Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1547 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 4/9/2022 9:55:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By iggy1337:

Not much fog to be honest as they claimed it as a glorious victory only to backtrack/blame Ukraine when they found out it was a bunch of women and children.

https://cdn.ricochet.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/Solzhenitsyn-on-Lying.jpg
View Quote

Thanks, that makes sense.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 10:02:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By outofbattery:

They tortured a 78 year old Soviet veteran to death. There were other pictures of him inside his house with a Soviet naval ensign hung up. They have moved from targeting Jew Nazis to Soviet Nazis.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/78689AFF-105C-4687-BB08-70B0D41C5758_jpe-2342994.JPG

In rare amusing war news,a territorial army group I mentioned many pages ago as being Eesti backed now has a great patch.

Bob Marley Squad

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/C0889B19-E51B-4E31-BE10-213BFDFF9B7B_jpe-2342995.JPG

They have so far fought  from Kyiv up to being within sight of the Chernobyl sarcophagus
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/606989C6-952A-47AC-A18C-00E0B0CDE074_jpe-2343029.JPG
View Quote

Oh shit! There will be hundreds here wanting to know where to get that patch, but afraid to ask.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 10:03:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By FDC:

It's a casual thread which has some smart people participating in it.  The abbreviations above were common and germane to the subject matter.  It's incumbent upon the reader to do some research and learn what they mean.
View Quote

Google is not very helpful when researching obscure military acronyms. I ran across a post that had 4 I didn't know. I was interested so I asked.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 10:03:27 AM EDT
[#4]

Saw that sick crap, needs to be shown or at least availeble for Arfcom's mentally compromised Russia sympathy crowd.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:
Originally Posted By HIPPO:

This story is going to blow up. This shit is fucked.

There's a disgusting video of him with an actual baby in the comments. Don't watch it if you already have high blood pressure.

Saw that sick crap, needs to be shown or at least availeble for Arfcom's mentally compromised Russia sympathy crowd.

I'd bet we'd hear a lot of things like "isolated events", "but in Iraq...", "war is hell", etc. as they quickly return their heads to the sand.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 10:05:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: realwar] [#5]
Russians mourn deaths of soldiers

Russians mourn deaths of soldiers

Turkish drone is so effective, Ukrainian troops are singing about it

Turkish drone is so effective, Ukrainian troops are singing about it
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 10:09:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SoCalExile] [#6]
Kyiv:

Link Posted: 4/9/2022 10:13:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Zelenskyy calls Kramatorsk train station rocket strike a war crime | USA TODAY
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 10:23:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Ukraine could always annex Kaliningrad… then trade it for Crimea.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 10:23:46 AM EDT
[#9]
I think this is a good article showing how much more competent the Ukrainians are than the Russians.

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a39651567/nova-basan-ukraine-military-photos/
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 10:33:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Interesting thoughts on how a fallen Russia would reform or be reshaped.

What would happen if Russia collapsed?
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 10:42:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 10:42:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By SpaceGuy:
Checked past three pages, no mention. From twitter:

Samuel Ramani
@SamRamani2
Japan removed Ukraine's Azov Battalion from its list of terrorist organizations, where it was previously described as a Neo-Nazi group
This has caused an immediate escalation of tensions with Russia
View Quote

Come on Japan, channel your inner Bushido that’s been dormant all these years.  You know you want to.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 10:44:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 10:46:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 10:48:05 AM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

I don’t really talk shit like this but…..

If I had seen this person commit this crime I’d have ZERO problem “doing the needful”

I wouldn’t feel bad.

Link Posted: 4/9/2022 10:49:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 10:50:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

I know European politics is odd, but in what world are the "far right" and Putin on the same team?
View Quote

Putin pretends to be a strong christian(he does)

He is extremely anti gay. Like he’s made all of Russia an ANTI gay country.

He talk about how he is anti gobohomo constantly and how soros is controlling the world.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 10:50:30 AM EDT
[#18]
More info on the Boris Johnson visit.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson has held talks in Kyiv with Ukraine's President Volodymyr Zelensky, Downing Street has said.
No 10 said the visit was "show of solidarity" with Ukraine.

A spokesman said Mr Johnson was using the trip to set out a new package of financial and military aid.

It comes the day after Mr Johnson announced 100m of weapons for Ukraine after the bombing of refugees at a railway station.

The spokesman said: "The prime minister has travelled to Ukraine to meet President Zelensky in person, in a show of solidarity with the Ukrainian people," he said.

"They will discuss the UK's long-term support to Ukraine and the PM will set out a new package of financial and military aid."

A picture of the meeting was posted online by the Ukrainian embassy in London.

The Ukrainian embassy in London tweeted a picture of the two leaders meeting face to face.

In a Facebook post, Andriy Sybiha, deputy head of the Ukrainian president's office said: "The UK is the leader in defence support for Ukraine. The leader in the anti-war coalition. The leader in sanctions against the Russian aggressor."
View Quote
Johnson travels to Kyiv for Zelensky talks
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 10:50:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Hking] [#19]
Originally Posted By Yobro512:

If I had seen this person commit this crime I’d have ZERO problem “doing the needful”

I wouldn’t feel bad.

View Quote

This guy and anyone that stood by and let him do it should be fed feet first into a woodchipper. Child rapists and those that enable them deserve death, no questions asked.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 10:53:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

I'll show you my titties if you send money.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Chokey:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FP5eRLoXwAMWpMx?format=jpg&name=small

https://www.instagram.com/dirtydozeneira/

https://i.imgur.com/jsLigHC.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/O9iDHS1.jpg

I'll show you my titties if you send money.

The money is to help kill Orcs.

The boobs are a bonus.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 10:53:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Hking:

This guy and anyone that stood by and let him do it should be fed feet first into a woodchipper. Child rapists and those that enable them deserve death, no questions asked.
View Quote

There is NO place in any civilization for people like this.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 10:55:07 AM EDT
[#22]

View Quote
That's disgusting.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 10:55:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Easterner] [#23]

Oh shit! There will be hundreds here wanting to know where to get that patch, but afraid to ask.
View All Quotes

They tortured a 78 year old Soviet veteran to death. There were other pictures of him inside his house with a Soviet naval ensign hung up. They have moved from targeting Jew Nazis to Soviet Nazis.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/78689AFF-105C-4687-BB08-70B0D41C5758_jpe-2342994.JPG

In rare amusing war news,a territorial army group I mentioned many pages ago as being Eesti backed now has a great patch.

Bob Marley Squad

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/C0889B19-E51B-4E31-BE10-213BFDFF9B7B_jpe-2342995.JPG

They have so far fought  from Kyiv up to being within sight of the Chernobyl sarcophagus
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/606989C6-952A-47AC-A18C-00E0B0CDE074_jpe-2343029.JPG

Ha! That patch was a best seller when we went to the gun shows. Unfortunately I don't have anymore in stock.

I finally got a shipment out with possibly the last of the true Azov patches. I can't keep anything from them in stock either.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 10:59:49 AM EDT
[#24]
View Quote

Great photo. That's one for the history books.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 11:00:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dillydilly] [#25]

It's a casual thread which has some smart people participating in it.  The abbreviations above were common and germane to the subject matter.  It's incumbent upon the reader to do some research and learn what they mean.
View Quote

@FDC

The god damn Germans got nothin' to do with it.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 11:00:44 AM EDT
[#26]
The Iranians are getting the shitty end of the international political stick lately. I guess this is what happens when you publicly announce your intentions to supply Russia with 20 billion dollars of manufactured goods. Their list of allies grows thin.

President Raisi says Iran will not retreat from 'nuclear rights'

Iran imposes sanctions on 15 U.S. officials as nuclear talks stall

Hamas and other Palestinian groups in the Gaza Strip have attacked Bahrain and Turkey for condemning last Thursday's terror attack in Tel Aviv.

On Friday, Bahrain condemned the attack, describing it as a "terrorist operation."

"We reiterate the Kingdom of Bahrain's position that opposed all forms of terrorism and violence no matter the motives and justifications," the foreign ministry said in a statement.

The Turkish Embassy in Israel condemned the terrorist attack and expressed concern over the recent increase in such attacks. The embassy offered condolences to the families of those who lost their lives in the attack, as well as the Government and the people of Israel.

The United Arab Emirates (UAE) Embassy in Israel said in a statement that it "condemns the terrorist attack and expresses its condolences to the families of the victims of this dreadful act."
View Quote

Hamas slams Bahrain, Turkey for condemning Tel Aviv attack
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 11:00:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 11:03:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 11:07:05 AM EDT
[#29]
BBC News report.

War in Ukraine: Inside Chernobyl after the Russian occupation
Chernobyl nuclear power plant can be accessed again, after returning to Ukrainian control.

The plant, in the north of the country, was seized by Russian troops on the first day of the invasion, but has been taken back by Ukraine's armed forces.

The BBC's Yogita Limaye was one of the first journalists to enter the site, and spoke to some of the people who work there.
View Quote
Video at link
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 11:08:25 AM EDT
[#30]
How Ukraine, Crimea and the Japan/Kuril Islands conflicts are related;
Why Russia is Fighting Japan Over These Islands
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 11:12:16 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 11:12:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Easterner:

Ha! That patch was a best seller when we went to the gun shows. Unfortunately I don't have anymore in stock.

I finally got a shipment out with possibly the last of the true Azov patches. I can't keep anything from them in stock either.
View Quote

I'd like one of these. How can I get one?
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 11:12:42 AM EDT
[#33]
Corpses of Russians are collected throughout Ukraine

Link Posted: 4/9/2022 11:13:48 AM EDT
[#34]

He's one of the Jackson 5.  Duh.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Originally Posted By GTLandser:

You got really purty words.

I had to look up "germane"

He's one of the Jackson 5.  Duh.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 11:20:59 AM EDT
[#35]
With all these high profile EU deligation visits to Ukraine ... one most agree the West has air assets inside Ukraine ... at least until the visits conclude ...
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 11:25:58 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By PurpleOtter:
More info on the Boris Johnson visit.

Johnson travels to Kyiv for Zelensky talks
View Quote

Groovy baby.  

I got to hand it to PM Austin Powers, the UK has really stepped up.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 11:25:59 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 11:26:35 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 11:26:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: realwar] [#39]
Trans: The work of the self-propelled ATGM "Shturm-S" south of Izyum

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9K114_Shturm
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 11:26:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RolandofGilead] [#40]
Originally Posted By governmentman:

I have some skepticism of these types of stories that portray Ukraine as significantly more prosperous than Russia. The GDP per capita and especially median income data doesn't line up with that concept.

That being said, Fuck Russia and we should be helping Ukraine more. The post war situation should build Ukraine back more prosperous than Russia
View All Quotes

I have some skepticism of these types of stories that portray Ukraine as significantly more prosperous than Russia. The GDP per capita and especially median income data doesn't line up with that concept.

That being said, Fuck Russia and we should be helping Ukraine more. The post war situation should build Ukraine back more prosperous than Russia

I haven't been to Ukraine, but I've been to Russian villages....which is where most of their soldiers came from. It's rough living. Often no running water, dilapidated houses etc.
SPB and Moscow are pretty nice in general, but even there you have some pretty run down areas and apartment buildings with multiple families living in one apartment and extremely poorly taken care of buildings.

So it's plausible this is happening, but I agree should be taken with a grain of salt. Maybe one of our Ukrainian members can compare to the above.

Eta sorry guys I'm way behind the power curve here
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 11:27:03 AM EDT
[#41]

I know European politics is odd, but in what world are the "far right" and Putin on the same team?
View Quote

The European Left/Right political spectrum is nothing like the American spectrum. That's where people often get confused. The spectrum has also evolved over time.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 11:28:29 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 11:29:32 AM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes
  She also took money from Putin and published campaign flyers with a photo of them together,knowing that her base supports him.
  She also has said a few times that she wants France to leave NATO as the USSR doesn’t exist anymore and that France needs to help end Iran’s isolation -I shall remind everyone where Khomeini was in exile.

Enemy of my enemy is a friend + dumb tribalism overlooking their crimes + objective analysis without regard for social niceties of the moment = they'll appear that way. It's a shame. Parts of the right which could have pulled an Azov decided to shoot themselves in the foot instead.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 11:29:56 AM EDT
[#44]

You understand a couple pieces of data but aren’t getting  what it means in the real world.

@governmentman

Russia has a much different distribution of wealth. Yes,there are Ukrainian oligarchs and very poor people in Ukraine but the massive wealth gap between the top 100 Russians and the 140 million under them has a considerably different distribution of wealth than in Ukraine that isn’t as easily seen just with statistics.  Moscow and Saint Petersburg are a world different to Pskov,let alone different to innumerable rural villages in European Russia to say nothing of Asiatic Russia. The suburbs of Kyiv are absolutely wealthier in absolute terms than the poorest parts of Ukraine but are certainly not wealthy by American or Western European standards but that is irrelevant because the marauders have come from very poor places.

It has been discussed but since you have missed it will say it again: the Russian army is made up of the bottom of society. Urban families do not send their children to the army,they don’t. The Russians -and especially the Dagestsnis,Tuvans,Buryats…-sent to Ukraine are the poorest. If you grew up here

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/C0B1A0DA-CEE9-49A3-815C-53A4C3DCC9F9_jpe-2342946.JPG

or

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/59C12062-7B59-4106-8422-35BD390A1D6D_jpe-2342950.JPG

Ukrainians living in apartments or tiny brick houses who have iPhones and Nutella would seem wealthy to them.

View All Quotes

You understand a couple pieces of data but aren’t getting  what it means in the real world.

@governmentman

Russia has a much different distribution of wealth. Yes,there are Ukrainian oligarchs and very poor people in Ukraine but the massive wealth gap between the top 100 Russians and the 140 million under them has a considerably different distribution of wealth than in Ukraine that isn’t as easily seen just with statistics.  Moscow and Saint Petersburg are a world different to Pskov,let alone different to innumerable rural villages in European Russia to say nothing of Asiatic Russia. The suburbs of Kyiv are absolutely wealthier in absolute terms than the poorest parts of Ukraine but are certainly not wealthy by American or Western European standards but that is irrelevant because the marauders have come from very poor places.

It has been discussed but since you have missed it will say it again: the Russian army is made up of the bottom of society. Urban families do not send their children to the army,they don’t. The Russians -and especially the Dagestsnis,Tuvans,Buryats…-sent to Ukraine are the poorest. If you grew up here

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/C0B1A0DA-CEE9-49A3-815C-53A4C3DCC9F9_jpe-2342946.JPG

or

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/59C12062-7B59-4106-8422-35BD390A1D6D_jpe-2342950.JPG

Ukrainians living in apartments or tiny brick houses who have iPhones and Nutella would seem wealthy to them.

To put my above post in perspective, the villages I've been to weren't even as bad as those.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 11:33:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dillydilly] [#45]
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 11:33:45 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Chokey:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FP5eRLoXwAMWpMx?format=jpg&name=small

https://www.instagram.com/dirtydozeneira/

https://i.imgur.com/jsLigHC.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/O9iDHS1.jpg
View Quote

OMG.  And Buccee's as well.  Amazing.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 11:34:59 AM EDT
[#47]
I’m sick of seeing Zellinsky everywhere. He’s the only dude that can be all over the so called war zone and never risk getting harmed by anything. The Austrian president came to visit in Kyiv and they strolled around town.

Are the Russians so pathetic that they can’t find this guy already? Seems like all they’d have to do is schedule a tv interview with him.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 11:38:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RolandofGilead] [#48]
Originally Posted By 556therapy:
I’m sick of seeing Zellinsky everywhere. He’s the only dude that can be all over the so called war zone and never risk getting harmed by anything. The Austrian president came to visit in Kyiv and they strolled around town.

Are the Russians so pathetic that they can’t find this guy already? Seems like all they’d have to do is schedule a tv interview with him.
View Quote

What else should he be doing but trying to get the world on his side?
He's 100% doing the right thing.

So called war zone?
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 11:39:12 AM EDT
[#49]

I wouldn’t feel bad.

View All Quotes

I wouldn’t feel bad.

Seems like a legitimate case for summary execution in the field by a commander.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 11:39:26 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By 556therapy:
I'm sick of seeing Zellinsky everywhere. He's the only dude that can be all over the so called war zone and never risk getting harmed by anything. The Austrian president came to visit in Kyiv and they strolled around town.

Are the Russians so pathetic that they can't find this guy already? Seems like all they'd have to do is schedule a tv interview with him.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1547 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top