Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1396 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/31/2022 5:07:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Dracster:

MT-LBu

View Quote

Ah, thank you for that. So basically a roof-raised MT-LB, once they realized you couldn't actually fit human beings in the back of the low chassis design.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 5:07:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By realwar:
UK military chief says 'Putin has already lost'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFsw4H8gMBE

'Putin has already lost' says head of British Army: Admiral Sir Tony Radakin, the Chief of the Defence Staff, said that Russian President Vladimir Putin overestimated his military's power with his invasion of Ukraine, which has run into fierce Ukrainian resistance that has inflicted devastating losses on Moscow's armies.
View Quote

As long as the middle and upper echelons of their military establishment remain alive, Putin has not lost.

Let the rabid dog retreat to lick its wounds and you end up having to deal with it once more.

The heads of the hydra need severance. Only then will that society begin to join the rest of the world.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 5:10:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By 6SJ7GT:

I'm guessing gov could cut that to 3 years by streamlining paperwork. Just like operation warp speed.
View Quote

lol french government streamlining paperwork.

the paperwork is the most important part for them
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 5:12:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Element94:

Its really tiresome. Does everything have to be a conspiracy?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 2tired2run:

I said this a few hundred pages back and it was pretty much dismissed.  but its plainly obvious that's what they're doing.  The US gov't is dribbling out equipment to bleed this out and hope a settlement can be forced.  It's diplomats intellectuals and corporate double speak by saying we want "everyone to walk away feeling like a winner"  

Fact is we could give UKR enough equipment and intelligence with zero boots on the ground to decisively win this thing, it's embarrassing that we haven't and shows gaping lack of leadership. .Mil at the highest level should be resigning daily, but they don't because they're part of the above group.  

Hardly a conspiracy....it's legitimate hypothesis.  You can't say that the US couldn't do more.

Link Posted: 3/31/2022 5:12:47 PM EDT
[#5]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GTLandser:
Biden blames COVID and Putin for soaring gas prices, admits it's 'hard to tell' when they'll go down and says Americans will save $80 a month if they buy an electric car as he unveils plan to reduce pain at the pumps

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/03/31/06/56037315-10670871-image-a-50_1648705370475.jpg

More

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/D8B23FA1-44B0-4505-ACCE-73D0CFE17C12-415.gif

Buy a $60,000 car to save $80 a month. That alone should tell you everything you need to know about how they spend money.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 5:12:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:

Agree. Not to carry anyone’s water, but it could also be to bleed out the Russians and weaken pooty.
View Quote

Xiden's main goal is to get rid of Zelenskyy. Zelenskyy was looking into the Hunter corruption and some prosecutor officially named Xiden as a suspect. Xiden gives zero shits about the Ukrainian people, Putin or Russians. Xiden just cannot appear to sacrifice or sabotage Zelenskyy publicly. He will do the absolute minimum while warning other countries like Poland to stay out of it all while claiming they are doing all they can for Ukraine.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 5:13:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Waldo:

Guess that radiation poisoning helped. Idiots.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Waldo:
Originally Posted By Chokey:

Guess that radiation poisoning helped. Idiots.

Time distance and shielding?
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 5:13:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Zam18th:

View Quote

Ha! I had to go back and reread those to hear it in Eleanor Beardsley's distinctive southern voice. I haven't listened to NPR in a long time but Wikipedia says she is still assigned to Europe.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 5:14:27 PM EDT
[#9]
British soldiers pack thousands of helmets and equipment for Ukrainian troops

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7PSgfXdgE8
View Quote

My worry from watching this video is that in their zeal to provide helmets, while also complying with the bureaucrats and bean-counters requirements to "sanitize" them of British markings, they send only partially usable equipment. I hope they made a separate order for camo covers and suspension harness.

This might be an area that ARFCOM can help; if we have contacts inside Ukr, or we just start seeing people in Ukr with British helmets but no helmet covers or inadequate/missing suspensions, we could try to solve that for them.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 5:17:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Bassgasm:

I'm not sure what the right balance is.

Russia should face lasting enforced consequences for this invasion. Maybe not Treaty of Versailles level, but it should hurt.

I'd also argue that every day this thing drags on, they should have an incentive to consider a way out. The bulk of their military is bouncing around in the input chute of a wood chipper, and with each passing day, they permanently lose more of it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:
I'm on board with most of it. If you tell Russia "we're going to keep fucking you dry no matter WHAT you do" then there isn't much reason for them to stop the war is there? In fact, it's more reason for them to continue to fight- because they will NEED to win.

They need a reason to believe their lives will be better if they stop fighting.

The fighting ends, and the sanctions end, when Russia restores the borders it agreed to recognize in the Budapest memo. Until that happens, more Russians will die, more expensive Russian equipment will get destroyed.

Yeah man, that's pretty much exactly what I'm saying. Telling them "do what we say....or don't...either way you're still getting the star spangled weenie" isn't a very effective technique to influence people.

Russia should face lasting enforced consequences for this invasion. Maybe not Treaty of Versailles level, but it should hurt.

I'd also argue that every day this thing drags on, they should have an incentive to consider a way out. The bulk of their military is bouncing around in the input chute of a wood chipper, and with each passing day, they permanently lose more of it.

I agree there should be a balance, I also don't know exactly what it is.

I would argue though that the people advocating to be balls deep in Russia for ever are incapable of thinking more than maybe 15 minutes into the future and understanding 2nd and 3rd order effects of a decision like this. I'd argue the ultimate goal is to end hostilities and ensure Russia plays nice in the future. Fucking them hard for eternity doesn't do those things, it simply satisfies one's thirst for vengeance (which I understand).
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 5:22:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Xiden's main goal is to get rid of Zelenskyy. Zelenskyy was looking into the Hunter corruption and some prosecutor officially named Xiden as a suspect. Xiden gives zero shits about the Ukrainian people, Putin or Russians. Xiden just cannot appear to sacrifice or sabotage Zelenskyy publicly. He will do the absolute minimum while warning other countries like Poland to stay out of it all while claiming they are doing all they can for Ukraine.
View Quote

None of this is accurate.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 5:23:12 PM EDT
[#12]

I would argue though that the people advocating to be balls deep in Russia for ever are incapable of thinking more than maybe 15 minutes into the future and understanding 2nd and 3rd order effects of a decision like this. I'd argue the ultimate goal is to end hostilities and ensure Russia plays nice in the future. Fucking them hard for eternity doesn't do those things, it simply satisfies one's thirst for vengeance (which I understand).
View All Quotes
I'm on board with most of it. If you tell Russia "we're going to keep fucking you dry no matter WHAT you do" then there isn't much reason for them to stop the war is there? In fact, it's more reason for them to continue to fight- because they will NEED to win.

The fighting ends, and the sanctions end, when Russia restores the borders it agreed to recognize in the Budapest memo. Until that happens, more Russians will die, more expensive Russian equipment will get destroyed.

Yeah man, that's pretty much exactly what I'm saying. Telling them "do what we say....or don't...either way you're still getting the star spangled weenie" isn't a very effective technique to influence people.

There's a thought that says enough pressure could induce regime change, but desperate people sign up for desperate shit, and there's no guarantee that Russia's next government won't be worse than the current one.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 5:23:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By sq40:
@EESmith

I haven't seen an update about your medical supply trip, how are things?

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Operation-Wheatfox-EESmith-hand-carries-Med-Gear-to-Ukraine-Striker-approved-fundraiser-MET/5-2534806/?page=6

Thank you
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 5:26:02 PM EDT
[#14]

View All Quotes

We spent billions building russia back up from the low point of the ussr.

Maybe they just need a clause in the constitution that says something like:
"Anyone that wants to be President for Life, must pass a trial of Snu Snu and fuck 10,000 of the heaviest women in the country first."

Just a tiny poison pill that makes the whole idea sound as absurd as it actually is.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 5:26:09 PM EDT
[#15]
British soldiers pack thousands of helmets and equipment for Ukrainian troops

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7PSgfXdgE8
View Quote

The Indiana Jones warehouse!
What a lovely warehouse of goodies.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 5:26:15 PM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

You not only concocted a conspiracy theory, but it's completely separate from observed reality, as well as all the valid complaints about the Biden administration that others are making.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 5:27:09 PM EDT
[#17]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqXwDBI8W5Q
View Quote

At the 1:12 mark, am I seeing this correctly? I can't quite tell K from M, and 115 or 135?

9K115 Metis ??

If so, those things are freaking old.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 5:27:45 PM EDT
[#18]

View All Quotes

I said this a few hundred pages back and it was pretty much dismissed.  but its plainly obvious that's what they're doing.  The US gov't is dribbling out equipment to bleed this out and hope a settlement can be forced.  It's diplomats intellectuals and corporate double speak by saying we want "everyone to walk away feeling like a winner"  

Fact is we could give UKR enough equipment and intelligence with zero boots on the ground to decisively win this thing, it's embarrassing that we haven't and shows gaping lack of leadership. .Mil at the highest level should be resigning daily, but they don't because they're part of the above group.  

It sounds more like a strategy than a conspiracy.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 5:32:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

I was told Putin was saving those for the real war.
View Quote
Nah, he is saving the T14s and the SU57s for the REAL A class troops
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 5:32:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By ED_P:

It didn't have the warning about Nachos on the side.  That's why it went down.

https://ih1.redbubble.net/image.899075311.7219/flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ED_P:

It didn't have the warning about Nachos on the side.  That's why it went down.

https://ih1.redbubble.net/image.899075311.7219/flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

Putin, that's nacho country!
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 5:33:09 PM EDT
[#21]
View Quote

According to Brueghel
when Icarus fell
it was spring

a farmer was ploughing
his field
the whole pageantry

of the year was
awake tingling
near

the edge of the sea
concerned
with itself

sweating in the sun
that melted
the wings' wax

unsignificantly
off the coast
there was

a splash quite unnoticed
this was
Icarus drowning

Link Posted: 3/31/2022 5:38:31 PM EDT
[#22]

At the 1:12 mark, am I seeing this correctly? I can't quite tell K from M, and 115 or 135?

9K115 Metis ??

View All Quotes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqXwDBI8W5Q

9K115 Metis ??

Link Posted: 3/31/2022 5:40:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By AnalogKid:

An old Bruce Cockburn song from the Contra/Sandinista era comes to mind when I spies a Hind...
View Quote

Hey, that's pretty catchy.

Bruce Cockburn - If I Had A Rocket Launcher
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 5:41:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By SilverBearX:
US is happy to let Russia keep Crimea.  They are worried that if they provide too many weapons and too much technology, Ukraine will attempt to retake Crimea after the russians are removed from the rest of Ukraine.  This will prolong, escalate, and intensify the war in the region.
View Quote
This question is up to Ukraine and Russia. Russia says they won't give it up, but their forces are so degraded Ukraine could take it if they were willing to pay the price in blood, equipment, and treasure.

Further, I think the US and the rest of the world owe Ukraine this much: leave all the sanctions fully in place until Russia returns to the borders they agreed to in the Budapest memo.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 5:42:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By hondaciv:
View Quote
That will be true until they find themselves in Ukraine.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 5:46:49 PM EDT
[#26]

First ZSU captured

Link Posted: 3/31/2022 5:53:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By 74HC:
View All Quotes

Just going to a training exercise.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 5:57:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FPNGxMaXoAIN6aV.jpg

First ZSU captured

View Quote

In the summer we will see T-62s and T-55s.

Link Posted: 3/31/2022 5:58:25 PM EDT
[#29]
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FPNGxMaXoAIN6aV.jpg

First ZSU captured

View Quote

The ZSU is old school soviet cool
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 5:58:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 5:59:22 PM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes

Agree. Not to carry anyone’s water, but it could also be to bleed out the Russians and weaken pooty.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 6:00:30 PM EDT
[#32]

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe I read that the old grenades deployed a small chute to orient it and the pull from it armed the grenade.

View All Quotes

So it arms by spinning up the little silver thing in the back?

I thought RKGs were a "pull pin and throw" deal?

Some brave dudes who tested out that different arming scheme.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe I read that the old grenades deployed a small chute to orient it and the pull from it armed the grenade.

Yep, and fuck throwing those. lol It's like throwing the explosion equivalent of an 80mm mortar 15 yards.

????????????? RUSSIAN RKG-3M ???-3? ANTI TANK GRENADE
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 6:06:44 PM EDT
[#33]

More intel fallout.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 6:07:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: boltcatch] [#34]

"Anyone that wants to be President for Life, must pass a trial of Snu Snu and fuck 10,000 of the heaviest women in the country first."

Just a tiny poison pill that makes the whole idea sound as absurd as it actually is.
View All Quotes

Ehhh.... I think the problem with that is that everything about marxism-leninism post-Lenin involved a complete lack of any sort of moral compass or integrity whatsoever.   They went from "the means are justified by the ends" to "the means are justified because they are the ends".  No piece of paper, handshake, promise, principle, or anything else would constrain those people - to a degree the world had never really seen before.

Even back in the days when a people invariably named themselves "the people" in their own language and considered outsiders to not be human, they at least treated their own better.  Not the Soviets - fuck everybody, they all get the big marxist weenie 24/7/365.

I think it's now becoming clear to those old enough to remember the USSR, that too much of Russian society and government is still stuck in that state.  And I don't think that the Russian culture/people/nation as we've recognized it the last couple of centuries is going to be given a second chance.  This is starting to look like the opening push to secure the title of "All-time dickheads of humanity".

Does anyone really think this is going to end without carving up Russia and making sure they only have their own pool to shit in?   This doesn't mean I think there is a practical or safe way to get to that state - or that we should broadcast it as a goal - but I think that's just the way things are.

They won't be sent to Ukraine if the Russians say the territory they're occupying isn't Ukraine anymore, right?
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 6:08:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TxRabbitBane] [#35]

View Quote

They already think they’ve been “fucked hard for eternity.”  That mentality has defined Rus since roughly forever.  Lord knows they’re been sticking it to us since WW2.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 6:08:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Latest Operator Starsky!

Day 36: Russia captured Ukrainian refugees!
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 6:12:44 PM EDT
[#37]

More intel fallout.
View Quote

Followup tweets say they surrendered, any corroboration of that theory or other reason they were sacked?
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 6:20:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Chokey:
View Quote

Weren’t they relieved by Belarus’s troops at Chernobyl?
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 6:21:50 PM EDT
[#39]

Shit looks like Dresden,Mosul, or Aleppo.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 6:21:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By walkinginadangerzone:

Yep, and fuck throwing those. lol It's like throwing the explosion equivalent of an 80mm mortar 15 yards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHvxddudkGE
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By walkinginadangerzone:

So it arms by spinning up the little silver thing in the back?

I thought RKGs were a "pull pin and throw" deal?

Some brave dudes who tested out that different arming scheme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHvxddudkGE

Looks like they would be good in an urban setting to drop on a tank or a group of infantry?

Link Posted: 3/31/2022 6:23:54 PM EDT
[#41]

Followup tweets say they surrendered, any corroboration of that theory or other reason they were sacked?
View All Quotes

More intel fallout.

Traitors. Surrendered the city.

https://mailbd.net/news/the-president-stripped-the-rank-of-two-generals-who-turned-out-to-be-traitors-46997/
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 6:28:24 PM EDT
[#42]

Can someone confirm if this is true, and what it REALLY means?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CS223:
https://t.me/UkraineWarReport/1767
Russia Central Bank Announces Ruble Bound to Gold! 5000 Rubles per Gram

The Central Bank of Russia has officially announced that, as of March 28, 2022, the Russian Ruble currency is BOUND to Gold.  The rate is 5,000 Rubles per gram of gold bullion.

If Rubles are bound to Gold at 5000 Rubles per gram, and there are 32 grams per TROY ounce, meaning one ounce of gold would cost 160,000 Rubles, then converting that to US Dollars means Gold is $1600 per ounce when using Rubles, instead of $1,928 per ounce using Dollars.

Russia just wiped out about thirty percent (30%) of the value of the US Dollar, worldwide, when it comes to Gold Bullion.
Worse, because Russia will only sell its oil and gas in Rubles, and Rubles are now fixed at 5,000 Rubles per gram, anyone wishing to buy Oil or Gas will need to either pay in Rubles or pay in Gold, and they won't get the US Dollar value for the gold they tender as payment!  

It's propaganda as Russia doesn't have enough gold to adopt a gold standard. Further, Russia doesn't have the pull to set the price of gold worldwide. The western banksters do.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 6:29:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By AlabamaFan64:

Weren’t they relieved by Belarus’s troops at Chernobyl?
View Quote

I'm not aware that Belarus had entered Ukraine.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 6:30:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mancow] [#44]
We do this yet?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FPHPCt8XEBIG2VE?format=jpg&name=900x900
View Quote

There was a video of that posted quite some time back. In the video he doesn't claim to have capured it on the field. It is described as having been captured by his people or someone aligned with them and brought to him. It shows him driving it around and how it only has a few miles on it.

Link Posted: 3/31/2022 6:30:36 PM EDT
[#45]

This question is up to Ukraine and Russia. Russia says they won't give it up, but their forces are so degraded Ukraine could take it if they were willing to pay the price in blood, equipment, and treasure.

Further, I think the US and the rest of the world owe Ukraine this much: leave all the sanctions fully in place until Russia returns to the borders they agreed to in the Budapest memo.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SilverBearX:
US is happy to let Russia keep Crimea.  They are worried that if they provide too many weapons and too much technology, Ukraine will attempt to retake Crimea after the russians are removed from the rest of Ukraine.  This will prolong, escalate, and intensify the war in the region.

I'm not sure it would be as expensive as it first seems. If Ukraine is to the point where it's an option, they need to find a way to take out the bridges to Russia. Probably need a good supply of anti ship missiles too. Then it may a matter of wearing them down and waiting them out.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 6:31:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: THOT_Vaccine] [#46]
Originally Posted By planemaker:

It's propaganda as Russia doesn't have enough gold to adopt a gold standard. Further, Russia doesn't have the pull to set the price of gold worldwide. The western banksters do.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By planemaker:
Originally Posted By CS223:
https://t.me/UkraineWarReport/1767
Russia Central Bank Announces Ruble Bound to Gold! 5000 Rubles per Gram

The Central Bank of Russia has officially announced that, as of March 28, 2022, the Russian Ruble currency is BOUND to Gold.  The rate is 5,000 Rubles per gram of gold bullion.

If Rubles are bound to Gold at 5000 Rubles per gram, and there are 32 grams per TROY ounce, meaning one ounce of gold would cost 160,000 Rubles, then converting that to US Dollars means Gold is $1600 per ounce when using Rubles, instead of $1,928 per ounce using Dollars.

Russia just wiped out about thirty percent (30%) of the value of the US Dollar, worldwide, when it comes to Gold Bullion.
Worse, because Russia will only sell its oil and gas in Rubles, and Rubles are now fixed at 5,000 Rubles per gram, anyone wishing to buy Oil or Gas will need to either pay in Rubles or pay in Gold, and they won't get the US Dollar value for the gold they tender as payment!  

... Goes on eBay and checks the price of gold bars and rounds?...
Holy shit! I think the U.S. economic system is safe. Thank goodness!!1!
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 6:34:04 PM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

Russia needs to have the hurt put on them for a long fucking time.  The soviets traded their uniforms for business suits and it didn't make any difference

Not an eternity but a good fifty years of sanctions should do the trick for those dumbasses.  I'm sick of their bullshit and they need to be ended.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 6:36:24 PM EDT
[#48]
View All Quotes

[Putin]
There is no Ukraine, only south west Russia. Our troops are staying in Russia!
[/Putin]
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 6:42:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By stgdz:

Russia needs to have the hurt put on them for a long fucking time.  The soviets traded their uniforms for business suits and it didn't make any difference

Not an eternity but a good fifty years of sanctions should do the trick for those dumbasses.  I'm sick of their bullshit and they need to be ended.
View Quote

They went from military to mafia, really not much difference in their case.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 6:46:03 PM EDT
[#50]

https://mailbd.net/news/the-president-stripped-the-rank-of-two-generals-who-turned-out-to-be-traitors-46997/
View All Quotes

More intel fallout.

Rather generous just to pull their rank, either that or he doesn't have access to them to have them shot.  

Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1396 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top