Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1159 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:31:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Chokey:
View Quote

If true removed trade status

Send weapons to Taiwan

Oh wait potato
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:31:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By ad_nauseam:

This.

Only thing is, I am not sure they lost their "best". Russians have a habit of sending penal battalions into battle to clear the way for more experienced, organized units.
Penal battalions were formed from ZEKs, or prisoners.  If your battalion gets encircled, you become a traitor, "Enemy of the People" and go to Gulag and then to a penal battalion to "redeem" yourself.

I wonder if Putin plays stupid for now, lets them think they are winning, let's this continue for a bit longer, exhausts UA and then throws more divisions into the meat grinder, this time real, not BS conscripts.  That's how they won in Stalingrad. Threw fresh reserves into the battle.

Thing is, not sure he has that resource. Or can command anyone to go. Who in his right mind would climb into a box on wheels only to end up under fire.
View Quote

The sent VDV. We already know this theory is wrong.

Besides at some point 87-pandimensional hyperchess becomes indistinguishable from Actually Incompetent.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:31:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By nickmemphis:

He will not win.
1. He's fishbelly white, and fairly close to the actual Caucusus range which is probably equivalent to some sort of super duper whiteness is likely how the Nobel committee that does the soft awards like peace sees it. Like, Obama won it before he even took office just for being black.
2. LOL
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PurpleOtter:
A group of European politicians addressed the Nobel Committee with a corresponding open letter.

They asked the Nobel Committee to extend the nomination procedure for the Nobel Peace Prize until March 31, 2022, to allow for a Nobel Peace Prize nomination for President Zelensky and the people of Ukraine. Officially, the deadline for nomination for the award expired on January 31.

"We are witness to the courage of the people of Ukraine withstanding this war waged upon them by the Russian Federation. Brave Ukrainian men and women are fighting to preserve democracy and self-government. From the defiance democratically elected Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to the man with tears in his eyes saying goodbye to his family to fight for his country, people all over Ukraine are rising up to resist the forces of authoritarianism.

We believe that now is the time to show the people of Ukraine that the world is on their side," reads the letter.

The letter to the Nobel Committee was signed by 36 European politicians from the Netherlands, Great Britain, Germany, Sweden, Estonia, Bulgaria, Romania and Slovakia. The letter is open to co-sign by political leaders across the world until March 30th.
Zelensky may become a candidate for the Nobel Peace Prize

He will not win.
1. He's fishbelly white, and fairly close to the actual Caucusus range which is probably equivalent to some sort of super duper whiteness is likely how the Nobel committee that does the soft awards like peace sees it. Like, Obama won it before he even took office just for being black.
2. LOL

Yeah, I considered the Nobel Peace Prize to have lost all legitimacy when Obama got it.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:32:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Ledfingers:

Maybe there was some other leftist shit in the bill that they couldn't vote for.  Otherwise, I am not sure why they would oppose it.
View Quote

Because it expanded powers of the president to sanction who he wants when he wants.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:32:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:33:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By 7empest:

Sorry if that came off as concern trollish. You are probably right I just wish people wouldn't be retards while we are winning is all.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 7empest:
Originally Posted By NunyaBidness:
You sound concerned. One 'tard lower house member from Florida isn't moving the needle. Crushing inflation, gas prices and the educational industrial complex overplaying their hand is moving the needle.

Sorry if that came off as concern trollish. You are probably right I just wish people wouldn't be retards while we are winning is all.

100% agree
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:33:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
Won't those missile sites just be empty silos, as we would have launched everything once we detected a thousand incoming? Military bases yes of course, but missile sites seem like a wasted target.
View Quote

The minute man missle system was designed as a retaliatory weapon. The Ruskies would attempt to take those out, and its possible under certain scenarios thay could saving thier military and thier cities from certain destruction.

This was assumed to be the biggest risk we faced and was the reason behind project safeguard. Even then the odds of successfully defending the missile fields were terrible. The project was scrapped because it simply wasn't possible to stop a massive attack.

It would all depend on what the Russian though they could pull off before we figure out what the fuck is going on.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:34:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:34:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By cryo_tech:

Ill admit it. I haven't watched fox in 2 weeks. I am watching CNN. Their coverage is FAR better in this war. Their reporting is far (on this) and not full of shit coward defeatist idiots.

The ONLY person on fox who is informed on this conflict is Jennifer Griffin and you are lucky to get 20 minutes of her.

Sorry it's true. They may be a leftist trash network, but they're covering this well. It's the one thing that the left and right can agree on in the last decade or more.

Tucker has become a Fucking arrogant jackass, and his guests Fucking suck.

CNN is covering this war properly. Fox just wants to bitch about politics and hunters laptop, and I'm not Fucking sorry.
View Quote

Thank you! I agree. Where were you guys last night when I was bitching about him in this thread and all the keyboard kiddies here were dumping on me? I could have used the backup.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Tucker-Carlson-Tonight/5-2538686/?page=1
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:35:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

Because it expanded powers of the president to sanction who he wants when he wants.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ledfingers:

Maybe there was some other leftist shit in the bill that they couldn't vote for.  Otherwise, I am not sure why they would oppose it.

Can you post what it says specifically? I’ve heard it written as foreign citizens but this keeps getting repeated with no reference to what the bill says.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:35:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By outofbattery:

@BB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmSTO5UhVug
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BB:

Post the video

@BB

I like MTG but she’s wrong about this. Her point would make sense if we were to believe that dying is the worst of all evils, but it isn’t.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:36:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By atavistic:

Technically, he's waging war. ITts not a war of his choice on instigation, but still... I figured they'd give Fauci one, just because.
View All Quotes
A group of European politicians addressed the Nobel Committee with a corresponding open letter.

They asked the Nobel Committee to extend the nomination procedure for the Nobel Peace Prize until March 31, 2022, to allow for a Nobel Peace Prize nomination for President Zelensky and the people of Ukraine. Officially, the deadline for nomination for the award expired on January 31.

"We are witness to the courage of the people of Ukraine withstanding this war waged upon them by the Russian Federation. Brave Ukrainian men and women are fighting to preserve democracy and self-government. From the defiance democratically elected Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to the man with tears in his eyes saying goodbye to his family to fight for his country, people all over Ukraine are rising up to resist the forces of authoritarianism.

We believe that now is the time to show the people of Ukraine that the world is on their side," reads the letter.

The letter to the Nobel Committee was signed by 36 European politicians from the Netherlands, Great Britain, Germany, Sweden, Estonia, Bulgaria, Romania and Slovakia. The letter is open to co-sign by political leaders across the world until March 30th.

Technically, he's waging war. ITts not a war of his choice on instigation, but still... I figured they'd give Fauci one, just because.

White male, never again
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:38:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Chokey:
View Quote

Hollywood, NBA, commies and libs brains will divide by zero. Can't wait, if true.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:38:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By planemaker:

Nonsense. Part of the reason for basing ZeroHedge in Bulgaria is to avoid some of the problems associated with uncovering financial "irregularities" in US firms. Remember that ZeroHedge was one of the only web sites that saw the whole MBS meltdown and Lehman's bust coming. They have a financial network of folks that's second to none.

My only complaint with them is that they've taken on a very doomer-ish slant on pretty much everything over the last 3-4 years. Granted, it's easy to get that way when all you see is deliberate lies everywhere but still. It gets old after a while.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kncook:
Originally Posted By Voland:

ZeroHedge is Russian owned.

You keep saying that... but whats your proof?

@Voland

Owned by ABC Media Bulgaria (front company). This is the father of the creator and editor. He is a former Soviet Foreign affairs chief in USSR:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krassimir_Ivandjiiski

But you’re right. Maybe I should say “Soviet” owned instead of Russian.

Nonsense. Part of the reason for basing ZeroHedge in Bulgaria is to avoid some of the problems associated with uncovering financial "irregularities" in US firms. Remember that ZeroHedge was one of the only web sites that saw the whole MBS meltdown and Lehman's bust coming. They have a financial network of folks that's second to none.

My only complaint with them is that they've taken on a very doomer-ish slant on pretty much everything over the last 3-4 years. Granted, it's easy to get that way when all you see is deliberate lies everywhere but still. It gets old after a while.

That's their shtick though... they've always been a doom and gloom bunch since I've started reading them in 2008... what botheres me are the idiots, nazis and anitsemites that post in the comments... but alas, anything financial goes wrong and everyone blames the Jews...
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:39:06 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

Go check EO’s for the last decade.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:39:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By FrankyRay:

Yeah, I considered the Nobel Peace Prize to have lost all legitimacy when Obama got it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FrankyRay:

He will not win.
2. LOL

If he keeps the up the fight, President Zelensky should win the Noble War Prize.  It is for people with balls, unlike obummer and his shifty participation trophy prize.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:40:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By mercersfinest4:

What is going on when I find Tucker completely unwatchable and I'm switching to CNN for decent reporting?
View All Quotes
McGregor was on Tucker.

He just wanted you to know the UKR military was defeated, a spent force. UKR needs to agree to terms, and be grateful for whatever Putin offers. Then we need to drop all these silly sanctions and suck up to them since they have one of the most pre-eminent militaries on the planet.

He looked like he'd been huffing glue for the past 48 hours.

What is going on when I find Tucker completely unwatchable and I'm switching to CNN for decent reporting?
That's totally where I am right now as well.  It's like opposite day.  Seriously.  WTF is up with this planet?

Whoever is coding the goddamn matrix needs to put down the crack pipe.

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:41:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By kbi:

I hope they're hunting those TOS-1 tanks at eevery opportunity

Can you imagine being in a stuck convoy in a truck or car and theres a TOS unit behind and infront of you

May those ukranian soldiers aim be true and they have all the luck destroying those units

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kbi:
Originally Posted By BobRoberts:

TOS-1 is disabled by a Jav,second hit goes boom.

Well I guess the TOS is certainly not inert lol

I hope they're hunting those TOS-1 tanks at eevery opportunity

Can you imagine being in a stuck convoy in a truck or car and theres a TOS unit behind and infront of you

May those ukranian soldiers aim be true and they have all the luck destroying those units

The TOS-1 tanks should be second priority. First above all else should be fuel trucks. So that when the TOS-1 gets hit the troops in the convoy are already hungry, tired, and scared when the TOS-1 goes up.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:41:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By zephyr:

Thank you! I agree. Where were you guys last night when I was bitching about him in this thread and all the keyboard kiddies here were dumping on me? I could have used the backup.

View Quote

I don't bicker with GD retards.

Between the hard leftist intellectuals I work with at work , and the "Ukraine is Russia, what's the Holodomor?" did you see the infowars Q tards, I'm already exhausted and just want to see russians dying, burnt tanks, and get decent intel on what's actually happening.

Biden needs to shut his fucking mouth about calling Putin a war criminal. We all know it. Old men who can't remember what day it is, shouldn't saber rattle on bait reporter questions. Be more like Reagan.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:41:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: planemaker] [#20]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:

You sure? This is the source:

https://www.rand.org/content/dam/rand/pubs/research_reports/RR2200/RR2237/RAND_RR2237.pdf

ETA: Published in 2018 at the direction of the Trump DoD - "This research was sponsored by the Office of the Secretary of Defense’s Rapid Reaction Technology Office and conducted within the International Security and Defense Policy Center of the RAND National Defense Research Institute, a federally funded research and development center sponsored by the Office of the Secretary of Defense, the Joint Staff, the Unified Combatant Commands, the Navy, the Marine Corps, the defense agencies, and the defense Intelligence Community."
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Theodoric:

It's not Russian owned, it's a Russia-friendly Kremlin amplifier. The owners father was a state-friendly journalist in Communist Bulgaria.  Multiple analyses of content on Zerohedge have demonstrated that it propagates Russia friendly stories through its content referrer network much more often than other sites. That could be due to the owner's Russia-friendly bias, or it could be due to an arrangement.  The problem with these alt-news sites is that they lack any transparency, have no editorial oversight and no publicly available owner or interest data. At least with shills like WaPo and the NYT, they are transparent enough that you know which interests they are pushing.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/124774/1D97CFAC-D140-4B8C-A888-63C17AFD7FF8-2316045.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/124774/CFFAAE6B-E1E5-427A-8C89-3BF71290056B-2316047.jpg

This is just complete crap. None of that is true.

https://www.rand.org/content/dam/rand/pubs/research_reports/RR2200/RR2237/RAND_RR2237.pdf

ETA: Published in 2018 at the direction of the Trump DoD - "This research was sponsored by the Office of the Secretary of Defense’s Rapid Reaction Technology Office and conducted within the International Security and Defense Policy Center of the RAND National Defense Research Institute, a federally funded research and development center sponsored by the Office of the Secretary of Defense, the Joint Staff, the Unified Combatant Commands, the Navy, the Marine Corps, the defense agencies, and the defense Intelligence Community."

Absolutely certain. That chart is complete nonsense. And, it comes from the leftist group "PropOrNot Team", not the Rand Corp. In case you are unfamiliar with the way ZeroHedge works (which clearly Rand wasn't), they have both original content which they have under the byline pseudonym "Tyler Durden" and they also have guest articles from a variety of contributors (including those on the right).

Enough thread slide. Believe what you wish.

ETA: @kncook
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:41:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By M-1975:
Make a plan now, if it happens you'll have about 30 minutes to get safe(r).

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/177432/FNsKR_OVsAMkRHY_jpg-2317047.JPG
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TheLurker:

If this happens, expect Putin to go full retard. There will be all sorts of insanity bandied about from durr Kremlin.

I'm 45 minutes normal ( just speed limit ) driving from work to home

NG airlift 22 miles north

I suspect they'd be a target ( C17's all day )

But I wanna know where the damn a10's are stationed between home and cumberland

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:42:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By elcope:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FOEbg69WUA0212J?format=jpg&name=medium
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:43:13 PM EDT
[#23]

@BB

View Quote

I would have to vote against her in November if i lived in her district...

Slava Ukraini...
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:44:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Spade:

I did see elsewhere about ex-Iraq/AFG service people leaving because they discovered that artillery fire and a contested airspace weren't fun...which is concerning.
View Quote

Yeah, even with Russians JV and Freshman pick up team, that have heavy weapons & equipment that the goat fuckers we had been beating up for decades with our arms tied behind our backs didn’t have.

Add in the likely fact that logistics support likely sucks, there are no cushy safe FOBs to sleep in with 3 hots, cots, TV, interwebs and sat phonecalls home….

Yeah, it’s different…
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:44:23 PM EDT
[#25]

Haven't seen if verified, but interesting if true.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:44:41 PM EDT
[#26]

@BB

View Quote

She is a lot worse than just being a loon and stupid.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:46:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: trapsh00ter99] [#27]

@BB

View Quote
Probably a bad analogy, but there was a 15-2 upset today in the tourney. Almost never happens, but you play the game cause nothing is a given.

Shut up you cyka.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:47:37 PM EDT
[#28]

I don't bicker with GD retards.

Between the hard leftist intellectuals I work with at work , and the "Ukraine is Russia, what's the Holodomor?" did you see the infowars Q tards, I'm already exhausted and just want to see russians dying, burnt tanks, and get decent intel on what's actually happening.

Biden needs to shut his fucking mouth about calling Putin a war criminal. We all know it. Old men who can't remember what day it is, shouldn't saber rattle on bait reporter questions. Be more like Reagan.
View Quote

You are redeeming my faith in ar15.com, thanks. I was getting pretty bummed out last night with all the retards in that thread.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:49:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By realwar:

Paranoid vs Dementia. Great...
View Quote

Listen Corn Pop, you get back in your corner or I'll take a chain to ya.

Just try it Midge, and i'll swat you with my shoe.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:50:01 PM EDT
[#30]

@BB

View Quote

She been punched in the shoulder to say that?
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:50:55 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

That make is based on the prevailing winds and not actual winds.

Sort of like the difference between climate and weather.

Now Seymour Johnson AFB isn't too far from me and if the prevailing winds work, I will be safe based on that map.  If the winds blow a little more south east than that maps show, I am toast.  

That's not even counting the Global Transpark airport located fairly close to me with one of the longest runways east of the Mississippi river.  Main traffic is military planes of all types practicing their approaches.

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:54:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:56:08 PM EDT
[#33]

An interesting read and some sneaky ideas here.
View Quote

Hopefully someone listens to that guy.

Paying Russian conscripts $$$ to sabotage and document their vehicles was a great idea, as was having POW Camps replaced with vacations to Turkey/Cyprus/etc hotels until the war ends.

Both would be very effective, low cost options. Perfect 'golden bridges' for the individual soldier to retreat across.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:56:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By BB:

Post the video
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BB:
Originally Posted By bikedamon:
Originally Posted By SilverBearX:
Originally Posted By Shenanigunz:
Originally Posted By DeathMetalMedic:
Originally Posted By bikedamon:

Who were the 8 idiots?

Glenn Grothman
Thomas Massie
Matt Gaetz
Lauren Boebert
Andy Biggs
Marjorie Taylor Greene
Chip Roy
Dan Bishop

Putin is attacking Ukraine! Lets all give up some Liberty!
It is not like we did not know this is one of the objectives Democrats have been aiming for for two decades. Amazing that after the last two years of Covid BS, that many are still so easily fooled.
It is fine to sanction Putin, hell as far as I am concerned, stick a missile up his ass, but this legislation appears to be...problematic.

It’s for foreign citizens.

Please tell me you actually read the bill and aren’t just trusting tweets?

MTG, Bobert and Gaetz are giant tards but GD loves to bend over backwards to explain away their stupid moves.

Besides this vote and her tweet today on how we shouldn’t be supplying Ukraine, MTG also released a video stating Ukraine has no chance of winning and the US and Europe are giving them false hope by supplying them. As good Christians we should encourage them to surrender to save lives.  Much like Tucker Fucking Carlson, the useful idiots keep making excuses for statements that are crystal clear when simply taken at face value.

Post the video

Find it yourself.  Or don't, I don't give a shit.  MTG is a giant fucking tard and anyone who carries water for her is beyond helping, convincing, or even communicating with really.  She is embarrassingly stupid to a level that is only exceeded by those dumb enough to believe her or defend her.

I learned in one of the latest Tucker Carlson threads that even piles of video evidence showing them saying exactly what was claimed isn't enough so I won't bother with the Putin fellating moron MTG either.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:56:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Probably a bad analogy, but there was a 2-15 upset today in the tourney. Almost never happens, but you play the game cause nothing is a given.

Shut up you cyka.
View All Quotes

@BB

Probably a bad analogy, but there was a 2-15 upset today in the tourney. Almost never happens, but you play the game cause nothing is a given.

Shut up you cyka.

It makes no sense given a country being invaded such as Ukraine.

However, not to forget that grandstanding and chest beating gave us the TSA, a 20 year war, Homeland Security, Real Id and so on.

I fully support any help we can give the Ukrainians. I just hope it doesn't get manipulated against us like history has shown above.

To end Russian aggression against peaceful people doesn't get more Christian than that.

My .02 cents.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:56:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:

I'm hearing a LOT of that too...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:
McGregor was on Tucker.

He just wanted you to know the UKR military was defeated, a spent force. UKR needs to agree to terms, and be grateful for whatever Putin offers. Then we need to drop all these silly sanctions and suck up to them since they have one of the most pre-eminent militaries on the planet.

He looked like he'd been huffing glue for the past 48 hours.

I'm hearing a LOT of that too...

Speaking of CNN... I saw this the other day and don't recall it being posted here. It's actually a decent, positive piece on volunteers fighting in Ukraine.

''I''m a US Marine'': Americans among volunteers fighting for Ukraine
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:56:39 PM EDT
[#37]

Absolutely certain. That chart is complete nonsense. And, it comes from the leftist group "PropOrNot Team", not the Rand Corp. In case you are unfamiliar with the way ZeroHedge works (which clearly Rand wasn't), they have both original content which they have under the byline pseudonym "Tyler Durden" and they also have guest articles from a variety of contributors (including those on the right).

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Theodoric:

It's not Russian owned, it's a Russia-friendly Kremlin amplifier. The owners father was a state-friendly journalist in Communist Bulgaria.  Multiple analyses of content on Zerohedge have demonstrated that it propagates Russia friendly stories through its content referrer network much more often than other sites. That could be due to the owner's Russia-friendly bias, or it could be due to an arrangement.  The problem with these alt-news sites is that they lack any transparency, have no editorial oversight and no publicly available owner or interest data. At least with shills like WaPo and the NYT, they are transparent enough that you know which interests they are pushing.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/124774/1D97CFAC-D140-4B8C-A888-63C17AFD7FF8-2316045.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/124774/CFFAAE6B-E1E5-427A-8C89-3BF71290056B-2316047.jpg

This is just complete crap. None of that is true.

So, in other words, you like Zero Hedge and, because of your personal investment in it, don't want to accept that it's not what you thought it was.

And it's not a thread slide. Once again, we're discussing Russian propaganda, which they view as one prong of their military doctrine, and it's outlets. It's fully on topic.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:57:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wjwill] [#38]
Originally Posted By MarkNH:

4 of these is about a day of supply truck losses in Ukraine, they are currently passing Japan so it will be two weeks minimum before they reach the Black Sea.....

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/03/17/14/55478021-10623699-image-a-81_1647528935669.jpg
View All Quotes

4 of these is about a day of supply truck losses in Ukraine, they are currently passing Japan so it will be two weeks minimum before they reach the Black Sea.....

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/03/17/14/55478021-10623699-image-a-81_1647528935669.jpg

Provided they even make it. They might run out of fuel and have to be towed by a tractor tug.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:58:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By AeroEngineer:

I find it fascinating that a trained sniper is carrying a long barreled bolt action rifle with a suppressor and a high magnification scope as a “purely defensive” weapon.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AeroEngineer:
Originally Posted By AROKIE:
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:
Russian troops so incompetent it’s embarrassing, says ex British Army sniper on frontline in Ukraine war:

https://archive.ph/gI99R

Good read, especially when he tks about all the volunteers running away. Lol. When they found out war isn't like call of duty they tucked tail and ran back across the border.

I find it fascinating that a trained sniper is carrying a long barreled bolt action rifle with a suppressor and a high magnification scope as a “purely defensive” weapon.  

The trick is you have to yell 'theyre coming right for us!' prior to sniping to make it defensive:

How To Get Around Hunting Laws - SOUTH PARK
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:59:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By wwglen:

Now Seymour Johnson AFB isn't too far from me and if the prevailing winds work, I will be safe based on that map.  If the winds blow a little more south east than that maps show, I am toast.  

That's not even counting the Global Transpark airport located fairly close to me with one of the longest runways east of the Mississippi river.  Main traffic is military planes of all types practicing their approaches.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wwglen:

You’re not automatically going to die from fallout. You have to shelter well from it though.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:59:30 PM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes

I thought the Turks have closed the Bosphorus Strait to Russian navy ships?  Are ‘supply’ ships being allowed to transit the strait?
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:00:28 PM EDT
[#42]

View All Quotes

Quite likely,  but it also means they're running very low on equipment if they're tapping these assets.

Also curious as to how they'd get them to the black sea given Montreaux convention in play...
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:01:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Biden to speak with Xi Jinping tomorrow.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:02:01 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

They’re gonna need a bigger boat.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:02:16 PM EDT
[#45]

@BB

View Quote

OK. She is even dumber than I thought.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:02:51 PM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

Ill admit it. I haven't watched fox in 2 weeks. I am watching CNN. Their coverage is FAR better in this war. Their reporting is far (on this) and not full of shit coward defeatist idiots.

The ONLY person on fox who is informed on this conflict is Jennifer Griffin and you are lucky to get 20 minutes of her.

Sorry it's true. They may be a leftist trash network, but they're covering this well. It's the one thing that the left and right can agree on in the last decade or more.

Tucker has become a Fucking arrogant jackass, and his guests Fucking suck.

CNN is covering this war properly. Fox just wants to bitch about politics and hunters laptop, and I'm not Fucking sorry.

I tard-jousted the same idiots when this shit started.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Tucker-says-we-are-at-war-with-Russia/5-2536550/&page=5
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:03:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Good to know. The problem for me is that I'm next to an Army base and a Nuclear Power plant.
View Quote

Power plant means nothing. Army base most likely means nothing.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:06:30 PM EDT
[#48]
A very insightful and cogent analysis of what's happening and why. Long read, yes. Too much for the meme lords here, maybe.

https://cartographer.substack.com/p/russias-invasion-of-ukraine-day-12?s=r
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:07:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Won't those missile sites just be empty silos, as we would have launched everything once we detected a thousand incoming? Military bases yes of course, but missile sites seem like a wasted target.
View Quote

Not on a first strike, no.

You try to get as much of the enemy nukes as you can to start off because that is the only chance you'll get to reduce some of the hurt that you just asked for.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:07:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By CPT1-285TH:

I thought the Turks have closed the Bosphorus Strait to Russian navy ships?  Are ‘supply’ ships being allowed to transit the strait?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CPT1-285TH:

We are going to see if Turkey was serious or just fucking around. Something tells me that those ship will make it in to the Black Sea. Turkey has a history of being on Russia's tit.
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1159 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top