Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1543 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 4/8/2022 10:01:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

The May 9th celebration is a BIG deal. Previously I always though it was cool that they remember it so well (a few memory holes notwithstanding)....now I think it would be great to shit in their cornflakes on May 9th....here's hoping UKR has something great planned.
View Quote

I think we should help make it memorable for them.  How about a B2 flyover, right over Red Square, you know like the Rose Parade.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 10:01:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By kncook:

No. Le Pen isn’t a Orban.

She’s just conservative and this is fear to try to keep her from being elected. She will kill Russian soldiers and send weapons to do so.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By M-1975:
Originally Posted By FrankyRay:
Originally Posted By PurpleOtter:
The White House has begun to harbor fears that Vladimir Putin could soon notch his biggest victory of Russia's invasion of Ukraine  in Paris.

There is growing concern within President Joe Biden's administration about the narrowing polls in the French presidential election that show a tight race between incumbent Emmanuel Macron and far-right challenger Marine Le Pen.

A possible victory by Le Pen, a Putin sympathizer, could destabilize the Western coalition against Moscow, upending France's role as a leading European power and potentially giving other NATO leaders cold feet about staying in the alliance, according to three senior administration officials not authorized to publicly discuss private conversations.

Senior U.S. officials have warily watched across the Atlantic for any signs of possible Russian interference in the first round of the elections, which will take place Sunday. Polls suggest that Macron and Le Pen would likely then advance to a showdown on April 24  and that the potential two-person race would be close.

Le Pen, in her third attempt at the presidency, has surged over the past couple of weeks, as she has toned down some of her notoriously incendiary rhetoric to focus on cost-of-living issues. Millions in France are struggling to make ends meet after a 35 percent surge in gas prices over the past year.

Her resume deeply worries the White House.
Continues...

The White House is freaked out that Putin's next big win could be in Paris

Wonderful.
Is she legit far-right or just not a European Marxist?

To be fair Macron has sold a lot of military equipment to Putin.

No. Le Pen isn’t a Orban.

She’s just conservative and this is fear to try to keep her from being elected. She will kill Russian soldiers and send weapons to do so.

I thought her main selling point is the anti-immigrant.  the hordes of african and middle-eastern moose-limbs that don't want to assimilate into french traditional values, instead recreating their homeland shitholes in their ghettos.  sorta like France First.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 10:03:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

The people in the world right now are the only ones who matter. The ones who are going to ask the leaders of germany why they are risking their own country to help people who commit war crimes. That question is going to be asked ONLY because somebody distributed a video, and everybody is helping them share it until it makes it way to the New York Times. And I expect tomorrow United States politicians are going to be talking about this video to the press. ONLY because some fool distributed a video. That is the ONLY reason the New Your Times is running an article about this. It is entirely possible they got started following this story because a reporter has been right here in this thread keeping tabs on what is going on.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MattyCR:

The NAZIs and Allied enlisted both knew about it, shit fucking happens.

Quit it with the pearl clutching BS about spies or unmoveable POWs getting put down on video.

The people in the world right now are the only ones who matter. The ones who are going to ask the leaders of germany why they are risking their own country to help people who commit war crimes. That question is going to be asked ONLY because somebody distributed a video, and everybody is helping them share it until it makes it way to the New York Times. And I expect tomorrow United States politicians are going to be talking about this video to the press. ONLY because some fool distributed a video. That is the ONLY reason the New Your Times is running an article about this. It is entirely possible they got started following this story because a reporter has been right here in this thread keeping tabs on what is going on.

Oh so youre Cpt. Saveaho?  

Go whine somewhere else, Your bellyaching is getting tiresome.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 10:07:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TexRdnec] [#4]

You know about Spiers because of BoB's.  That was not unheard of, the officers werent gonna have enlisted do that though.  

Lets not forget that he also was the commandant of Spandau.  He hated NAZI's.

Heres Dick Winters account of asking him about shooting NAZI POWS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-V6OAtgr6c

View All Quotes
NEW YORK POST

"Video shows Ukrainian forces shooting dead a wounded Russian soldier"

Well, there you go. Ukraine soldiers committing murder. ON FUCKING VIDEO THEY SHARED! Is Ukraine the good guys? Are there any good guys in this fight? If there are no good guys, why should anybody care if they kill each other? Those are the questions people of the world are going to be asking.
These morons shouldn't be committing crimes in the first place. And they sure as fuck shouldn't be passing around stuff that is definitely going to HURT Ukraine in this war. Stand by for revenge torture and killings by Russian soldiers.

"Grisly video footage emerged Wednesday showing Ukrainian forces shooting and killing a wounded Russian soldier on a road west of Kyiv.

The footage, verified by the New York Times, shows two bodies — apparently Russian soldiers — lying on the road in a pool of bright red blood.

The closest soldier, whose jacket is pulled up above his head, can be seen twitching and is heard struggling to breathe.

“He’s still alive,” a man’s voice says. “Film these marauders. Look, he’s still alive. He’s gasping.”"

https://nypost.com/2022/04/06/ukrainian-forces-caught-on-video-shooting-dead-wounded-russian-soldier/

Just wait until you hear about US soldiers in the pacific or LT Ronald Spiers.

You know about Spiers because of BoB's.  That was not unheard of, the officers werent gonna have enlisted do that though.  

i LOVE that we got a lot of these guys on video, wish we could have done it with all of them

Link Posted: 4/8/2022 10:07:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Cincinnatus:

MORE war crimes?

That might take some serious effort.
View Quote

Put it in Russian news.  Then explain how the poor innocent conscripts are getting deaded?  While trying another round of conscription?
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 10:10:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By NunyaBidness:
When it troubles me, I think of the girls these motherfuckers raped. Then it doesn't trouble me anymore. Kill them all, don't film it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dillydilly:
Originally Posted By realwar:
More dead Russians

PICS

Holy sh*t that channel has some gruesome stuff. Like the one video of the orc being stabbed by the soldier. Dude pleads for his life then let's out a bloodcurdling scream at the end. Not gonna lie, that was hard to watch.

Yeah, not a smart move to video it at least. I *get* it, and who knows maybe they caught the guy red handed doing whatever- but still, if they want the support of the rest of the world they need to cut that shit out. 99.9% of people are going to see that and cringe, and wonder why we're supporting UKR. I want them to win, therefore I do not want them to do counterproductive things.
When it troubles me, I think of the girls these motherfuckers raped. Then it doesn't trouble me anymore. Kill them all, don't film it.

Yep.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 10:12:13 PM EDT
[#7]
View All Quotes
More dead Russians

PICS

Holy sh*t that channel has some gruesome stuff. Like the one video of the orc being stabbed by the soldier. Dude pleads for his life then let's out a bloodcurdling scream at the end. Not gonna lie, that was hard to watch.

Yeah, not a smart move to video it at least. I *get* it, and who knows maybe they caught the guy red handed doing whatever- but still, if they want the support of the rest of the world they need to cut that shit out. 99.9% of people are going to see that and cringe, and wonder why we're supporting UKR. I want them to win, therefore I do not want them to do counterproductive things.

Yeah, man not really the point I'm making. It's not about compassion. It's about ukraine winning and keeping public support.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 10:12:32 PM EDT
[#8]
The Germans moving some armor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXUC-a5DjhM
View Quote
Cool!  Are they moving both of their tanks?
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 10:12:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Walking dead soldiers? More like more cannon fodder.  Welcome to the killing fields once more into the meat grinder.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 10:13:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CenterMass762] [#10]

Quit it with the pearl clutching BS about spies or unmoveable POWs getting put down on video.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:
NEW YORK POST

Well, there you go. Ukraine soldiers committing murder. ON FUCKING VIDEO THEY SHARED! Is Ukraine the good guys? Are there any good guys in this fight? If there are no good guys, why should anybody care if they kill each other? Those are the questions people of the world are going to be asking.
These morons shouldn't be committing crimes in the first place. And they sure as fuck shouldn't be passing around stuff that is definitely going to HURT Ukraine in this war. Stand by for revenge torture and killings by Russian soldiers.

"Grisly video footage emerged Wednesday showing Ukrainian forces shooting and killing a wounded Russian soldier on a road west of Kyiv.

The footage, verified by the New York Times, shows two bodies — apparently Russian soldiers — lying on the road in a pool of bright red blood.

The closest soldier, whose jacket is pulled up above his head, can be seen twitching and is heard struggling to breathe.

“He’s still alive,” a man’s voice says. “Film these marauders. Look, he’s still alive. He’s gasping.”"

https://nypost.com/2022/04/06/ukrainian-forces-caught-on-video-shooting-dead-wounded-russian-soldier/

Wow, WWII soldiers filmed executions with their cell phones and posted it on the internet?

No they did it and wrote about it cause they didnt have cameras to upload to the internet.  If you cant or wont take prisoners, especially spies aka saboteur's, they are getting executed.

Taking video and posting it on the internet is the entire issue here, not writing it in their journal.

Pearl clutching? Lol. There are a couple hundred million actual pearl-clutchers who are the ones donating and screaming for their governments to help. It's fucking dumb and counterproductive to post torture and execution videos on the internet when you're trying to win the hearts of countries full of pussies. Personally, I couldn't care less.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 10:14:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Featureless:

I think we should help make it memorable for them.  How about a B2 flyover, right over Red Square, you know like the Rose Parade.
View All Quotes

The May 9th celebration is a BIG deal. Previously I always though it was cool that they remember it so well (a few memory holes notwithstanding)....now I think it would be great to shit in their cornflakes on May 9th....here's hoping UKR has something great planned.

Honestly red square is beautiful and would be a shame to lose. Let's just buttfuck the Russian army so hard they're incapable of ever doing anything like this again.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 10:16:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By elcope:
More non-slav meat for the grinder.

View Quote

they look really asian.  like korean or japanese.  not quite chinese asian.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 10:17:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 10:18:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By LoBrau:

Jesus. That is absolutely a declaration of their intent to commit genocide. This should be the moment when the world says no and goes full bore on Russia. But it won't be, and in 50 years there will be grad classes discussing why didn't anybody stand up to Putin, why didn't the West recognize what was happening and fight back? Just like now with hitler.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LoBrau:
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:
I've posted a few times translations of that Ria Novosti article that makes Russia's intent to commit genocide explicit. Here's an analysis of it. If you read the translations before, you pretty much already get it. If you missed that article, do read this one.  It's the key to understanding why Russia has done the things it has. I'd say it's required reading for everyone who wants to talk about the Ukraine situation.

Jesus. That is absolutely a declaration of their intent to commit genocide. This should be the moment when the world says no and goes full bore on Russia. But it won't be, and in 50 years there will be grad classes discussing why didn't anybody stand up to Putin, why didn't the West recognize what was happening and fight back? Just like now with hitler.

Seems pretty clear what Russia’s intentions are.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 10:19:17 PM EDT
[#15]

View All Quotes
NEW YORK POST

The footage, verified by the New York Times, shows two bodies  apparently Russian soldiers  lying on the road in a pool of bright red blood.

"He's still alive," a man's voice says. "Film these marauders. Look, he's still alive. He's gasping.""

Damn, I'd never seen that. Those were some hard dudes.

Speirs: I did it, and I'd do it again.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 10:21:46 PM EDT
[#16]

Yeah.  THAT will get those lads enthused to sign up!
View All Quotes

MORE war crimes?

That might take some serious effort.

Put it in Russian news.  Then explain how the poor innocent conscripts are getting deaded?  While trying another round of conscription?

Yeah.  THAT will get those lads enthused to sign up!

Half of the conscript kids from bum-fuck Russia probably don't have TVs anyway.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 10:23:59 PM EDT
[#17]

I honestly think we should cut germany some slack here. The easiest thing and the thing that would not put them in this "rock/hard place" position would be to continue get gas from russia while saying they are going to do something else. That would continue their fuel supply without all the risk. That is not what they are doing. They are taking on a bunch of risk to help Ukraine. They are running the risk of destroying their entire economy and first world lifestyle.
View Quote

What about US?  We used to be energy independent, exporters.  But we traded for windmills.  Our greens are guilty and many of our politicians went along with it.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 10:24:35 PM EDT
[#18]

Yeah, man not really the point I'm making. It's not about compassion. It's about ukraine winning and keeping public support.
View All Quotes
More dead Russians

PICS

I'm in agreement with you. I don't think they should film it or post it, for the reasons you state.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 10:25:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Chaingun:
Meh, we had a pet rabbit lose an eye bumping into a brick. It popped right out and hung there, nothing new.
View Quote

you mean like this?

https://t.me/rf200/950
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 10:26:15 PM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes
NEW YORK POST

The footage, verified by the New York Times, shows two bodies  apparently Russian soldiers  lying on the road in a pool of bright red blood.

"He's still alive," a man's voice says. "Film these marauders. Look, he's still alive. He's gasping.""

I wish more men were like Lt Col Speirs.  

He is a mans man and handled shit himself, including getting his hands dirty and didnt apologize for it.  

Respect.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 10:31:20 PM EDT
[#21]

Can you be specific. I generally like Task and Purpose. I'm wondering what it is that got your attention. Maybe it was the same thing that got my attention.
View Quote

It was an article attacking Congressman Gaetz for questioning sec def Austin on why is the military more concerned about going woke,
It was something  one would expect to see on some left wing nut job site
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 10:33:53 PM EDT
[#22]
This has to be the best drone video so far.

Artillery strike on Russian entrench positions. Direct hits on all of them. One of the soldiers is alive and shaking his leg, then a shell landed directly on his position.  

Artillery strike on Russian position and direct hits
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 10:39:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Featureless] [#23]

Honestly red square is beautiful and would be a shame to lose. Let's just buttfuck the Russian army so hard they're incapable of ever doing anything like this again.
View Quote

We don't bomb, just flyover, for the parade  I mean we're Allies, fought the Germans together.  Back when I worked on the program I always thought a stealthy leaflet canister would be a kick.   Flyover at night and in the morning leaflets everywhere.  You could have all kinds of leaflets and it would be difficult to suppress them.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 10:40:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Et2ss] [#24]
Originally Posted By Spade:

It's almost a digital brushstroke. What pattern is it?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Spade:
Originally Posted By SilverLightning:
Originally Posted By Mal_means_bad:
Stugna team sets up a convoy ambush.  Lots of cool detail: they receive intel on the targets, discuss priorities, operator loses his shit when the wind or something disturbs the optics and causes the first missile to miss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FrYM7CxYsU

This camo looks so cool.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/396298/Capture_JPG-2338674.JPG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEDosD-xLpY

It's almost a digital brushstroke. What pattern is it?

@Spade
@SilverLightning

It was one of the patterns introduced for the 2014 trials called Predator from SPN Combat out of Kyiv

https://www-spn-kiev-ua.translate.goog/obmundirovanie/ob4.html?_x_tr_sl=uk&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=sc&_x_tr_sch=http

Link Posted: 4/8/2022 10:42:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Chokey] [#25]
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 10:43:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By AgeOne:

@spydercomonkey

I don't recall his name.

I searched for history channel military historian, and the results were about 20 ARFCOM threads talking about the other guy who's a terrible tranny, like the gold standard of bad trannies.

one of those threads had that guys picture in it

I just remember him talking about how the russian tank autoloader was fast, but the danger to the operator was insane, and if it took a hit everyone inside would burn and the tank would explode.

this was probably around 2000 maybe 2001.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:

I miss his presentations / old school History Chanel.

Do you recall his name? Was it Atwatter?

@spydercomonkey

I don't recall his name.

I searched for history channel military historian, and the results were about 20 ARFCOM threads talking about the other guy who's a terrible tranny, like the gold standard of bad trannies.

I just remember him talking about how the russian tank autoloader was fast, but the danger to the operator was insane, and if it took a hit everyone inside would burn and the tank would explode.

Lol yes, I remember the other guy as well, who was also a very solid presenter; now indeed a almost satirically bad tranny in terms of 'passing'.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 10:44:43 PM EDT
[#27]

We don't bomb, just flyover, for the parade  I mean we're Allies, fought the Germans together.  Back when I worked on the program I always thought a stealthy leaflet canister would be a kick.   Flyover at night and in the morning leaflets everywhere.  You could have all kinds of leaflets and it would be difficult to suppress them.
View All Quotes

Sounds good, I like this one

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 10:45:27 PM EDT
[#28]
...ignorance is bliss, untill your hair and teeth start falling out.

Energy Minister: Russian soldiers who were in Chornobyl have a year to live at most
View Quote

Russian 'VA' will say, "not service connected"
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 10:49:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Waldo:

Dr. Atwater, (or something like that)I think.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Waldo:

@spydercomonkey

I don't recall his name.

Dr. Atwater, (or something like that)I think.

Found him:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Atwater_(curator)

William Felix "Jack" Atwater (born November 12, 1945)[1] is an author and former Director of the United States Army Ordnance Museum in Aberdeen, Maryland, United States. Atwater is also a frequent guest contributor to a variety of television programs that draw on his expertise in military weaponry.

Upon graduation from Berea College, Atwater was commissioned as a Lieutenant in the Marines. He commanded a rifle platoon and later a company in the 1st Battalion, 7th Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division, during the Vietnam War where he received the Purple Heart, a Navy Commendation Medal, and a Vietnamese Cross of Gallantry.

n 1985, after earning his Doctorate from Duke, William Atwater assumed the directorship of the 101st Airborne/Air Assault Divisional Museum at Fort Campbell, Kentucky, a position he held until 1989.[1] From 1989 to November, 2007, he served as Director of the United States Army Ordnance Museum, then located at Aberdeen Proving Ground in Maryland.[1] While Director at the Ordnance Museum he was instrumental in the refurbishment and rebuilding of large artifacts like tanks and artillery to meet EPA standards, and the construction of a climate-controlled warehouse to store the museum's collection of small arms.[1] In addition to his work for the museum, William Atwater was often called upon as a guest lecturer and speaker at West Point Military Academy, the Defense Intelligence College, National Security Agency, and the Central Intelligence Agency.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 10:53:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Zhukov:

Kind of ridiculous when people call others Nazis when they aren't, right? Kind of the same thing as calling everyone "commies"...
View Quote

Agreed. True commies are about as rare as true nazi's. It's much more accurate to call today's "commies" fascists.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 10:54:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By mancow:

Anyone who decides to place a fuel cell inside a compartment with occupants and anyone who signs off on it is a fucking dipshit.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mancow:
Originally Posted By Hi-Vel:
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

Network news in the 80's set off charges on a gas tank in a pickup truck to get the explosion they wanted for a hard hitting expose on vehicle safety. Fake news, and manufactured news has been around since news has been reported.

Yes, that news story was faked, but the issue with the GM trucks was real. A friend of mine's brother was T-Boned at an intersection in one of those pickups. The car impacted him right behind the cab, the fuel tank burst, and he was burned alive. GM paid out of big settlement to his family.

Anyone who decides to place a fuel cell inside a compartment with occupants and anyone who signs off on it is a fucking dipshit.
Ford model A. The dashboard is the fuel tank! What a great cost saving idea!
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 10:58:06 PM EDT
[#32]

I wonder what they are delivering? This is going to turn into a drone war.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 10:59:20 PM EDT
[#33]
I posted it because people asked were are all the dead Russians on the Twitter links.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By agillig:
More dead Russians

PICS

Yeah, that was a bit much.  I'm not naive about war, but there's no reason to put that stuff out there, especially as entertainment.
I posted it because people asked were are all the dead Russians on the Twitter links.

You're good. The world needs to see the reality. That in my opinion is a major part of the problem. The majority of the public has a hollywood view of this shit.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 11:00:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 11:00:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:
I lost the page of this thread with the video from the Kiev band.

I are stupid and should have bookmarked it. Any help?
View Quote

Here's one that was posted:

IGNEA — Alga (Official Video) / symphonic metal

Another band was Somali Yacht Club..
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 11:07:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Veccio] [#36]
Originally Posted By rgkeller:
Throw Russia out the territory they took I 2014 and there's a lot of gas and oil ready to be developed and Russia's out of it.
View Quote
That's why Putin wants Ukraine so badly. There's enough oil and gas in Ukraine (including Crimean waters) to supply europe and that threatens Putin's cash cow. He wants to consolidate that all as his so he can have even greater power over the rest of europe. Add into that equation all the high quality soil and water access.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 11:11:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By doolyd:
Looks like they are striking Odesa.  My claim a few weeks back was right, they want to control the entire southern region and Kiev was just a distraction.  Need that access to the black sea and screw UKR of exports.
View Quote
Kyiv was no distraction, that was 100% Russia failing.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 11:12:28 PM EDT
[#38]
"Those who would trade our freedom for the soup kitchen of the welfare state have told us they have a utopian solution of peace without victory. They call their policy "accommodation." And they say if we'll only avoid any direct confrontation with the enemy, he'll forget his evil ways and learn to love us. All who oppose them are indicted as warmongers. They say we offer simple answers to complex problems. Well, perhaps there is a simple answer - not an easy answer but simple: If you and I have the courage to tell our elected officials that we want our national policy based on what we know in our hearts is morally right.

We cannot buy our security, our freedom from the threat of the bomb by committing an immorality so great as saying to a billion human beings now enslaved behind the Iron Curtain, "Give up your dreams of freedom because to save our own skins, we're willing to make a deal with your slave masters." Alexander Hamilton said, "A nation which can prefer disgrace to danger is prepared for a master, and deserves one." Now let's set the record straight. There's no argument over the choice between peace and war, but there's only one guaranteed way you can have peace - and you can have it in the next second - surrender.

Admittedly, there's a risk in any course we follow other than this, but every lesson of history tells us that the greater risk lies in appeasement, and this is the specter our well-meaning liberal friends refuse to facethat their policy of accommodation is appeasement, and it gives no choice between peace and war, only between fight or surrender. If we continue to accommodate, continue to back and retreat, eventually we have to face the final demandthe ultimatum. And what thenwhen Nikita Khrushchev has told his people he knows what our answer will be? He has told them that we're retreating under the pressure of the Cold War, and someday when the time comes to deliver the final ultimatum, our surrender will be voluntary, because by that time we will have been weakened from within spiritually, morally, and economically. He believes this because from our side he's heard voices pleading for "peace at any price" or "better Red than dead," or as one commentator put it, he'd rather "live on his knees than die on his feet." And therein lies the road to war, because those voices don't speak for the rest of us.

You and I know and do not believe that life is so dear and peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery. If nothing in life is worth dying for, when did this beginjust in the face of this enemy? Or should Moses have told the children of Israel to live in slavery under the pharaohs? Should Christ have refused the cross? Should the patriots at Concord Bridge have thrown down their guns and refused to fire the shot heard 'round the world? The martyrs of history were not fools, and our honored dead who gave their lives to stop the advance of the Nazis didn't die in vain. Where, then, is the road to peace? Well it's a simple answer after all.

You and I have the courage to say to our enemies, "There is a price we will not pay." "There is a point beyond which they must not advance." Winston Churchill said, "The destiny of man is not measured by material computations. When great forces are on the move in the world, we learn we're spiritsnot animals." And he said, "There's something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty."

You and I have a rendezvous with destiny."
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 11:13:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Yobro512:

The best way to protect SE Ukraineis to simply seize the initiative and cut behind the attackers into Russia it self.

Any success in that might cause a total cease in the Russian offensive.

Ukrainian army's attacking Russia proper? Madness. Humiliating . Putin would lose his shit and demand it be stop at all costs.
View Quote
I wish they would, it would be glorious
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 11:14:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By getchevyn:
This has to be the best drone video so far.

Artillery strike on Russian entrench positions. Direct hits on all of them. One of the soldiers is alive and shaking his leg, then a shell landed directly on his position.  

Artillery strike on Russian position and direct hits
View Quote
The King is a Fink

(Artillery is suppose to be the King of Battle
)
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 11:15:12 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

That is fair and thanks.

I have much hate for the deniers.

They remind me of the 9/11 deniers, holocaust deniers, etc.

True:  the link has some difficult stuff on it.  Like: Cartel-level difficult.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 11:20:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By JQ66:

Slartibartfast designed that
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JQ66:
Originally Posted By hiyaboa:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/306429/B9B744A9-5CFB-4D5B-AFE2-1F19FE3F7920_jpe-2339262.JPG

Teabagging Europe

I think we're done with this map, can we get back to Ukraine?

Slartibartfast designed that

Link Posted: 4/8/2022 11:26:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By GiggleSmith:
The King is a Fink
View Quote

You wanna come hard and set up on my patch? Best come correct, no lie.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 11:30:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Ignorance is bliss a very painful long excruciating death by radiation poisoning.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By zach_:
Originally Posted By 7empest:

Read the whole thread

JFC.
Those ditch diggers are fucked. Were they expecting it was OK to dig there. That shit happened when it was an USSR  facility IIRC (could be wrong on that).
Ignorance is bliss a very painful long excruciating death by radiation poisoning.

They were probably taken right to a prepared trench/ditch and then 6’ of concrete poured right on top them, while they were still warm but running out of blood.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 11:32:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By mnd6563:

HOLY CRAP!  Is that C&R eligible?  I'll take two when then war is over and Ukraine needs some money.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mnd6563:
Originally Posted By Dracster:
"Ukraine will buy Zuzana self-propelled artillery units from Slovakia. Negotiations on the purchase of this equipment are almost complete.
Ukraine will receive 2 batteries of equipment, ie 16 cars. Earlier, Slovakia handed over the S-300 air defense system to Ukraine.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-04-08_13-17-20_jpg-2342334.JPG

HOLY CRAP!  Is that C&R eligible?  I'll take two when then war is over and Ukraine needs some money.

You and I are already are buying those.  Where do you think Ukraine got the money?
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 11:34:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By x248716x:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By elcope:
More non-slav meat for the grinder.

Rubber boots and no weapons.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 11:37:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By voodochild:
Walking dead soldiers? More like more cannon fodder.  Welcome to the killing fields once more into the meat grinder.
View Quote

Russia's Project 100,000.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 11:41:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Crash_Test_Dhimmi:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Crash_Test_Dhimmi:
...ignorance is bliss, untill your hair and teeth start falling out.

Energy Minister: Russian soldiers who were in Chornobyl have a year to live at most

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 11:41:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dillydilly] [#49]

View Quote

They’re mongols.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuva
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 11:44:44 PM EDT
[#50]

flying very low also...strange
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1543 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top