Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1121 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/16/2022 4:08:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Walleyeguy24:

Russia has been relatively free since 91.  They have internet, cable, satellite like most of the rest of the world. They have squandered that freedom.  Apparently their citizens don't like to be free and want to be enslaved and the world's biggest assholes.
View Quote

So does China and yet… dude Russians are not free. Just because you have western luxuries doesn’t mean you are free lol.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 4:08:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By hondaciv:
This tank gets hit 3 times before the crew bails out.  Someone had asked about reactive armor working/not working.

https://t.me/dvish_alive/10305

ETA:  Chokey pasted the twitter link above
View Quote

Aktchyually, I think it hit a mine.    

Link Posted: 3/16/2022 4:09:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Biden going to start WW3 and has no fucking idea what day it is.

Link Posted: 3/16/2022 4:10:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Russia is obviously intentionally targeting groups of civilians...

How long you figure until they start "rescuing" people with nerve gas, instead of high explosive?

Link Posted: 3/16/2022 4:10:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Sajer:

I've seen a few videos of a single tank or APC cruising along all alone only to get whacked. Kind of weird though with no back up at all?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Sajer:
Originally Posted By Chokey:

I've seen a few videos of a single tank or APC cruising along all alone only to get whacked. Kind of weird though with no back up at all?

At the end of the video, there's another tank that gets smoked on the sidewalk, right at the corner.

Link Posted: 3/16/2022 4:11:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 4:12:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By J-Dam:

What comes flopping onto the road to the right of the tank @ the 1:20 mark?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By J-Dam:

What comes flopping onto the road to the right of the tank @ the 1:20 mark?

It was a tanker transferring to the airborne division. His chute didn't open.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 4:12:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DK-Prof] [#8]
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 4:12:33 PM EDT
[#9]

this is the most comprehensive list I've seen so far.

View Quote

Good
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 4:13:04 PM EDT
[#10]
The mayor of Melitopol has been freed five days after being taken captive by Russian forces, Ukrainian officials say.

Ukraine president Volodymyr Zelensky's office said Wednesday that the city's mayor Ivan Fedorov had been freed from Russian captivity after a "special operation".

A clip was later shared of Mr Zelensky on the phone to Mr Fedorov, telling him: "I am very happy that we got you back very glad to hear your your voice."
View Quote
Ivan Fedorov: Abducted Melitopol mayor freed from captivity after 'special operation' by Ukraine forces
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 4:13:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By PurpleOtter:
https://i.imgflip.com/68wyyw.jpg
View Quote

Yep but they were spending it anyways.

Putin is doing his level best to ensure Europe is flooded with US/NATO weaponry.

Salesman of the year.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 4:13:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

The Japanese are doing the same thing.

USMC F-35 on Japanese carrier.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQoXJHrh2hs

View Quote

Japan is our biggest DoD partner. We do shit tons of joint exercises and development with them. From what I can gather, they are well aware that China is holding a grudge from WW2 atrocities in a big way.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 4:13:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By M-1975:
:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FN_tZv4XoAIGBtx?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
View All Quotes
:

The Hague needs to be sharpening up their pencils, they are going to be very fucking busy for the next few years.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 4:13:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By cwm1150:

Worst wheat harvest in 55 years?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cwm1150:
Originally Posted By whollyshite:

@Zhukov

Then you have this:

https://www.reuters.com/business/russia-may-suspend-grain-exports-until-june-30-interfax-2022-03-14/

and this:

https://www.tribuneindia.com/news/world/pakistan-government-urged-to-ban-wheat-export-amid-ukraine-russia-crisis-376398

and this:

https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Agriculture/China-warns-of-worst-in-history-winter-wheat-crop

So, if a peace agreement isn't made to save the Ukrainian wheat harvest, and things continue on their current trajectory, then you have problems.

Don't forget that we have serious food concerns considering our biggest fertilizer supplier is Russia, and fertilizer was already astronomically high before this started from covid/supply chain issues.

Worst wheat harvest in 55 years?

Except now we know they have shit force projection.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 4:14:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:

How long you figure until they start "rescuing" people with nerve gas, instead of high explosive?

View Quote

But to what aim, though?  

I'm definitely not trying to support russia here, but what's the motive for intentionally targeting civilians?  There's no benefit to it, except psychologically.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 4:14:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By bikedamon:

Just as the Red Dawn Prophecies foretold.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Zhukov:
I mentioned a few pages back that the Russian economy is doomed; it just can't see the effects yet. Similar to that Titanic-hits-iceberg scenario, the same thing is shaping up for the rest of the world in regards to wheat. I specifically looked for articles PRIOR to the onset of hostilities because things were already looking grim then:

https://foreignpolicy.com/2022/01/22/russia-ukraine-war-grain-exports-africa-asia/

Interesting infographic from Al-Jazeera:

https://www.aljazeera.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/INTERACTIVE-Russian-and-Ukranian-wheat-export.png

Now throw in a poor harvest: https://www.spglobal.com/commodity-insights/en/market-insights/latest-news/agriculture/020122-russias-2021-22-wheat-exports-fall-21-on-year-prices-decline

Again: These news are from BEFORE war broke out.

Just as the Red Dawn Prophecies foretold.

Ah, more wisdom from the The Book of Milius.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 4:14:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By JTF2:

Story of Col. Francis R. Stevens Jr. (retired) who met and became friends with Lieutenant Saburo Sakai (deceased 2000), the WW2 Japanese air ace who shot down and killed his father in the spring of 1942 in New Guinea.  I remember reading this story (written by Col. Stevens Jr.) 20 plus years ago and it has always stuck out in my memory.   Four pages but the last two are extremely powerful imho per war and forgiveness fwiw.  

https://www.americanheritage.com/my-father-and-i-and-saburo-sakai#1
View Quote

Wow thanks for sharing
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 4:15:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Third_Rail:

Hit the cab. Did you not see the doors blow open? Driver was toast. That's why the truck just coasts off road.
View Quote
Was hard to see on the phone, but I see it after you pointed out.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 4:15:44 PM EDT
[#19]
View Quote

Kremlin.

Go fuck yourself.

And then die.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 4:15:54 PM EDT
[#20]
I have a growing appreciation of the Grad.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 4:16:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Durka-Durka:

But to what aim, though?  

I'm definitely not trying to support russia here, but what's the motive for intentionally targeting civilians?  There's no benefit to it, except psychologically.
View All Quotes

But to what aim, though?  

He's trying to get the Ukrainians to say "uncle".
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 4:19:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:

I'm guessing his point is that after 91, Russian has the OPTION of a relatively free and democratic-type system, and they just sat back and watched and accepted it while Putin slowly transformed them BACK into an autocracy.  

They decided to swallow his bullshit, just like the Germans in the 1930s decided to swallow Hitler's - and now they are experiencing the consequences.
View Quote

That sounds familiar...
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 4:19:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By TripleC:

View Quote

I don't know if Bidens knows that he said Putin is a war criminal, but frankly I'm glad it was said, because it's true. If we want to rewind the clock to the days of warfare before the introduction of international law, fine...I'm sure we can play that game too.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 4:19:42 PM EDT
[#24]

But to what aim, though?  

View All Quotes

But to what aim, though?  

When you're a would-be occupying force, the psychological war is just as important as the shooting one. He's doing it for exactly the same reasons it was done in WWI and II.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 4:19:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PurpleOtter] [#25]
Originally Posted By mnd6563:

The Hague needs to be sharpening up their pencils, they are going to be very fucking busy for the next few years.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mnd6563:
:

Wait until the pictures/videos start being published on the internet/social media. I have a feeling this one is going to be very very bad.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 4:20:27 PM EDT
[#26]

But to what aim, though?  

View All Quotes

But to what aim, though?  

The intent of deliberately targeting civilians is to engender terror in an attempt to force them to capitulate. The reverse seems to be happening, though. The more Russia targets civilians, the more volunteers  are created to fight them, the more western weaponry shows up in Ukraine, and the more sanctions are imposed on Russia. I guess the Russians are too stupid to realize how badly they've miscalculated the Ukranians (and the west) even after all this time?
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 4:20:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Everybodygotone] [#27]

Russia has been relatively free since 91.  They have internet, cable, satellite like most of the rest of the world. They have squandered that freedom.  Apparently their citizens don't like to be free and want to be enslaved and the world's biggest assholes.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

The Russians support their government because they don't know better. Russia hasn't had free press, freedom of assembly, or freedom of speech in, ever. The world needs a Russia that respects the freedom or their own people foremost. If they all had access to media like we do, where we can see stories, photos, and video from both sides, they would be a lot less supportive of Putin.

Actually, getting Russia out of Ukraine doesn't solve the main problem, which is Russia as an authoritarian and belligerent nation. Any peace deal that leaves Russia's government intact is going to leave the door open to more aggression in the future. Russia needs internal reform. Maybe Ukraine can be the instigator for it, as an impetus to remove Putin.

This seems maybe a little "pot meet kettle". Do Americans support Xiden? I sure as hell don't, but he did receive "the most votes in history". Squandering freedom? Spend any time in CA or NY? Just sayin'.

TBH I've never been to Russia. I have been to China and they are thoroughly brainwashed. I don't see Chinese (even expats) express dissent nearly as much as I have Russians. Just my impression. I'm no expert.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 4:20:56 PM EDT
[#28]

View All Quotes

But to what aim, though?  

He's going to get Azov to go on a. Slaughter spree once they get out of mariopol
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 4:21:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By CS223:
Not overly impressed with the performance of that LAW if that is what was fired. Looked like soldiers in the back were unaffected.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CS223:
Not overly impressed with the performance of that LAW if that is what was fired. Looked like soldiers in the back were unaffected.

Shot placement matters.

Originally Posted By KILLERB6:

That’s because they weren’t targeted/hit.

The gunner (correctly) targeted the vehicle’s engine; it’s a Light Antitank Weapon, not a Light Antipersonnel Weapon.

I think that's debatable.

The dismounts in the rear seem to be standing in some kind of box structure. If that's the case, a hit there likely would have generated enough shrapnel and spall to take them out while also making the truck a mobility kill.

Of course, we don't know what the shooter saw with his eyes, and we don't know his confidence/skill level in taking the shot on a moving target. It'd be better if the dismounts were taken out too, but a destroyed truck is still a good thing.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 4:23:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7empest] [#30]

But to what aim, though?  

View Quote

There is a quote from the movie Tears of the Sun

Danny 'Doc' Kelley: How can they do this?
Patience: This what they do. They cut off the breasts of nursing mothers... so that they'll never again feed their own babies. This is what they do.

This is what the invading orcs do. And history will not look kindly on us (by us I mean the West) letting Russia get away with it time and time and time again.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 4:23:57 PM EDT
[#31]
As part of an international task force officially announced by several countries Wednesday, the U.S. Treasury said it will establish a rewards program for people who provide information that leads to "seizure, restraint, or forfeiture of assets linked to foreign government corruption, including the Government of the Russian Federation."

The announcement of the rewards program came as part of the introduction of the Russian Elites, Proxies and Oligarchs (REPO) Task Force, which comes as part of the sanctions levied against Russian businesses and individuals for its invasion of Ukraine.

Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen and Attorney General Merrick Garland met virtually Wednesday with representatives from other nations that are part of the task force, including Australia, Canada, Germany, Italy, France, Japan, the U.K. and the European Commission.
View Quote
U.S. Treasury Will Pay Tipsters Who Help Lead to Seizure of Russian Assets
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 4:24:21 PM EDT
[#32]

But to what aim, though?  

View All Quotes

But to what aim, though?  

I'm having a hard time understanding as well. The Russians have a determined military to fight against, why are they wasting so many munitions on civilian areas? Are they that stupid? It seems that right now it is only strengthening Ukraine's resolve (as a whole) and pissing the west off more and more.

I don't see a purpose for it. I see many people say they do it to lower morale, that just doesn't make sense to me in this particular conflict. Is this some stone age  attrition strategy? Kill as many people as humanly possible and they'll eventually win?
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 4:24:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By realwar:
Russian state TV discusses how Putin could invade NATO Baltic states and force Sweden to declare neutrality

Video

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/03/16/14/55432795-0-image-a-2_1647441741509.jpg

A former senior officer in the Russian army laid out a battle plan on state TV which includes the Russian army invading the NATO Baltic states and parts of Sweden, a politically neutral country.

Speaking live on TV channel Rossiya 1, retired Russian military Colonel gestured to the map showing Gotland, Sweden's largest island with a population of around 58,595, circled in red.

Pointing a the map, Colonel Igor Korotchenko, formerly of the Russian General Staff and air force and currently a reserve officer, said at the start of the invasion 'a massive Russian radio-electronic strike is inflicted' as 'all Nato radars go blind and see nothing', according to the Sun.

This was how the scenario for capturing the countries might look, he added.

Sweden has been politically neutral throughout its recent history, but Russia's invasion of Ukraine brought the prospect of the Nordic country joining NATO to the fore of political discussion.

Russia has threatened Sweden and Finland over NATO membership repeatedly since the invasion began.

'At this time, on the Swedish island Gotland, Russian military planes land, delivering S-400 anti-aircraft missile systems, and Bastion coastal anti-ship systems,' said Colonel Korotchenko.

In the video, a border area labelled the 'Suwalki gap' is shown - the gap between Belarus and Russia's Kaliningrad exclave, a leftover territory annexed from Germany after the Second World War.

Colonel Korotchenko explained how Russia would push up from Kaliningrad towards the Suwalki corridor separating Poland and Lithuania, blocking NATO reinforcements from the West.

'The astonished West and Nato will know that Russia declares a no-fly zone of 400km,' added the enthused Colonel.

The entire Baltic Sea would then by open to Russian forces, he said on live TV.

The scenario ends with the new Baltic states governments pledging allegiance to Moscow while Sweden agrees to perpetual neutrality and a 99-year lease on Gotland.

More
View Quote
Are those Kremlin clowns deluded? The Baltics aren't going to agree, they'll invoke NATO Art 5 immediately. And Sweden isn't going to go for that, either.

The Colonel should consider this alternative: Make Kaliningrad Koenigsberg Again!
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 4:24:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Does anyone know whatever became of the Ukrainian offensives reported to have been taking place overnight?
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 4:25:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Are we entering an era that will see a decline in the importance of the MBT in ground combat, at least in their current form?  I'm just a dilletante on the internet, but it seems that they are not survivable in the face of the top attack missiles that are being shoveled into UKR.  For comparison, I youtubed up some vids of our own M1A2's where the loader was working with an open hatch and their top armor seems very thin, which makes me wonder if we would fare much better in the face of a similarly equipped enemy.

Are there tactics to mitigate the missile threat and the Russians just suck that much?

Random question after watching the videos posted here.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 4:27:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By avslash:
Are we entering an era that will see a decline in the importance of the MBT in ground combat, at least in their current form?  I'm just a dilletante on the internet, but it seems that they are not survivable in the face of the top attack missiles that are being shoveled into UKR.  For comparison, I youtubed up some vids of our own M1A2's where the loader was working with an open hatch and their top armor seems very thin, which makes me wonder if we would fare much better in the face of a similarly equipped enemy.

Are there tactics to mitigate the missile threat and the Russians just suck that much?

Random question after watching the videos posted here.
View Quote

Tanks will still work when combined with other arms to allow them to maneuver.

It's going to get expensive.

Most countries would be best off selling their tanks for scrap metal and investing in missiles.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 4:28:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By TripleC:

View Quote

Who did he invade?
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 4:28:17 PM EDT
[#38]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PurpleOtter:
As part of an international task force officially announced by several countries Wednesday, the U.S. Treasury said it will establish a rewards program for people who provide information that leads to "seizure, restraint, or forfeiture of assets linked to foreign government corruption, including the Government of the Russian Federation."

The announcement of the rewards program came as part of the introduction of the Russian Elites, Proxies and Oligarchs (REPO) Task Force, which comes as part of the sanctions levied against Russian businesses and individuals for its invasion of Ukraine.

Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen and Attorney General Merrick Garland met virtually Wednesday with representatives from other nations that are part of the task force, including Australia, Canada, Germany, Italy, France, Japan, the U.K. and the European Commission.
U.S. Treasury Will Pay Tipsters Who Help Lead to Seizure of Russian Assets

OHHH DAMNNN!!!!!    Where is Dog the Bounty Hunter right now?  He's going to get him some Russian yachts!
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 4:28:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By harrjd:

Pretty sure this just got you added to a list somewhere after the shit in vegas with Paddock went down.  Did we ever figure why dude snapped was he a rogue CIA agent or just a nutjob?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By harrjd:
Originally Posted By Taboot:
A fella could have a pretty damn good weekend in Vegas with all that shit!

Pretty sure this just got you added to a list somewhere after the shit in vegas with Paddock went down.  Did we ever figure why dude snapped was he a rogue CIA agent or just a nutjob?
Dammit!  

I think our illustrious FBI concluded that no particular motive could be determined.  
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 4:28:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Bassgasm:

Shot placement matters.

I think that's debatable.

The dismounts in the rear seem to be standing in some kind of box structure. If that's the case, a hit there likely would have generated enough shrapnel and spall to take them out while also making the truck a mobility kill.

Of course, we don't know what the shooter saw with his eyes, and we don't know his confidence/skill level in taking the shot on a moving target. It'd be better if the dismounts were taken out too, but a destroyed truck is still a good thing.
View Quote

Geez, a vehicle stopped cold in a neighborhood somewhere and what do you think they did, call Ukr Tractor?

They were probably given the opportunity to surrender, or something like that.

Right?
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 4:30:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:

I'm guessing his point is that after 91, Russian has the OPTION of a relatively free and democratic-type system, and they just sat back and watched and accepted it while Putin slowly transformed them BACK into an autocracy.  

They decided to swallow his bullshit, just like the Germans in the 1930s decided to swallow Hitler's - and now they are experiencing the consequences.
View Quote

There was a post about 600 pages back from the Lew Rockwell website that was a paper by some Soviet apologist  going on about why the post-Soviet states were a waste of time because Russia already had a more mature democracy and was well on its way to success.

Russia absolutely could be as free as we are and much more successful economically but they chose otherwise. The Russians made a deal with Putin that he could play the part of dictator so long as their lives improved by some measure and so long as that was the case they all went along with him. I suppose Putin thinks they all owe him all of their comfort and indeed lives now,they didn’t really figure on this part of their deal with the devil I don’t think.

Link Posted: 3/16/2022 4:30:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By iggy1337:

LOL that's some Iranian CGI level fantasy
View Quote

I get it that Sweden considers itself neutral but aren’t they pretty much armed to the teeth with state of the art weaponry that everyone in the west buys?
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 4:31:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By anono:
Why do people think the sanctions will end the war? Most times hungry people is exactly the root cause of war. I'm guessing if anything it will motivate more people to fight. Russia has enough raw materials to continue the effort indefinitely.

Or am I wrong?
View Quote

Russia has raw materials, but not the economy to use them to replace their forces at the rate they are (apparently) losing them.  Unhappy people at home HAVE led the government to start wars as a distraction, but people unhappy ABOUT the war (and its effects) have a tendency to end them, and often the government behind them.  Unrest related to the Soviet occupation in Afghanistan had a lot to do with the decline and eventual fall of the Soviet Union - the inability to compete economically with the United States and the West in general didn't help them out, either.

Estimates of Soviet losses during the occupation of Afghanistan (which lasted 10 years or so) are about 15,000 killed.  Estimates of their losses in Ukraine in less than a month are between 1/3 and 2/3 of that amount.  IN A MONTH.  If Ukraine drags out, it isn't going to galvanize support for the war in Russia, but most likely the opposite.

Mike

Link Posted: 3/16/2022 4:31:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By HiramRanger:

A lot of that around here. We may get a cease fire, but that will eventually breakdown... sure would be nice if in that time the pilots became competent in the aircraft. Bunch of fucking tiddly wink players in a world of Master Chess.
View Quote
Its well known I am not a military strategic master.  I do however learn and try to think things through a bit. People far better educated and experienced in such things have shown to me that setting up to fight a quick war is a quick way to fail.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 4:32:54 PM EDT
[#45]
I'll just leave this here I guess.

Link Posted: 3/16/2022 4:33:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By kcolg30:

So basically TEXAS
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kcolg30:

So basically TEXAS

Texas is ashamed that you think they only have 20 million rounds in the state.  
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 4:34:09 PM EDT
[#47]

Who did he invade?
View Quote

I mean he does have a point I would be much more comfortable with this confrontation with Russia and Putin if we had a lucid leader that didn't shit himself and dream of pudding and sniffing children.

But I guess the Rolling Stones were right....
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 4:35:03 PM EDT
[#48]
So reading a lot of comments I gather that every hates all Russian people no matter where they live now. Ukrainians are saints and just poor people in a democratic country.
Facts don't matter just propaganda. There are family members in both countries. Brothers cousins sisters. It's hard to tell the actual people to fight their families. Ukraine is corrupt and has biological warfare laboratories and launders money for elite families. Russia has too many faults to list. Sanctions don't hurt Putin they hurt the average citizens that don't want war there. Corruption has no boundaries in land language or currency.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 4:35:52 PM EDT
[#49]

And now Slovakia is gonna get Patriot batteries.

Smooth move Pootie
View Quote

Netherlands and Germany are deploying Patriot batteries immediately to fill the gap.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 4:35:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By HIMARS13A:

Tanks will still work when combined with other arms to allow them to maneuver.

It's going to get expensive.

Most countries would be best off selling their tanks for scrap metal and investing in missiles.
View Quote

Interesting problem.

I don't see much to dissuade me from the thought that a couple of rednecks with an hour of training and an F250 load of ATGMs could raise significant hell if they stuck to the shoot and haul ass philosophy.

Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1121 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top