Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1395 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/31/2022 3:48:52 PM EDT
[#1]
We do this yet?

Link Posted: 3/31/2022 3:50:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dracster] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GTLandser:

I am normally pretty good at AFVID, but what the heck is this one?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dracster:
"Another column of Russian occupiers was destroyed in Chernihiv region.
It is equally painful to retreat and advance. Uninvited "guests" probably didn't know about it either.
Let's win together!"

(A couple of these pics may be retreads)

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-03-31_14-29-25_jpg-2332935.JPG

I am normally pretty good at AFVID, but what the heck is this one?

MT-LBu

Link Posted: 3/31/2022 3:52:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By realwar:
Biden blames COVID and Putin for soaring gas prices, admits it's 'hard to tell' when they'll go down and says Americans will save $80 a month if they buy an electric car as he unveils plan to reduce pain at the pumps

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/03/31/06/56037315-10670871-image-a-50_1648705370475.jpg

More
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/31/2022 3:53:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Bassgasm:
We do this yet?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FPHPCt8XEBIG2VE?format=jpg&name=900x900
View Quote

Putin sure loves them smart fellers don't he?
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 3:56:23 PM EDT
[#5]

So it arms by spinning up the little silver thing in the back?

I thought RKGs were a "pull pin and throw" deal?

Some brave dudes who tested out that different arming scheme.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 4:01:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By broken_reticle:

There are some reports that DJI is helping Russia with finding the operators.  "DJI Aeroscope" is the name of the tech.

https://dronexl.co/2022/03/16/risk-of-flying-a-dji-drone-in-ukraine/
View Quote

What else else would you expect from like minded commie scum?
DJI makes nice stuff.  But they are communist filth.  
I have a older Mavic and it’s nice, but will never buy their products again.  
I do have other quads mostly unbuilt that do not have any of the tracking and following that DJI is known for
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 4:04:26 PM EDT
[#7]
British soldiers pack thousands of helmets and equipment for Ukrainian troops

British soldiers pack thousands of helmets and equipment for Ukrainian troops
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 4:04:35 PM EDT
[#8]
We do this yet?

View Quote

Every time I see that amish looking fuck I want to punch my computer screen.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 4:08:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
What's the spinny blade do?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
What's the spinny blade do?

Probably an arming device so it doesn't explode when it's not supposed to. Wind turns the little rotor arming it.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 4:08:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By sq40:
@EESmith

I haven't seen an update about your medical supply trip, how are things?
View Quote

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Operation-Wheatfox-EESmith-hand-carries-Med-Gear-to-Ukraine-Striker-approved-fundraiser-MET/5-2534806/?page=6
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 4:08:21 PM EDT
[#11]
We do this yet?

View Quote

what a fag.....
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 4:08:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: elcope] [#12]
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 4:09:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:
View Quote

I know someone that may have once shot a blinking light with a 7mag.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 4:12:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheLurker] [#14]

Apparently a fresh call for 🇺🇸 citizens to leave ua and ru as Russia detaining them as suspected spies.

Are other western nations making the same call today too that anyone has seen?
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 4:14:08 PM EDT
[#15]

So it arms by spinning up the little silver thing in the back?

I thought RKGs were a "pull pin and throw" deal?

Some brave dudes who tested out that different arming scheme.
View Quote

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe I read that the old grenades deployed a small chute to orient it and the pull from it armed the grenade.

Link Posted: 3/31/2022 4:20:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 4:22:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 4:23:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 4:24:46 PM EDT
[#20]

New toy for western intel to play with incoming
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 4:27:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By JQ66:

The US/bidet is slow walking any military and monetary assistance to Ukraine
The leaders in charge of Ukraine now are not the corrupt ones he and FBHO along with Russian got installed a decade ago
The more gets wrecked over there, the less of a trail there will be to confiscate all the money they helped steal.   That may be one motive.   I see him as also being resentful of someone like Zelenskyy becoming far more popular and respected than he would ever be.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SCvARminter:
Gen. Jack Keane: Biden admin doesn't want Putin to lose

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EGtybmCBuE

Not sure about that, but I guarantee you he doesn't want the war to end anytime soon. Globalism is their ultimate goal out of all of this.

The leaders in charge of Ukraine now are not the corrupt ones he and FBHO along with Russian got installed a decade ago
The more gets wrecked over there, the less of a trail there will be to confiscate all the money they helped steal.   That may be one motive.   I see him as also being resentful of someone like Zelenskyy becoming far more popular and respected than he would ever be.

I said this a few hundred pages back and it was pretty much dismissed.  but its plainly obvious that's what they're doing.  The US gov't is dribbling out equipment to bleed this out and hope a settlement can be forced.  It's diplomats intellectuals and corporate double speak by saying we want "everyone to walk away feeling like a winner"  

Fact is we could give UKR enough equipment and intelligence with zero boots on the ground to decisively win this thing, it's embarrassing that we haven't and shows gaping lack of leadership. .Mil at the highest level should be resigning daily, but they don't because they're part of the above group.  

Link Posted: 3/31/2022 4:29:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
View Quote

Likely true.  Several Twitter reports of the night sky lighting up.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 4:30:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By TheLurker:

View Quote

Supposedly, the IR dazzler thingies are fripping worthless, and I think it's fair to say Kontact5 ERA has proven to be shit. The nightvision/IR is also unbelievably bad.

Meh. Another turret tosser.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 4:30:34 PM EDT
[#24]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By elcope:
Originally Posted By Zam18th:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe I read that the old grenades deployed a small chute to orient it and the pull from it armed the grenade.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RKG-3_anti-tank_grenade

Cool system
The grenade has an odd strap-like lever (or "spoon") that covers the base of the handle and runs up each side of the handle. When the pin is pulled, the "spoon" falls away, and when the grenade is thrown a spring deploys a four-panelled drogue parachute.
When the parachute deploys, its ejection throws a weight to the rear of the handle and disables the safety. When it impacts or stops, inertia causes the weight to fly forward and hit the spring-loaded firing pin, which activates the primer detonator in the base. This sets off the booster charge in the base of the shaped charge, detonating and enhancing the main charge.

Link Posted: 3/31/2022 4:31:04 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

Probably had to add a safe and arm.   The original grenade, when the chute deploy it allowed a weight to move up the handle, that weight slams forward on impact detonating the charge.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 4:31:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By 2tired2run:

I said this a few hundred pages back and it was pretty much dismissed.  but its plainly obvious that's what they're doing.  The US gov't is dribbling out equipment to bleed this out and hope a settlement can be forced.  It's diplomats intellectuals and corporate double speak by saying we want "everyone to walk away feeling like a winner"  

Fact is we could give UKR enough equipment and intelligence with zero boots on the ground to decisively win this thing, it's embarrassing that we haven't and shows gaping lack of leadership. .Mil at the highest level should be resigning daily, but they don't because they're part of the above group.  

View Quote

Its really tiresome. Does everything have to be a conspiracy?
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 4:33:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Контрнаступ ЗСУ: Відбили село, з якого війська РФ обстрілювали Харків
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 4:34:41 PM EDT
[#28]

View All Quotes

Not sure about that, but I guarantee you he doesn't want the war to end anytime soon. Globalism is their ultimate goal out of all of this.

Agree. Not to carry anyone’s water, but it could also be to bleed out the Russians and weaken pooty.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 4:37:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:

The obvious solution would be Nuclear power. It's the only thing that can be online quick enough and have the "oompf" needed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uv6qt45lXDM
View Quote

Quick?  Usual timeline for nuclear reactor construction is 10-15 years.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 4:37:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Veccio] [#30]
Originally Posted By Chokey:
View Quote
'Entered 0 Roentgen. Leaving 3.6 Roentgen. Not Great, Not Terrible'

ETA: Dumb fuckers probably didn't even know the significance of the place and started losing their shit when 7 bus loads of their compatriots had to be removed with acute rad sickness, hahaha
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 4:39:02 PM EDT
[#31]
They are getting bled either way. The major weapons systems needed are long lead, expensive, and require months of training. It’s understandable why they weren’t offered previously.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 4:40:05 PM EDT
[#32]
How it started:

How it's going:

(Note the tail numbers.)
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 4:40:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Krater:

View Quote

France can build a nuke plant in 5 years.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 4:43:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By bikedamon:
1. Buy rubles at bargain basement prices.
2. Use said rubles to buy oil from Russia.

Russia gets other currencies from the ruble sales as well as rubles back for the oil.  Russia won't be getting as much for the oil but they're getting something, and the sale prices that India and China and whoever are paying are securing their ongoing allegiance.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bikedamon:
Originally Posted By Blessed33:
Economic War Update:

Western war against the Ruble has failed, Ruble has already fully recovered.

Russian Markets are still hammered, may stocks still down over 70%.

Don't know any unemployment numbers.

Does the surging Ruble show the possibility that they will in fact recover from this whole mess economically?

Someone is buying the ruble and buying shit from Russia. China, India are sus.
1. Buy rubles at bargain basement prices.
2. Use said rubles to buy oil from Russia.

Russia gets other currencies from the ruble sales as well as rubles back for the oil.  Russia won't be getting as much for the oil but they're getting something, and the sale prices that India and China and whoever are paying are securing their ongoing allegiance.

It would be unfeasible for gas customers to buy rubles at bargain basement prices.  They use wire transfers, and the Centra Bank of Russia sets the exchange rate.  Hence, a gas customer is required to wire transfer their currency to the Central Bank for exchange into rubles, and that exchanged money gets transferred to the seller.  They no longer do a wire transfer directly to the seller in dollars or euros.

The Central Bank is owned by the Russian government, and controlled by Putin.  So you can start to get an ideal on how this could be a bad deal for gas customers and why Germany is making a big stink about it.  

This is how communist countries control their currency on the free market, and how just about any country for that matter.  Communist China goes further and has two currencies.  One for internal monetary needs, and one for international needs.  Foreign corporations paid China's government bank, who converted that to Yuan.  But it had to be converted into another currency for internal payment.  That's what enables them to keep a stronger currency in the international market place, and a weaker one for it's citizens.

We had two currencies until the late 1960's.  Some of you in the military back then, or a dependent in a military family overseas will remember scripts.

Link Posted: 3/31/2022 4:44:20 PM EDT
[#35]

Agree. Not to carry anyone’s water, but it could also be to bleed out the Russians and weaken pooty.
View All Quotes

Biden doesn't want Zelensky to win as much as he wants Putin to lose. He's doing with UKR what Putin is doing with his own people.

Let that sink in.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 4:44:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: THOT_Vaccine] [#36]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:

The obvious solution would be Nuclear power. It's the only thing that can be online quick enough and have the "oompf" needed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uv6qt45lXDM

They have three "retired" systems that could be quickly restarted. Additionally, there's a bunch of certified/tested systems that can be constructed pretty quickly. DARPA in the 1970s did some amazing shit.

-edit-
I just checked and both Germany and France are already building modern reactors. Two of them were due online this year at some point.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 4:46:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:
I'm on board with most of it. If you tell Russia "we're going to keep fucking you dry no matter WHAT you do" then there isn't much reason for them to stop the war is there? In fact, it's more reason for them to continue to fight- because they will NEED to win.

They need a reason to believe their lives will be better if they stop fighting.
View Quote
The fighting ends, and the sanctions end, when Russia restores the borders it agreed to recognize in the Budapest memo. Until that happens, more Russians will die, more expensive Russian equipment will get destroyed.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 4:47:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Firearmsenthusiast:
Ignore ITAR.
Who exactly are the ITAR police for some guy sending shit in the mail?  The same people who police mattress tags?
View Quote

Federal law enforcement agencies like the ATF are the ITAR police.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 4:48:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

The fighting ends, and the sanctions end, when Russia restores the borders it agreed to recognize in the Budapest memo. Until that happens, more Russians will die, more expensive Russian equipment will get destroyed.
View All Quotes
I'm on board with most of it. If you tell Russia "we're going to keep fucking you dry no matter WHAT you do" then there isn't much reason for them to stop the war is there? In fact, it's more reason for them to continue to fight- because they will NEED to win.

Yeah man, that's pretty much exactly what I'm saying. Telling them "do what we say....or don't...either way you're still getting the star spangled weenie" isn't a very effective technique to influence people.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 4:49:28 PM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

An old Bruce Cockburn song from the Contra/Sandinista era comes to mind when I spies a Hind...
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 4:49:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By TheLurker:

View Quote

I was told Putin was saving those for the real war.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 4:50:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ED_P] [#42]
View Quote

It didn't have the warning about Nachos on the side.  That's why it went down.

Link Posted: 3/31/2022 4:51:10 PM EDT
[#43]
As well as the VHF/UHF blade antennas on that chopper, there is an HF wire antenna on the spine of the tail rotor assembly. I still find it hard to believe they make so much use if HF radio. And to be unencrypted just blows my mind.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 4:51:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: realwar] [#44]
UK military chief says 'Putin has already lost'

''Putin has already lost'' says head of British Army

'Putin has already lost' says head of British Army: Admiral Sir Tony Radakin, the Chief of the Defence Staff, said that Russian President Vladimir Putin overestimated his military's power with his invasion of Ukraine, which has run into fierce Ukrainian resistance that has inflicted devastating losses on Moscow's armies.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 4:53:00 PM EDT
[#45]

Yeah man, that's pretty much exactly what I'm saying. Telling them "do what we say....or don't...either way you're still getting the star spangled weenie" isn't a very effective technique to influence people.
View All Quotes

I'm not sure what the right balance is.

Russia should face lasting enforced consequences for this invasion. Maybe not Treaty of Versailles level, but it should hurt.

I'd also argue that every day this thing drags on, they should have an incentive to consider a way out. The bulk of their military is bouncing around in the input chute of a wood chipper, and with each passing day, they permanently lose more of it.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 4:55:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By R0N:

Probably had to add a safe and arm.   The original grenade, when the chute deploy it allowed a weight to move up the handle, that weight slams forward on impact detonating the charge.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By R0N:

Neat cut away picture of it
https://twitter.com/in_memoriam818/status/1504629630220873742/photo/2

Link Posted: 3/31/2022 5:01:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By K0UA:
As well as the VHF/UHF blade antennas on that chopper, there is an HF wire antenna on the spine of the tail rotor assembly. I still find it hard to believe they make so much use if HF radio. And to be unencrypted just blows my mind.
View Quote

HFUnderground has a few ongoing threads on RUS Mil HF intercepts. Apparently, not all are in the clear.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 5:02:50 PM EDT
[#48]

Link Posted: 3/31/2022 5:03:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 5:03:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

I'm guessing gov could cut that to 3 years by streamlining paperwork. Just like operation warp speed.
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1395 of 5592)
Top Top