Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1331 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/26/2022 8:57:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Brennan tells what it’s all about.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 9:00:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By nightstalker:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/1818/C28540D6-2860-4E4A-AC15-E8EC9264E568_png-2327428.JPG
View Quote

It's russia. If not putin than as likely as not some other dictator who would have already hit the big red button.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 9:01:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By AeroE:
Not all alloys of magnesium are terribly flammable.

WE-43C is used in airliner seat frames, and I have used it in a small cruise missile.  It also has interesting (not burning) response to elevated temperature.

View Quote

In sure there are many magnesium alloys that don't burn when hit with incendiary rounds.  Apparently, whoever designed the BMP-1 was having none of that, because they've been notorious as deathtraps since the Yom Kippur war.  They're also said to be ridiculously uncomfortable when buttoned up.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 9:01:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Ukraine War: How Ukraine is counterattacking against Russia
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 9:02:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

The Czech, Polish, and Slovakian PMs traveled to Kiev.  Some stones on those guys.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:
Originally Posted By Walleyeguy24:
Originally Posted By ISEEYOU2:

And that was not a warzone like Ukraine is by no means. The Soviet Union (ruSSia) is attacking Ukraine. There were only terrorists in Afghanistan. Not quite the same thing is it ?

Poland isn't a war zone. Afghanistan was. You think every juhadist in the country wouldn't have tried? Biden is safely in Poland where there is little worry. I would give Biden credit if he went to Ukraine, but it is really highly unlikely he would be targeted by Russia even if he did.  You are wrong like in every post you have ever made here. Everyone knows you are a troll. Go away.

The Czech, Polish, and Slovakian PMs traveled to Kiev.  Some stones on those guys.

The SS probably wont let the Potato do it.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 9:02:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By GTLandser:

I agree with you, replied to same effect two posts up from yours.

It's probably simple: ground is cold and wet, and they are often "taking a knee" or sitting in cover.

Joe ain't stupid! Sheee-it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Senoj:
Dumb question:

I’m a lot of videos I’m seeing UKR soldiers wearing butt pads on the back of their LBE.  Are those just foam pads for comfort when sitting?

Never seen that before, it appears genius.  Curious where that idea came from?

I agree with you, replied to same effect two posts up from yours.

It's probably simple: ground is cold and wet, and they are often "taking a knee" or sitting in cover.

Joe ain't stupid! Sheee-it.

A lot of us Turkey hunters wear a hanging butt pad off our vests.  Makes sitting in the woods for hours much more comfortable.

Link Posted: 3/26/2022 9:04:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ISEEYOU2] [#7]
Originally Posted By Balu:

Russian imperialism, Russism, the ideology of Russian supremacy, Pan-Slavism, and glorification of the USSR must be eliminated completely or there will never be peace in that region. Russia has a shameful history of barbaric violence as the primary means to build an empire. Once they lose this war and they are crushed economically, the entire rotten Russist culture must be dismantled and erased just like Nazism was in Germany and Japanese Imperialism was in Japan.
View Quote

That's the honest truth...... ruSSia should be broken up into smaller states.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 9:04:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Oof. Foreign media on Bidens performance.
Ukraine War: Joe Biden says Vladimir Putin 'cannot remain in power'

Link Posted: 3/26/2022 9:08:45 PM EDT
[#9]
It's really hard. I want Ukraine to skullfuck the Russians and absolutely wipe them out to the man. But in the other hand those Russian boys are just so young!  I have a son that age. How many of those boys were conscripted without any choice?  I can see the terror on their faces - if you're a father it has to tug at you. They are just so goddamn young.

War is truly hell. Fuck all of this stupid shit - there is no hell hot or deep enough for the men that send kids like that to war for selfish gain.

Link Posted: 3/26/2022 9:10:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By ludder093:
Estonia gearing up.

Putin is causing everyone to arm up. Boy did he miscalculate.
View Quote

About to put them LMT rifles to use hopefully.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 9:15:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 9:24:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 9:25:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By _disconnector_:
It's really hard. I want Ukraine to skullfuck the Russians and absolutely wipe them out to the man. But in the other hand those Russian boys are just so young!  I have a son that age. How many of those boys were conscripted without any choice?  I can see the terror on their faces - if you're a father it has to tug at you. They are just so goddamn young.

War is truly hell. Fuck all of this stupid shit - there is no hell hot or deep enough for the men that send kids like that to war for selfish gain.

View Quote

That is not a popular view here but they really are children. Poorly educated, poor families and now caught in a war they want no part of.

War really is a crime on everyone involved on the ground. If there was true justice Putin would be tied to a post and eaten by hungry dogs. He needs to suffer badly. The best thing that can happen is a Russian higher up will put one in his head and try to resolve this injustice. Unfortunately Putin has eliminated everyone that is not 100% loyal to him.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 9:32:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By carcrazysammy:

That is not a popular view here but they really are children. Poorly educated, poor families and now caught in a war they want no part of.

War really is a crime on everyone involved on the ground. If there was true justice Putin would be tied to a post and eaten by hungry dogs. He needs to suffer badly. The best thing that can happen is a Russian higher up will put one in his head and try to resolve this injustice. Unfortunately Putin has eliminated everyone that is not 100% loyal to him.
View All Quotes

War is an utterly horrible thing and it is ok to realize the tragic nature of it for both sides. I want Ukraine to win and I want them to win handily. I want them to kill only the amount needed to complete that task.  I would love it if they could win it without hurting one more person alas that is not how this works.  I will mourn everyone lost after the war.  Until then I cheer on the Ukrainians and hope this ends quickly.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 9:33:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Zhukov:
I've watched several video by this group and they're pretty interesting, this one in particular:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9PgRHmnBGE

Watch the first 5 minutes and then wrap your head around the fact that in this society, no one - well, very few - actually can say what they think. Almost every single one of those kids knows better than to say anything controversial. Think about our society and where no one has any problems spouting off whatever they think. That should give you an idea that it's a little bit different when you're used to living under an authoritarian regime. You just keep your mouth shut. In countless other videos, you'll hear "I have no idea about any of that" or "I'm not a politician...".

Sad...
View Quote

"Gentlemen, comrades, do not be concerned about all you hear about Glasnost and Perestroika and democracy in the coming years. They are primarily for outward consumption. There will be no significant internal changes in the Soviet Union, other than for cosmetic purposes. Our purpose is to disarm the Americans and let them fall asleep. We want to accomplish three things:

One, we want the Americans to withdraw conventional forces from Europe. Two, we want them to withdraw nuclear forces from Europe. Three, we want the Americans to stop proceeding with Strategic Defense Initiative."

- Mikhail Gorbachev (1931- ) General Secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, the last head of state of the USSR (1985-1991) Date: November 1987 Source: speech to the Soviet Politburo, November 1987

I read that quote on a radio show interview in 1990 when I was a guest to speak about Russia moving toward "democracy". Many listeners called in and made excuses for Gorbachev and accused me of being a warmonger who didnt want to accept that Russia was going to become "just like everyone else".

One of the biggest lies America was fed was that Reagan defeated communism and that communism was dead. Yet, 32 years later and after what we have been witnessing, there are dozens of comments here on this thread by people who want to convince others that Putin (who praises communism for decades and even wants to bring back the city name Stalingrad) is no longer a communist.  Amazing...
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 9:35:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Cypher15:
War is an utterly horrible thing and it is ok to realize the tragic nature of it for both sides. I want Ukraine to win and I want them to win handily. I want them to kill only the amount needed to complete that task.  I would love it if they could win it without hurting one more person alas that is not how this works.  I will mourn everyone lost after the war.  Until then I cheer on the Ukrainians and hope this ends quickly.
View Quote

Well said. At this point I would be happy if it doesn't end with chemical weapons or nuclear fire.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 9:36:55 PM EDT
[#17]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/1818/C28540D6-2860-4E4A-AC15-E8EC9264E568_png-2327428.JPG
View Quote

Fuck that guy

Link Posted: 3/26/2022 9:36:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
BOOM!

View Quote

WTF???
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 9:40:03 PM EDT
[#19]

View Quote
The british left us a nice stockpile of weapons and powder to use against them. All it takes is the collective will to turn your tank towards moscow
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 9:46:47 PM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes

It’s possible to feel sympathy, compassion, and understanding for the enemy you are fighting. Great men do find a way to balance righteousness and viciousness. The nature of war is an insanity, it’s cruel, unfair, unforgiving, and filled with making terrible choices.  Without peace being negotiated, the only other path to peace is ruthless violence to assure your people are victorious.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 9:50:34 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

Yep, Navalny is a globalist supported by Soros. That's the problem with replacing Putin - how do we get an anti-globalist for a replacement? Soros must be giggling with glee at his current prospects.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 9:55:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By sq40:

A lot of us Turkey hunters wear a hanging butt pad off our vests.  Makes sitting in the woods for hours much more comfortable.

https://d1x9a8onyzyjg4.cloudfront.net/2b95-67574757-ALPS%20OutdoorZ_ME_SL_3.jpg?versionId=4we2QgchGbRtqCjWsflIF5ypFYqoDehL

https://www.wideopenspaces.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/turkeyhuntingvest3.jpg
View Quote

This.

I freaking love mine.

Also helps with surprise fire ant mounds at the base of a tree.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 10:00:08 PM EDT
[#23]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_18iqRI9YtM
View Quote

Side note: Those are some ugly ass firearms in that video.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 10:03:46 PM EDT
[#24]
BOOM!

View Quote

LOL.

Link Posted: 3/26/2022 10:04:32 PM EDT
[#25]
A Polish site interviews a volunteer fighter in Ukraine: part 1 Part 2
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 10:08:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Senoj:
Dumb question:

I'm a lot of videos I'm seeing UKR soldiers wearing butt pads on the back of their LBE.  Are those just foam pads for comfort when sitting?

Never seen that before, it appears genius.  Curious where that idea came from?
View Quote

They got the idea from the 80s London punk scene.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 10:10:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 10:11:01 PM EDT
[#28]
BOOM.  Overkill.

Link Posted: 3/26/2022 10:12:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:

Hopefully the Ukranians treated the POWs well so they'll go back and tell their boys, "yo, they gave me food, some hot tea, and a place to sleep. Surrendering is better than fighting and dying!"
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:

Hopefully the Ukranians treated the POWs well so they'll go back and tell their boys, "yo, they gave me food, some hot tea, and a place to sleep. Surrendering is better than fighting and dying!"

This needs to be remembered again, and again, and again. Keep security on them and try to follow the 5S rules, but otherwise be decent and let the results speak for themselves. More effective than any form of propaganda or abuse.

Babushka can bring tea while armed security remains in the room. All this chest beating talk is completely counter productive, counter to past historical experience, and counter to human nature.

The Ukr's are hurting their own cause by showing these poor bastards piled into the back of a minivan. Our leadership needs to communicate to theirs and put a halt to that shit. If they are lacking resources to handle EPWs that needs to be worked out among NATO members to take that off of Ukraine's plate.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 10:18:11 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

Ahh, the good ol' regime change. A superb plan. Because none of the regime changes we've been involved in have led to a complete disaster. By all means, let's try that same time-tested approach with a nuclear power and see how it works out.

Anything that Brennan and his ilk support, I vehemently oppose. Not sure if everyone here is cheering for the right team, to be honest.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 10:18:45 PM EDT
[#31]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_18iqRI9YtM
View Quote

Somebody gave biden a pretty freakin good speech. Thought that part about saying that putin can't remain in power was way too ambiguous. But it would be better if the guy speaking didn't seem like he's 100 years old. I think biden is doing more or less acceptable for somebody who is confused as often as not. All he has to do is be the figure head and allow himself to be swept along with the current of the world.(and not say stupid shit)
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 10:19:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: aeroworksxp] [#32]

This needs to be remembered again, and again, and again. Keep security on them and try to follow the 5S rules, but otherwise be decent and let the results speak for themselves. More effective than any form of propaganda or abuse.

Babushka can bring tea while armed security remains in the room. All this chest beating talk is completely counter productive, counter to past historical experience, and counter to human nature.

The Ukr's are hurting their own cause by showing these poor bastards piled into the back of a minivan. Our leadership needs to communicate to theirs and put a halt to that shit. If they are lacking resources to handle EPWs that needs to be worked out among NATO members to take that off of Ukraine's plate.
View Quote

I guarantee they threw gas on them and threw in a match after those photos. They stacked them like wood in that cement room.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 10:19:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cchurchi] [#33]

View All Quotes

Too bad their mothers never told them to not be rapists, murders, and invaders of other peoples homes.  Now they're going to die in agony (hopefully).
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 10:24:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By AlchemyPhD:

Ahh, the good ol' regime change. A superb plan. Because none of the regime changes we've been involved in have led to a complete disaster. By all means, let's try that same time-tested approach with a nuclear power and see how it works out.

Anything that Brennan and his ilk support, I vehemently oppose. Not sure if everyone here is cheering for the right team, to be honest.
View Quote

I think the russian government may have slammed the door closed again just before the people behind the iron curtain really had time to realize what life could be like if they were willing to fight for it. They have not yet really understood what it is that is worth dying for. Words like liberty and freedom. They were starting to get close. SLAM.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 10:25:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By aeroworksxp:
BOOM.  Overkill.

View Quote

So Russia is taking out SAMs while Ukraine is taking back real estate?

Not sure that's how you win wars

Or whatever
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 10:26:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 10:27:19 PM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/26/2022 10:29:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ServusVeritatis] [#38]

View All Quotes

So there is a right team in this huh? Let me guess  its Russia? Ok…..
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 10:30:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

So Russia is taking out SAMs while Ukraine is taking back real estate?

Not sure that's how you win wars

Or whatever
View Quote

It is if you end up having no air defense
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 10:31:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

I think the russian government may have slammed the door closed again just before the people behind the iron curtain really had time to realize what life could be like if they were willing to fight for it. They have not yet really understood what it is that is worth dying for. Words like liberty and freedom. They were starting to get close. SLAM.
View Quote

I'm old enough to remember when we spent 20 years replacing the taliban with the taliban.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 10:32:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By cryo_tech:

It is if you end up having no air defense
View Quote

I think the world is starting to get sick of Ukraine fighting valiantly only to be hit with missiles from another country when they can't defend and can't respond.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 10:34:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

View Quote

When someone asks why gun rights are important, I point out the situation in Russia. The country went from at least some semblance of a constitutional democracy to a full-blown dictatorship in just a little over a decade. It can happen faster than people think if the people do not have the ability to resist.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 10:36:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MarkNH] [#43]
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 10:42:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Great thread and a topic just getting covered about Izyum and OSINT satellite imagery just coming out showing Russian positions and movements:

View Quote

I hate seeing Russian units with the freedom of movement to just cruise down the roads unopposed.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 10:52:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlchemyPhD] [#45]
Originally Posted By kncook:

View Quote

I don't want to see Ukraine get brutalized any more than you do, but I believe that a Russian loss (especially with NATO involvement) would have far worse consequences for the rest of the world than Ukraine being swallowed up by Russia. I don't see Russia leaving quietly. Look no further than Medvedev's recent statements about the use of nuclear weapons. Could be a bluff, but are we prepared to call it? To me that's an unacceptable risk over Ukraine.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 10:56:33 PM EDT
[#46]

I don't want to see Ukraine get brutalized any more than you do, but I believe that a Russian loss (especially with NATO involvement) would have far worse consequences for the rest of the world than Ukraine being swallowed up by Russia. I don't see Russia leaving quietly. Look no further than Medvedev's recent statements about the use of nuclear weapons. Could be a bluff, but are we prepared to call it? To me that's an unacceptable risk over Ukraine.
View Quote

we are already calling it
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 10:57:49 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

Are you promising peace for our time if we allow it?
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 10:59:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 10:59:50 PM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

So there is a right team in this huh? Let me guess  its Russia? Ok..

Oh, well I guess Ukraine should just surrender then, right?
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 11:01:46 PM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes

Got to call it at some point. Especially when they literily said “you’re next” to Poland.

I 100% believe Poland would attack Russia if Ukraine collapsed to Russia rule.
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1331 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top