Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1167 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:03:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By hondaciv:
View Quote

Dont give any of our advanced weaponry to islamist........trust them as much as the russians and chinese.....I mean for crying out loud, has this country not learned anything at all...?
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:05:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By sq40:

Russia seems to be the Russian Federation in name only now. They are Soviets to the core.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FrankyRay:
Originally Posted By Chokey:

Note some of the other tweets in that thread.

Russia seems to be the Russian Federation in name only now. They are Soviets to the core.

Reminder that throughout all of Russian history they've never really been anything but some form of an autocracy.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:05:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Blasko:

Wife is off the boat Polish from Warsaw. Does not like Ukrainians and abject hatred for Russians. Polish peacekeeping means a good chance of handing out some ass kicking to restore “Poland sea to sea”

I think this is a bad idea
View Quote

Not exactly a secret. My parents and relatives in Ukraine have been telling me for years that the Poles look down on Ukrainians as second class.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:05:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By PurpleOtter:
Speaking of propaganda...

Xi Says Conflicts Like Ukraine Crisis in No One's Interests - Chinese Media
View Quote

Actions speak louder than words.  We'll just have to see what China actually does.  Either way, they're gonna try to angle their way into Ukraine when everything is said and done.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:08:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Remember that "edited" Russian diplomatic letter from yesterday?  

Russia has accused Canada of "kindergarten-level" diplomacy in a Twitter tiff over a social media post by Canada's United Nations mission.

The diplomatic spat is over a letter seeking support for a draft Russian resolution about aid in Ukraine.

Canada posted the letter to Twitter with "suggested edits", which led to retweets from other UN missions.
A Russian diplomat has called it "Russophobic libel".

An image of the letter - annotated in red type - was posted on Canada's official UN mission Twitter account on Thursday. The letter, signed by Russian diplomat Vassily Nebenzia, had been sent to all UN members the previous day.

In it, Mr Nebenzia says he is "reaching out with regards to an urgent matter related to the dire humanitarian situation in and around Ukraine".Canada's annotation adds to that line: "which we have caused as a result of our illegal war of aggression".

The letter goes on to say that "Western colleagues" are "politicising the humanitarian issue". Canada adds "Do you think the UN membership actually believes this? Please explain."
View Quote
Russia, Canada diplomats spar over 'edited' letter
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:09:26 AM EDT
[#6]

View All Quotes

Note some of the other tweets in that thread.

But without the binding Communist ideology.  Communism is stupid as a soup sandwich but it has proven itself as a force to rally a nation around.  All that Putin has is nationalism wrapped in a thin layer of Russian Orthodoxy.  

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:12:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By atavistic:

Embarrassing.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By atavistic:
Russian troops have used up almost their entire stockpile of missiles and some types of ammunition. As a result, a number of companies working in the Russian arms industry have been switched to round-the-clock mode.

Source: operative information of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine as of 12 pm.

Literally: "Due to the consumption of almost all missile ammunition and some types of ammunition, the military-political leadership have decided to transfer all companies working in the Russian arms industry and producing "Calibre" cruise missiles and ammunition for the "Tornado" multiple launch rocket systems to round-the-clock mode".

Details: The General Staff also reported that the Russian occupying forces had partially managed to temporarily occupy settlements and establish control over routes in the Donetsk and Pivdennobuzhsky operational areas in Ukraine's East.

The Russian occupying forces are also trying to increase troop numbers in the direction of Kyiv by moving uncoordinated and incompetent units from the Central and Eastern military districts.

No significant changes in the activities of the occupying forces have been recorded in the Volyn, Polissya and Siversky directions. The Russian occupying forces have been focusing on fortifying the occupied frontiers.

In the Slobozhansky and Sumy directions in Ukraine's north-east, units of the Russian occupation forces are not conducting active offensive operations; the Russian occupying forces are regrouping and trying to establish logistics. The occupiers have become more active in performing reconnaissance.
Russian terrorist forces are still trying to capture the city of Izyum, a town in Ukraine's east, strengthening the group by introducing additional units and taking measures to organise engineering, material and technical support.

In the Luhansk region, Russian occupying forces have stepped up hostilities in the area of the village of Rubizhne in the east of Ukraine, with partial success. They continue to shell unprotected civilian infrastructure in order to intimidate the local population and limit the actions of the defence forces.
In the Donetsk region, Russian occupying forces have not been conducting active hostilities.

In the Tavriya direction, Russian occupying forces are trying to establish a strict administrative and police regime in the temporarily occupied settlements of the Kherson region.

There have been no active actions by the Russian occupiers in the Southern Bug direction. Russian occupying forces continue to shell civilian infrastructure, increasing the logistics system of the grouping.
Russian missile stockpile almost exhausted, arms industry working around the clock

Embarrassing.
Wait till they hit the supply chain issues, "Igor why are there 200 missiles stacked in the warehouse and not at the air base?!!" "Sir, we are missing the gonculator valves, they are on back-order from Ukraine. We checked eBay, we found some in China but the seller only takes iTunes gift cards for payment."
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:12:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: grambosc] [#8]
Originally Posted By outofbattery:
I agree but not the thread for it and it’s clear the derpy right has lost its mind. How that affects America and the world in the near  future will be decided in 200some days when you have Midterms.

ETA: author has a Romanian or Moldovan last name,he likely has a more direct connection to understanding totalitarianism than many but do not know him or his background.
View Quote

I'm seeing it here, as my local conservative associates have gone basically full derp on this.  I hope they figure their bearings out before it's too late, or we're going to be even more screwed.

Reason is being drowned by knee jerk reaction.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:12:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By dillydilly:

Not exactly a secret. My parents and relatives in Ukraine have been telling me for years that the Poles look down on Ukrainians as second class.
View All Quotes

Wife is off the boat Polish from Warsaw. Does not like Ukrainians and abject hatred for Russians. Polish peacekeeping means a good chance of handing out some ass kicking to restore “Poland sea to sea”

I think this is a bad idea

For sure but not totally accurate, my wife’s maternal side of the family is from rural areas near where the Ukrainian border is and suffered from the Ukrainians aligned with Germany in ww2. Heard some very bad stories
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:14:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By MIR:

Dont give any of our advanced weaponry to islamist........trust them as much as the russians and chinese.....I mean for crying out loud, has this country not learned anything at all...?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By hondaciv:

Turkey already flew the US the bird due to the sanctions and cancellation of the F35 and Patriots

Turkey has no plans to obtain the US-made Patriot missile system reports RT and will no longer seek to buy the F-35 fighter jet, considering the matter “closed” after Washington kicked Ankara out of the multi-national program to develop the craft in 2019, a top defence official said.

Speaking on the sidelines of the Antalya Diplomatic Forum on Monday, Defense Industries President Ismail Demir said the Patriot missile defence system had been “removed from the agenda.”

“At the moment there is no demand for Patriots from our side. If we’re talking about the defence industry, we have turned the page on the matter,” he added.

Following years of unproductive negotiations with the US to obtain Patriots, Ankara – a NATO member – opted for Russia’s S-400 system, inking a $2.5 billion deal for four batteries in 2017, which were delivered two years later.

However, Washington loudly objected to the sale, claiming the S-400 was not compatible with other NATO systems and could even compromise security. It responded by booting Turkey from the F-35 program – despite the years of cooperation in developing the fighter jet – and later even slapped sanctions on a number of Turkish officials, among them Demir himself.

Though Turkey has demanded reimbursement after already shelling out $1.4 billion for the plane and denounced the sanctions as “unjust,” Demir said the two sides are unlikely to come to any agreement on the F-35, and that the matter is now “closed.”
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:14:55 AM EDT
[#11]

View Quote
They've got some history.  There's a recent Polish movie about Polish-Ukrainian tensions just before WWII escalating into ethnic cleansing during the war.  It's free on Amazon Prime with ads; it's an excellent production, but very graphic and not a lot of fun to watch: Hatred
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:16:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:

Hitler is always the example brought up of appeasement leading to greater aggressiveness. I've never heard another example used.

I'm curious what other examples there are where this has happened?
View Quote

See:
The Peloponnesian War
The Campaigns of Alexander
The Third Punic War
The Gallic Wars, or pretty much all of Roman Republican expansion post Macedonia
Attila's and Alaric's invasions
The Islamic conquests of North Africa, Spain and Anatolia

Do you see a pattern here?  This is just the examples I can think of off the top of my head that will have easily accessible sources.  I can add a couple hundred more if you're not getting it.

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:18:14 AM EDT
[#13]
These are the Russian speakers that Putin was going to liberate

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:19:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By planemaker:

Seems like what each country produces isn't as important as how much they export. The theory is you would only export that which you didn't need back home. Since Russia, US, Canada, France, and Ukraine are the top 5 exporters (with Germany at #7 and Poland at #10), the impact of the war (and sanctions) on wheat availability is going to be significant. If the war broadens to include Europe as a whole, then wheat exports are going to crater. That will broaden the problems this conflict is causing to a lot of countries around the world.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By planemaker:
Originally Posted By SheltiePimp:
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:
With Ukraine being a major exporter of wheat, you'd think this would be a major concern for the whole world.

Ukraine war: Russia blocks ships carrying grain exports

"Up to 300 ships have been stopped by Russian forces from departing the Black Sea, leaving one of the key global trade routes for grain virtually blocked. The fertile region is known as 'the world's breadbasket.'"

They can't seriously expect to get away with this for very long.

Separately, Russia announced export limits (posted earlier in thread).

Without wheat imports, Africa & Mideast have big problems. Putin knows this. Long term, there will be another wave of mass migration as people flee famine and food shortages in Africa & Mideast, and they'll all be headed to Europe & America.

Yes, he is 100% going to leverage that and so is China (who has been stockpiling for 2 years). If we take Russia, China, and Ukraine out of the mix its almost 30% of global wheat production.

Worldwide Wheat Production

The global trade of wheat is greater than all other crops combined. In 2017, the total global production of wheat was 772 million tons. It is the second-most produced cereal grain behind maize. Based on 2017 data, the European Union is the largest producer of wheat, producing 150.2 million metric tons of wheat. China, India, and Russia, the three largest wheat producers, account for about 41% of the world’s total wheat production.

Here are the 10 countries with the most wheat production:

China (134.3 million metric tons)
India (98.5 million metric tons)
Russia (85.9 million metric tons)
United States (47.3 million metric tons)
France (36.9 million metric tons)
Australia (31.8 million metric tons)
Canada (30 million metric tons)
Pakistan (26.7 million metric tons)
Ukraine (26.2 million metric tons)
Germany (24.5 million metric tons)

Seems like what each country produces isn't as important as how much they export. The theory is you would only export that which you didn't need back home. Since Russia, US, Canada, France, and Ukraine are the top 5 exporters (with Germany at #7 and Poland at #10), the impact of the war (and sanctions) on wheat availability is going to be significant. If the war broadens to include Europe as a whole, then wheat exports are going to crater. That will broaden the problems this conflict is causing to a lot of countries around the world.

Yes, exactly. That is total production, and not looking at exports or imports.

Below are the 15 countries that exported the highest dollar value worth of wheat during 2020.

Russia: US$7.9 billion (17.6% of total wheat exports)
United States: $6.32 billion (14.1%)
Canada: $6.3 billion (14%)
France: $4.5 billion (10.1%)
Ukraine: $3.6 billion (8%)
Australia: $2.7 billion (6%)
Argentina: $2.12 billion (4.7%)
Germany: $2.1 billion (4.7%)
Kazakhstan: $1.1 billion (2.5%)
Poland: $1 billion (2.3%)
Romania: $948.8 million (2.1%)
Lithuania: $910.7 million (2%)
Bulgaria: $699.2 million (1.6%)
Latvia: $649.2 million (1.4%)
Hungary: $630.6 million (1.4%)

Among the top exporters, the fastest-growing wheat suppliers from 2019 to 2020 were: Poland (up 142.4%), Germany (up 67.7%), Latvia (up 35.2%) and Lithuania (up 34.9%).

Below are the 15 countries that imported the highest dollar value worth of wheat during 2020.

Egypt: US$2.7 billion (5.6% of total imported wheat)
Indonesia: $2.6 billion (5.4%)
Turkey: $2.33 billion (4.8%)
China: $2.26 billion (4.7%)
Nigeria: $2.06 billion (4.2%)
Italy: $2.04 billion (4.2%)
Algeria: $1.65 billion (3.4%)
Philippines: $1.57 billion (3.2%)
Japan: $1.53 billion (3.1%)
Morocco: $1.42 billion (2.9%)
Brazil: $1.34 billion (2.8%)
Bangladesh: $1.28 billion (2.6%)
Mexico: $1.1 billion (2.2%)
South Korea: $970.5 million (2%)
Netherlands: $955.1 million (2%)

Among the 100 major markets for imported wheat the fastest growing demand came from: Tanzania (up 3,392% from 2019 to 2020), mainland China (up 150.8%), Zimbabwe (up 99%), Nepal (up 84.9%), Albania (up 75.8%), Latvia (up 69.3%), United Kingdom (up 67.3%) then Kazakhstan (up 67%.).

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:21:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

Could you please post something about the Jewish right sector and patch?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stone-age:
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:

None of the ZeroHedge fanboys took my challenge that Zerohedge.com pushes Russian narratives and THE challenge was:

- do a count on pro-Ukraine articles over the last month
- do a count on pro-Russia articles over the last month
- do a count on articles you feel are balanced/neutral regarding the Russian invasion of Ukraine over the last month

Give us a list of the articles with a final count.

Since no one did here are some from the other week (and I've read ZeroHedge for about a decade by the way):

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/donbas-rebel-leaders-formally-urge-immediate-russian-military-assistance

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/praise-ukrainian-neo-nazi-battalion-given-green-light-facebook-intercept - there are Jews in Azov and Right Sektor (Jewish leadership and special Jewish RS patch) and I posted three times proof and info here. Jewish President Zelensky supports Azov as do other Jewish leaders in Ukraine . By the way, Ukraine is the only country in the world, besides Israel, to have had a Jewish president and prime minister at the same time. Funny how Tyler never mentioned that.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/how-not-explain-ukraine-crisis

If you can't identify the Russian/Kremlin talking points in those three articles you must have very poor understanding of: this conflict, the history of both nations, Russian propaganda, and the politics behind it.

US Accuses Financial Website of Spreading Russian Propaganda - NEWSMAX: NEWSMAX...
https://www.newsmax.com/money-wire/russian-propaganda-zero-hedge/2022/02/15/id/1056867/

AND THIS IS NOT THREAD SLIDING AS THIS KIND OF BS IS ALREADY AFFECTING VOTES IN CONGRESS BY INFLUENCING REPRESENTATIVES NOT TO SUPPORT MILITARY AID UKRAINE AND TO FAVOR RUSSIA. AT LEAST FOUR "PATRIOT" CONSERVATIVE CONGRESSMAN VOTED THIS WAY YESTERDAY AND ALL/MOST OF THEM HAVE BEEN GUESTS ON ALEX JONES, TUCKER CARLSON, ETC. AND THEY ALL POST NEWS FROM ALTERNATIVE RIGHT NEWS SITES WHICH HAVE BEEN USING RT NEWS FOR MANY DECADES. INFO WARS CONSTANTLY RUNS BULLSHIT "HISTORY" (DOUBLE VERIFIED LOL!) ARTICLES ON UKRAINE WHICH ARE BOGUS IF ONE HAS STUDIED UKRAINIAN HISTORY - THEY ARE GREAT AT TWISTING THE TRUTH AND LEAVING OUT FACTS. THE ONLY MOTIVE THAT SOME OF THESE WEBSITES HAVE TO RELENTLESSLY DEFEND RUSSIA IS THAT THEY ARE GETTING PAID TO DO SO AND THEY ARE NOT REAL CONSERVATIVES BUT GREAT SHOWMEN/ACTORS - JUST USING HONEYPOT TOPICS LIKE: 2A, PREPPER/SURVIVALIST INFO, ALTERNATIVE MEDICINE, GLOBALIST HISTORY, FREE SPEECH, AND OTHER TOPICS TO SUCK IN CONSERVATIVES.

Thoughts?
@Ryan_Ruck
@outofbattery
@Shenanigunz

Could you please post something about the Jewish right sector and patch?

There are links in that article to two articles about Right Sektor which were written by Jewish newspapers.

This patch? or the standard one?

See my post here: https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/OFFICIAL-Ukraine-conflict-thread/5-2499714/?page=297
(See moderators, I am making an effort to save site resources and post links to previous posts.
)
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:22:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PurpleOtter] [#16]
"Hey Yuri, how bad is the war going?"

"It's going so bad Putin went to pawn shop to hock his watch"

Vladimir Putin won't be in Monaco for the Monaco Legend Auctions in July, but a piece of him will be.The Russian president will be offering his Patek Philippe 5208P, a watch at the top of the storied Swiss brand's line.

The 5208P is an extremely complicated watch with features like a minute repeater (the watch will chime on demand when a button is pressed), a chronograph (a stopwatch), and a perpetual calendar, which takes leap years into account.

The watch is only sold to trusted clients of Patek (a.k.a. customers who buy a lot of their watches), and it retails for 980,000 Swiss Francs ($1 million), making it one of the most expensive watches at retail, according to Hodinkee.

It's unclear what year Putin's watch is from, as the documentation is not dated, but it appears that it was purchased in London.

In some respects, it's not surprising that Putin would be selling such a rare and expensive watch. He's a noted watch fan, appearing on many occasions with watch selections only an aficionado would choose. The cost of these watches are several times higher than his declared salary of an estimated $112,000 a year.
View Quote
Putin is selling his $1 million watch, and it's one of the rarest and most expensive in the world
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:22:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:
Hitler is always the example brought up of appeasement leading to greater aggressiveness. I've never heard another example used.

I'm curious what other examples there are where this has happened?
View Quote

once you have paid him the Danegeld/ You never get rid of the Dane

We never pay any-one Dane-geld,
   No matter how trifling the cost;
For the end of that game is oppression and shame,
   And the nation that plays it is lost!

Kipling. It's an ancient principle. NickMemphis is right, it would be more impressive to come up with counter-examples.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:24:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Spade:

Dollars to doughnuts they haven't learned anything about animal disease control either.
View Quote

I don't know why not, the medical research labs in this country are filled with chinese.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:26:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By realwar:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MQt2cUpprU
View Quote

If Russians are just killing everything, why no blow up train?
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:27:38 AM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

Towards the end it seemed familiar...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:29:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Rumours are spreading that President Vladimir Putin, enraged by military setbacks in Ukraine, has launched a purge of some of Russia's most powerful officials.

On Thursday, reports in Ukrainian media claimed that Putin had fired Roman Gavrilov, the deputy chief of Rosgvardia, the Russian national guard.

Rosgvardia had deployed into Ukraine alongside the regular military and suffered heavy losses as Ukraine resisted with unexpected ferocity.

Christo Grozev, the lead Russia investigator for the outlet Bellingcat, said three sources confirmed the firing to him.

The Russian newspaper Kommersant meanwhile reported that Gavrilov had resigned.

One source told Bellingcat that Gavrilov was detained by the FSB's military counter-intelligence department over "leaks of military info that led to loss of life", while two others say it was "wasteful squandering of fuel."

The details of top-level moves in the Kremlin are difficult to confirm because of Russia's penchant for secrecy, the high costs of speaking out of turn, and the long campaign by Russia to destroy its independent media.

But even what can be seen suggests that all is not well in Putin's inner circle.
View Quote
Putin is rumored to be purging the Kremlin of Russian officials he blames for the faltering invasion of Ukraine
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:32:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

I don't know why not, the medical research labs in this country are filled with chinese.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

Dollars to doughnuts they haven't learned anything about animal disease control either.

That's true, but I have a relative that did drug reporting and worked on articles about how Chinese drug plants had massive safety problems. Like, water leaks causing moldy ceilings with crap dripping on the production lines.

So I dunno wtf they're doing with all the R&D they're stealing.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:33:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SpaceGuy] [#23]
Paywalled, but I've gleaned a ton of info from comments and such. Ukrainians are using drones + bombs in the night via STARLINK of all things to fatally wreck the convoys. They have 50 squads of drone operators running missions all night long, because Russian NV/Thermal is so pitiful they can walk up and blow the convoys up.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/specialist-drone-unit-picks-off-invading-forces-as-they-sleep-zlx3dj7bb
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:35:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By floridacop:

Towards the end it seemed familiar...

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/161929/toko_png-2317582.JPG
View Quote

Toko-Ri bummed me out as kid  
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:35:43 AM EDT
[#25]
View All Quotes
Rumours are spreading that President Vladimir Putin, enraged by military setbacks in Ukraine, has launched a purge of some of Russia's most powerful officials.

On Thursday, reports in Ukrainian media claimed that Putin had fired Roman Gavrilov, the deputy chief of Rosgvardia, the Russian national guard.

Rosgvardia had deployed into Ukraine alongside the regular military and suffered heavy losses as Ukraine resisted with unexpected ferocity.

Christo Grozev, the lead Russia investigator for the outlet Bellingcat, said three sources confirmed the firing to him.

The Russian newspaper Kommersant meanwhile reported that Gavrilov had resigned.

One source told Bellingcat that Gavrilov was detained by the FSB's military counter-intelligence department over "leaks of military info that led to loss of life", while two others say it was "wasteful squandering of fuel."

The details of top-level moves in the Kremlin are difficult to confirm because of Russia's penchant for secrecy, the high costs of speaking out of turn, and the long campaign by Russia to destroy its independent media.

But even what can be seen suggests that all is not well in Putin's inner circle.
Putin is rumored to be purging the Kremlin of Russian officials he blames for the faltering invasion of Ukraine

wonder if he fired the guy that selected the chinese tires that go flat.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:36:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By SpaceGuy:
Paywalled, but I've gleaned a ton of info from comments and such. Ukrainians are using drones + bombs in the night via STARLINK of all things to fatally wreck the convoys. They have 50 squads of drone operators running missions all night long, because Russian NV/Thermal is so pitiful they can walk up and blow the convoys up.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/specialist-drone-unit-picks-off-invading-forces-as-they-sleep-zlx3dj7bb
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:37:18 AM EDT
[#27]
t.me page documenting dead and captured Ruskies is stark

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:37:53 AM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

The f35s work heavily with software updates i'm pretty sure we could brick any of them on a whim
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:38:32 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

How many countries will you be okay with Putin taking before calling his bluff?
View Quote

Defend NATO members, plain and simple.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:39:12 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:39:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Eight_Ring:

You are both out of your minds.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Eight_Ring:
Originally Posted By Capta:

Yes, I’ve been saying exactly this for most of the thread.   People need to get off the Trump/Biden right/left bullshit and take a cold, hard look at the situation.  Putin is rattling the nuclear saber and has Europe and frankly the entire world terrified.  He’s acting like a mad dog, and we put down mad dogs.  The west has unified in a month and a nuclear first strike should no longer be considered unthinkable.
It’s my opinion that the west probably has a source of accurate inside information on Putin’s intentions, and if such information even hints at nuclear escalation, Russia will be wiped off the map to limit damage to the west.
This game is for all the marbles.

You are both out of your minds.

I think you mistake evaluating the situation realistically for promoting that outcome.  I certainly hope we don’t end up in a nuclear war, where I and my whole family would likely be killed based on where we live.
However I believe that Putin is insane enough to provoke one and I think our leadership - regardless of the so-called “right’s” political wanking about “the Potatus” - is ruthless enough to prosecute one to the fullest and most advantageous extent.  You can like that or not, but I advise you to pull your head out of the sand.  It doesn’t matter what you or I want.  It only matters what people in power see as their national interests and what they are prepared to do to pursue those interests.
The best possible outcome is for Putin to be assassinated and sanity returned to Russian government.  This could all be over in a week.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:39:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dillydilly] [#32]

For sure but not totally accurate, my wife’s maternal side of the family is from rural areas near where the Ukrainian border is and suffered from the Ukrainians aligned with Germany in ww2. Heard some very bad stories
View Quote

Ya it went both ways. I know that the Banderovtsi were aligned with the Nazis but they killed their own too. Btw my wife is half Polish half Ukrainian. I know the part of Ukraine I’m from was under Polish control prior to WW2.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:40:33 AM EDT
[#33]
Biden's call with Xi lasted 1hr-50min.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:40:56 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Old_Fashioned:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Old_Fashioned:
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

How many countries will you be okay with Putin taking before calling his bluff?

So wait, and should Russia win, allow them to remake Ukraine as they wish, regroup, restock, and only then defend NATO.

Considering Putin has made clear his plans, it seems interrupting his current plans in Ukraine is actually defending NATO but on NATOs terms.

Seems plan and simple to me, and again, doesn't require troops ok the ground.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:41:21 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Bartholomew_Roberts:

Well, they can always buy it in China with the yuan.  Because China exports so much wheat.  Play stupid currency war games, win stupid currency war prizes.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bartholomew_Roberts:
Originally Posted By TheLurker:

Africa and the Middle East both rely on it. This year's gonna be a doozy!

Well, they can always buy it in China with the yuan.  Because China exports so much wheat.  Play stupid currency war games, win stupid currency war prizes.

Do we still pay farmers in the US to NOT plant crops?  Maybe we should plant the shit out of every field we have and make a nice dent in that trade imbalance we've been running for decades...  Oh, and Drill Baby Drill!!!
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:41:25 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Chaingun:
That poor letter Z might get removed from the alphabet
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Chaingun:
Originally Posted By outofbattery:
Ridiculously bad Russian pro war propaganda

That poor letter Z might get removed from the alphabet

Hell, the B-52s had a song called "Planet Z", had this line:

"I want the world to change for me! Gotta get away
Away from Z---Living on the edge of Z
Space junk---laser bombs---ozone holes
Better put up my umbrella!"
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:41:48 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
Wow. I'm never would have thought it would have been so easy in 2022 to get a whole country brainwashed in a few weeks.

I know you can point to examples from covid and the summer of love, but this just seems on a whole different level since their "reality" is so far from the truth, and much more widespread it seems.
View Quote

Did you miss the whole COVID thing?
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:42:01 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By ad_nauseam:
That's why it's such a dilemma. It's a lose-lose-lose situation.

They cannot advance, they cannot leave and they cannot stand in one place, do nothing.

There are no good outcomes. The best one would be an internal revolt, Oligarchs appointing another head of state in Kremlin but that's doubtful (but not impossible).
View Quote

QFT and bold for emphasis. This is the best possible outcome for everyone at this point, and it's the best outcome possible for Russia.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:42:15 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By x248716x:

wonder if he fired the guy that selected the chinese tires that go flat.
View Quote
The oligarch on his $300 million dollar yacht off the coast of southern France?
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:42:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Balu] [#40]
View All Quotes
A video address by Hollywood actor Arnold Schwarzenegger to the Russian people was trending on Russian Twitter on Friday and has sparked reaction.

In it, Schwarzenegger warns Russians they are being fed misinformation about their country's assault on Ukraine.

Addressing Russian President Vladimir Putin directly, he says: "You started this war, and you can stop it".
His intervention has been praised by Russians who oppose the war in Ukraine.

Writing on the Telegram app, opposition politician Lev Shlosberg said it had been filmed "with respect towards us, Russian people".
"Arnold Schwarzenegger has a unique ability to talk to anyone with persuasion, respect and on equal terms. Wits, power and justice. Have a listen. Think about it. Understand," Mr Shlosberg said.

Also on Telegram, liberal journalist Anton Orekh said his message contained no "Russophobia".
"We are outcasts in the world.. Arnold is one of the few people who addressed Russians not as savage orcs, but as good people who have lost their ways," Mr Orekh said.

But a pro-Kremlin spoof account, Barack Obmana on Twitter, derided it, saying "the opinion of paid US talking heads" mattered little to Russians.
Russia has consistently said the war in Ukraine was a "special operation" to protect Russian-speaking Ukrainians.

But in his video, Schwarzenegger said the Kremlin was lying to Russians when it said the invasion was intended to "denazify" Ukraine.
Ukraine did not start the war, but "those in power in the Kremlin" did, he said.

By 13:00 GMT the video had been viewed nearly 25m times and had been retweeted 325,000 times.
Arnold Schwarzenegger's anti-Ukraine war video trends on Russian social media

Snipped from above: "Russia has consistently said the war in Ukraine was a "special operation" to protect Russian-speaking Ukrainians."

They keep saying this but Mariupol for example has a majority Russian speaking population and they are pulverizing the city with bombardment. I'm sure those ethnic Russians are thrilled with Putin saving them from evil Ukrainians by destroying their homes and liberating their loved ones from having a pulse. Even a cursory look reveals that the pretext/excuses presented by Kremlin propaganda are pure bullshit.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:42:32 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Bluegrasscardinal:

He *may* eventually take Ukraine by numbers and brute force alone. Only to find that occupation is worse by ten fold.  How in the hell is he supposed to project forces into Poland or the Baltics, knowing it turns into a cockfight with NATO?   If he tries this shit again, it will probably be Moldova or Georgia.   let him commit and bleed them dry.  

The amount of Buck Turgidsons on here is alarming.
View Quote

As is the amount of moral cowards.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:43:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RickJames1999] [#42]
View Quote

Potatoe must have needed a Shart / Diaper change break in the middle.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:45:08 AM EDT
[#43]
View Quote

That's at least 2 diaper changes and 3 or 4 pudding breaks (for the big guy)
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:45:48 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By SpaceGuy:

View Quote

I just don't understand how it's 2022 and a supposedly modern military doesn't have real NVG capabilities.

I remember reading articles years ago worrying that the US might have trouble in a near peer fight because of reliance on NVGs with active stuff like lasers and beacons, because a real enemy like the Russians could see them.

I guess it wasn't an issue.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:46:51 AM EDT
[#45]
'These Are Relatively Whole Bodies': The Aftermath Of Russia's Battle For Voznesensk
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:47:10 AM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

Commenters replying that it looks like Trump rallies.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:47:38 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:48:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RickJames1999] [#48]

I just don't understand how it's 2022 and a supposedly modern military doesn't have real NVG capabilities.

I remember reading articles years ago worrying that the US might have trouble in a near peer fight because of reliance on NVGs with active stuff like lasers and beacons, because a real enemy like the Russians could see them.

View Quote

How?  Russia is pretty poor financially and as we have seen, they have outsourced a lot of tech.  

Plus NVGs are cool to the soldiers and a force multiplier, but don't make you look 'tougher', so they likely sacrificed that to buy more tanks / SU35s and other 'stuff' would be my guess.  I would venture that only some of their elite commando type units have decide NVGs on par with what our regular infantry get.  The rest seem to have old 1/2 gen stuff at best.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:48:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PurpleOtter] [#49]

View Quote
It's more likely to only apply in the current situation. The lack of expensive modern optics is likely the direct result of rampant corruption of the Russian procurement system and not indicative of other peer/near peer adversaries' inventories.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:48:12 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Glock63:

Yep. We don't just say "I think ill plant wheat today."  We have a rotation, and most of us have been planning for next years crop while harvesting the last years.
View Quote

Not much choosing around here. It is a rotation of corn and soybeans.
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1167 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top