Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1218 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:02:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Chokey:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FOUXrz9XsAge_m8.jpg
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:04:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By eesmith:
That's not coincidentally the same year James Rolfe landed in Virginia though. The point is the city was well established and thriving long before colonization in North America was even a thing.
View Quote

Europe has a very old history that fascinates me.  Sadly, there aren't many castles left here and many of the traditional Western Ukrainian construction was wooden (hence the great fire of Lviv) so there's not many old buildings around, except some of the gaudy churches.  It was sad to see how many Jewish establishments were destroyed during the war and recently on old Yiddish shop exterior wall was "renovated".  

I laugh when the locals have to go back 1,000 years to tell me the last time that they were a militant society that attacked others.  So it's odd when talking about modern day Ukraine since this country has been conquered by many and were controlled by different rulers.

Anyway, the current constructions of "fortifications, bunkers, roadblocks" is laughable and make me think locals are preparing for a big paintball fight.  The vast majority of the local villages I've driven by have shut themselves off and have limited access, mostly guarded by unarmed old men.  I think they're afraid of Russian infiltration, especially at certain checkpoints, where they get upset about dashcams & dash mounted phones for navigation.

Checkpoints are pointless at this time (in my opinion) and their "tricks" are silly if you're in a crowd of cars because you just copy what everyone else is doing.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:04:42 PM EDT
[#3]

Realistically, if a country sends troops in to fight then gets retaliated against then they don’t get article 5 mutual defense.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:05:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By macro:

So why would they have US currency?
Unless they are coming here, that doesnt seem real useful.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

US currency is useful around the world.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:06:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I dunno about Zelensky or his current government, but pretty much every other politician is on the take, and has been forever.  The only surprise is that they were dumb enough to try carrying physical cash through a land border instead if wire transfers or diplomatic pouches.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:07:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By BBTC_MH:
People should go look up the modern day equivalents of Gog, Magog, Meshek, Tubal, Gomer, Beth-Togarmah, Put, and Cush in Ezekiel 38

Edit: I would think that current events when overlayed on prophecy from over 2,000 years ago when give even a secular observer pause…it’s beginning to play out exactly as described.  

Couple that with scripture that describes what is nearly identical to a CBRN warfare environment and it doesn’t exactly give a warm feeling about what is on the horizon.
View Quote

The Kingdom of Heaven is real. Mortal suffering is temporary. Jesus is the way. Be steadfast, whatever happens.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:07:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By mnd6563:

There is actually more US currency in use outside of the US than in the US.  It is more widely valued and accepted around the world.
View Quote

Crisp $100 bills are the go to currency in many places and especially here now.  Some people are having problems getting USD so I've been helping out, especially since I was pulling cash out before the initial attacks.  I'm still shocked that communications are open and bank cards working in most of the country - Russia failed miserably.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:09:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

Realistically, if a country sends troops in to fight then gets retaliated against then they don’t get article 5 mutual defense.
View Quote

No I think the plan is to use forces as Russians use their Peace Keepers. Move Polish, CZ etc forces to Secure the east and Odessa. Freeing up a large part of Ukrainian forces, while not actually engaging RU directly, and ensuring Ukraine’s supply lines.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:09:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By KELBEAST:

I’m honestly surprised the TB2 hasn’t flown sorties against the Russian ships yet. Maybe they don’t want to risk them against their air defenses. Or maybe they figure the ships aren’t that vulnerable against the munitions it can drop
View Quote

I honestly thought this would be Version 2.0 of the Nagorno-Karabakh war but I guess we need to be patient and wait to see all the Russian batteries being destroyed.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:10:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Cincinnatus:

Nope.
View Quote
Even if there were its not like there is enough of them there to make a difference in the war.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:11:07 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

So much for the 10% to the big guy
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:11:39 PM EDT
[#12]

View All Quotes

There are more $100 bills in circulation outside of the US than in it.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:11:54 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote

This is a joke question right? Please tell me this is a joke.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:12:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By BobRoberts:

No I think the plan is to use forces as Russians use their Peace Keepers. Move Polish, CZ etc forces to Secure the east and Odessa. Freeing up a large part of Ukrainian forces, while not actually engaging RU directly, and ensuring Ukraine’s supply lines.
View Quote

But how does that work if russians kill the peacekeepers?
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:13:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By iggy1337:
That Russian propagandist shit pisses me off. I imagine it like to say the Netherlands is somehow in 'Ze German sphere of influence' or going back even futher the fucking Spanish sphere of influence.

They can all get fucked that's how indipendant nations roll.
View Quote

Odd sidebar note: the Dutch were once a major world power. The Dutch possessed the island of Taiwan/Formosa before the Chinese ever did.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:15:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BobRoberts:

Then the peacekeepers will kill the Russians to keep the peace.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:15:24 PM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:15:35 PM EDT
[#18]
There's too much jibber jabbering here.

I came here to watch videos of Russians getting smoked.

Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:16:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By KELBEAST:

I’m honestly surprised the TB2 hasn’t flown sorties against the Russian ships yet. Maybe they don’t want to risk them against their air defenses. Or maybe they figure the ships aren’t that vulnerable against the munitions it can drop
View Quote

The smart micro-munitions the TB2 have don't have a lot of warhead to them.  Under five pounds.  Not really great against ships.

Its noticeable there aren't a lot of videos of them against tanks, and they tend to focus on ADA vehicles, supply trucks, and other light skinned stuff.

I guess unless/until someone tells them the Russian Navy is up to something, focusing on real threats is the priority.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:18:01 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

It would be up to home government, but the peacekeepers would be in their right to defend themselves.It would not constitute an Article 5 level event.

It would be completely different if Russia uses that as reason to launch Missiles on Warsaw or send troops into Estonia.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:19:18 PM EDT
[#21]
On March 20, three large Belarusian banks were disconnected from the SWIFT international payment system SWIFT.These are Belagroprombank, Belarus Development Bank, and Dabrabyt Bank, according to Naviny.by, Ukrinform reports.

It is noted that from now on, bank cards of the said institutions can no longer be used to complete transactions in the European Union.

Earlier, on March 10, Belagroprombank announced it would continue to operate "as usual" despite a temporary disconnection from SWIFT.

On March 11, the Belarus Development Bank called the disconnection from SWIFT a "temporary" measure, announcing its intention to use alternative financial information transmission systems.
View Quote
Three Belarusian banks disconnected from SWIFT
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:20:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Eight_Ring:

No.  I understood that you were generalizing in ways that are a little too common lately.

Tucker Carlson is a commie stooge?  Really?  Name one fucking media personality at his level who has done MORE to try to highlight the left's hypocracy and lunacy than Tucker Carlson.

I understand perfectly why the left wants him gone.

What I don't understand is why the average ARFCOMMER wants him gone.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kncook:

Damn.

Guess you felt I was talking directly to you.

No.  I understood that you were generalizing in ways that are a little too common lately.

Tucker Carlson is a commie stooge?  Really?  Name one fucking media personality at his level who has done MORE to try to highlight the left's hypocracy and lunacy than Tucker Carlson.

I understand perfectly why the left wants him gone.

What I don't understand is why the average ARFCOMMER wants him gone.

Have you watched his show over the past month?
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:21:30 PM EDT
[#23]
I wonder how confident Russia and China are about the solution of their long term border difficulties.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:22:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By juan223:

If true, troops like that in theater will likely only cause the Ukrainians to fight even harder.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By juan223:

If true, troops like that in theater will likely only cause the Ukrainians to fight even harder.
Does Russia even have logistics to get them into Ukraine or Russia for that matter? I seriously doubt this will ever happen at least not on a large scale.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:25:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Tboy:

I honestly thought this would be Version 2.0 of the Nagorno-Karabakh war but I guess we need to be patient and wait to see all the Russian batteries being destroyed.
View Quote

NK was about 45 days (we're not even to day 30 yet), and last I knew, the Azeris had WAY more drones than Ukraine has, and were operated by the Turks. They will get there, but it takes time.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:25:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BerettaGuy] [#26]

Bandera isn't worshiped/liked by all Ukrainians, especially those of certain heritages.  Ukraine is a mixed bag from my conversations here and I keep hearing various stories from different residents over the years and watch them get into debates when I bring this topic up.
View All Quotes

Perfect. Thanks.

Bandera isn't worshiped/liked by all Ukrainians, especially those of certain heritages.  Ukraine is a mixed bag from my conversations here and I keep hearing various stories from different residents over the years and watch them get into debates when I bring this topic up.

Please tell us about the "heritage" or ethnicity of the people you hang with. Your perspective on things has been questioned by me and by the two other guys here who are Americans in Ukraine.

You stated over and over that Ukrainians won't fight , aren't assertive, backward, etc, etc.. but that perspective is incorrect.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:25:15 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

Then the peacekeepers would return fire and defend themselves. I don’t think it would be an article 5 defense at that point.  I don’t think Russia has the capability to hit forces in West Ukraine outside of limited air strikes. I would imagine any peacekeeping mission would include IAD.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:25:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Russian State TV military experts calling for the use of tactical nukes against Ukraine:

Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:26:06 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

Honestly. If Maripoul surrenders, russia is probably going to kill a bunch of them. Russia is likely to be totally full of shit about letting people out. Russia is likely to send lots and lots of people to concentration camps or mass graves. And russia will hunt down and execute everybody who is on the lists provided by russian spies.
And also if they don't surrender it is going to be nothing good.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:27:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By PurpleOtter:
Three Belarusian banks disconnected from SWIFT
View Quote

Now belarus has the stink of russia on it.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:28:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

.for real.  Russians don't throw anything away.  If anything we will see some WW1 artillery if this keeps going..lol
View Quote

Every once in awhile somebody cuts the borscht and a bunch of that old crap kbs.

I wouldn't want to sit in the truck while they loaded my trailer let alone cruise down a old washboard commie cow path hauling that junk.

Keep the old guns and sealed cans of ammo but use the shell fillers for fertilizer
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:31:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By dillydilly:

Cringe propaganda. Also you keep posting these pro-Russian videos. What's your angle?
View Quote
I think those videos are just fine for posting. It gives us a look at what bullshit Russia is trying to sell. I think most of us reading this thread will see it for what it is and it will have zero influence on us.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:31:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Russian State TV military experts calling for the use of tactical nukes against Ukraine:

View Quote

If that happens I hope the Ukrainians collected parts of the elephants foot to send to Russia as a gift.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:31:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Theodoric] [#34]
Originally Posted By wjwill:

View All Quotes

She is the wife of Ihor Kotvitsky, who was one of Yanukovich's guys that was a part of the Russian puppet state that was kicked out of power in 2014. In 2015, he was one of the people that was accused of graft and corruption.  He was also one of the people that Viktor Shokin, the Ukrainian state prosecutor up until 2016, declined to prosecute.  That failure to investigate accusations of corruptions and prosecute people was ironically the source of Biden's famous speech about firing Shokin as a condition of getting aid.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:32:06 PM EDT
[#35]

Honestly. If Maripoul surrenders, russia is probably going to kill a bunch of them. Russia is likely to be totally full of shit about letting people out. Russia is likely to send lots and lots of people to concentration camps or mass graves. And russia will hunt down and execute everybody who is on the lists provided by russian spies.
View All Quotes

Plus it seems the best way for AZOV to rearm and resupply lately is by taking the ammo off of lots of dead Russians.  Let the Russian come and try and take the city.  I'm thinking their plans haven't worked out too well so far...
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:33:25 PM EDT
[#36]

Here is what YOU don't get.  There should never have been an invasion in the first place.  Mature individuals rooted deeply in an understanding or Realpolitik should have let Zelinski know that Ukraine was in Russia's sphere of influence, and Russia had strategic concerns about NATO encroaching on their borders, and no, it isn't fair, and no he wasn't going to get a pony for his birthday either, and that he should just cut the best deal that he possibly could given those ugly facts.  Then the Ukranian government should have worked hard to make the best of their situation, and make necessary accommodations to the reality of the situation (maybe Ireland and Mexico and Canada could have helped mentor them) and spare their population from the horrors of war.  Or not.

Forgive my pragmatism.  I'm not in college any more.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:
Originally Posted By outofbattery:

What is going on is that the Russian IO aimed at the American right  has worked very well. It has been obvious for years and nobody has cared.

Cool.  So now tell me why the left wants to see a war with Russia.  The left--who hates America and everything America stands for, some people did some things--remember that left?  Yeah--tell me why THEY are so peculiarly interested in involving themselves in Ukraine's war, no matter what the costs.

Here is what you don't seem to get. Just because the left doesnt want to see Ukrainians get slaughtered by Russians doesn't mean the left wants war with Russia. It also does not mean that by supporting Ukraine means you support a democrat agenda. That is a simpleton way to look at things and people who engage in that type of reasoning are very easily manipulated.

Here is what YOU don't get.  There should never have been an invasion in the first place.  Mature individuals rooted deeply in an understanding or Realpolitik should have let Zelinski know that Ukraine was in Russia's sphere of influence, and Russia had strategic concerns about NATO encroaching on their borders, and no, it isn't fair, and no he wasn't going to get a pony for his birthday either, and that he should just cut the best deal that he possibly could given those ugly facts.  Then the Ukranian government should have worked hard to make the best of their situation, and make necessary accommodations to the reality of the situation (maybe Ireland and Mexico and Canada could have helped mentor them) and spare their population from the horrors of war.  Or not.

Forgive my pragmatism.  I'm not in college any more.

This isn't pragmatism, it's surrender. What a sovereign nation like Ukraine does is none of Russia's damn business. NATO encroaching on its borders? Tough. Don't be an aggressive asshole nation and there won't be a problem. Here's what a "mature individual rooted deeply in an understanding" had to say some time ago:

We Must Fight (Ronald Reagan)
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:34:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Theodoric:
She is the wife of Ihor Kotvitsky was one of Yanukovich's guys that was a part of the Russian puppet state that was kicked out of power in 2014. In 2015, he was one of the people that was accused of graft and corruption.  He was also one of the people that Viktor Shokin, the Ukrainian state prosecuted, declined to prosecute.  That failure to investigate accusations of corruptions and prosecute people was ironically the source of Biden's famous speech about firing Shokin as a condition of getting aid.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Theodoric:

She is the wife of Ihor Kotvitsky was one of Yanukovich's guys that was a part of the Russian puppet state that was kicked out of power in 2014. In 2015, he was one of the people that was accused of graft and corruption.  He was also one of the people that Viktor Shokin, the Ukrainian state prosecuted, declined to prosecute.  That failure to investigate accusations of corruptions and prosecute people was ironically the source of Biden's famous speech about firing Shokin as a condition of getting aid.

Thank you. I wonder how many alt-right pay-triot news sites will have this as a top headline to smear Ukrainians, but will forget to put the part in about Yanukovych.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:34:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SpaceGuy] [#38]
Here's a dump of tweets showing explosions and neat things:

Ukraine mayor manning the machine gun on a captured Tigr:

Belarussian armor moving into place to invade. Red squares on all of the vehicles... No Z's:

Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:35:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By wyomingnick:

I think its a little deeper then just going the opposite of the dems.

There is no credibility or trust in our leaders and government so people are rightfully skeptical of anything they do and what purpose they are opposing Russia for.

I'm skeptical. Anything this administration does or says regarding Ukraine is not done for the right reason and they likely have an agenda behind it which is not in our interests.

That said it should still be very obvious Putin and Russia is a bad guy as well, you're correct it definitely doesn't have to be either or.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wyomingnick:
Originally Posted By kncook:
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:
Originally Posted By mercersfinest4:
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:
Originally Posted By rca2222:
Originally Posted By M-1975:
Originally Posted By rca2222:
Originally Posted By psychotr:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6UzUMrEEXM
heading into Russian controlled areas of Mariupol

One of my greatest hopes is seeing that cunt get blown up.
What ever happened to Russell Bentley or whatever his name was?

He was still around last week. I've not seen anything about him since.

Russell Bentley was just mentioned in the article below as having been interviewed (and promoted) by Alex Jones' sometimes stand in guest host Gerald Celente the other week:

Conservative Sympathy for Russia in Ukraine War an Exercise in Cognitive Dissonance - How one of the greatest examples of why a populace should own military weapons is getting ignored by some on the right.

I’m completely confused as to why some conservative politicians and personalities like Gaetz, MTG, Boebert, Tucker Carlson, etc are supporting Russia and Russian propaganda.

Can someone give me a quick summary on wtf is going on?

The Democrat-controlled government says Russia is the bad guy so Biden Derangement Syndrome makes them deduce that Russia is the good guy.

You can still know Dems are garbage and hate Russia….even if they also don’t like them.

People act like they will short circuit.

If a Dem enjoyed an orgasm half the people on this site would cut their dicks off.

I think its a little deeper then just going the opposite of the dems.

There is no credibility or trust in our leaders and government so people are rightfully skeptical of anything they do and what purpose they are opposing Russia for.

I'm skeptical. Anything this administration does or says regarding Ukraine is not done for the right reason and they likely have an agenda behind it which is not in our interests.

That said it should still be very obvious Putin and Russia is a bad guy as well, you're correct it definitely doesn't have to be either or.

this administration is using the Russia invasion as an opportunity to launch AOC's Green New Deal.  It's the perfect smoke screen.  "it's all russia's fault", can't do nothing about it.  Biden's favorite line.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:37:23 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

I guess they forgot about the 2013 Ukraine-China nuclear umbrella treaty.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:37:29 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote
Well that is getting shit done
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:38:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RattleCanAR] [#42]
I see two outcomes.

Either Putin is disposed or he burns Kyiv with a nuke.  

Right now, I think he will burn a nuke.  The dude is insane and this failure has made him even crazier.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:39:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: zephyr] [#43]

Tucker Carlson is (I believe appropriately) a strong-borders America-first crypto-isolationist who knows that men can't have babies (he's right) and that inaction at the southern border is part of a very deliberate strategy to weaken and destroy America (he's right) by the very people who are trying to destroy every aspect of the American Bill of rights (he's right) and who suspects that the very same people who are trying to drag the United States into the Ukranian geographical misfortune/tragedy "for the children" are also probably doing so because Ukraine is a rich source of retirement money for them (and I suspect he's right about that, too).

As for "propaganda"?  Anybody who imagines that they care so passionately and deeply about Ukraine (really?  Why? Two months ago you couldn't have pointed to Ukraine on a map)--your head is so full of propaganda
that you can't even think straight.  And that's all I'm going to say about that.

Now you can call me a dim-witted commie stooge.

View Quote

I agree with your first paragraph.

Your second paragraph is complete crap though, many of us work internationally and have co-workers, friends, and family, all over Europe and everywhere else. I personally have lots of IT people that work for me all over Ukraine, Belarus, Estonia, and most other Western European countries.

We know and care about each other and we share the same goals of peace and prosperity for us and our children.

We all realize Russia does not agree with those goals and is a risk to all of us.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:41:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7empest] [#44]
Ok this did make me lol

Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:41:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Attachment Attached File

Don’t feel bad,so did Dubya,Obama,Trump and Biden and Hollande,Sarkozy and Macron and Johnson,May,Cameron,Brown and Blair and … 🤷🏼‍♂️
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:42:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By m35ben:

I think those videos are just fine for posting. It gives us a look at what bullshit Russia is trying to sell. I think most of us reading this thread will see it for what it is and it will have zero influence on us.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By m35ben:
Originally Posted By dillydilly:

Cringe propaganda. Also you keep posting these pro-Russian videos. What's your angle?

+1
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:43:44 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

I wonder can they even hold it at this point.  It seems like they axis to releive Mariupol is perhaps thru Kherson, but Crimea is awash in reserves?
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:43:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:
I see two outcomes.

Either Putin is disposed or he burns Kyiv with a nuke.  

Right now, I think he will burn a nuke.  The dude is insane and this failure has made him even crazier.
View Quote

Plausible.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:44:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Ukrainians are tough as shit!  Damn I'm proud of these people!  There response to Russia, no surrender and no mercy.

Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:44:59 PM EDT
[#50]
If Russia went the route of a small tactical nuke it will be interesting to see how the west responds. And how quickly.  
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1218 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top