Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1336 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/27/2022 5:39:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Based on their armbands they are Ukrainian separatists - white armbands (AKA) traitors to their own country. What is the penalty for treason? What should it be if you are killing your own civilian countrymen?
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 5:43:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Freiheit8472] [#2]
This was just posted to Ukrainian telegram. This was made right after the knee caping vid. So this may lend credence to it being real?

ETA: Haven’t seen the first video pop up on Ukrainian group yet.

“Another crawled and ran to captivity. Our subdivisions are actively replenishing the exchange fund. 🇺🇦 YURIY MISYAGIN”

Telegram
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 5:44:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 5:56:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Russian drones are wreaking havoc, I've seen so many new videos posted today.

Telegram Link - Be warned its pro-russina.

The hidden position of the 203 mm self-propelled artillery system of the Armed Forces of Ukraine was discovered by UAV operators, after which high-precision missile weapons were struck at the indicated coordinates.

As a result of an accurate hit, the self-propelled artillery mount and the portable ammunition for it were destroyed.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 5:59:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Southsideshooter:
Russia POW's only slow you down, slice them and let them bleed out. Save your ammo and move on with the battle. After what they have done to civilians,  fuck them, kill them and let them die slowly. No fucks given!
View Quote

Lol
Thank God the "tough guys" aren't in charge.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 6:04:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:

Fuck Ukraine?

I wonder if you'd be so forgiving after getting to see your grandma's and grandpa's faces turned into red paste.

Click To View Spoiler

How does that make you feel Mr. Active Duty Soldier?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:
Originally Posted By TheResurrector:

Yep. As an Active Duty Soldier, I picture someone doing this to me after I am captured. Fuck Ukraine. I hope they all die.

Fuck Ukraine?

I wonder if you'd be so forgiving after getting to see your grandma's and grandpa's faces turned into red paste.

Click To View Spoiler

How does that make you feel Mr. Active Duty Soldier?

The excuses made 500 pages ago about why this old couple were lit up were absolutely pathetic.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 6:12:19 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm withholding judgment on the POW video until info comes out as per my SOP with any domestic video used to spark outrage. The only source I see on my Twit feed is pro-Russian, which raises questions.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 6:32:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By TheLurker:

Well, that was a bit awkward
View Quote

He just be the Russian joe biden?
Stand up, Chuck!
Stand up, Chuck!
Oh god love ya, everyone stand up for Chuck
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 6:48:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Kokodude:
Putin's real weapons aren't nuclear. He has the dirt on many Western political and business leaders.
I'm sure many of them worked directly with his regime at one point or another.
Money has changed hands, favors were done, secrets were kept.
If peace happens it will be negotiated in a backroom by players that we'll never know existed.
There's a world that lives outside of our perceived reality. This is what Putin is threatening to expose.
View Quote

The F***ed up press want report it or push the issue.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 6:55:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By M-1975:
I'm withholding judgment on the POW video until info comes out as per my SOP with any domestic video used to spark outrage. The only source I see on my Twit feed is pro-Russian, which raises questions.
View Quote

More likely to be Russia propaganda. Would not doubt for a second they would round up a few deserters and shoot them. I have my doubts ukr would do this and then release multiple vids.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 7:08:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Putin's real weapons aren't nuclear. He has the dirt on many Western political and business leaders.
If peace happens it will be negotiated in a backroom by players that we'll never know existed.
There's a world that lives outside of our perceived reality. This is what Putin is threatening to expose.
View Quote

Maybe....

If there was ever a time that the secrets of the rich and powerful were exposed, I'm guessing it would have been a couple weeks ago.

Seriously, what's he waiting for?
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 7:13:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By NHTriumph:

Maybe....

If there was ever a time that the secrets of the rich and powerful were exposed, I'm guessing it would have been a couple weeks ago.

View All Quotes

Maybe....

Let’s not get all Q-tarded.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 7:16:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By marcus5819:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By marcus5819:

Conspiracy shit done by people we don't even know exist...well...except for a few GD posters lmao
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 7:30:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By mercersfinest4:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mercersfinest4:

Maybe....

I'm the opposite of a Q-tard.

Just like when Putin threatened to spill the beans on 9-11. I think it's all horseshit.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 7:34:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Third_Rail:

The Russian government can absolutely be that delusional. I won't be particularly surprised if they double down in such a manner.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Third_Rail:
Originally Posted By agillig:
They can't be that delusional...can they?

"Russia may conduct a full-scale offensive on Poland, the Baltic states & Kazakhstan as part of a global military special operation on demilitarization & denazification," - Russian MP Sergei Savostyanov.

The Russians have lost their minds. pic.twitter.com/grqGQsG0NB Visegrd 24 (@visegrad24) March 26, 2022 " class="tweet">

The Russian government can absolutely be that delusional. I won't be particularly surprised if they double down in such a manner.
I have zero doubt that they want to.

IMO, it's an intimidation tactic to get those countries to dial back support. To those countries I say: every Russian you help kill in Ukraine is one less Russian you'll have to kill on your own soil.

Link Posted: 3/27/2022 7:40:23 AM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

Get the fuck out with this shit. Clown shoes man.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 7:43:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By TheLurker:

Well, that was a bit awkward
View Quote
Stand up Chuck! Oh... everyone stand up for Chuck,

Link Posted: 3/27/2022 7:49:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Zam18th] [#18]
View Quote

Smart policy. How would that video originate from the Russian side? From the Ukrainian side why the fuck would you record a war crime, let alone upload it? Further, what are separatists doing up in Kharkiv. There are enough questions to hold off on the outrage.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 7:52:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By x248716x:

Trump visited Afghanistan in 2019, Thanksgiving.
View Quote
And WALKED across the border to a country we are at war with.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 8:04:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Zam18th:

Smart policy. How would that video originate from the Russian side? From the Ukrainian side why the fuck would you record a war crime, let alone upload it? Further, what are separatists doing up in Kharkiv. There are enough questions to hold off on the outrage.  
View All Quotes

the Tik-Tok, instagram generation is universal, knows no bounds.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 8:06:28 AM EDT
[#21]

IMO, it's an intimidation tactic to get those countries to dial back support. To those countries I say: every Russian you help kill in Ukraine is one less Russian you'll have to kill on your own soil.

View Quote

There are several possibilities as to why he would attack Poland or the Baltics: nothing to lose,escalate to deescalate,preferring to lose to NATO than Ukraine. Anything that could provoke NATO into a reaction and allow a reframing back to “I told you NATO was going to attack us” allows him to not be seen as a loser by nationalists.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 8:07:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By vicpro2:
I'm just here to read the new posts about how shooting POWs is actually totally acceptable, and in fact, practically commendable behavior from heroes.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 8:10:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 8:10:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By outofbattery:

There are several possibilities as to why he would attack Poland or the Baltics: nothing to lose,escalate to deescalate,preferring to lose to NATO than Ukraine. Anything that could provoke NATO into a reaction and allow a reframing back to “I told you NATO was going to attack us” allows him to not be seen as a loser by nationalists.
View All Quotes

This has been my fear too, but I think the glimmer of hope is the "lol we didn't want Kiev anyway, it was just a prank bro, we only want Donbas" bullshit...
Let's hope anyway.

I'm in Warsaw right now listening for the sound of shitty Russian cruise missiles 😂
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 8:10:56 AM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

Why would a Ukrainian take a video of it?

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Because stupid people occasionally like to document stupid things,even in the modern age when they should very much know better.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 8:12:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By NunyaBidness:
I could party with that guy.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NunyaBidness:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/03/18/ukraine-military-aid-shipments/

This fellow whose video was posted a few times

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/E5C65D85-5ED4-4992-9B98-1D72A253B3FB_jpe-2326570.JPG

has a small political party
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/465A9449-2BE0-4999-B9FD-1666C3FB6092_jpe-2326576.JPG

of freedom lovers
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/DA825D74-738E-4EBE-BD15-D3C1C79BCF10_jpe-2326578.JPG

I could party with that guy.

Maybe you missed the part of the video where he was destroying alcohol because of martial law?
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 8:13:33 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

This has been my fear too, but I think the glimmer of hope is the "lol we didn't want Kiev anyway, it was just a prank bro, we only want Donbas" bullshit...
Let's hope anyway.

I'm in Warsaw right now listening for the sound of shitty Russian cruise missiles 😂
View Quote

I’m leaning towards this ending similarly to the Sino-Viet War, the Russians will declare ”victory” and pull back to Donbas and Luhansk.

They have no hope of occupying much more than that.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 8:17:49 AM EDT
[#28]
Im so jealous.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 8:18:27 AM EDT
[#29]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/F4016CA3-5CF9-4A4B-952F-C29E754DB771_jpe-2327774.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/6FB3C038-695D-48FD-B6F0-CFF3AB367AAF_jpe-2327775.JPG

Because stupid people occasionally like to document stupid things,even in the modern age when they should very much know better.
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/F4016CA3-5CF9-4A4B-952F-C29E754DB771_jpe-2327774.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/6FB3C038-695D-48FD-B6F0-CFF3AB367AAF_jpe-2327775.JPG

My issue is how did it get in the possession of a pro-Russia social media account?

I'm waiting on more info, though even if legit, it doesn't change my overall opinion on the war.

Link Posted: 3/27/2022 8:21:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By dillydilly:

Ya it’s sucks but I think your reaction regarding Ukraine is a wee bit over the top…
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dillydilly:

Yep. As an Active Duty Soldier, I picture someone doing this to me after I am captured. Fuck Ukraine. I hope they all die.

Ya it’s sucks but I think your reaction regarding Ukraine is a wee bit over the top…

He never said he was an American Soldier.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 8:22:11 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 8:27:06 AM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

What’s your  MOS?
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 8:27:35 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By MarkNH:

The 1st Guards Tank Army is (was) the most elite Russian Army.

ETA: 2019 story about him

Here's What You Need to Know: Tanks may differ across nations, but not the challenges of modern armored warfare.

Which tank does Russia love most?

Russia operates a variety of tanks, including the T-72, T-80 and T-90. In an interview with the military newspaper Red Star [English translation here], Major General Sergey Kisel, commander of the First Guards Tank Army, offered his assessment of the various tanks operated by his unit.

Kisel should know. The First Guard Tanks Army is arguably the most famous Russian armored formation, spearheading the Red Army’s drive to Berlin in 1945. Disbanded in 1998, it was reactivated in 2016 in western Russia, where it would in the forefront of a conflict with NATO.

The workhorse of the First Guards Tank Army is the T-72B3, which Kisel described as “a reliable tank.” An upgraded version of the venerable Cold War T-72, the fifty-ton T-72B3 has better armor, thermal imaging sensors and improved fire control. “Our main battle tank, the T-72B3, possesses sufficient specifications to detect and destroy any enemy on the battlefield,” said Kisel. “Their electronics make it possible significantly to enhance the accuracy of hitting targets.”

“It differs from foreign models in that it is far smaller - which makes it less vulnerable,” he added. “At the same time, it has a faster rate of fire and possesses good marching capabilities.”

In contrast, the forty-six-ton T-80 is the racehorse built for mobility. As with the U.S. M-1 Abrams, the gas-turbine engine on the T-80 has been panned for being a fuel guzzler. But the T-80BV and T-80U “have gotten a good name for themselves,” says Kisel, who notes that the T-80 was originally developed as a breakthrough tank and can reach a speed of 90 kilometers per hour [56 miles per hour].”

“The armament system on the T-80BV is the same as on the T-72B3 and the T-90,” he adds. “A special feature of the T-80BV is that this tank is capable of operating at low temperatures. Its gas turbine engine, whose design does not provide for a cooling liquid, is undemanding in frosts. The T-80BV and the T-80U are distinguished by unique marching specifications and are capable of covering large distances in a short space of time.

Kisel did not have as much to say about the T-90, other than that the 1st Guards Tank Army has “subunits with T-90 tanks that differ fundamentally from other vehicles in terms of the degree of protection for the crew, the long firing range, and more powerful engine.” Essentially a heavily modernized T-72, the fifty-one-ton T-90 is equipped with the Shtora defensive countermeasures system and explosive reactive armor to deflect anti-tank weapons. Its 125-millimeter 2A46M smoothbore cannon can fire both conventional shells and AT-11 Sniper anti-tank guided missiles.

What’s also interesting are Kisel’s observations on tank warfare. Tanks may differ across nations, but not the challenges of modern armored warfare. When asked by Red Star about the impact of technologies such as drones, robot vehicles and computerized systems, Kisel’s observation could have been uttered by an American or Israeli commander.

“The introduction of increasingly complex technical systems requires constant raising of the servicemen’s level of knowledge and combat training. Thus, a tankman is obliged to have thorough knowledge of hardware, ballistics, and the special features of modern combined-arms combat, which has become exponentially more complex in recent decades. Today demands are made of a tank commander that at one time were made of commanders of large subunits.”
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MarkNH:
Originally Posted By lorazepam:
Originally Posted By HIPPO:

The 1st Guards Tank Army is (was) the most elite Russian Army.

ETA: 2019 story about him

Here's What You Need to Know: Tanks may differ across nations, but not the challenges of modern armored warfare.

Which tank does Russia love most?

Russia operates a variety of tanks, including the T-72, T-80 and T-90. In an interview with the military newspaper Red Star [English translation here], Major General Sergey Kisel, commander of the First Guards Tank Army, offered his assessment of the various tanks operated by his unit.

Kisel should know. The First Guard Tanks Army is arguably the most famous Russian armored formation, spearheading the Red Army’s drive to Berlin in 1945. Disbanded in 1998, it was reactivated in 2016 in western Russia, where it would in the forefront of a conflict with NATO.

The workhorse of the First Guards Tank Army is the T-72B3, which Kisel described as “a reliable tank.” An upgraded version of the venerable Cold War T-72, the fifty-ton T-72B3 has better armor, thermal imaging sensors and improved fire control. “Our main battle tank, the T-72B3, possesses sufficient specifications to detect and destroy any enemy on the battlefield,” said Kisel. “Their electronics make it possible significantly to enhance the accuracy of hitting targets.”

“It differs from foreign models in that it is far smaller - which makes it less vulnerable,” he added. “At the same time, it has a faster rate of fire and possesses good marching capabilities.”

In contrast, the forty-six-ton T-80 is the racehorse built for mobility. As with the U.S. M-1 Abrams, the gas-turbine engine on the T-80 has been panned for being a fuel guzzler. But the T-80BV and T-80U “have gotten a good name for themselves,” says Kisel, who notes that the T-80 was originally developed as a breakthrough tank and can reach a speed of 90 kilometers per hour [56 miles per hour].”

“The armament system on the T-80BV is the same as on the T-72B3 and the T-90,” he adds. “A special feature of the T-80BV is that this tank is capable of operating at low temperatures. Its gas turbine engine, whose design does not provide for a cooling liquid, is undemanding in frosts. The T-80BV and the T-80U are distinguished by unique marching specifications and are capable of covering large distances in a short space of time.

Kisel did not have as much to say about the T-90, other than that the 1st Guards Tank Army has “subunits with T-90 tanks that differ fundamentally from other vehicles in terms of the degree of protection for the crew, the long firing range, and more powerful engine.” Essentially a heavily modernized T-72, the fifty-one-ton T-90 is equipped with the Shtora defensive countermeasures system and explosive reactive armor to deflect anti-tank weapons. Its 125-millimeter 2A46M smoothbore cannon can fire both conventional shells and AT-11 Sniper anti-tank guided missiles.

What’s also interesting are Kisel’s observations on tank warfare. Tanks may differ across nations, but not the challenges of modern armored warfare. When asked by Red Star about the impact of technologies such as drones, robot vehicles and computerized systems, Kisel’s observation could have been uttered by an American or Israeli commander.

“The introduction of increasingly complex technical systems requires constant raising of the servicemen’s level of knowledge and combat training. Thus, a tankman is obliged to have thorough knowledge of hardware, ballistics, and the special features of modern combined-arms combat, which has become exponentially more complex in recent decades. Today demands are made of a tank commander that at one time were made of commanders of large subunits.”

That is a very significant blow to Russia.  Catastrophe.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 8:30:38 AM EDT
[#34]
I think people are forgetting Ukraine is only slightly removed from Russia. There are still statues and busts of Lenin and Stalin in Ukrainian cities and towns. Really no better than 3rd world savages. The kneecapping video proves they can be just as evil.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 8:31:29 AM EDT
[#35]
Are we really pretending Russia isn't intentionally targeting civilians, deporting the population, and raping everything in sight?  Awful lot of CONCERN for these monsters.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 8:32:23 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Vengeance6661:
I think people are forgetting Ukraine is only slightly removed from Russia. There are still statues and busts of Lenin and Stalin in Ukrainian cities and towns. Really no better than 3rd world savages. The kneecapping video proves they can be just as evil.
View Quote

There's Soviet monuments all over the 2nd world.
Meaningless.
Are they all 3rd world savages too? Have you visited?
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 8:33:58 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By agillig:
Are we really pretending Russia isn't intentionally targeting civilians, deporting the population, and raping everything in sight?  Awful lot of CONCERN for these monsters.
View Quote

I'm not.

Fuck those limping for life assholes.

Link Posted: 3/27/2022 8:34:10 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 8:34:17 AM EDT
[#39]

Meaningless.
View Quote

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statue_of_Lenin_(Seattle)

Link Posted: 3/27/2022 8:35:52 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By xmission:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d6/Statue_of_Lenin_Seattle.jpg

View All Quotes

Meaningless.

Big oof
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 8:42:48 AM EDT
[#41]

Wow, Russia couldn't have made a better propaganda film than this. So much for the Ukrainians having the moral high ground.
View Quote

Those are Ukrainians.

Separatists.

Link Posted: 3/27/2022 8:43:28 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By AlchemyPhD:

So the solution to avoid a future nuclear conflict.. is to push Russia to the brink and provoke a nuclear conflict? I understand your logic about appeasement, but when dealing with a nuclear power, we have to be more on the risk-averse side when weighing these things. I'm sure the same can be said for Russia, which is why I don't believe they will ever go after NATO. The risk is just too great. The historical precedents from before we had nukes are not directly applicable today.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AlchemyPhD:
Originally Posted By Bizzarolibe:

The problem occurs when you then extend this logic out to its rational conclusion. Countries would fall one by one, and the rest of the world would let it happen to avoid nuclear war. Where does it end?

At some point, you simply can’t kick that can any further.

So the solution to avoid a future nuclear conflict.. is to push Russia to the brink and provoke a nuclear conflict? I understand your logic about appeasement, but when dealing with a nuclear power, we have to be more on the risk-averse side when weighing these things. I'm sure the same can be said for Russia, which is why I don't believe they will ever go after NATO. The risk is just too great. The historical precedents from before we had nukes are not directly applicable today.

It’s apparent that Russian military capabilities are not anywhere near where everyone assumed they were.  There has been analysis on their nuclear arms budget and ability to maintain their arsenal, and it is likely in similar states of disrepair.  

The west’s technology and capabilities are therefore far superior in every way, and push comes to shove, a nuclear conflict will end Russia, and the west at large will survive.   It’s Russia that should be afraid, and we should be dictating terms.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 8:45:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: solid] [#43]

View All Quotes

Meaningless.

Disgraceful. Needs more application of John Deere technology.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 8:47:23 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

Camo pattern and armbands?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:
Originally Posted By sarge38624:

How do we tell who are the Russians and who are the Ukranians in that one??

Camo pattern and armbands?

When the big boog comes, our armbands will be multicam.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 8:47:36 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Dagger41:
View Quote

That image:

This reply:

Link Posted: 3/27/2022 8:53:07 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Cincinnatus:

From what I’m hearing, the Russians are torturing captured Ukrainians and the Ukrainians are torturing captured Russians.

War is Hell
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Cincinnatus:
Originally Posted By Climbmadone:

More likely to be Russia propaganda. Would not doubt for a second they would round up a few deserters and shoot them. I have my doubts ukr would do this and then release multiple vids.

From what I’m hearing, the Russians are torturing captured Ukrainians and the Ukrainians are torturing captured Russians.

War is Hell

I think the kiddie-gloves “Global War on Terror” has altered the perception of a country in TOTAL WAR with a peer force as we are seeing.

War is brutal and this is fairly normal when you take a deep breath and realizes it’s not two 1700s English gentlemen in a dual.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 8:57:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ServusVeritatis] [#47]
Think about the internet/cell phones and what they would have recorded in WW2 committed by our “greatest generation” (LT Ronald Spiers for example). There are also open stories in the Pacific and vets talk freely of shooting and bayoneting injured Japanese as they didn’t want the risk of a fake/trick attack. Almost all of us shrug that “war crime” off today as “sensible”. Context matters.

War is hell. Can’t take prisoners. Then what happens when you capture someone who showed your friends no mercy, or worse….we’re willingly killing civilians (which the World knows the Russians are doing). The UN isnt going to go arrest these guys and try them. This is it.

It’s well recorded by words and stories.

Extra-judicial and “field sentences” have been carried out forever. Only in the last 80yr have we worried about “sternly worded letters and international criminal courts”.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 8:57:56 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Freiheit8472:

Just doing clerical work to link to source (Rus as op mentioned):

Telegram link
“There was a video where Ukrainians treat prisoners with particular cruelty. All unarmed soldiers were shot in the legs. In the footage, they are not even given medical care. Most likely, the action takes place at one of the bases of the "territorial defense" militants in the Kharkiv region.”
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By slapdaddy:
Don't know how long this one will be up.

I'm posting this mostly for the romantics that think this shit is so cool.  It's not, and this is how bad things are getting.  The laws of land warfare we pretend to care about so much, mean next to nothing when two sides hate each other this much.

This is what it comes to.  Draw whatever conclusion you like.

Kid gloves are off

Telegram link
“There was a video where Ukrainians treat prisoners with particular cruelty. All unarmed soldiers were shot in the legs. In the footage, they are not even given medical care. Most likely, the action takes place at one of the bases of the "territorial defense" militants in the Kharkiv region.”

Guess if you don't want POW's treated like this, you shouldn't do RUS army things. Like kill families, bomb children's hospitals, shelters, and shoot civillians intentionally while intentionally shelling civillian areas.

Oh well. POW's that can't walk again, can't fight again, can they?

"Because we live here".
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 9:01:31 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By boltcatch:

You're either a shill or lack any and all historical perspective.

Filming it is stupid and doing it is likely counterproductive, but if I felt that kneecapping a bunch of invading jackasses whose people had genocided mine and/or ethnically cleansed my peoples' areas within living memory was an effective thing to do in order to get them to stop MLRS-ing my civilians, I would kneecap them all fucking day long for as long as it took.

I would think the majority of them who are conscripts and don't want to be there don't deserve this, but deserve really has nothing to do with it.   What is happening is far outside the laws of land warfare - Russia left those behind in a hurry and can't reasonably expect such protections.   If UA wants to deal with it, that's their business.

I see a lot of westerners throwing around stupid talking points and failing to understand the magnitude of what happened in that part of the world in the last century or so, and what sort of fight these people are in.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By boltcatch:
Originally Posted By NEXT23:
Originally Posted By Pickles:

UA are kneecapping RU and killing them.

Stupid.

You're either a shill or lack any and all historical perspective.

Filming it is stupid and doing it is likely counterproductive, but if I felt that kneecapping a bunch of invading jackasses whose people had genocided mine and/or ethnically cleansed my peoples' areas within living memory was an effective thing to do in order to get them to stop MLRS-ing my civilians, I would kneecap them all fucking day long for as long as it took.

I would think the majority of them who are conscripts and don't want to be there don't deserve this, but deserve really has nothing to do with it.   What is happening is far outside the laws of land warfare - Russia left those behind in a hurry and can't reasonably expect such protections.   If UA wants to deal with it, that's their business.

I see a lot of westerners throwing around stupid talking points and failing to understand the magnitude of what happened in that part of the world in the last century or so, and what sort of fight these people are in.

Let's see people say "fuck ukraine for this I hope they all die" when it's their family dead in the street or bombed in a shelter by some ape orc army.   This is what happens when you invade someone's homeland, kill people at every opportunity, are basically a terror army. TYhis is going to get even more brutal the more this drags on.

orcs are orcs. The worst part about this is now they can't move on their own and become a problem. Maybe these guys were an arty unit? Maybe they shot up civillians? Maybe this was around Kherson where they were shooting civilians?
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 9:02:13 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By cryo_tech:

Guess if you don't want POW's treated like this, you shouldn't do RUS army things. Like kill families, bomb children's hospitals, shelters, and shoot civillians intentionally while intentionally shelling civillian areas.

"Because we live here".
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cryo_tech:
Originally Posted By slapdaddy:
Don't know how long this one will be up.

I'm posting this mostly for the romantics that think this shit is so cool.  It's not, and this is how bad things are getting.  The laws of land warfare we pretend to care about so much, mean next to nothing when two sides hate each other this much.

This is what it comes to.  Draw whatever conclusion you like.

Kid gloves are off

Telegram link

"Because we live here".

I like how it's been explained to you multiple times over the last thousand pages why this is a retarded stance and you always ignore it and keep posting the same shit.
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1336 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top