Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1149 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 4:44:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:

It is correct.

NATO is powerless because of nukes. The new alliance has to be free of nuclear states.
View Quote

NATO is only powerless because of the lack of testicular fortitude to exercise the power they have, and that is 100% the fault of the population's choice of representative leaders. I.E. us.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 4:45:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Obo2:

a perfectly viable theory but not necessarily a fact of the video we are discussing.

this thread is full of people speculating about what happened then other people parroting that speculation as fact and then people further speculate off of that.

it's a bigger issue than anything to do with the stupid drone.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By boltcatch:

Russia has been helping splat people w/ artillery through SIGINT since 2014.   It's been a constant feature of the conflict even before they put it into high gear.

a perfectly viable theory but not necessarily a fact of the video we are discussing.

this thread is full of people speculating about what happened then other people parroting that speculation as fact and then people further speculate off of that.

it's a bigger issue than anything to do with the stupid drone.

The thread is full of random people who aren't particularly well informed popping in and shitting on other people in the middle of discussing things that are fairly well established and having the gall to call them uninformed.

There is already an ongoing scandal regarding COTS drone tracking hardware and Russia's use of stringray type devices in Ukraine for doing exactly this is well known.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 4:46:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By dillydilly:

Posted here several times… 7 days ago lol.
View Quote

Figured, it’s a big thread… there’s a lot out there. Hence the advance apology. Want to fine me or something?
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 4:48:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 4:48:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Zhukov:

I don't buy it. See the numbering on those panels? The "1" is European style whereas Americans use a simple "I".
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By hondaciv:
US-made AN / TPQ-48 portable counter-battery radar, captured by the DPR forces during the battles for Maryinka.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/122973/Screenshot_from_2022-03-17_10-02-24_png-2316466.JPG

I don't buy it. See the numbering on those panels? The "1" is European style whereas Americans use a simple "I".

same with the 4  

the American 4 is written differently

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 4:49:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Theodoric:
It's all the same mental deficiency. There is almost no difference between the leftist yelling that everything is racist/ClimateChange/TrumpRussia/OccupyWallStreet and the right yelling that everything is the WEF/BuildABear/Soros/Trilaterals/JewishBankers.  It boils down to a false belief that all of the world's problems have a small set, or even a single, causation, and that solving just those things would make everything ok.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Theodoric:
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

Tell the Q-quacks it's over then.  The ones who latch onto anything conspiracy wise are the ones who keep bringing it up
every random conspiracy does not equal Q.
It's all the same mental deficiency. There is almost no difference between the leftist yelling that everything is racist/ClimateChange/TrumpRussia/OccupyWallStreet and the right yelling that everything is the WEF/BuildABear/Soros/Trilaterals/JewishBankers.  It boils down to a false belief that all of the world's problems have a small set, or even a single, causation, and that solving just those things would make everything ok.

lol
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 4:49:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By whollyshite:

If your scenario is true, and you believe that Russia will use WMDs just for getting a black eye from Ukraine, then what do you think will happen when NATO rolls in and absolutely obliterates 80% of Russia's entire army (that's what would happen), leaving their military combat ineffective and Russia completely defenseless?  Do you think that would cause them to turn their 2000+ warheads towards Europe and the US?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By agillig:
Originally Posted By Capta:

In a thread filled with baffling and idiotic statements, this may be the most baffling and idiotic.
The Ukrainian invasion guarantees that all vulnerable states will have to develop nukes because a credible nuclear threat is the ultimate guarantor of survival.
Germany, Poland, Japan, South Korea, maybe Taiwan.  All of these will acquire nukes ASAP.  Nuclear non-proliferation just ended.

You don't get it at all.

The very reason NATO hasn't and can't help their little sister Ukraine is because if we do it will end in a nuclear exchange.

When two opponents got to war they use the tools they have and if equal there are no pulled punches by the losing party.

If NATO had no Nukes then there would be zero hesitation in stomping the Orcs.

Literally the only reason we haven't gotten in this fray is because we are nuclear.

A pact of nonnuclear countries could gang up on even Russia. Russia would still face nuclear attack by us if they used them but their justification for first use would be gone.

Had those stated countries been in a formal alliance Russia would have never invaded Ukraine.
We'll see.  What you're saying is rational, and it make sense.  But Russia has resorted to bringing in Syrian mercenaries.  Why?  Russia sent their A team in, thinking they were going to blitzkrieg right through the country, ran out of gas, ammo, and fighting spirit, and now they're bringing in people from a place where you have to tell people not to wipe their butts with their bare hands.   That's not a good sign for Russia.  Now we're sending Ukraine weapons that sound like a Call of Duty killstreak, and it's going to get even worse for them.

My point?  If this continues, I absolutely believe Russia will use WMDs of some sort.  I can't see them simply accepting defeat and going home.

If your scenario is true, and you believe that Russia will use WMDs just for getting a black eye from Ukraine, then what do you think will happen when NATO rolls in and absolutely obliterates 80% of Russia's entire army (that's what would happen), leaving their military combat ineffective and Russia completely defenseless?  Do you think that would cause them to turn their 2000+ warheads towards Europe and the US?
I don't think NATO would act under any circumstances against Russia to save Ukraine.  I don't think NATO will use any military measures to openly retaliate if Russia uses WMDs.  The west has become good at virtue signaling and hash tags, and showing support on social media, but that's it.

I'm not saying I'm wanting a nuclear war.  I'm just saying, I don't believe the west would intervene to save certain NATO members (Poland), much less non-NATO countries.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 4:49:58 PM EDT
[#8]

@nickmemphis

I really can't either, when it comes to the invasion piece of this.  It seemed like the only people surprised by the invasion were the Ukrainians, and that seems like it might have been the UKR's own brand of deception, considering they've (UKRs) put up such a fight and seem to have been prepared.

Now, one thing that they may not have accounted for (and I don't think Putin accounted for) was the severity of sanctions that came down on them.  That's definitely a possibility.  The US, NATO, and the world seemed to tiptoe around any real sanctions when this first started.  I don't know if they were smart enough to be laying a trap or if they didn't predict the backlash of the general public/Eastern European countries and had to react.  

With that being said, they've sanctioned Russian oligarch billionaires before for the actions of the Russian government, so they should have known that it was coming, at least for some of them.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By nickmemphis:

Probably very little, by their standards.  Still a lot for the normal guy.

They likely transferred their funds into the proper banks months ago.

You know what, @whollyshite, amidst all the the wealthy oligarchs will whack him BS, if they have that kind of power, how likely is it they were caught by surprise? They had to have known months ago what was coming. Like, the way it went down in the actual event was probably a surprise but I can't imagine how they would not have have known well ahead of time what was coming up.

@nickmemphis

I really can't either, when it comes to the invasion piece of this.  It seemed like the only people surprised by the invasion were the Ukrainians, and that seems like it might have been the UKR's own brand of deception, considering they've (UKRs) put up such a fight and seem to have been prepared.

Now, one thing that they may not have accounted for (and I don't think Putin accounted for) was the severity of sanctions that came down on them.  That's definitely a possibility.  The US, NATO, and the world seemed to tiptoe around any real sanctions when this first started.  I don't know if they were smart enough to be laying a trap or if they didn't predict the backlash of the general public/Eastern European countries and had to react.  

With that being said, they've sanctioned Russian oligarch billionaires before for the actions of the Russian government, so they should have known that it was coming, at least for some of them.

I concur. It's like "Putin fires 1000 of his staff!" Come on, no one fires a thousand people. I mean, individually. And this seems like an ideal time to fire a thousand intimate staff, and replace the whole lot with a bunch of noobs, don't you think?
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 4:52:20 PM EDT
[#9]

You can tell the Russians excel at maintenance with all the rust deposit on the hulls. Yikes. They really are one of the most corrupt and incompetent militaries on this planet. Thankfully.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 4:52:21 PM EDT
[#10]

Not sure if this view has been posted yet.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 4:53:17 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

I tend to agree with you, BUT - they left their superyachts in Countries with strong EU ties.  If I thought my yacht was going to be seized, there are PLENTY of places I could go and be safe.  Central or South America would be great options to relocate and enjoy the mild spring weather down there.  They didn't.  They left them in Italy, Germany and similar.  It leads me to believe they didn't have the notice or awareness we'd like to think they had.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 4:55:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Second, a THOUSAND personal staff? Really? They'd never get shit-all done stumbling over each other. The facking White House doesn't even have a thousand staff in the whole goat roping circus, let alone the pseudotater's personal diaper attendants they probably added after the installment.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 4:59:21 PM EDT
[#13]

Interesting if anything does goes boom inside Russia...
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 4:59:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Fantomas:

same with the 4  

View Quote

and 7 as well.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:00:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:
ARFCOM tells me that the Victoria cross (Carefully crafted from Russian battlefield trash) is a Nazi symbol.

MY GOD! Someone tell the queen!
View Quote

She's a fascist regime!
Made you a moron
In England, screaming!
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:00:11 PM EDT
[#16]

Fixt
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By thehun06:

Other than the far left...the most dangerous movement is this stupid Q crap... are people who won't apply logic and reason in order to make facts fit their worldview.

Fixt

That is much better. Thank you.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:01:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By SWIRE:

That's because you but mostly others left a really deep impression on this board by how hard you were pushing the Q koolaid and brow beating anyone that dare question it.  How could all of them turn their backs on something they believe in so strongly?  

Also the Q crap is still around, look at what Rep Greene was saying.  I still see other far right people parroting that type of thing.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SWIRE:
Originally Posted By SilverBearX:
Originally Posted By thehun06:
Originally Posted By mnd6563:
I just learned on another GD thread that the Russian invasion of Ukraine is really about covering up the Clinton foundation sourcing child sex slaves in Ukraine along with bio lab experimentation related to the NWO wanting to reduce global populations.  

I think I'll just stick to this thread for the foreseeable future...

Other than the far left...the most dangerous movement is this stupid Q crap...

Guys,
"Q" has been over for more than a year and a half.  Hillary running a secret server, a Russian Hoax to try and trap Trump, and corruption in government are not dependent on "Q".
The only ones still bringing up "Q" are you all.

That's because you but mostly others left a really deep impression on this board by how hard you were pushing the Q koolaid and brow beating anyone that dare question it.  How could all of them turn their backs on something they believe in so strongly?  

Also the Q crap is still around, look at what Rep Greene was saying.  I still see other far right people parroting that type of thing.

Weren't you arguing for several pages about the merit of the US Bio Weapon Lab thing earlier?
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:01:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DK-Prof] [#18]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:03:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By ottodog8:

You guys have really swallowed the Kool Aid for Ukraine. If you believe anything coming out of Ukraine I own a nifty bridge in New York you might be interested in buying. We are being played, and to see our Congress standing and clapping like a bunch of trained seals is disgusting.
I don’t give a rat’s ass who rules Ukraine. How about our government starts looking out for its own citizens for once, there’s a novel thought.
They say Putin is crazy. He has his finger on the button. So let’s really tighten the screws on him with more sanctions. What could go wrong?
As far as our politicians are concerned, the real tragedy is that they will lose access to their money laundering operations and corrupt cash cow that Ukraine has been.
Our politicians and oligarchs have been crying since the 20 year war in Afghanistan ended, no more bloated contracts for the insiders. But hey, here’s a new one in Ukraine. Let’s open the shunt into the American taxpayers veins and get those tax dollars flowing again.

WHEN WILL WE LEARN TO NOT FIGHT OTHER PEOPLE’S WARS
View All Quotes

They'll take the ground, eventually.  Ukraine was always the underdog and can't really stand toe-to-toe to Russia forever.

With that said, we all know that there's more to occupying a hostile country than winning the initial round of ground combat.  After that, you've got to hold it.  You'll be holding it against an enemy that blends in, knows the land, and hates you with a passion.  We've seen how this turns out, and that's after 20 years and a trillion dollars.  Russia doesn't have those types of resources.

The short game will go to the Russians, unless the UKRs break the will of the Russian military and the sanctions break the will of the Russian people/government.  I still think that, if this happens, the UKRs win a relatively "short" long game, assuming that their (UKR) willpower is not broken.

Personally, I think you let Russia continue to destroy itself.  That's what they're doing, even if they don't realize it.  The worst thing that can happen to Russia is that they "win" this war.  That's when the real pain starts.

If that were true, they’d(Russians) be gaining ground daily. Fact is - they aren’t. It’s actually been the opposite. Ukrainian forces have recaptured some of the lost territory.

You guys have really swallowed the Kool Aid for Ukraine. If you believe anything coming out of Ukraine I own a nifty bridge in New York you might be interested in buying. We are being played, and to see our Congress standing and clapping like a bunch of trained seals is disgusting.
I don’t give a rat’s ass who rules Ukraine. How about our government starts looking out for its own citizens for once, there’s a novel thought.
They say Putin is crazy. He has his finger on the button. So let’s really tighten the screws on him with more sanctions. What could go wrong?
As far as our politicians are concerned, the real tragedy is that they will lose access to their money laundering operations and corrupt cash cow that Ukraine has been.
Our politicians and oligarchs have been crying since the 20 year war in Afghanistan ended, no more bloated contracts for the insiders. But hey, here’s a new one in Ukraine. Let’s open the shunt into the American taxpayers veins and get those tax dollars flowing again.

Everyone wants to be the global superpower until it's time to start doing superpower shit.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:04:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By boltcatch:

It took years of guys dying for stupid reasons for people to learn the lesson about wifi and cellular capable devices and emission control.   There is a reason we're not seeing certain types of video.
View Quote

Listen it's only been about about 130 years since Marconi figured radio out. You can't expect ordinary people to get a general grasp of radio waves and radiating in such a brief time, like  in 5th grade Earth science, jeese.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:04:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By spuddicus:

McDowells
View Quote
Old enough to get that reference! Soul GLow!
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:05:03 PM EDT
[#22]
I don't think NATO would act under any circumstances against Russia to save Ukraine.  I don't think NATO will use any military measures to openly retaliate if Russia uses WMDs.  The west has become good at virtue signaling and hash tags, and showing support on social media, but that's it.

I'm not saying I'm wanting a nuclear war.  I'm just saying, I don't believe the west would intervene to save certain NATO members (Poland), much less non-NATO countries.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Capta:

In a thread filled with baffling and idiotic statements, this may be the most baffling and idiotic.
The Ukrainian invasion guarantees that all vulnerable states will have to develop nukes because a credible nuclear threat is the ultimate guarantor of survival.
Germany, Poland, Japan, South Korea, maybe Taiwan.  All of these will acquire nukes ASAP.  Nuclear non-proliferation just ended.

You don't get it at all.

The very reason NATO hasn't and can't help their little sister Ukraine is because if we do it will end in a nuclear exchange.

When two opponents got to war they use the tools they have and if equal there are no pulled punches by the losing party.

If NATO had no Nukes then there would be zero hesitation in stomping the Orcs.

Literally the only reason we haven't gotten in this fray is because we are nuclear.

A pact of nonnuclear countries could gang up on even Russia. Russia would still face nuclear attack by us if they used them but their justification for first use would be gone.

Had those stated countries been in a formal alliance Russia would have never invaded Ukraine.
We'll see.  What you're saying is rational, and it make sense.  But Russia has resorted to bringing in Syrian mercenaries.  Why?  Russia sent their A team in, thinking they were going to blitzkrieg right through the country, ran out of gas, ammo, and fighting spirit, and now they're bringing in people from a place where you have to tell people not to wipe their butts with their bare hands.   That's not a good sign for Russia.  Now we're sending Ukraine weapons that sound like a Call of Duty killstreak, and it's going to get even worse for them.

My point?  If this continues, I absolutely believe Russia will use WMDs of some sort.  I can't see them simply accepting defeat and going home.

I agree, and I hope no one wants that.  I generally think that no one on this board wants it.  I could be wrong.

I do think some would be a little too willing to take risks that would lead to it, mainly out of an emotional stance.  I also think there's some here that have self-serving interests that are definitely willing to take the risk.

As far as NATO acting, I do think that they will act if there is an invasion on one of their members.  If they don't, then there is no "NATO" and the European countries are on their own, independently.  I also think that NATO is stupid enough to be pressured into something like a "no-fly zone" or giving the UKRs weapons that can be used in more of an offensive role.  All of those I consider to be seriously stupid.  I also think that they would act if a nuke was let off.  That would end up seriously impacting global trade, and lots of peoples' money supplies.

As far as non-NATO countries, I don't feel like we should act, unless it is in our strategic interests.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:06:13 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

World war One? World War Two?

Both other people's wars. See how this might turn into something yet? Putin is becoming unhinged. The best way to end this war is for him to stop, say he was given bad information from the start, and pull his guys out before it's too late. That has to come from our leadership. This whole thing has been blown way out of proportion. ANd it can all be traced back to one place.

Donbas.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:07:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By juan223:

yes...but the point is LC's are in theater one way or another.  There is no way we're going to prove who brought the two pictured LC's in and it really doesn't matter.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By juan223:

Those were Chechens. You can tell by their accents and the Allah Akbar being said several times throughout.

yes...but the point is LC's are in theater one way or another.  There is no way we're going to prove who brought the two pictured LC's in and it really doesn't matter.

I'm not sure if there's anyone out there who doesn't know this, but Toyota Land Cruisers are all over the world. Why would it be odd to see them in Ukraine or Russia? There's tons of them in both countries, you can bet on that.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:07:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: guns762] [#25]
(Removed, CoC-6~guns762)
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:12:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Look, I am awed by all your CV creds, but don't be telling me blatantly obvious illogical and unlikely bullshit and expect me to just swallow it whole based on your impressive academic credentials.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:13:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Stretchman:

Donbas.
View Quote

Donbas and Crimea were set into motion to purposely keep Ukr out of NATO.

as soon as he lost his puppet, it was time to make sure chunks had actively disputed territory under the name of break away independent states.

NATO sure as fuck wasn't gonna touch that.

he waited till (and helped immensely) weaken the West, attacked when he thought he could win it. still managed to fuck it all up.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:14:22 PM EDT
[#28]
I think within 60 days or less the russian forces in Ukraine will disintegrate. I just don't see them lasting due to all the punishment they are taking.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:15:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jDrexler] [#29]

same with the 4  

View All Quotes
US-made AN / TPQ-48 portable counter-battery radar, captured by the DPR forces during the battles for Maryinka.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/122973/Screenshot_from_2022-03-17_10-02-24_png-2316466.JPG

same with the 4  

I wouldn’t put any bets based on how the numbers are formed. Plenty of Americans write them both ways.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:16:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: guns762] [#30]

I don't give a rat's ass who rules Ukraine. How about our government starts looking out for its own citizens for once, there's a novel thought.
They say Putin is crazy. He has his finger on the button. So let's really tighten the screws on him with more sanctions. What could go wrong?
Our politicians and oligarchs have been crying since the 20 year war in Afghanistan ended, no more bloated contracts for the insiders. But hey, here's a new one in Ukraine. Let's open the shunt into the American taxpayers veins and get those tax dollars flowing again.

WHEN WILL WE LEARN TO NOT FIGHT OTHER PEOPLE'S WARS
View Quote

You know Russia was building up BTG's around Ukraine since well before we withdrew from Afghanistan, right?

(Removed, CoC-6~guns762)Russia's been using this playbook on a swath of other countries and finally met its match.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:18:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By jus_in_bello:

Figured, it’s a big thread… there’s a lot out there. Hence the advance apology. Want to fine me or something?
View Quote

Oh yes. You’re in big big trouble mister!
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:18:44 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

The interesting thing is what happens to the UN if a Russian Nike pops off.  They may as well close their doors because they would have failed at their core mission and are just a better funded League of Nations.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:20:16 PM EDT
[#33]

I concur. It's like "Putin fires 1000 of his staff!" Come on, no one fires a thousand people. I mean, individually. And this seems like an ideal time to fire a thousand intimate staff, and replace the whole lot with a bunch of noobs, don't you think?
View Quote

The way it works if your paranoid is, you kick out the people around you because they have become familiar with others in that small circle and they know who to make alliances with to put together a coup. You bring in another bunch of people that don’t know each other and make them tattletale on each other and now these strangers don’t know who to trust.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:22:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dillydilly] [#34]

View Quote

Lol talk about going off on a tangent. I just told the other guy that Russia isn’t going to win. Nowhere in that response did I mention anything that you’re talking about. Oh and welcome back fellow firearms enthusiast.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:22:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

I think people are underestimating how many russian bodies putin is willing to throw at ukraine in order to avoid embarrassment.
I think people are underestimating how many civilians putin is willing to murder in order to avoid embarrassment. Including chemical weapons in cities.
Putin is like an insane abusive  ex-boyfriend. "If I can't have you, nobody will."
I think what will stop him is if he thinks events are turning in such a way that he realistically might be taken out by his own people(unlikely), or some kind of instability might cause actual trouble in moscow because all of the troops are gone. Short of that, he is the abusive ex-boyfriend.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stone-age:
Originally Posted By M-1975:
Ukraine will be well fertilized then.

Russia doesn't have close to endless bodies to throw; they're already asking Arabs for help.

I think people are underestimating how many russian bodies putin is willing to throw at ukraine in order to avoid embarrassment.
I think people are underestimating how many civilians putin is willing to murder in order to avoid embarrassment. Including chemical weapons in cities.
Putin is like an insane abusive  ex-boyfriend. "If I can't have you, nobody will."
I think what will stop him is if he thinks events are turning in such a way that he realistically might be taken out by his own people(unlikely), or some kind of instability might cause actual trouble in moscow because all of the troops are gone. Short of that, he is the abusive ex-boyfriend.

Putin has devolved into an irrational actor.  With that, he may use any and all means he deems necessary to accomplish whatever his imagined goal is.  I don’t think his inner circle even knows what’s to come, and the further we go along, the more unpredictable and irrational Putin will be.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:25:05 PM EDT
[#36]

NATO is only powerless because of the lack of testicular fortitude to exercise the power they have, and that is 100% the fault of the population's choice of representative leaders. I.E. us.
View All Quotes

It is correct.

NATO is powerless because of nukes. The new alliance has to be free of nuclear states.

I think you guys are mistaken.

NATO sent a bunch of weapons, did a bunch of training, and shared a bunch of intel. This has been giving the Russian military hell. I don't think that's powerless, and I don't think that's gutless. I think it's a measured response to a complex situation.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:26:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By TheLurker:

View Quote

Wow they are not fucking around
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:27:33 PM EDT
[#38]

same with the 4  

View All Quotes

same with the 4  

The US started supplying those units to Ukraine in 2014. Ukrainians have permanent markers.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:27:58 PM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes

They'll take the ground, eventually.  Ukraine was always the underdog and can't really stand toe-to-toe to Russia forever.

With that said, we all know that there's more to occupying a hostile country than winning the initial round of ground combat.  After that, you've got to hold it.  You'll be holding it against an enemy that blends in, knows the land, and hates you with a passion.  We've seen how this turns out, and that's after 20 years and a trillion dollars.  Russia doesn't have those types of resources.

The short game will go to the Russians, unless the UKRs break the will of the Russian military and the sanctions break the will of the Russian people/government.  I still think that, if this happens, the UKRs win a relatively "short" long game, assuming that their (UKR) willpower is not broken.

Personally, I think you let Russia continue to destroy itself.  That's what they're doing, even if they don't realize it.  The worst thing that can happen to Russia is that they "win" this war.  That's when the real pain starts.

If that were true, they’d(Russians) be gaining ground daily. Fact is - they aren’t. It’s actually been the opposite. Ukrainian forces have recaptured some of the lost territory.

Here is another one that didn't take history.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:28:22 PM EDT
[#40]
So has anyone heard from the fat commie traitor from Texas lately? I'm beginning to wonder if the Russians ate him.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:28:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By BlackFox:

I tend to agree with you, BUT - they left their superyachts in Countries with strong EU ties.  If I thought my yacht was going to be seized, there are PLENTY of places I could go and be safe.  Central or South America would be great options to relocate and enjoy the mild spring weather down there.  They didn't.  They left them in Italy, Germany and similar.  It leads me to believe they didn't have the notice or awareness we'd like to think they had.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BlackFox:

That’s a good point.

Question,  how would insurance handle an asset like that if it’s seized, sold, or destroyed due to political reasons?    Who would be on the hook for the cost of the loss of the vessel?
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:29:08 PM EDT
[#42]

the US still has a big issue with white nationalists in prisons and x cons.

most of our large prisons you get your choice of bloods crypts cartel or nazi. You might be able to get in fights and just stay in solitary but most folks are relegated to one of those.
View All Quotes

I am retarded and ignorant, but first of all, I don't consider fucking the cars explode when we rig them too so they are defective NBC as any kind of reliable trustworthy source and second of all, we have Nazis here, too. I bet their Nazi issue is way less than ours, and our Nazis are totally lame. Three old dudes and 14 various alphabet agency agents at meetings kind of stuff. And we never had any Nazi invasions except those saboteurs that were all caught and executed early on. The Brits turned EVERY SINGLE ONE of the Nazi agents into doubles.

the US still has a big issue with white nationalists in prisons and x cons.

most of our large prisons you get your choice of bloods crypts cartel or nazi. You might be able to get in fights and just stay in solitary but most folks are relegated to one of those.

WTF is a "white nationalist"? Are you really using radical leftist buzzwords on this site as if they were legitimate? Do you realize that conflating white supremacy and nationalism is exactly how they want to demonize pro-American nationalism? Are you using this phrase on purpose to advance their anti-American agenda?
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:29:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Mal_means_bad:
Pakistan and India fought a limited border war without nuking each other: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kargil_War

Come to think of it, China and the Soviet Union also fought a limited border war while being nuclear armed: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino-Soviet_border_conflict
View Quote

Yeah, and it stayed limited because both sides had a nukular option. There wasn't any, "We'll nuke your ass!" bullshit because the other side could say, "And we will nuke yopu back."

The whole nuclear non-proliferation thing is retarded. Like thinking you're somehow safer because I took 9 rounds out of a 17 rd mag in a 9mm I have pointed at your face from 5 feet away. As far as I'm concerned, I say give every nation nukes and go. Fucking skin that smoke wagon, bitch. Everyone dies if you pull the trigger, so do you feel feel lucky, punk?.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:30:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By M-1975:
tl;dw: Russia is screwed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gj7irIrmN0Q

View Quote
Good info here
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:31:35 PM EDT
[#45]
With the United States and the United Kingdom amping up pressures on Saudi Arabia to up its oil supplies after Washington and London banned imports of Russian oil and other energy resources, Riyadh expressed little readiness to respond to the West's demand, even going as far as threatening to use the Chinese yuan instead of the US dollar while conducting oil trade with Beijing.

British Prime Minister Boris Johnson paid a visit to Saudi Arabia and its neighbor, the UAE, and he said he hoped to succeed in persuading the two gulf states to increase oil production to ease the repercussions of economic sanctions imposed on Moscow, which have been taking a toll on global energy prices.

Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman has been subject to criticism from the West over the killing of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi, and he has been ignored by US President Joe Biden, as he refused to talk to the prince, saying his counterpart was the King, which put US-Saudi relations at an all-time low.

A US delegation also visited the two countries, headed by US security advisor Brett McGurk, pressed Riyadh to increase its oil supplies and find a solution to end the war on Yemen, according to sources, where Saudi Arabia has been waging a war on the Yemeni people for the better half of a decade.

According to sources familiar with the situation, Saudi Arabia is in active negotiations with Beijing to price part of its oil supplies to China in Yuan, a move that would undermine the US dollar's domination of the global petroleum market and represent another turn by the world's top crude exporter toward Asia.
Meanwhile, a source with knowledge of the matter told Reuters, "If Saudi Arabia does that, it will change the dynamics of the forex market."
View Quote
MBS faces dilemma over Russia, China after West push for oil
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:32:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Undaunted:
Whenever I hear these asshats say "the unprecedented $1B support package", I think about that $84B support package for the taliban and want to puke.
View Quote
It's just stupid silly

democrat election fraud works and it makes Republicans look stupid
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:33:10 PM EDT
[#47]

Lol talk about going off on a tangent. I just told the other guy that Russia isn’t going to win. Nowhere in that response did I mention anything that you’re talking about. Oh and welcome back fellow firearms enthusiast.
View All Quotes

I bought my first AR-15 in 1972, a couple of years before I was issued one. You?
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:33:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By atavistic:

Could be shell game time. Putin knows he has enemies. Wants to keep them guessing where he is.

Marine One is a helicopter. And there are 3 of them.
View Quote

Anal Editor: they only use the Marine One callsign when the potatus is on board
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:35:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SpaceGuy] [#49]
Originally Posted By snackle:

I think you guys are mistaken.

NATO sent a bunch of weapons, did a bunch of training, and shared a bunch of intel. This has been giving the Russian military hell. I don't think that's powerless, and I don't think that's gutless. I think it's a measured response to a complex situation.
View Quote

I think NATO is doing way more than we think.

Ukraine was supposed to get their doors kicked and have the regime deposed in 3 days. The opposite has happened: 15,000 Russians are dead, and they are in a quickly-turning quagmire, and its only getting worse each and every day. Russia has taken only Kherson as a major city. Kiev, Kherson, Cherniv, Sumy, Mariupol, Odessa, and many other cities are still standing, and Ukraine has been able to mount counter-attacks and even yesterday, beat the Russians back 20-25km towards Kherson.

This war is going Ukraines way in almost every sense.

But how?

Uhhhh... We know what NATO has given them. Almost every soldier and TDF has some sort of ATGM to unleash monumental pain on the Russians. The total air supremacy of Russia hasn't developed. We get daily shoot-down pictures of Russia's best aerial tech: Kh-52s, Kh-50s, Su-34s, everything is being blown to bits in the air. Ukraine is punching massively above their weight. And so much of it is NATO hand-me-downs.

Its almost like... NATO prepared them to do this.

You know, like they did for years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Unifier
https://medium.com/voices-of-the-armed-forces/operation-orbital-explained-training-ukrainian-armed-forces-59405d32d604
https://news.yahoo.com/exclusive-secret-cia-training-program-in-ukraine-helped-kyiv-prepare-for-russian-invasion-090052743.html

NATO is doing just enough to afford plausible deniability while giving Ukrainians, and there's tons of them, the ability to win. If you were NATO what would you rather do: Initiate a broad conflict with another nuclear power, or use a corrupt, neutral country to butcher the Russians and show the world how Russia is a paper tiger? If you were intelligent, you'd throw the Ukrainians at them, not the Poles and others. If it escalates and gets really bad then you send your guys in. We're literally using the Russian playbook of fodder before we go in, and its going swimmingly because we equiped them with decent weapons. On top of it, we've gathered insane levels of Russian intelligence/EW/capabilities without exposing an iota of what NATO can really provide. No F-35s. No F-22s. Very little exposed outside of modern counterfire radars and 15-year-old ATGMs that are destroying orc hordes.

Again, what else could be better? Killing Russians while sitting back and letting almost-Russians do it.

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:35:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By TheLurker:

Interesting if anything does goes boom inside Russia...
View Quote
He can start by blowing up the Kremlin. Better if he's there when it happens.
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1149 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top