Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1397 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/31/2022 6:46:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By governmentman:

[Putin]
There is no Ukraine, only south west Russia. Our troops are staying in Russia!
[/Putin]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 74HC:
Originally Posted By hondaciv:
That will be true until they find themselves in Ukraine.

[Putin]
[/Putin]

There is no Russia,  it’s going to be Eastern Ukraine at this rate.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 6:49:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By mancow:

There was a video of that posted quite some time back. In the video he doesn't claim to have capured it on the field. It is described as having been captured by his people or someone aligned with them and brought to him. It shows him driving it around and how it only has a few miles on it.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bassgasm:
We do this yet?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FPHPCt8XEBIG2VE?format=jpg&name=900x900

There was a video of that posted quite some time back. In the video he doesn't claim to have capured it on the field. It is described as having been captured by his people or someone aligned with them and brought to him. It shows him driving it around and how it only has a few miles on it.

Be funny as hell if it was booby trapped very subtly and allowed to be captured.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 6:49:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Ukrainian Arya Stark is their PAO:

? ??? ????????? 11 ????????? ??????? ??????????

Link Posted: 3/31/2022 6:50:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By 2tired2run:

Rather generous just to pull their rank, either that or he doesn't have access to them to have them shot.  

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HIPPO:

More intel fallout.

Followup tweets say they surrendered, any corroboration of that theory or other reason they were sacked?

Traitors. Surrendered the city.

https://mailbd.net/news/the-president-stripped-the-rank-of-two-generals-who-turned-out-to-be-traitors-46997/

Rather generous just to pull their rank, either that or he doesn't have access to them to have them shot.  

They gon be flipped first. That's a fun game both sides can play.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 6:50:55 PM EDT
[#5]

More intel fallout.
View Quote

Well, that explains why a few weeks ago I had to yell "Blow the damn bridge! Do it! Do it now!" at the TV screen whenever someone showed Kherson. Like I was Jack Hawkins in Bridge on the River Kwai.

Link Posted: 3/31/2022 6:53:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By stgdz:

Russia needs to have the hurt put on them for a long fucking time.  The soviets traded their uniforms for business suits and it didn't make any difference

Not an eternity but a good fifty years of sanctions should do the trick for those dumbasses.  I'm sick of their bullshit and they need to be ended.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stgdz:
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:
I'm on board with most of it. If you tell Russia "we're going to keep fucking you dry no matter WHAT you do" then there isn't much reason for them to stop the war is there? In fact, it's more reason for them to continue to fight- because they will NEED to win.

They need a reason to believe their lives will be better if they stop fighting.

The fighting ends, and the sanctions end, when Russia restores the borders it agreed to recognize in the Budapest memo. Until that happens, more Russians will die, more expensive Russian equipment will get destroyed.

Yeah man, that's pretty much exactly what I'm saying. Telling them "do what we say....or don't...either way you're still getting the star spangled weenie" isn't a very effective technique to influence people.

I'm not sure what the right balance is.

Russia should face lasting enforced consequences for this invasion. Maybe not Treaty of Versailles level, but it should hurt.

I'd also argue that every day this thing drags on, they should have an incentive to consider a way out. The bulk of their military is bouncing around in the input chute of a wood chipper, and with each passing day, they permanently lose more of it.

I agree there should be a balance, I also don't know exactly what it is.

I would argue though that the people advocating to be balls deep in Russia for ever are incapable of thinking more than maybe 15 minutes into the future and understanding 2nd and 3rd order effects of a decision like this. I'd argue the ultimate goal is to end hostilities and ensure Russia plays nice in the future. Fucking them hard for eternity doesn't do those things, it simply satisfies one's thirst for vengeance (which I understand).

We spent billions building russia back up from the low point of the ussr.

Maybe they just need a clause in the constitution that says something like:
"Anyone that wants to be President for Life, must pass a trial of Snu Snu and fuck 10,000 of the heaviest women in the country first."

Just a tiny poison pill that makes the whole idea sound as absurd as it actually is.

Russia needs to have the hurt put on them for a long fucking time.  The soviets traded their uniforms for business suits and it didn't make any difference

Not an eternity but a good fifty years of sanctions should do the trick for those dumbasses.  I'm sick of their bullshit and they need to be ended.

A tariff on their oil and gas production to rebuild UKR would probably work and not have to be so long lived as to create another post WWI sequence.

Link Posted: 3/31/2022 6:54:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mancow] [#7]
Originally Posted By AnalogKid:

Be funny as hell if it was booby trapped very subtly and allowed to be captured.
View All Quotes
We do this yet?

Frame rails full of C4 connected to an Iridium modem and a driver facing camera.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 6:54:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By sq40:

View All Quotes

[Putin]
[/Putin]

I'll drink to that!

Link Posted: 3/31/2022 7:02:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 7:02:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Heartbreaker1373] [#10]
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 7:04:24 PM EDT
[#11]
I think I spot GD's girl from the other day at 0:23:

Link Posted: 3/31/2022 7:06:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Capta:

There are a few problems with this strategy.
First, the world gold market is TINY compared to the oil market, or really any other major commodity market.  Russia can fix the ruble to gold all they want, it doesn’t matter.
Second, the Germans have to agree to pay in rubles.  They have previously refused while leaving the door open to do so via new (and far shorter-term) contracts.  They also indicated that once Putin goes there, Germany will never return to buying Russian energy.  Then, as of yesterday, both Germany and France issued statements saying they were pursuing emergency measures for a total loss of supply.  We will see very shortly what happens.  If Europe refuses now, the Russian energy sector will collapse within months.  It it agrees for the short term, the Russian energy sector will collapse in a year when they leave for good.  Either way we’re talking about WW3.
This issue is an even worse mistake for Putin than the Ukrainian invasion.  He’s committing national suicide to shore up his own ego.
View Quote

how would that lead to WW3? I know the energy sector is all they have to make money with but why, or how, would they start a war because of economic collapse?

@Capta
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 7:07:26 PM EDT
[#13]

Traitors. Surrendered the city.

https://mailbd.net/news/the-president-stripped-the-rank-of-two-generals-who-turned-out-to-be-traitors-46997/
View Quote

Sounds like at least one of the sacked generals surrended Kherson
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 7:13:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By TTTSNB:

how would that lead to WW3? I know the energy sector is all they have to make money with but why, or how, would they start a war because of economic collapse?

@Capta
View Quote

In 2022, everything could lead to WW3. I had to hold a fart in earlier, lest we eat a nuke for it.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 7:13:50 PM EDT
[#15]

This question is up to Ukraine and Russia. Russia says they won't give it up, but their forces are so degraded Ukraine could take it if they were willing to pay the price in blood, equipment, and treasure.

Further, I think the US and the rest of the world owe Ukraine this much: leave all the sanctions fully in place until Russia returns to the borders they agreed to in the Budapest memo.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SilverBearX:
US is happy to let Russia keep Crimea.  They are worried that if they provide too many weapons and too much technology, Ukraine will attempt to retake Crimea after the russians are removed from the rest of Ukraine.  This will prolong, escalate, and intensify the war in the region.

This question is up to Ukraine and Russia. Russia says they won't give it up, but their forces are so degraded Ukraine could take it if they were willing to pay the price in blood, equipment, and treasure.

Further, I think the US and the rest of the world owe Ukraine this much: leave all the sanctions fully in place until Russia returns to the borders they agreed to in the Budapest memo.

This.  Now that the sanctions are already in place, I’d get the most bang for the buck out of them.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 7:21:06 PM EDT
[#16]
There seem to be a lot of dead Russians with their legs crossed. Is that some kind of involuntary thing that happens as they die, or is it something that's done afterwards? For example, I thought it could be a sign that the body had already been searched and secured... (I assume bodies might be searched for useful stuff like ammo or documents, as well as secured in the sense that they make sure the body wasn't booby trapped) Does anybody know?
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 7:21:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By M-1975:

View Quote

It just shows the back of her head. Are you trying to tell us something?
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 7:24:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 7:27:47 PM EDT
[#19]
View All Quotes

No shit. Russia doesn't think UKR exists. They think that is Russia.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 7:27:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By vahog:

Well, that explains why a few weeks ago I had to yell "Blow the damn bridge! Do it! Do it now!" at the TV screen whenever someone showed Kherson. Like I was Jack Hawkins in Bridge on the River Kwai.

View Quote

Everyone is saying they surrendered Kherson to early on. Time to replace and move ahead.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 7:28:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By MostlyPeaceful:

I'm not aware that Belarus had entered Ukraine.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AlabamaFan64:

Weren’t they relieved by Belarus’s troops at Chernobyl?

I thought they had sent some soldiers in, but maybe it wasn’t a reliable source reporting it.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 7:28:40 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

they shit in their drinking water.

You expect more from them?
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 7:29:06 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

Not unless we do our part to make our leaders understand we want ukraine to win. I'm pretty sure our leaders just want russia ground down regardless of how it turns out.
Ukraine needs tanks and planes to protect the tanks to start pushing russia out.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 7:31:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pr24guy] [#24]

[Putin]
[/Putin]
View All Quotes

[Putin]
[/Putin]

Putin believes in a future of a Empyreal Russia, Empyreal China, and the West.

That belief may have brought the destruction of Russia, since they rely so much on foreign trade.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 7:37:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By cryo_tech:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cryo_tech:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 7:40:00 PM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

I doubt they are wealthy and comfortable enough to be able to just stop buying the fuel needed to run their industries.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 7:44:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

Not unless we do our part to make our leaders understand we want ukraine to win. I'm pretty sure our leaders just want russia ground down regardless of how it turns out.
Ukraine needs tanks and planes to protect the tanks to start pushing russia out.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stone-age:

That’s the truth.  A few squadrons of F35s would be a great gift too.

We need to be gearing up more Taiwan too.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 7:44:34 PM EDT
[#28]

I thought they had sent some soldiers in, but maybe it wasn’t a reliable source reporting it.
View All Quotes

Weren’t they relieved by Belarus’s troops at Chernobyl?

a few weeks ago there were rumors Belarussian troop movements were in progress, but nothing came of that. then more rumors they were massing troops to move across the border. nothing came of that. last week Lukashenko said his troops won't be going into Ukraine.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 7:45:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Russian ILYUSHIN II-82 Airborne Command aircraft loitering about 100 miles west of St Petersburg in the Baltic.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 7:48:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Balu:
There seem to be a lot of dead Russians with their legs crossed. Is that some kind of involuntary thing that happens as they die, or is it something that's done afterwards? For example, I thought it could be a sign that the body had already been searched and secured... (I assume bodies might be searched for useful stuff like ammo or documents, as well as secured in the sense that they make sure the body wasn't booby trapped) Does anybody know?
View Quote

@Balu

Typical TTP for the searches of enemies as you stated for weapons and intelligence.  Let's people know they've been searched. Also is a technique to flip the body over with minimal effort.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 7:48:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Heartbreaker1373:

ORASNO, but yeah
View Quote

OPASNO
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 7:50:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 7:57:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 8:03:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By SheltiePimp:

Seems he was fired, not forced to resign. Lots of governments said that Russia was just bluffing and they would not invade before the war, Zalinsky was saying the same thing.

The US and the UK were consistent that they have knowledge that Putin was serious and he was going to do it, pretty much everything the US said leading up to the war is consistent with what has happened.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Military spy chief forced out after France fails to predict invasion

The Times:

The director of French military intelligence has been forced to stand down amid claims that his agency failed to predict the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

General Éric Vidaud was ousted for providing “insufficient briefings” and displaying a “lack of mastery of the issues” in his remit, according to a source in the armed forces ministry in Paris.

French intelligence services were already under fire for dismissing the claims of their British and American counterparts over the winter that Russia was preparing to attack Ukraine.

French intelligence chief Vidaud fired over Russian war failings

BBC

The head of French military intelligence, Gen Eric Vidaud, is losing his job after failing to predict Russia's war in Ukraine, reports say.
Seven months after he took on the role, one report said he was blamed for "inadequate briefings" and a "lack of mastery of subjects".
The US correctly assessed that Russia was planning a large-scale invasion, while France concluded it was unlikely.
Gen Vidaud was blamed for that by France's military chief, a source said.
However, the military source told AFP news agency that his job was to provide "military intelligence on operations, not on premeditation". As Gen Vidaud's service concluded that Russia had the means to invade Ukraine, the source said that "what happened proves him right".
Early in March the head of French armed forces, Gen Thierry Burkhard acknowledged that French intelligence had not been up to the level of US or UK briefings, which were publicised to pile pressure on Russia's Vladimir Putin. "The Americans said that the Russians were going to attack, they were right," he told Le Monde newspaper.
"Our services thought instead that the cost of conquering Ukraine would have been monstrous and the Russians had other options" to bring down the government of Ukraine's Volodymyr Zelensky, he added.
France's misreading of President Putin was all the more embarrassing because President Emmanuel Macron had spoken to him regularly in the days leading up to the invasion on 24 February.
Intelligence specialist Prof Alexandre Papaemmanuel told AFP it was too easy to blame military intelligence for the failure, which lay with France's entire intelligence community.
But Gen Vidaud, France's former special forces commander, appears to have been squeezed out for other reasons too.
Weeks after he took charge of military intelligence, his service came in for criticism when Australia scrapped a multi-billion dollar submarine contract with France in favour of a security pact with the US and UK. The Aukus pact came out of the blue in France and prompted a diplomatic spat.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SheltiePimp:
Originally Posted By m35ben:
Wow that is interesting.

Seems he was fired, not forced to resign. Lots of governments said that Russia was just bluffing and they would not invade before the war, Zalinsky was saying the same thing.

The US and the UK were consistent that they have knowledge that Putin was serious and he was going to do it, pretty much everything the US said leading up to the war is consistent with what has happened.

Military spy chief forced out after France fails to predict invasion

The Times:

The director of French military intelligence has been forced to stand down amid claims that his agency failed to predict the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

General Éric Vidaud was ousted for providing “insufficient briefings” and displaying a “lack of mastery of the issues” in his remit, according to a source in the armed forces ministry in Paris.

French intelligence services were already under fire for dismissing the claims of their British and American counterparts over the winter that Russia was preparing to attack Ukraine.

French intelligence chief Vidaud fired over Russian war failings

BBC

The head of French military intelligence, Gen Eric Vidaud, is losing his job after failing to predict Russia's war in Ukraine, reports say.
Seven months after he took on the role, one report said he was blamed for "inadequate briefings" and a "lack of mastery of subjects".
The US correctly assessed that Russia was planning a large-scale invasion, while France concluded it was unlikely.
Gen Vidaud was blamed for that by France's military chief, a source said.
However, the military source told AFP news agency that his job was to provide "military intelligence on operations, not on premeditation". As Gen Vidaud's service concluded that Russia had the means to invade Ukraine, the source said that "what happened proves him right".
Early in March the head of French armed forces, Gen Thierry Burkhard acknowledged that French intelligence had not been up to the level of US or UK briefings, which were publicised to pile pressure on Russia's Vladimir Putin. "The Americans said that the Russians were going to attack, they were right," he told Le Monde newspaper.
"Our services thought instead that the cost of conquering Ukraine would have been monstrous and the Russians had other options" to bring down the government of Ukraine's Volodymyr Zelensky, he added.
France's misreading of President Putin was all the more embarrassing because President Emmanuel Macron had spoken to him regularly in the days leading up to the invasion on 24 February.
Intelligence specialist Prof Alexandre Papaemmanuel told AFP it was too easy to blame military intelligence for the failure, which lay with France's entire intelligence community.
But Gen Vidaud, France's former special forces commander, appears to have been squeezed out for other reasons too.
Weeks after he took charge of military intelligence, his service came in for criticism when Australia scrapped a multi-billion dollar submarine contract with France in favour of a security pact with the US and UK. The Aukus pact came out of the blue in France and prompted a diplomatic spat.

Seriously, I mean i am not trying to be a jerk but why would anyone think Putin was not going to invade Ukraine with the kind of manpower, weapons and supplies moved to the border of Ukraine. That was a very expensive move for Russia to make for nothing more than a exercise.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 8:04:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 8:05:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By SafetyFirst:

Seriously, I mean i am not trying to be a jerk but why would anyone think Putin was not going to invade Ukraine with the kind of manpower, weapons and supplies moved to the border of Ukraine. That was a very expensive move for Russia to make for nothing more than a exercise.
View Quote

Normalcy bias

Link Posted: 3/31/2022 8:07:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By SafetyFirst:

View Quote

In fairness, him bluffing and trying to scare everybody is nothing new.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 8:07:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By realwar:

Everyone is saying they surrendered Kherson to early on. Time to replace and move ahead.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By realwar:
Originally Posted By vahog:

Link Posted: 3/31/2022 8:09:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Element94:

Its really tiresome. Does everything have to be a conspiracy?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Element94:
I said this a few hundred pages back and it was pretty much dismissed.  but its plainly obvious that's what they're doing.  The US gov't is dribbling out equipment to bleed this out and hope a settlement can be forced.  It's diplomats intellectuals and corporate double speak by saying we want "everyone to walk away feeling like a winner"  

Fact is we could give UKR enough equipment and intelligence with zero boots on the ground to decisively win this thing, it's embarrassing that we haven't and shows gaping lack of leadership. .Mil at the highest level should be resigning daily, but they don't because they're part of the above group.  

Its really tiresome. Does everything have to be a conspiracy?

OK, there's to proof that's a policy, but the effect seems clear enough to confirm it. The State Dept is thick with commies and sympathizers.

BTW, did those jets ever get transferred to Ukraine? That just kind of disappeared from the news.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 8:18:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

In the summer we will see T-62s and T-55s.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FPNGxMaXoAIN6aV.jpg

First ZSU captured

In the summer we will see T-62s and T-55s.

And maybe some Mig21s
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 8:20:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By bluecord114:

@Balu

Typical TTP for the searches of enemies as you stated for weapons and intelligence.  Let's people know they've been searched. Also is a technique to flip the body over with minimal effort.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bluecord114:

@Balu

Thanks! Makes sense.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 8:22:22 PM EDT
[#42]
View Quote
That is how a human body typically ends up when they're dead before they hit the ground.

If you come across a body where the legs aren't crossed, they're playing possum or they've been posed.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 8:24:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Just think when you're having a bad day...

Teenage Refugee From Chernihiv: I Saw My Mother Burn

Teenage Refugee From Chernihiv: I Saw My Mother Burn
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 8:24:58 PM EDT
[#44]

Frame rails full of C4 connected to an Iridium modem and a driver facing camera.
View All Quotes
We do this yet?

"Hello Onstar? Someone stole my vehicle, will you lock the doors and give me the location?"
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 8:26:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By M-1975:

View Quote

I can't get twitter to play here, but that last sentence conjures up a pretty weird mental image.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 8:27:22 PM EDT
[#46]

I thought they had sent some soldiers in, but maybe it wasn't a reliable source reporting it.
View Quote

They did.

They joined Ukraine and formed their own batallions.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 8:28:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Residents of the eastern Ukrainian city of Avdiyivka

Frontline Town In Eastern Ukraine Endures Shelling As Residents Lack Heat And Running Water
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 8:28:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: veritas8985] [#48]
Russian can of whoop ass whoops!

[tweet]https://twitter.com/EuromaidanPress/status/1509646024389894153?cxt=HHwWkoC5xfHDq_MpAAAA[/tweet]
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 8:29:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Pro-Putin, Ex-British spy, Christopher Steele pops up on the radar.  I cannot imagine he has any credibility left for anyone wanting to interview him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWs2IR3sbnY

Cold link because the shit head doesn't deserve a hot one.  I'm not sure whether he deserves a link at all.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 8:34:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Hundreds of shells fall on Kyiv suburb as Ukrainians blow up bridge to halt Russian tanks

Hundreds of shells fall on Kyiv suburb as Ukrainians blow up bridge to halt Russian tanks | ITV News
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1397 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top