was about the 30mm cannon.

Link Posted: 3/14/2022 1:14:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By TONTO44:
Would the Russian gas pipelines, that go through Ukraine to Europe, be legitimate targets for Ukraine?

I saw this tweet:

View Quote

Ukraine collects transit fees from the Europeans for that gas, as The Middleman.  The new stories usually indicate it's very profitable for the Ukranians.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 1:15:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Element94:

@guns762 How did this not get deleted????
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Element94:

There is no gold in Ft Knox, they used it all to pay for the Apollo program and when it failed they had to go to deficit spending to cover the costs of Stanley Kubrick's work on faking the videos and images. That is why we dropped the gold standard int he 70's.  By then, the Jews in Hollywood were the only ones with the gold.  True story!

@guns762 How did this not get deleted????

Because he appreciates humor and sarcasm.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 1:16:53 PM EDT
[#18]
The Hang Seng China Enterprises Index closed down 7.2% on Monday, the biggest drop since November 2008. The Hang Sang Tech Index tumbled 11% in its worst decline since the gauge was launched in July 2020, wiping out $2.1 trillion in value since a year-earlier peak.

The broad rout follows a report citing U.S. officials that Russia has asked China for military assistance for its war in Ukraine. Even as China denied the report, traders worry that Beijing's potential overture toward Vladimir Putin could bring a global backlash against Chinese firms, even sanctions. Sentiment was also hurt by a Covid-induced lockdown in the southern city of Shenzhen, a key tech hub, and the northern province of Jilin.

~~~~

They're already extremely stressed by their real estate bubble collapse, their complete inability to handle Covid, and a food and an energy crisis, any kind of significant risk of sanctions, let alone the reality, could push their economy over the edge.  National Security Adviser Jake Sullivan is meeting the Chinese in Rome today, the Chinese delegation must be seriously considering how vulnerable they are.
View Quote
I was wondering if the Chinese could even support the Russian economy for any length of time without incurring some serious downturns. Some of this is geo-political volitivity in the markets, but it doesn't look good for the Russians long term if they have to rely on China.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 1:16:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:

One of the things that always stuck with me from my time as a lowly infantry soldier crunchy, was "holy fuck, those tanks are fast!"  ... and then "holy fuck, those tanks are big!"

Training Charlie G ambushes against tanks was eye-opening.  I agree 100% with your sentiment of wanting as much range as possible on an AT system.
View Quote
I agree with what you are saying. Now for some musing from and untrained and uneducated person. The range at which you ambush will probably be dictated more by the weapons you have and the desired results  wanted from the engagement. That is to say if you want to show that you are there and want to pause an advance then hit it early. If you want to do as much damage as possible then you must wait and get as many things as you can into an area to destroy. Either way armor is scary and I don't blame anyone for having a bit of concern when the damn things are trying to kill you.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 1:18:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By BigReb:

That would piss off the European nations that Ukraine needs to support them.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BigReb:
Not if you blow them up

That would piss off the European nations that Ukraine needs to support them.

and Ukraine desperately needs that pipeline revenue for their war chest.  Ukraine was against Nordstrom2 because it cuts them out of the revenue stream, bypasses the middleman.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 1:19:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 1:22:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By PurpleOtter:
This is going to play well on the international stage.

Russian TV Calls for Hangings of Ukrainians in Occupied Cities
View Quote

If there is any evidence of their claims, let them show the world. With as much social media that exists, there has to be something that proves beyond any doubt what they're saying.

I'd be willing to believe that the situation is flipped and that the Russians were the ones doing that to Ukrainians.in the occupied territory. The far right was about establishing justice in a corrupt system, which at the time of upheaval was being run by the Russians.

Everything the Russians have said about this so far has been deception, and it doesn't look to be any different with this. Look at the treatment of the civilians vs the EPWs and you'll see what the people there are saying.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 1:23:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By KaerMorhenResident:
No flat tires yet.

I laughed so hard milk almost shot out of my nose when I heard Russia was asking China for more military equipment. What a joke.  Turns out having Chinese military equipment produced in factories that won their contracts solely due to government corruption then used an apathetic slave labor force working 12 hour days doesn't produce the highly quality of items. Who would have guessed right?  

China is so hyper competitive it's created a culture of "get what I can for me at all times and screw everyone else" so that even when it comes to defense related items the defense contractors in China are cutting every corner to maximize their profits or just straight up embezzle.  

If China starts anything in Taiwan we're going to find out real fast that Chinese military equipment is pure junk.  

View Quote
Chinese military equipment is probably Walmart-grade airsoft junk.  Except for their Holosun red dots.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 1:25:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By dillydilly:

Man was really hoping for that T-72 to get hit with a MANPAD at the end.
View All Quotes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEzS58sX_OI

You mean an ATGM unless they have flying t-72s
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 1:26:37 PM EDT
[#25]
I was wondering if the Chinese could even support the Russian economy for any length of time without incurring some serious downturns. Some of this is geo-political volitivity in the markets, but it doesn't look good for the Russians long term if they have to rely on China.
View Quote

Also:

HONG KONG, March 14 (Reuters) - The U.S. securities regulator's move to identify Chinese firms likely to be delisted from New York for not meeting auditing requirements is pushing more fund managers to exit their holdings and dimming the prospect for new listings in the near term.

The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) last week identified for the first time five Chinese companies, including KFC operator Yum China Holdings, that could face delisting.

The move, amid a long-running auditing standoff between U.S. and Chinese regulators, revived fears among investors and triggered a massive sell-off in Chinese companies' American depositary receipts (ADRs).

Goldman Sachs estimates that U.S. institutional investors currently hold around $200 billion of exposure to Chinese ADRs.

Washington is demanding complete access to the books of U.S-listed Chinese companies, but Beijing bars foreign inspection of working papers from local accounting firms.

"The whole sector is becoming uninvestable ... we simply will give up and get out of any U.S.-listed Chinese companies for now," said a portfolio manager with a major New York-based hedge fund.

~~~~~

Financial warfare, we're good at it.  

Semi related, besides the well known oil and steel embargos there was some other obscure financial arm twisting being used against the Japanese beginning in July 1941 that likely influenced their decision making:
Bankrupting the Enemy: The U.S. Financial Siege of Japan Before Pearl Harbor
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 1:27:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Heartbreaker1373:

Ha, I just posted this in one of the other threads, but I remember hearing it in Iraq part 2 (2003).

I was in the Guard at the time, in a Cav unit, and we got regular AAR bulletins like that, and remember hearing about Bradleys taking out T72s, penetrating the front armor.
View Quote

Front armor I don’t believe. Except the drivers hatch maybe.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 1:28:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

View All Quotes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEzS58sX_OI

Kind of. Just the turrets.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 1:29:13 PM EDT
[#28]
If there is a cease fire/peace settlement, is Russia going to get all their tanks and equipment back?
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 1:29:32 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

Well... Turrets are flying a lot....
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 1:30:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

Front armor I don’t believe. Except the drivers hatch maybe.
View Quote

Who knows

I wouldn't put it past Russia to skimp on the quality of armor in their export versions of hardware
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 1:30:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By atavistic:
If there is a cease fire/peace settlement, is Russia going to get all their tanks and equipment back?
View Quote
You might see the Ukrainian version of come and take it if that happens.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 1:31:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 1:32:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PurpleOtter] [#33]

Also:

HONG KONG, March 14 (Reuters) - The U.S. securities regulator's move to identify Chinese firms likely to be delisted from New York for not meeting auditing requirements is pushing more fund managers to exit their holdings and dimming the prospect for new listings in the near term.

The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) last week identified for the first time five Chinese companies, including KFC operator Yum China Holdings, that could face delisting.

The move, amid a long-running auditing standoff between U.S. and Chinese regulators, revived fears among investors and triggered a massive sell-off in Chinese companies' American depositary receipts (ADRs).

Goldman Sachs estimates that U.S. institutional investors currently hold around $200 billion of exposure to Chinese ADRs.

Washington is demanding complete access to the books of U.S-listed Chinese companies, but Beijing bars foreign inspection of working papers from local accounting firms.

"The whole sector is becoming uninvestable ... we simply will give up and get out of any U.S.-listed Chinese companies for now," said a portfolio manager with a major New York-based hedge fund.

~~~~~

Financial warfare, we're good at it.  

Semi related, besides the well known oil and steel embargos there was some other obscure financial arm twisting being used against the Japanese beginning in July 1941 that likely influenced their decision making: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7W79BhMYjs
View Quote
Interesting, this explains some of the sudden shift in Sino politics since the start of this conflict. Americans are going to have to deal with some belt tightening in the short run, but long term is going to mean more self reliance. Not that I would advocate for isolationism in it's worst form.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 1:34:07 PM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/14/2022 1:34:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By floridacop:

Interesting that in the shots at the vehicle that was facing them, the gunner took a couple shots under the target vehicle at the infantry that were using it for cover and had exposed feet visible under the vehicle and between the tracks to the gunner.
View Quote

I think it was just as likely that he was trying to skip rounds off the street, and into the underside of the vehicle.

Either way, those dudes got turned into beef jerky.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 1:37:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Ukrainian Folk Song ???? ARMY REMIX | Andriy Khlyvnyuk x The Kiffness
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 1:37:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By glklvr:

A no-fly zone is a no-fly zone. The only way to get anyone (other than UKR) on board is to say it's for humanitarian purposes. If we're going to shoot down Russian aircraft and not anyone else's, we may as well declare war on Russia.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By glklvr:
Originally Posted By mancow:
Doesn't a no fly zone hurt Ukraine? They can't use bayraktars in a no fly zone.

Granted no more fat Russians bombing cities, but it would hurt their ability to kill Ivan's arty and such?

I would hope we are able to discriminate.

A no-fly zone is a no-fly zone. The only way to get anyone (other than UKR) on board is to say it's for humanitarian purposes. If we're going to shoot down Russian aircraft and not anyone else's, we may as well declare war on Russia.

V-22s with F-35 escorts bringing food to Mariupol? Announce that's what you're going to do (since the rooskies were crowing about a humanitarian crisis) and tell everybody to cease fire for a few hours. As bad as the Russian comms are, though, it might take a week for word to get thru to all the ground forces.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 1:38:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Pro Russian accounts are up and active, they are posting more content in the past 6 hours since the start of the war.

Drones, ambushes, artillery, and guided-missile strikes. Extremely graphic and similar to what we have seen posted by Ukrainian forces.  

Artillery, especially drone and laser-guided artillery, is coming into play for Russia.

Link Posted: 3/14/2022 1:40:11 PM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

I’ve been wondering about that. Should Ukraine burn it all in place to keep it out of Russian hands or preserve it as war booty?
I’d definitely scavenge as much as possible for the war effort and encourage prize taking by the farmers. But I wonder what the long term solution should be.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 1:40:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By SheltiePimp:
Pro Russian accounts are up and active, they are posting more content in the past 6 hours since the start of the war.

Drones, ambushes, artillery, and guided-missile strikes. Extremely graphic and similar to what we have seen posted by Ukrainian forces.  

Artillery, especially drone and laser-guided artillery, is coming into play for Russia.

View Quote
Yeah I have noticed a bunch starting yesterday.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 1:43:30 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

That's war man. Both sides are gonna have casualties. But one things for certain, Ukraine is winning.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 1:43:32 PM EDT
[#42]
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Options the United States could still take toward Russia amid Moscow's invasion of Ukraine include a full trade embargo and blocking Russia's access to international waterways, U.S. Deputy Treasury Secretary Wally Adeyemo told CNBC on Monday.

Possible U.S. options remaining on the table also include prohibitions on nickel, uranium and titanium as well as on Russian entities' crypto assets, CNBC reporter Kayla Tausche said in a post on Twitter (NYSE:TWTR), citing an interview with Adeyemo.

View Quote

U.S. options remain toward Russia, including full trade embargo

Link Posted: 3/14/2022 1:44:39 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote
I've seen a lot of suspect editing in those also.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 1:45:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

That would be an awesome T-shirt.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

That would be an awesome T-shirt.

Forget that, I want it on a tapestry.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 1:45:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mal_means_bad] [#45]
View All Quotes
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Options the United States could still take toward Russia amid Moscow's invasion of Ukraine include a full trade embargo and blocking Russia's access to international waterways, U.S. Deputy Treasury Secretary Wally Adeyemo told CNBC on Monday.

Possible U.S. options remaining on the table also include prohibitions on nickel, uranium and titanium as well as on Russian entities' crypto assets, CNBC reporter Kayla Tausche said in a post on Twitter (NYSE:TWTR), citing an interview with Adeyemo.

U.S. options remain toward Russia, including full trade embargo

"Blocking Russia's access to international waterways" AKA blockade AKA war.  Not just Russia-US trade, but Russia-everybody trade blocked by US warships.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 1:46:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By mercersfinest4:

The quality in Eastern Europe puts the ROW to shame.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mercersfinest4:
Originally Posted By FREEFALLE7:
Originally Posted By outofbattery:
This is a  medic in Donbass a couple years ago for the "they wouldn't give a petite female medic an AK" crowd.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/097A59D7-3780-4F16-895D-AD8FFA4111A2_jpe-2312907.JPG
I am just amazed at the lack of fat chicks in that country

The quality in Eastern Europe puts the ROW to shame.

Until you see their teeth
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 1:47:02 PM EDT
[#47]

That's war man. Both sides are gonna have casualties. But one things for certain, Ukraine is winning.
View Quote

Ukraine has done the much, much better social media game, but it should be obvious to most people that there would be *some point* where Russia would release their videos/photos calling the Ukranians liars showing them stacking bodies.

Never the less, we're seeing a war with near-peer entities and it's a bloodbath on both sides, granted one side can keep fighting for a good deal longer.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 1:49:14 PM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes

At what cost? Leveling of all major cities? Is that considered a win? Russia will throw away alot more men and material into this than Ukraine can.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 1:49:25 PM EDT
[#49]
View All Quotes

~~~~

Some of that volatility isn't russia's fault. The illness that may not be named has got two complete provinces in China on full lockdown and it's getting worse quickly.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 1:50:58 PM EDT
[#50]

Found a reference to a report by the Center for Army Lessons Learned that said survey results showed that Marines with the 25mm reported being unable to kill MBTs while Soldiers reported using the 25mm against MBTs with success. CALL said that the former used tungsten and the latter DU. So there’s the difference right there.
View All Quotes
There were a couple close range 25mm T-72 kills claimed by Bradleys in Desert Storm, presumably with tungsten APDS-T.  Turret ring?  Abandoned vehicle?  I don't recall if anybody ever fully detailed the claims.

APDS shouldn’t be useful against anything but the rear of the tank, while M919 in theory can penetrate from the side in the rear. I can’t find a source that definitively answers whether M919 was used—but it was in the system since 1989.

Found a reference to a report by the Center for Army Lessons Learned that said survey results showed that Marines with the 25mm reported being unable to kill MBTs while Soldiers reported using the 25mm against MBTs with success. CALL said that the former used tungsten and the latter DU. So there’s the difference right there.

I talked to some Marine LAV gunners that said the army gave them some of the DU rounds and they worked on the Iraqi tanks (with a good/lucky shot).
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1073 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top