Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1546 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 4/9/2022 8:30:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HIPPO:

It gets better

View Quote

Germany gonna be on the wrong side of history for a third time?
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 8:32:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:
People get wound up in weird ways over watching videos of graphic death.

I haven't watched any of them because I once watched a Chechen cut the head off a Russian. Like 20 years ago...
Was plenty. Thanks.
View Quote

Wow, exactly the same for me. Saw the same video, talked my roommate into not watching it. And have been avoiding execution videos ever since.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 8:39:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By my65pan:

No rest till Moscow!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By my65pan:
Originally Posted By mancow:

Sounds like a Beasty Boy lyric.

No rest till Moscow!

No sleep till Sevastopol!
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 8:45:04 AM EDT
[#4]

Yes it's strange. However consumed with hatred it's counterintuitive. The only explanation is a long running culture.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cchurchi:
Watching all of this has really shown me how much the Russian people are absolute fucking ghouls…. Raping and murdering children..  I hope they all burn in hell for eternity.

Yes it's strange. However consumed with hatred it's counterintuitive. The only explanation is a long running culture.

There is a creepy ass movie with Keanu Reeves called Siberia, on nextflix.  If modern Russia is anything like portrayed, yikes.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 8:45:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By governmentman:

I have some skepticism of these types of stories that portray Ukraine as significantly more prosperous than Russia. The GDP per capita and especially median income data doesn't line up with that concept.

That being said, Fuck Russia and we should be helping Ukraine more. The post war situation should build Ukraine back more prosperous than Russia
View Quote

You understand a couple pieces of data but aren’t getting  what it means in the real world.

@governmentman

Russia has a much different distribution of wealth. Yes,there are Ukrainian oligarchs and very poor people in Ukraine but the massive wealth gap between the top 100 Russians and the 140 million under them has a considerably different distribution of wealth than in Ukraine that isn’t as easily seen just with statistics.  Moscow and Saint Petersburg are a world different to Pskov,let alone different to innumerable rural villages in European Russia to say nothing of Asiatic Russia. The suburbs of Kyiv are absolutely wealthier in absolute terms than the poorest parts of Ukraine but are certainly not wealthy by American or Western European standards but that is irrelevant because the marauders have come from very poor places.

It has been discussed but since you have missed it will say it again: the Russian army is made up of the bottom of society. Urban families do not send their children to the army,they don’t. The Russians -and especially the Dagestsnis,Tuvans,Buryats…-sent to Ukraine are the poorest. If you grew up here

Attachment Attached File

or

Attachment Attached File

Ukrainians living in apartments or tiny brick houses who have iPhones and Nutella would seem wealthy to them.

Link Posted: 4/9/2022 8:51:47 AM EDT
[#6]

I have some skepticism of these types of stories that portray Ukraine as significantly more prosperous than Russia. The GDP per capita and especially median income data doesn't line up with that concept.

That being said, Fuck Russia and we should be helping Ukraine more. The post war situation should build Ukraine back more prosperous than Russia
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By outofbattery:

That's easy. The vast majority of Russian wealth is concentrated in just a few cities. I've watched Bald and Bankrupt for years now. Most of Russia is beyond poor and this is where most of their military comes from.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 8:52:09 AM EDT
[#7]
NSFW: Don’t click if you don’t want to see civilian males that were bound and executed by Russian forces.

Link Posted: 4/9/2022 8:53:17 AM EDT
[#8]

Read between the lines.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 8:56:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By CharlieR:

I think they are true; they don't reflect the per capita income of Russians vs Ukrainians vs that the reflect that the actual Russians on the ground in the Army are the expendables from rural poverty, to include the Stans, Siberia, etc.

A Muscovite wouldn't be impressed, so either a) this story is BS or b) Muscovites arent getting drafted.

https://twitter.com/kamilkazani/status/1506479259866394625
View Quote

A pretty popular Russian YouTuber,NFKRZ,made a video where he had a doctor show that he is unfit for the army.  Every family who can afford this does so. As Roland as said in this thread,he knows no family in St Petersburg who had their son drafted. Russians look down on those who are conscripted as poor idiots. It’s not like there was much glory in being in the army. Would you go pick potatoes and live in unheated barracks for what now amounts to $6 per month?

Putin doesn’t give a shit about poor Russians and minorities. Urban Russians don’t either.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 8:56:10 AM EDT
[#10]

You understand a couple pieces of data but aren't getting  what it means in the real world.

@governmentman

Russia has a much different distribution of wealth. Yes,there are Ukrainian oligarchs and very poor people in Ukraine but the massive wealth gap between the top 100 Russians and the 140 million under them has a considerably different distribution of wealth than in Ukraine that isn't as easily seen just with statistics.  Moscow and Saint Petersburg are a world different to Pskov,let alone different to innumerable rural villages in European Russia to say nothing of Asiatic Russia. The suburbs of Kyiv are absolutely wealthier in absolute terms than the poorest parts of Ukraine but are certainly not wealthy by American or Western European standards but that is irrelevant because the marauders have come from very poor places.

It has been discussed but since you have missed it will say it again: the Russian army is made up of the bottom of society. Urban families do not send their children to the army,they don't. The Russians -and especially the Dagestsnis,Tuvans,Buryats-sent to Ukraine are the poorest. If you grew up here

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/C0B1A0DA-CEE9-49A3-815C-53A4C3DCC9F9_jpe-2342946.JPG

or

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/59C12062-7B59-4106-8422-35BD390A1D6D_jpe-2342950.JPG

Ukrainians living in apartments or tiny brick houses who have iPhones and Nutella would seem wealthy to them.

View All Quotes

You understand a couple pieces of data but aren't getting  what it means in the real world.

@governmentman

Russia has a much different distribution of wealth. Yes,there are Ukrainian oligarchs and very poor people in Ukraine but the massive wealth gap between the top 100 Russians and the 140 million under them has a considerably different distribution of wealth than in Ukraine that isn't as easily seen just with statistics.  Moscow and Saint Petersburg are a world different to Pskov,let alone different to innumerable rural villages in European Russia to say nothing of Asiatic Russia. The suburbs of Kyiv are absolutely wealthier in absolute terms than the poorest parts of Ukraine but are certainly not wealthy by American or Western European standards but that is irrelevant because the marauders have come from very poor places.

It has been discussed but since you have missed it will say it again: the Russian army is made up of the bottom of society. Urban families do not send their children to the army,they don't. The Russians -and especially the Dagestsnis,Tuvans,Buryats-sent to Ukraine are the poorest. If you grew up here

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/C0B1A0DA-CEE9-49A3-815C-53A4C3DCC9F9_jpe-2342946.JPG

or

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/59C12062-7B59-4106-8422-35BD390A1D6D_jpe-2342950.JPG

To put it in North American terms; it is like an Hispanic who grew up in some shitty Latin barrio or colonia being surprised by how nice an American trailer park is.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 8:59:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: governmentman] [#11]
Originally Posted By CharlieR:

I think they are true; they don't reflect the per capita income of Russians vs Ukrainians vs that the reflect that the actual Russians on the ground in the Army are the expendables from rural poverty, to include the Stans, Siberia, etc.

A Muscovite wouldn't be impressed, so either a) this story is BS or b) Muscovites arent getting drafted.

https://twitter.com/kamilkazani/status/1506479259866394625
View Quote

That would make a lot of sense, I hadn't considered the probability that those conscripted are from the absolute bottom of the economic spectrum

Looking at the stats again, I see Ukraine's mean and median income are much closer together than Russia's, which would support this as well.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 9:04:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Checked past three pages, no mention. From twitter:

Samuel Ramani
@SamRamani2
Japan removed Ukraine's Azov Battalion from its list of terrorist organizations, where it was previously described as a Neo-Nazi group
This has caused an immediate escalation of tensions with Russia

Link Posted: 4/9/2022 9:05:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Element94:

Glossary for acronyms please.
View Quote

No more acronyms allowed.

Thank You

z
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 9:06:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 9:06:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 9:09:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By zach_:

Thank You

z
View All Quotes

Thank You

z

It's a casual thread which has some smart people participating in it.  The abbreviations above were common and germane to the subject matter.  It's incumbent upon the reader to do some research and learn what they mean.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 9:09:21 AM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

So what, one B-52's worth of targets?
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 9:10:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

Interesting patch on the guy in front of the camera guy.
View Quote

I wouldn't read too much into it, I have seen about 3 different countries flags, and that has been just on the easy stuff like surplus field jackets. I have also (surprisingly) seen a couple people wearing surplus UCP (no name tapes or patches of any kind). I guess it beats dirtying up your regular clothes.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 9:14:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: governmentman] [#19]
That would make a lot of sense, I hadn't considered the probability that those conscripted are from the absolute bottom of the economic spectrum

Looking at the stats again, I see Ukraine's mean and median income are much closer together than Russia's, which would support this as well.
View Quote

Looking further, the bottom 20% in Russia accounts for 5.5% of all income

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1018199/combined-income-distribution-in-russia-by-population-level/

Ukraine that figure is 10.3%

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1264567/ukraine-income-distribution-by-decile-group/

So while the average Russian is slightly wealthier than the average Ukrainian, the Ukrainian poor are actually doing much better than their Russian counterparts.

So if the conscripts are predominantly from the poorest areas (which sounds plausible), that anecdote is a lot more credible than I thought. I retract my skepticism.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 9:18:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Damn…  

Russian leaders order troops to kill civilians | NewsNation
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 9:20:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Billybob2002:

Russia's Project 100,000.
View Quote

More like Project 150,000.

They have to one up McNamara and the U.S. as always.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 9:20:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Trophy BTR-82A already works against zagarbnikov

????????? ???-82? ??? ?????? ????? ???????????

On the outskirts of Kiev

??? ??? ???? ?? ???????? ????? ?? ? ???? ?????????? ????? ??????

Chernigivshchyna. from. Yagide and s. Lukashivka. Beaten people, ruined temples

????????????. ?. ????? ?? ?. ?????????. ????? ????, ?????????? ?????...
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 9:20:56 AM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

This may be true. I have no idea but a lot of people claim to be Russian there. But I would never trust a referendum held by Putin's Russia.

Link Posted: 4/9/2022 9:22:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By FDC:

It's a casual thread which has some smart people participating in it.  The abbreviations above were common and germane to the subject matter.  It's incumbent upon the reader to do some research and learn what they mean.
View Quote

You got really purty words.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 9:22:13 AM EDT
[#25]

Articulated a bit less bombastically than James Vasquez.

Link in case I screwed up the twitter imbed.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 9:22:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

It gets better

LePen is from France.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 9:23:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Cincinnatus] [#27]
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 9:25:52 AM EDT
[#28]
US, Poland hold joint military exercise near Ukraine border

Ukraine war: US, Poland hold joint military exercise near Ukraine border
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 9:26:26 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

The analogy is superb.  We probably should remove all of the nuclear missiles we have installed in Ukraine then Russia will stop their invasion just like we quit bombing Cuba after the missiles left the island.
View Quote

There was some pro-Russian old woman being interviewed in a bomb shelter in the East somewhere in Ukraine saying the same thing...the USA was buying land in E. Ukraine for nuke bases.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 9:26:55 AM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

USSR/Russia never had a rural electrification project like the US did decades ago. The gap between a tiny town and major city in US is pretty small in terms of public utilities/services. Russia is the opposite. Tiny remote towns are more like a different country altogether than they are to the cities. Once again, it's about the way Russian leaders value their people.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 9:27:09 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Cincinnatus:

This proves that she is either a Useful Idiot or a bought and paid for Stooge for Russia.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Cincinnatus:

This proves that she is either a Useful Idiot or a bought and paid for Stooge for Russia.

Both.

Link Posted: 4/9/2022 9:30:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Strykewolf] [#32]
Originally Posted By SpaceGuy:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SpaceGuy:

Correction, Lithuania.  Not enough coffee, yet.

Kalingrad is a large portion of the current angst that Russia has with Lithuania.  With Lithuania working to close it's border with Belarus, and by extension Russia's land access to supply some 400k of it's citizens, they will take it as a direct escalation by NATO, depending on how things are handled.  Just something to keep in mind.

May also be part of the reason Russia pulled the forces back from the Kiev area, thinking that they may need those forces for something else.  Either to, in their minds, relieve Kalingrad, or allow Ukraine forces to move east to engage their eastern forces and then cut those Ukraine forces off from behind.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 9:30:08 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By GTLandser:

View All Quotes

I had to look up "germane"
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 9:31:00 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

I know European politics is odd, but in what world are the "far right" and Putin on the same team?
View Quote

They are separate pieces of rotten fruit from the authoritarian "ism" tree.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 9:32:14 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

He's one of the Jackson 5.  Duh.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 9:32:17 AM EDT
[#36]

Thank You

z
View All Quotes

Thank You

z

Ummm. You might want to rethink how you sign your posts. Especially in this thread.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 9:32:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ITCHY-FINGER] [#37]

View Quote

Maybe Russia is very polarized. Moscow was/is the most expensive city in the world some time ago. Lots of money there. Probably true of the other big cities. Meanwhile the smaller town and countryside is very poor and un-developed.

Quess where 99% of the Russian soldiers come from...

beaten by the 50 posters above...
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 9:37:49 AM EDT
[#38]

This story is going to blow up. This shit is fucked.
View Quote

There's a disgusting video of him with an actual baby in the comments. Don't watch it if you already have high blood pressure.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 9:37:59 AM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes

Thank You

z

BIOYA
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 9:39:31 AM EDT
[#40]
Did the Russians intentionally target the civilians fleeing at the train station, or was that just random, incompetent artillery?

regardless, it's horrific
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 9:41:58 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By doc540:
Did the Russians intentionally target the civilians fleeing at the train station, or was that just random, incompetent artillery?

View Quote

Unknown, bits I've read seem to indicate that the Russians thought it was Ukraine recruits/soldiers gathering; others say it was a mistargeted strike, others say it was Ukraine.  Welcome to the fog of war, so to speak.

Link Posted: 4/9/2022 9:45:46 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Fallen:

Ummm. You might want to rethink how you sign your posts. Especially in this thread.
View Quote

True. Never thought about that.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 9:46:48 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By mbinky:
https://i.postimg.cc/0NM0Ls5d/UCV.jpg
View Quote

I got that instantly.   Now I feel old, and sad.  And you should feel bad.  
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 9:49:19 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:

There's a disgusting video of him with an actual baby in the comments. Don't watch it if you already have high blood pressure.
View All Quotes

Yup not clicking that one. At a minimum he deserves the same ass whooping, eye gouging death the one guy received.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 9:49:38 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By 58Teague:

Delivering Chinese Fk-3 Air defense systems which Serbia bought a while ago. Track looking funky is any number of reasons; bad coverage, gps spoofing, etc...
View Quote
Murder hornet in cockpit.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 9:50:03 AM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

I don’t want to watch that either.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 9:51:01 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 9:51:02 AM EDT
[#48]
 They tortured a 78 year old Soviet veteran to death. There were other pictures of him inside his house with a Soviet naval ensign hung up. They have moved from targeting Jew Nazis to Soviet Nazis.

Attachment Attached File

In rare amusing war news,a territorial army group I mentioned many pages ago as being Eesti backed now has a great patch.

Bob Marley Squad

Attachment Attached File

They have so far fought  from Kyiv up to being within sight of the Chernobyl sarcophagus
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 9:53:39 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 9:54:41 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By doc540:

View Quote

They were talking about doing it (hitting railways and railway infrastructure) in this area of Ukraine on Russian tv literally the day before.
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1546 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top